Monotype Monotype Generation V - Round 2

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader

Approved by the Monotype Mod Team / Art made by Zephyr2007
Co-hosted with Perish Song

Welcome to the fifth iteration of the Monotype Generations Tour. It will work similarly to last year's, where it focuses on the three most recent generations of Monotype: SS, USUM, and ORAS. The first tier to be played is SS Monotype. The loser then decides which generation is played next, between USUM and ORAS Monotype. If a third game needs to be played, the remaining generation will act as the deciding format.

SS, USUM, and ORAS all have challengable Pokemon Showdown formats; please use them when playing your matches for this tournament. Like last year, Monotype Gens will be included in the Monotype Circuit and will be a double elimination tour. Scoring points will mirror that of a Monotype Seasonals.

Monotype Generations Tour I
Monotype Generations Tour II
Monotype Generations Tour III
Monotype Generations Tour IV
SPECIFIC RULES:
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination.
  • All rounds will be Best of Three.
  • SwSh is the first generation played in each round. The loser gets to pick the next generation played.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown, which is the Main server or Smogon Tours servers. Matches played on any other server will be void and redone on one of those 2 servers.
  • To encourage the development of the metagames, all matches must have replays recorded so that everyone is on an even playing field. If the match's replays are not posted in the thread, then the series will be coin flipped regardless of whoever won.
General Tournament Rules / Guidelines:
  • Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm), I will not be pleased, and I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counter teaming at all. Please do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using Fire-type" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent." I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I permit all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them to watch. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds, though.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn, prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Please don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave the mid-battle and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the player's hands who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was, without a doubt, over, they might also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened, there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Tournament Resources:

Different Generation Monotype Clauses:
Gen 8:
Same Type Clause: Pokémon in a team must share a type
Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
Dynamax Clause: You cannot Dynamax

Gen 7:
Swagger Clause: Swagger is banned
Moody Clause: Moody is banned

Gen 6:
Swagger Clause: Swagger is banned
Baton Pass Clause: Limit one Baton Passer, can't pass Speed and other stats simultaneously
Moody Clause: Moody is banned

Winner's Bracket:
Floss [*DNP]  vs  DYA
TJ  vs  cielbakasan
Fírnen  vs  SoulWind
Ronman5  vs  Fylkir Pudin
Bondie [*DNP] vs  Nultiprise
Prosaic  vs  Maskun
eternal ocean  vs  Yami
Sabella  vs  Skysolo
LuckyPiper  vs  Mateeus
adjustments  vs  txitxas
gorex  vs  Zar
Jolly Togekiss ^-^  vs  jonfilch
Gray  vs zugubu royale
yedla  vs  Suspensse
Manan999  vs  Anttya
DarkyLeThugLife  vs  McSim
Pajamazz  vs  Dieu Amphibien
Leru  vs  Alpha Rabbit
K3ppr  vs  Xiri
Acey 2B  vs  Crashy
King Choco  vs  Havens
Toadow [*DNP]  vs  SiceXV
Yves Stone  vs  iNoLife
Surfy  vs  juleocesar
Twilight Solace  vs  Maple
Felines  vs  Trichotomy
smub  vs  StepC
Izaya  vs  Elfuseon
Bluxio  vs  Namranan
Staxi  vs  TheArchitect_
King Billu  vs  Thiago Nunes
Sae  vs  Harpp

Loser's Bracket:
Attribute  vs  maroon
Kev [*DNP] vs  Ron...5
Sagisolar [*DNP] vs  adsam
tMoi  vs  GotCookies
Phantomistix  vs  SkyWarrior
Ta9967  vs  Maki
Roxiee  vs  Teggun Burcs
Curly Brace  vs  AtraX Madara
StitChuu  vs  Mr. Mime fan
Derpeddeath  vs  dahli
ara  vs  Kaguya Lys
Quairo  vs  LaPatateDouce
Pedeath vs  avarice
Hammy vs  giove97
Attitude adjuster  vs  Great Renown
octopi  vs  Rex Slayer
Sensei Axew  vs  I'm hate hats [*DNP]
RobDog747 [*DNP]  vs  The Thunderbirds
ToxaNex [*DNP] vs  Horodro
Rotten  vs  miraage [*DNP]
Hyperspace12  vs  PixelMax
Ryenix  vs  AlolaPersian12 [*DNP]
Decem  vs  Shiba
Koalacance  vs  ashbala99
ashwins72  vs  Raahel
Chaitanya  vs  yzyszn3
Osake  vs  MatLaTomate
Conflux  vs  Edstur98
Endal  vs  TeamCharm69 [*DNP]
Cielau  vs  Zephyr2007
Woop  vs  Sificon [*DNP]
MetaRiolu7  vs  torterraxx [*DNP]

Deadline for this Round is February 28th @ 10 PM EST
Replays will be enforced, either post them or leave them public. Otherwise the match will be coinflipped!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)