MM's Monsters

EDIT: everything past the british zeppelin on the first page are not Pokemon. They're for my own game, Hieros Gamos. So don't say they don't look like Pokemon or whatever.

Here's what I have of my fakedex so far. (haven't sprited the starters yet, sorry.) My dex in total has 152 fakemon, with no evos or preevos of existing ones.

NOT IN B/W STYLE

Critique is welcome.

Eriquarius
Bacora
Dacorer, Bacora's evo
Bontar
Fientar, Bontar's evo
Thunny
Alchebun, Thunny evo 1a
Philospun, Thunny evo 1b

OH-OH-OH, your sprites are probably the best I've ever seen. Thunny is so adorable, and Fientar is so badass. If I could actually draw decently I'd totally make fanart.

Keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing more from you. c:

Whoa, those are tight. Any typing?
Eriquarius: Water
Bacora and Decorer: Fighting
Bontar and Fientar: Poison/Ground
Thunny: Electric
Alchebun: Fire/Water
Philospun: Electric/Psychic

chocolate-kipp said:
If I could actually draw decently I'd totally make fanart.
I've never seen your art, but you should do it! You don't even know how much the thought means to me.

I'm not really an artist..... In fact, I literally suck, but may I make some suggestions? It's about your typings.

Eriquarius looks Ghost/Dark to me simply based on looks. It's way too epic to be a water type.

Bontar and Fientar look Ghost/Poison to me, because of how dark they are in color and the way they hold their arms. Also, they have a freaking cow skull on their heads! Which insinuates death and Ghosts to me. But the cow skulls are awesome!

I like these, and I'll be looking forward to more work from you in the future.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
I was thinking Water/Dark for Fientar. Easily my favourite. And I love that one above. Can we have a name?

This is awesome! I suppose Thunny's evolutions are the Sun and Moon Pokemon. I argee with SlimMan, Eriquarius looks much more like a Ghost or Ghost/Dark than a Water type. Can't wait to see more in the future.

I really like your style, but it seems a bit inconsistant. Some have a lot more shading and colours than others, for example these newer two. I know the first one is fairly small, but the bigger one seems to be over shaded. But thats just my opinion. Keep up the good work.

These should definitely be the Classy Pokemon. I think that they should learn explosion. What? I'm kidding.

Great quality sprites.

So, long story short I've decided to stop making fakemon and instead make my own creatures for a game that I may or may not develop. The game is called Hieros Gamos, the creatures homunculi, and the whole thing is alchemy-based and similar in playstyle to Dragon Warrior Monsters for the GBC.

Why am I doing this? My creatures don't really look like fakemon in the first place, and well, not adding the Pokemon label gives me a lot more creativity with their designs and the way I sprite them. I hope you'll continue to follow my spriting, however!

Meet Salamendra, one of the "starters", in its fourth and final Rank (similar to evolution). It represents the element of fire in its purest form. Pretty awesome, huh?

Anyways. I didn't see any of you at the last Pocket Spriter (which might have been good, since there was some drama going on). I'd love to see some of you there, and I'll be taking requests, so come on down! (For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, Pocket Spriter is a live streaming Pokemon spriting tutorial that happens about once a month.)

(Written by Twitch, the other host of PS)

Pocket Spriter #7: Trials and Pixelations

Newcomers and oldcomers all, welcome to the newest episode of the eagerly-anticipated Pocket Spriter! Today, we rejoin our heroes Seika (That's me!) and Twitch as they grapple with challenges such as overcoming artblock and dealing with thousands of screaming fans who all want requests and commissions and concrit. Exciting! You, the viewer, can join in on the talking fun if you have skype, or simply via the chat if you do not.

The stream will start at 5PM EST on Wednesday, December 29, an earlier start time to accommodate those in other timezones. Panels are as follows:

Hosted by Twitch: 5-8PM
Circuitry Tips: Designing and spriting electric-type fakemon
No Regrets: Reviewing and improving on old designs
Sprite Critique: We take a closer look at viewer-submitted sprites and might actually resprite a few.

Hosted by Seika: 8PM-Happy hour
Hieros Gamos: It's not pokemon, but it -is- a neat pokemonesque game. We'll take a closer look at the alternative style of Seika's creations.
Sprite Requests: Viewers request a design or idea to be sprited.
Happy Hour: par-tayyyy

As always, the link to the channel is http://www.livestream.com/pocketspriter ! You don't need to be registered on livestream or anything. Just drop on by, and tell your friends!

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
One word: Wow. I love these sprites!
I really hope that you some kind of mammoth sprite. That would be awesome!

Oh my god, could I please have the first monocle pokémon transparent and in avatar form? You will be my best friend.

Johann: I'll PM you with the sprite.

So here's another one of the Rank 4 starters for my game, Dwartle

Probably not done at this point but getting there!

The pocket spriter was really fun but there's no way for me to know when your doing them can you pm me when you know when your doing them
And yeah your a great spriter :D

Sure Homeslice. If I forget, just remember the thread on Hollywooper usually has the time/date of the next one before anywhere else.

Okay, so I know there are some good sprite artists and creature designers here. I'm sending out a plea for help to all your creature-designy, monster-spritey types - I need help with the game I was talking about in my other post. I don't think I can link to any of the threads here (they're all offsite) but contact me through the MSN on my profile and I'll tell you more about it.

Your sprites are excellent! I've seen a lot of sprites come through here, but you are up there with the best. Keep up the awesome work!

Three out of four of the Rank 4 "starters" for Hieros Gamos. Just missing Sylphen, the air guy.

I am going to put a link to one of the HG threads in my signature so you guys can see progress/recruitment info.

Grass, Fire, and Water! THEY'RE POKEMANZ!

Wait, there's Air too. D:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)