All Pokemon are unable to function effectively without their checks and counters gone, which is where their teammates come in. These partners are capable of dismantling multiple Pokemon proving a threat to their teammates, providing invaluable support and thus are often seen as the heart of the team.
This project aims to brainstorm various ideal and effective partners to various Pokemon in a single type that may range from metagame defining Pokemon to more underrated threats.
Every week, I will nominate a Type for discussion of potential duos and submissions. In that week, you will have the chance to submit any good pair of Pokemon for that chosen Type. This means every submission is 2 Pokemon that work well together. Do not think that you are limited by obvious cores or generic teambuilds. Ingenuity and Practicality win the day. I will then put the submissions to a vote for the best partner(s) for that chosen Type and place the winner into the archive. People that manage to get into the archive multiple times with good submissions will be let into the Hall of Fame.
1. Stick with things high up on the viability rankings. Pokemon such as Mienshao and Vaporeon which are considered very niche should not be nominated at all.
2. Reservations are perfectly welcome. All reservations must be completed at least 2 days before the deadline. If a Pokemon is reserved, you may not use it for your own post until the 2 day gap has begun or until the reservation has been fulfilled. Once it has entered this 2 day gap, other users can take your reservation and do it for themselves. If you do not finish your reservation, you will not be allowed to submit for the following week.
3. Don't theorymon. Post Pokemon that you have experience with, or have seen it have quite some use, don't pull Pokemon out of thin air that you think will work well. Have some experience first please.
4. Explain how and why the Pokemon you chose works well. For example, offensive synergy in terms of wearing down each other's checks and counters or defensive synergy in terms of checking threats to the specified type.
5. Be nice to others with your posts and only post meaningful things. One-liners clutter up the thread, as do random memes.
6. You may use the same Pokemon as others, including the same sets, however, if you are using two of the same Pokemon as another person, the sets must be different.
7. Calcs are nice, but not compulsory.
8. Enjoy :)
9. TWO POKEMON PER POST PLEASE!!!