Project Monotype Core Laddering Challenge Season 2 [INDEX THREAD]

Namranan

:)))))))))))
taken over from Illama and approved by Eien.
co-hosted with Perishing Song

MTCLC.png

Monotype Core Laddering Challenge Season 2 Cycle 2
SM Challenge #6
2 Cores, September 10 - September 20

Ground

Steelix-Mega + Landorus-T
Tag : CCS2Gd2
Hall of Fame Rankings:

Platinum: 1600+
Gold: 1475+
Silver: 1350+
Bronze: 1250+

Dragon

Garchomp + Dragalge
Tag: CCS2Dr2
Hall of Fame Rankings:

Note: This project is now lead by me and cohosted by Perish Song. So now all questions and suggestions regarding to CLC should be directed towards us now and not Illama, the former leader.

To register to participate in a core challenge, you must reply to this forum with the proper information to be eligible! See the example post below for details. This also applies for submitting peaks (with that said please keep all of your information onto 1 post)! Otherwise, refer to the Index Thread for the official rules and info on this project. Please make sure to post replays of your Hall of Fame Rankings, failure to do so will result in your post being ignored.

There will be a second challenge along with obtaining the Hall of Fame Rankings. This second challenge is the competition for the best Win/Loss Ratio in 30 games with each core, i.e. at 30 games, take a screenshot of your record and post it in your registration as well. The team with the best record will be added to its own Hall of Fame.

The third challenge along with Win/Loss ratio and Hall of Fame rankings. This third challenge is the competition of peaking ladder with the given cores. The user with highest ladder rank will win this challenge. This now means that in order to win the challenge you have to post a replay of your peak (Highest elo reached) and take a screenshot of your alt's rank on ladder after saving the replay. The person with the highest rank at the end of the week is the winner of the challenge and will get posted in a new hall of fame in the Index thread along with the team they were using. If you win, please PM the team to Perishing Song or me along with a brief description of the team and how you got the elo you got to. (Replays are much appreciated)

Have Fun!​

Namranan

Example Challenge Registration:
PS! name:
Namranan
Laddering alt(s): CCS2Gd2 Foot, CCS2Dr2 Lettuce
Peaks/HoF Rankings:
none yet
W/L Ratio:
none yet

Last edited:

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
PS! name: Decem
Laddering alt(s): CCS2Gd2 bagel, CCS2Dr2 sandwich
Peaks/HoF Rankings:
none yet
W/L Ratio:
none yet

PS! name: MetaRiolu7
Laddering alt(s): CCS2Gd2 Meta, CCS2Dr2 Meta
Peaks/HoF Rankings:
Dragon:

Bronze - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-804804164
Silver - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-805781435
Gold- http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-807641708

Ground:
Bronze - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-805721921, i got carried away and forgot to upload at 1250 so i posted my next battle
Silver - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-805769855, once again sry to upload the first one so i uploaded the next one
Gold- http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-808047486
W/L Ratio:
1st is dragon and 2nd is ground

Attachments

Last edited:

Shokkking

No man can walk out on his own story
Challenge Registration:
PS! name:
Shokkking
Laddering alt(s): CCS2Dr2 Shokk
Peaks/HoF Rankings:
none yet
W/L Ratio:
none yet

Namranan

Congrats to Guwahavel for winning the Rock challenge and to Devinp0 for winning the Fairy challenge!
These two reached the highest elo peak in their respective types, which is the main goal in order to win these challenges. Gratz to both!

Another congrats to Guwahavel for winning the Rock W/L ratio and to Devinp0 for winning the Fairy W/L ratio!

I will also as usual shout out the platinum ranks:
Devinp0 (fairy)
Guwahavel (both)

Thanks to all who participated! Tagging Eien to merge this with the index thread. The next core is already up!

Challenge Registration:
PS! name:
Kitazawa Hagumi
Laddering alt(s): CCS2Dr2 Hagumi, CCS2Gd2 Hagumi
Peaks/HoF Rankings:
N/A
W/L Ratio:
N/A

Perish Song

flaunt
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
hosted by Namranan , co-hosted by Perish Song

SM Challenge #7
2 Cores, September 17 - September 27

Poison
+

Nidoqueen + Scolipede
Tag : CCS2Po2
Hall of Fame Rankings:

Platinum: 1550+
Gold: 1450+
Silver: 1325+
Bronze: 1200+

Ice

Articuno + Walrein
Tag: CCS2Ic2
Hall of Fame Rankings:

Platinum: 1550+
Gold: 1450+
Silver: 1325+
Bronze: 1200+

Note: This project is now lead by Namranan and cohosted by Perish Song. So now all questions and suggestions regarding to CLC should be directed towards us now and not Illama, the former leader.

To register to participate in a core challenge, you must reply to this forum with the proper information to be eligible! See the example post below for details. This also applies for submitting peaks (with that said please keep all of your information onto 1 post)! Otherwise, refer to the Index Thread for the official rules and info on this project. Please make sure to post replays of your Hall of Fame Rankings, failure to do so will result in your post being ignored.

There will be a second challenge along with obtaining the Hall of Fame Rankings. This second challenge is the competition for the best Win/Loss Ratio in 30 games with each core, i.e. at 30 games, take a screenshot of your record and post it in your registration as well. The team with the best record will be added to its own Hall of Fame.

The third challenge along with Win/Loss ratio and Hall of Fame rankings. This third challenge is the competition of peaking ladder with the given cores. The user with highest ladder rank will win this challenge. This now means that in order to win the challenge you have to post a replay of your peak (Highest elo reached) and take a screenshot of your alt's rank on ladder after saving the replay. The person with the highest rank at the end of the week is the winner of the challenge and will get posted in a new hall of fame in the Index thread along with the team they were using. If you win, please PM the team to Perishing Song or Namranan along with a brief description of the team and how you got the elo you got to. (Replays are much appreciated)

Have Fun!​

Last edited:

Perish Song

flaunt
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Example Challenge Registration:
PS! Name: Perish Song
Laddering Alt(s): CCS2Po2 Perish, CCS2Ic2 Song
HoF Replays/Peaks:
none
W/L Ratio:
none

PS! Name: Temporaily
Laddering Alt(s): CCS2Ic2 Drowning, CCSIc2BlueMink

HoF Replays/Peaks:
none
W/L Ratio:
none

Last edited:

Namranan

There were no peak winners for this challenge due to the lack of posts.

I will congratulate smub for doing an excellent job winning the W/L ratio for Ground.
I will also congratulate MetaRiolu7 for winning the W/L ratio for Dragon.

I will also shout out our platinum ranks:
Guwahavel (both)
GnralLao (Ground)
Smub (Ground)

Thank you to all who participated! Tagging Eien to merge this with the index thread. The next challenge is already up!

Last edited:

Actually Lucas

Banned deucer.
Challenge Registration:
PS! Name: Actually Lucas
Laddering Alt(s): CCS2Po2 Lucas, CCS2Ic2 Lucas
HoF Replays/Peaks:
none
W/L Ratio:
none

Challenge Registration:
PS! Name: average fella
Laddering Alt(s): ccs2ic2 xd
HoF Replays/Peaks:
bronze https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-809141783
silver https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-809158414
gold https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-809168346
platinum https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-809550693

guwahavel i DEMAND you recant every bad thing you have said about scarf articuno
http://prntscr.com/kzeos8
this is my peak. i did it
W/L Ratio:
http://prntscr.com/kxid7d for now

oh whoops
it was over 30 games. i wasnt supposed to psot my new shits

i could bug a smogon mod to see hte old versions. i went like 27-2 at some point but who cares

team
Ice Bird PHeonix!~ (Articuno) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Defog

Mishiimono-Mega (Walrein) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 104 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 8 SpD / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Surf
- Frost Breath
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Signal Beam

cleansed (Ninetales-Alola) @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aurora Veil
- Blizzard
- Moonblast
- Encore

CJK5H (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Avalugg @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Avalanche
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Roar

pauperswine (Mamoswine) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard

Last edited:

Namranan

hosted by Namranan , co-hosted by Perish Song

(Banner by Ticken)
SM Challenge #8
2 Cores, September 24 - October 4

Flying

Tornadus-Therian + Thundurus-Therian
Tag : CCS2Fl2
Hall of Fame Rankings:

*New*
Tornadus Therian - Tornadus Therian can be a solid offensive pivot, a decent special bulky attacker, and even a physical sweeper! With access to moves like Defog, Hurricane, Knock off, Acrobatics, Heat Wave and U-turn, the role that Tornadus Therian can fulfill is purely based on the composition of the team.
Thundurus Therian - Thundurus Therian is a somewhat niche sweeper with the useful ability in Volt absorb, allowing it to not be pressured by Electric-type moves. It also has quite an expansive movepool that allows it to be either a Double-dance attacker, or a Choice Scarf revenge killer.

Steel

Lucario + Klefki
Tag: CCS2St2
Hall of Fame Rankings:

*New*
Lucario - Steel is usually known for its fatter builds, but Lucario is here to show that more offensive builds can also work in this metagame. With access to Swords Dance, Meteor Mash, Close Combat, Ice Punch, and Zen Headbutt, this wallbreaker can break through a lot of commonly used walls like Mega-Venusaur, Celesteela, Toxapex, and Mandibuzz. Extreme Speed also allows it to potentially clean weakened teams after a Swords Dance, which with proper team support Lucario can do easily.
Klefki - Klefki is well known for being used on Fairy, but it can also be used on Steel as well to function the same way it does on Fairy. It allows its offensive core to take less damage from opposing Pokemon and can even set Spikes to help vs balance teams like water that switch out frequently.

Note: This project is now lead by Namranan and cohosted by Perish Song. So now all questions and suggestions regarding to CLC should be directed towards us now and not Illama, the former leader.

In order to win this challenge, one player must obtain the highest ladder peak with the given core. In order to be elligible for winning the challenge you have to either post a replay of your peak (Highest elo reached) or take a screenshot of your accounts highest rank on ladder. The person with the highest rank at the end of the week is the winner of the challenge and will get posted in a new hall of fame in the Index thread along with the team they were using. If you win, please PM the team to Perishing Song or Namranan along with a brief description of the team and how you got the elo you got to. (Replays are much appreciated)

Remember to keep track of your Win/Loss ratio because the person with the best ratio out of 30 games can get a shoutout after the challenge has ended. To submit your Win/Loss ratoi just take a screenshot of your record and post it in your registration. The team with the best record will be added to its own Hall of Fame.
Have Fun!​

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)