Side Monotype BLT III

Kev

Part of the journey is the end
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OP stolen from Monotype BLT II

Image courtesy of Ticken

Welcome to the third Monotype Best Leaderboard Tournament (BLT). This is a team tournament featuring players who qualify through the official tournaments in the Monotype room on Pokemon Showdown! Discussion is welcome in this thread, but keep it civil.

How to Qualify
There are 4 official tournament in the Monotype room on Pokemon Showdown per day at the following times:
1AM GMT
7AM GMT
1PM GMT
7PM GMT

Placing within the top 4 of an official room tournament grants you leaderboard points. Placing 1st earns you 3 points, 2nd earns you 2 points, and the two 3rd places earn 1 point each. At the end of each week (Sunday - Saturday) the top 12 players will be entered into the pool as qualifiers for this tournament. If someone places in the top 12 for more than one week, they will not be counted twice, therefore up to 12 players will qualify each week.

For the sake of logging qualifiers, please only use 1 IGN when participating in OTs. I will not search through each person to see that they gained points on an alternate account, then add that to their main. Nor will I accept these points if you come complain to me. For example, if I have 6 points for the week through the IGN "KevinELF" and then win a tournament on the IGN "On Rainy Days" I will not gain those 3 points on the "KevinELF" IGN.

The qualification phase begins on Monday 2/4 2:00AM GMT-5 and will end on Sunday 3/10 8:00PM GMT-5. Therefore, 5 weeks of tournaments will count towards qualification and up to 60 players will qualify to play. It should be noted that only 48 of those 60 players will be selected.

At the end of the qualification phase, players who qualify to play must express in this thread that they want to participate by posting "in" with the list of formats they would like to play. A draft will follow players expressing their desire to play, the draft date is Saturday March 16th at 1 PM GMT-5. The draft will follow the "snake" format, where managers will choose players for their team one at a time in a randomized order.

The metagames included in this tournament are as follows:
USUM Monotype
USUM Monotype
USUM Monotype
ORAS Monotype
Monotype AAA
Monotype STABmons

Managers
There will be 6 teams participating in the tournament, of which managers will be Monotype room auth members, who will be announced at a later date.

All battles during the tournament season must be played on Pokemon Showdown, Smogtours (smogtour.psim.us), or the ROM server (rom.psim.us) (for Monotype OMs).

Regular Season

The regular season will consist of 5 round robin weeks where each team will play the other 5 teams one at a time.

Finals
The 2 teams with the best record will move on to the finals, with the victors of that week being crowned the Monotype BLT champions.

Subs and Trading
Substitutes are allowed during each week. Managers must PM me to let me know that they will need to sub out a player during a week. In addition, a post must be made highlighting me, the opposing manager, and the opposing player to let everyone know that there will be a substitute. I reserve the right to veto a substitute given certain circumstance. Trading will not be allowed at any point during the tournament.

Activity Decisions
Activity decisions will be made by me, the host. I will perform a thorough investigation to determine the ruling of the activity. If both sides do not make an effort to contact, the match will end as a dead game. If one player makes more effort to make the match scheduled and happen, that player will receive the activity win.
Please schedule appropriately. The best means of scheduling is to post on your opponent's profile wall on Smogon stating your timezone and your availability for the week. Rulings stand as is; whatever decision I make regarding activity or disqualifications are set and will not be reversed at a later date.

Rule Breaking
Breaking any rule will result in an automatic loss. In the case of bringing an illegal team to a Monotype OM, it will result in an automatic loss unless the opponent agrees to restarting.

Leaderboards
The leaderboards for BLT qualifiers can be found here. Please note that the leaderboards will be updated at the end of each day, not automatically.

Qualifiers
dhaarma (in)
Leru (Blanc Aile) (in)
maroon (in)
Arzcher (from space) (in)
DugZa (in)
Seager (in)
The Consort (in)
dahli (peachyclouds) (in)
Catalystic (in)
Waszap (in)
Namranan (in)
Riku Sakuraba (in)
* Chaitanya has decided to not play, and since he is manager I will completely void his placement . This will however not be repeated in further weeks, try not to qualify if you dont want to sign up!

Balto (in)
double switches (in)
memomiguel (in)
Dragon Expert Soma (in)
Ronman5 (in)
K3ppr (in)
Kaguya Lys (kurotatsu) (in)
luckypiper (in)
GotCookies (in)
Felines (in)
cheri05
Nexecutioner (Toxanex) (in)

Ssalbap (in)
Vodoom (Sindy) (in)
zugubu royale (in)
Oberyn (little finesse) (in)
Aparctias (in)
average fella (in)
King Billu (in)
MetaRiolu7 (in)
Ieki (in)
Bitana (dropped out)
Thundaaaaa (flossed over) (in)
I am bu (in)

Ferno (in)
Magma (barely lit) (in)
Cognitohazard (in)
Nailec (in)
Endal (in)
skysolo14 (in)
BodaciousT (in)
RAP Yogurt (in)
Dj Breloominati♬ (Spitfire Arcanine) (in)
Splashbrutha (in)
Poison Adhesive (in)
Derpeddeath (in)

MCVPodge (in)
Mr. Abby (in)
NLSlayer21 (in)
Lost-Charmeleon
SirSkit
Cicnito
Harpp
Mateeus_1 (in)
A Random Rift (in)
Arushi (in)
Queen of Tea and Shade
Nirtex

Note: I will be holding off signups until week 4 for convenience, please do not signup until I tag you for it then.

Managers

Decem with the Gorgeous Gourgeists
Attribute with the Rambunctious Rhyperiors
Chaitanya with the Kindred Kingdras
maroon with the Driftveil Drilburs
Havens with the Layuda Lightning
Harpp with the Cheerful Clefables

Last edited:

Kev

Part of the journey is the end
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Signups are now open! I am tagging all the people who qualified in the first 4 weeks, only sign up if you were tagged. Reminder that you MUST signup for you to be included in the draft pool. The signups will be closed on Saturday, March 15th at 1PM GMT-5. The draft will also be on that Saturday, at 12 PM.

Please use the following format:
Code:
Player name:
Tiers:
Significant Time Missed:
It is important you specify your tiers, because this can help the managers make their choices.

List of people that have qualified in the first 4 weeks:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)