Side Monotype BLT IV

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
OP stolen from Monotype BLT III

Image courtesy of Ticken

Welcome to the fourth Monotype Best Leaderboard Tournament (BLT). This is a team tournament featuring players who qualify through the official tournaments in the Monotype room on Pokemon Showdown! Discussion is welcome in this thread, but keep it civil. The Monotype Server will be using #circuit_discussions as a channel for BLT & will be offering the @batchas role for anyone who wants to see the BLT Tour games.

How to Qualify
There are 4 official tournament in the Monotype room on Pokemon Showdown per day at the following times:
6 AM PDT (GMT-7)
12 AM PDT (GMT-7)
6 PM PDT (GMT-7)
12 PM PDT (GMT-7)

Placing within the top 4 of an official room tournament grants you leaderboard points. Placing 1st earns you 3 points, 2nd earns you 2 points, and the two 3rd places earn 1 point each. At the end of each week (Sunday - Saturday) the top 8 players will be entered into the pool as qualifiers for this tournament. If someone places in the top 8 for more than one week, they will not be counted twice, therefore 8 players will qualify each week.

For the sake of logging qualifiers, please only use 1 IGN when participating in OTs. I will not search through each person to see that they gained points on an alternate account, then add that to their main. Nor will I accept these points if you come complain to me. For example, if I have 6 points for the week through the IGN "maroon" and then win a tournament on the IGN "iExca" I will not gain those 3 points on the "maroon" IGN.

The qualification phase begins on Monday 02/10 5:00AM PST and will end on Sunday 3/22 11:00PM PST. Therefore, 6 weeks of tournaments will count towards qualification and up to 48 players will qualify to play. Each team will have 6 players + 1 substitute, so 42 out of 48 players that qualify will be drafted!

At the end of the qualification phase, players who qualify to play must express in this thread that they want to participate by posting "in" with the list of formats they would like to play. A draft will follow players expressing their desire to play, the draft date is Saturday, March 28th @ 11 AM PDT (GMT-7). The draft will follow the "snake" format, where managers will choose players for their team one at a time in a randomized order.

The metagames included in this tournament are as follows:
SwSh Monotype
SwSh Monotype
SwSh Monotype
USUM Monotype
ORAS Monotype
BW Monotype

All battles during the tournament season must be played on the Main Pokemon Showdown Server (play.pokemonshowdown.com) or Smogtours (smogtour.psim.us)

Regular Season
The regular season will consist of 5 round robin weeks where each team will play the other 5 teams one at a time.

Finals
The 2 teams with the best record will move on to the finals, with the victors of that week being crowned the Monotype BLT champions.

The teams that make the playoffs will be decided as such. Week records first are the most important of course. Followed by battle differentials. Finally, if that does not resolve the issue a tiebreaker will happen, which will be a bo3 of SS Monotype + both teams will choose one-tier.

Subs and Trading
Substitutes are allowed each week. Managers must PM me to let me know that they will need to sub out a player during a week. In addition, a post must be made highlighting me, the opposing manager, and the opposing player to let everyone know that there will be a substitute. I reserve the right to veto a substitute given certain circumstances. Trading in this tour will be allowed, however, every team must still have seven players, meaning each trade has to trade one player for one player, or two players for two players. Trading will be allowed before Week 2 after that teams are fully locked in. Players that are traded during week one can not play a match until week two.

Activity Decisions
Activity decisions will be made by me, the host. I will perform a thorough investigation to determine the ruling of the activity. If both sides do not make an effort to contact, the match will end as a dead game. If one player makes more effort to make the match scheduled and happens, that player will receive the activity win.
Please schedule appropriately. The best means of scheduling is to post on your opponent's profile wall on Smogon stating your timezone and your availability for the week. Rulings stand as is; whatever decision I make regarding activity or disqualifications are set and will not be reversed at a later date.

Qualifiers
Qualifiers
1. Confluxx (Confluxx)
2. Nexecutioner (Toxanex)
3. Splash (Splash~PG)
4. Chaitanya (Chaitanya)
5. Typhlosion48 (Typhlosion08)
6. Yami (Sacrifice You)
7. Twilight Solace (Twilight Solace)
8. DugZa (DugZa)

Substitutes
9. Floss (Flossed Over) qualified in week 3
10. blinkboy (nfed chazz it up) qualified in week 3

Since it was a 3 way tie for the last spot I used random pick to decide the qualifier & the sub order. Here it is:

1. Dugza
2. Floss
3. Chazz
Qualifiers
1. Kaguya Lys (TitaDragon87)
2. Wyn (wyn)
3. yedla (yedla)
4. Ronman5 (Ronman5)
5. Ferno (ferno)
6. Fylkir Pudin (Fylkir Pudin)
7. Nailec (Nailec)
8. zugubu royale (Hairbuster Riberts)

Substitutes
9. Its Choco Bitch (king choco)
10. tier (TierAcid)

Instead of waiting until a substitute need to be made I used !pick to decide who the first substitute of the Week 2 qualifiers would be. King Choco will be subbed in first, then tieracid.
Qualifiers
1. Endal (Endal)
2. Ssalbap (Ssalbap)
3. blinkboy (Don't Tell My Boss)
4. Dandy Highwayman (namlookslikeatoad)
5. Floss (Flossed Over)
6. Crashy (crashy)
7. dahli (peachyclouds)
8. volcanionisgood (volcanionisgood)

Substitutes
9. Dieu Amphibien (Dieu Amphibien)
10. smub (smub)

These are the Week 3 Qualifiers + Potential Substitutes

#10-14 was tied for last substitute spot, so the additional people were screened.

This shows who was picked to be in BLT vs who was going to be the first substitute

This was to pick the last substitute
Qualifiers
1. BitchKicker (Dog kicker 2)
2. TezGreninja (aromatezzy)
3. Riku Sakuraba (Itsuki Kiritsugu)
4. TheTacoMan (Chaos Train)
5. Caspell (Caspell)
6. Prof.Otaku (Prof.Otaku)
7. GotCookies (Got Cookies)
8. Bondie (Bondie)

Substitutes
9. smub (Smub)
10. LaPatateDouce (RindaOkami)

These are the week4 qualifiers + substitutes.
Qualifiers
1. tier (king of rejects)
2. Fírnen (frnen)
3. K3ppr (lansu9)
4. Namranan (namranan)
5. The Thunderbirds (Thethunderbirds)
6. Cell (Celestial Reject)
7. RahelGamer03 (rahelgamer03)
8. Maki's Fox (makis fox)

Substitutes
9. Sebastion rivera (Sebastion rivera)
10. Ika Ika Musume (Ika Ika Musume)

I then picked qualifiers and sub order using !pick on the last 4 slots
Qualifiers
1. ed wins (Bewear-Sama)
2. Decem (Decem)
3. FU SHUN HA (out your ass)
4. kythr (MSG8 Deity)
5. Broccol1 (Broccol1)
6. juleocesar (juleocesar)
7. DYA (Itsdya)
8. Cognitohazard (Cognitohazard)

Substitutes
9. Dragon Expert Soma (Soma)
10. Derpeddeath (MSG8 ddeath)

Note: I will be holding off signups until week 5 for convenience, please do not signup until I tag you for it then. Also for the team tournament part of BLT, all matches must have public replays that are posted in the appropriate Week's thread.

Managers
MetaRiolu7 managing the Slateport Scorpions
Perish Song managing the Marauding Marowaks
LuckyPiper managing the Masquerading Mimikyus
Attribute managing the Fashionista Florges
Mateeus managing the Snowpoint Staravias
Jolly Togekiss ^-^ managing the Twinleaf Togekiss

The picks were done in the Monotype Events room. Also just to clarify that screenshot means the Twinleaf Togekiss will get 6th pick for BLT.

The managers do not need to qualify for the tournament. They will all be added to their team at the time of the draft, however, the managers should only play as substitutes and allow the other players to start.

Last edited:

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Hi everyone, quick psa/announcement. Please do not qualify multiple times, it messes with the tournament and forces more random picks than should happen for qualifiers+substitutes. Also please let me know who you are if you qualified under an alt, thanks!

Current substitutes & qualifiers with unidentified alts:
(none atm)

Last edited:

maroon

free palestine
RMT & Mono Leader
Signups are now open! I am tagging all the people who qualified in the first 4 weeks, only sign up if you were tagged. Reminder that you MUST signup for you to be included in the draft pool. The signups will be closed on Friday, March 27th at 5 PM EDT (GMT-4). The date selected for the draft is Saturday, March 28th @ 11 AM PDT (GMT-7).

Please use the following format to signup:
Code:
Player name: maroon
Tiers: SwSh Monotype / USUM Monotype / ORAS Monotype / BW Monotype
Timezone: PDT (GMT-7)
Significant Time Missed: none
It is important you specify the tiers you can and are willing to play because this can help the managers make their choices.

List of people that have qualified in the first 4 weeks:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)