SM OU MMedicham Bulky Offense team (low 1500)

I built this team around mmedicham as it is one of my favourite megas. This team started as a HO team based around weavile and mmedicham but it slowly changed and got tweaked as i got higher up in the ladder (low 1500s). I think this team functions well as it covers each others weaknesses.
Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
The big boi of the team. After abilities this boi has the second highest attack in the game. Fake out for chip and finish off frail attackers. HJK for massive stab damage. Zen headbutt for pex and just extra coverage and ice punch for chomp and zap. Evs are pretty self explanatory.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog
Defensive zap is for hazard control and for status spreading as static+discharge spreads paralysis like crazy and it helps the more slower powerhouses of my team such as MMedicham and Kyurem to wall break for my keldeo and lando to clean up. Roost for survivability, heatwave for coverage and defog for hazards. Leftovers and nature are just to be as tank as possible and outspeed timid mag and anything slower. Smogon evs basically.
Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Calm Mind
Keldeo is the newest addition to the team and has proven useful. Im using leftovers so i can heal chip from stuff like fini and pex who i taunt to make them practically useless. Scald and secret sword for dual stab and calm mind to set up on pex and stuff.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
Scarf lando is for speed control againts stuff like specs ash gren who annialate my team. Stone edge if i predict flying type switch ins and equake is a necessity on ALL lando sets. Uturn for pivoting into my wbreakers and SR is something i dont use that much but is useful for teams weak to sr but i mostly use this to pivot or do a lot of damage.
Magnezone @ Steelium Z
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Magnezone is a pokemon which i find to beusing on all the teams i make as its ability makes it REALLy useful for ferrothorn who can hurt my team with hazards if i dont have keldeo to taunt. It also helps with stuff like mscizor who can hurt my wbreakers and keldeo if its an offensive set. VSwitch if im not going againts a steel type and they can switch into a counter, tbolt for celesteela, hp fire for mscizor and ferrothorn and flash cannon with steelium z STAB is a powerhouse OHKOing all lando variants which is a common switch in for my mag.

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Band
Ability: Teravolt
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head
- Outrage
Banded kyurem B is an amazing wbreaker as most people expect a passive av set, mixed LO attacker or the prominent z Freeze shock set. I honestly dk why people dont use this monster because like honestly? STAB banded 120 bp attack? Yes please. Imo this boy is a beast but you need to predict right and Iron head when the tapus swap out. This boy OHKOs has a 100% chance to OHKO lele and fini and has a 70% chance to OHKO banded bulu and does more than half to all koko variants. Rockslide is a move that i never use tbh, would like some options for changes; fuision bolt is crazy damage and is my second spam option; outrage is my usual spam move, OHKOing switch ins like its nothing and iron head is for those pesky fairys who think they can swap in.
ps. most of these are smogon sets as im pretty terrible at calcing evs
Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-989510623
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-989537495
(Ill try to get more replays)
I think this team is really good but might need some improvements going into the higher ladder. I would love suggestions.

Cool team! Love the concept of Banded Kyurem!

Magnezone @ Steelium Z
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
So I get what you're doing here, but you still get outsped by most Lando variants, so it's not really that useful. I haven't thought of a better Z move user for your team though, so I guess you could keep it. Here's the smogon analysis for Steelium also, OHKOing the following:

Smogon said:
Flash Cannon can be used in conjunction with Steelium Z over Electrium Z to get a KO on incoming Landorus-T, Garchomp, Tapu Koko, and Latios with Stealth Rock up.
The thing is, Z move ONLY WORKS WITH SUBSTITUTE. THAT's what lets you get the jump on the aforementioned Landorus. Swap V-Switch for Sub.

Look forward to seeing what everyone else does with this!

Rockslide is a move that i never use tbh, would like some options for changes
Dragon Claw could work. It might seem redundant to have both Dragon Claw and Outrage on the same set, but Dragon Claw has a few advantages over Outrage. It won't confuse you, and it won't prevent you from switching out.

This team straight up loses to Z-normal Kartana the moment it sets up an SD though... You could play arond with Lando and Zapdos but it is gimmicky and can be outplayed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)