Project Monotype Teambuilding Workshop V2

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Harpp-Banner-FD (2).png

Credit to Ticken for making this banner!
Hi I'm Harpp ! Throughout my time in Monotype I have noticed that a good chunk of newer players do not know how to effectively team build or have no access to good creative teams to get started with. In an effort to rectify that, I have joined forces with several experienced Monotype builders to host this team building lab. Here users can post Pokemon sets / cores that they would like us to build a team around and one of us can reply with their team and the team building process we used so the requester can see our thinking processes and get ideas on how to build their own teams in the future. It'd also be nice if users could reply their experiences with the teams, during ladder matches or tournaments, and provide replays of them battling with it

Rules:
    • Have about a one paragraph description with the set / core you want us to build around and a slight idea of what kind of team you want the end result to be. Also, actually have the set(s) you want us to use in your post. This makes the process of building teams faster for all of us here.
    • Do not post asking us to make use of unviable Pokemon. This is not a competition to see how good we are at team building; this is us trying to educate people on what is good and how to build effective teams. (Think C or above in the viability rankings)
    • Please note that we can choose to ignore requests for extremely generic pokemon and/or cores as well as cores that have already been built around. Be sure to check this post to avoid breaking this rule!
    • Do not flame people for asking for a certain Pokemon or that they can't build one themselves.
    • Each user is allowed one request every 7 days and any user found requesting multiple will have their post deleted and may see further punishment.
    • Any core / pokemon submitted has a 7-day reservation period. If yours is not reserved by that time, it'll be removed for the reservation list, and disregarded (this could be for any reason, i.e. bad sets, the pokemon aren't very viable, ect.)
    • Please remember that these teams are first drafts and as such will not be perfect. Edit them as you please.
    • You are free (and highly encouraged) to suggest and post changes / critiques you've made to already posted teams that you feel improve them.
    • However, you are not allowed to post your own teams here to have us modify them. We're here to build new teams, not modify older ones. If you want your own teams critiqued and modified, post them in the RMT forum, not here.
    • Please do not ask to become a builder, I handpick the list
    • Remember to specify which type (flying, water, ground, etc.) the monotype team will be, if its not blatantly obvious by the members of your team.
    • If you request a team / pokemon / core that is already listed in the OP you'll be blacklisted from requests for 2 weeks. It takes less than a minute to check. It's your job to check, not ours. Don't be lazy.
    • I do encourage creative (Not Unvaible) sets to further building in unique and new ways to progress the meta
Teambuilding Lab Team Archive

Choice Band Arcanine
Builder: Decemm
Client: Aparctias

Swords Dance Gliscor
Builder: Maroon
Client: Wincon

Swords Dance Toxicroak
Builder: Harpp
Client: GnralLao

Psychium Z Blacephalon
Builder: Smub
Client: Havens

Nasty Plot Celebi
Client: Smub

Swords Dance Cacturne
Builder: Starblim
Client: Smub

Calm Mind Tapu Fini
Client: Sir David

Calm Mind Reuniclus
Client: GoldenTorkoal

DD SD Mega Charizard X
Client: CheezusBleezus

Toxapex + Gengar
Client: Eu Gaguejei

Mega Houndoom
Client: GoldenTorkoal

Normalium Z Victini
Client: Operitic

Trapper Araquanid
Client: NuttyRabbit

Trick Room Mega Gardevoir
Client: Playerhater

Sub CM Blacephalon
Client: EricSayshi

Linoone Normal HO
Client: Poison Adhesive

Dragalge Dragon

Jellicent Water
Builder: Cam
Client: Guwahavel

Rain Flying
Builder; Decem
Client: Tapo Colino

Serpeior Grass
Client: Flygoner818

Mega Aerodactyl Rock
Client: Iggy96

Offensive Dragon
Builder: Decem
Client: IamtheWraith

Mega Tyranitar Rock

Choice Band Bewear
Client: Xannydevito101

Salazzle Poison
Builder: Cam
Client: Gorechomp

Z Celebrate Meloetta
Client: Keahi

Hex Gengar Ghost
Client: Skysolo14

Scarf Moxie Scraggy LC
Builder: Seo
Client: OrangeGuru

Z-Shadow Force Ghostceus Mono Ubers
Client: OrangeGuru

Nasty Plot Misdreavus LC
Client: SplashBrutha

Wingull + Kabuto LC
Client: Nailec

Mono Dark Ubers
Builder: Jase the world
Client: Guwahavel

Dragon LC
Builder: Moosical
Client: Seo

Attachments

Last edited:
Hello! I would like to have a fire team built around an interesting strategy I heard of toward the end of ORAS (similar to bird spam). Arcanine and Entei are two Pokemon with similar defensive checks, so each should be able to wear teams down some for the other one to clean up. Arcanine, usually a defensive Pokemon in Monotype, will certainly catch people off guard the first time I play them and should continue to do consistently well in subsequent matches against the person if it is not used as a lure set. Here are the sets I've come up with, but feel free to change both the moves and the items if there is something interesting that I am missing.

Arcanine @ Life Orb/Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Wild Charge

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Stomping Tantrum

I am entirely willing to concede defeat at team preview to dragon, but I would like to have a chance against most variants of the other 17 types if possible (I'm an ice main, the threshold at which I consider something a "chance" is laughably easy to get to). If the viability of the Pokemon I would like to have a team built around is a concern, I apologize. Either way, thank you so much for taking the time to read my request!

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Hello! I would like to have a fire team built around an interesting strategy I heard of toward the end of ORAS (similar to bird spam). Arcanine and Entei are two Pokemon with similar defensive checks, so each should be able to wear teams down some for the other one to clean up. Arcanine, usually a defensive Pokemon in Monotype, will certainly catch people off guard the first time I play them and should continue to do consistently well in subsequent matches against the person if it is not used as a lure set. Here are the sets I've come up with, but feel free to change both the moves and the items if there is something interesting that I am missing.

Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Wild Charge

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Stomping Tantrum

I am entirely willing to concede defeat at team preview to dragon, but I would like to have a chance against most variants of the other 17 types if possible (I'm an ice main, the threshold at which I consider something a "chance" is laughably easy to get to). If the viability of the Pokemon I would like to have a team built around is a concern, I apologize. Either way, thank you so much for taking the time to read my request!
Reserving

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion

Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Wild Charge

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Stomping Tantrum

I got finished with the team early so here it is:

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Solar Beam
- Fire Blast
- Tailwind / Roost
- Focus Blast

Blacephalon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Torkoal @ Leftovers / Heat Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn
- Rapid Spin
- Lava Plume

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Toxic / Taunt
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Magma Storm

Arcanine @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Wild Charge

Entei @ Choice Band
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Stomping Tantrum

Mega Charizard Y's role on this team is to act as another Sun setter while also doubling as a special wallbreaker under Sun. Tailwind can be used to support its other teammates, mostly the wallbreakers of Arcanine and Entei. Roost can be used over Tailwind if you want more longevity. I felt like Choice Band Arcanine in conjunction with Choice Band Entei provided enough physical presence for the team, so I decided to use Mega Charizard Y to help vs types like Water and Ground instead of Mega Charizard X.

The reason why I chose to use Blacephalon as speed control was because of its special coverage which lets it deal with pesky Ground and Dragon types with Hidden Power Ice while hitting Psychic-types super effectively and revenge killing Nihilego with Psyshock. Fire Blast also does a lot of damage under Sun.

Torkoal's job on this and every Fire team is to set Stealth Rock while supporting the team with Rapid Spin, Yawn, and Drought. Torkoal can also be run with Heat Rock, although Mega Charizard Y provides the team with additional Sun support so Leftovers may be the better choice for it.

Heatran's main job on this team is to act as an offensive tank that can somewhat switch into troublesome Pokemon such as Latios, Latias, and others using its Steel typing. Air Baloon is the preferred held item since it allows Heatran to beat Mega Diancie while also providing an extra Ground immunity if needed. Toxic is used to cripple Heatran's potential switchins such as Mantine or Swampert and can be used together with Magma Storm to whittle down bulky opponents. Taunt can be used over Toxic if you want Heatran to act as a stallbreaker.

Choice Band Arcanine is used as a wallbreaker under Sun. Arcanine doubles with Entei as they are both physical wallbreakers that are also able to revenge kill faster threats with ExtreemeSpeed. I chose Choice Band over Life Orb as Choice Band seemed like the better option because Arcanine is mostly hitting things with Flare Blitz under Sun most of the time. Adamant is the preferred nature because of the sheer power Arcanine offers under Sun.

Similar to Arcanine, Choice Band Entei hits very hard under Sun and can also use ExtreemeSpeed to revenge kill. Like you said, Arcanine works with Entei to whittle down their shared checks so that one of them will usually be left to clean late-game.

I hope you enjoy this team!

Last edited:
I got finished with the team early so here it is:

Timid Nature
- Solar Beam
- Fire Blast
- Tailwind / Roost
- Focus Blast

Blacephalon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Torkoal @ Leftovers / Heat Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn
- Rapid Spin
- Lava Plume

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Toxic / Taunt
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Magma Storm

Arcanine @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Wild Charge

Entei @ Choice Band
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Stomping Tantrum

Mega Charizard Y's role on this team is to act as another Sun setter while also doubling as a special wallbreaker under Sun. Tailwind can be used to support its other teammates, mostly the wallbreakers of Arcanine and Entei. Roost can be used over Tailwind if you want more longevity. I felt like Choice Band Arcanine in conjunction with Choice Band Entei provided enough physical presence for the team, so I decided to use Mega Charizard Y to help vs types like Water and Ground instead of Mega Charizard X.

The reason why I chose to use Blacephalon as speed control was because of its special coverage which lets it deal with pesky Ground and Dragon types with Hidden Power Ice while hitting Psychic-types super effectively and revenge killing Nihilego with Psyshock. Fire Blast also does a lot of damage under Sun.

Torkoal's job on this and every Fire team is to set Stealth Rock while supporting the team with Rapid Spin, Yawn, and Drought. Torkoal can also be run with Heat Rock, although Mega Charizard Y provides the team with additional Sun support so Leftovers may be the better choice for it.

Heatran's main job on this team is to act as an offensive tank that can somewhat switch into troublesome Pokemon such as Latios, Latias, and others using its Steel typing. Air Baloon is the preferred held item since it allows Heatran to beat Mega Diancie while also providing an extra Ground immunity if needed. Toxic is used to cripple Heatran's potential switchins such as Mantine or Swampert and can be used together with Magma Storm to whittle down bulky opponents. Taunt can be used over Toxic if you want Heatran to act as a stallbreaker.

Choice Band Arcanine is used as a wallbreaker under Sun. Arcanine doubles with Entei as they are both physical wallbreakers that are also able to revenge kill faster threats with ExtreemeSpeed. I chose Choice Band over Life Orb as Choice Band seemed like the better option because Arcanine is mostly hitting things with Flare Blitz under Sun most of the time. Adamant is the preferred nature because of the sheer power Arcanine offers under Sun.

Similar to Arcanine, Choice Band Entei hits very hard under Sun and can also use ExtreemeSpeed to revenge kill. Like you said, Arcanine works with Entei to whittle down their shared checks so that one of them will usually be left to clean late-game.

I hope you enjoy this team!
Thank you so much!

I’ve really grown to love the flying type, and it has done me well in tournament. One mon that I really have grown to like a lot is gliscor. Imo gliscor is very antimeta, being able to take on a lot of the top tier types such as, opposing flying, ground without mamoswine, normal (knocking off items on the eviolite core), being a nuisance vs psychic, checking Tapu Koko, and literally 6-0es steel. I would like a team built around the hardest set to build around, as I have solid teams for the dedicated stallbreaker set, as well as defog. I would like a team built around sd gliscor. The set below runs enough speed for band tar so you can roost on stone edge, as well as knock off its item. The evs in def allow gliscor to take a banded v create from victini at full 100% of the time and outspeed the next turn to do massive damage with earthquake.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 20 Def / 172 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Good Luck~

Edit: fixed the hp evs so that gliscor gets maximum recovery from toxic heal

Last edited:

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
I’ve really grown to love the flying type, and it has done me well in tournament. One mon that I really have grown to like a lot is gliscor. Imo gliscor is very antimeta, being able to take on a lot of the top tier types such as, opposing flying, ground without mamoswine, normal (knocking off items on the eviolite core, being a nuisance vs psychic, checking Tapu Koko, and literally 6-0es steel. I would like a team built around the hardest set to build around, as I have solid teams for the dedicated stallbreaker set, as well as defog. I would like a team built around sd gliscor. The set below runs enough speed for band tar so you can roost on stone edge, as well as knock off its item. The evs in def allow gliscor to take a banded v create from victini at full 100% of the time and outspeed the next turn to do massive damage with earthquake.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 172 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Good Luck~
reserving

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Requesting a Fire team based around of Z-Trick Blacephalon:

Blacephalon @ Psychium Z
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Trick

This has always been a mon that I've personally found under-utilized and unexplored, but I haven't found wasy to really use it to it's fullest potential. It hits like a damn nuke but faster scarfers/priority have always seem to get the better of it. So, I've decided to go w/ Modest Z-Trick Blacephalon; It allows me to maximize its base damage output while outspeeding faster threats like Latios, SR Excadrill, Scarf Greninja and whatnot. It also proves to be a soft check to Dragons w/ Rocks and its +2 speed up, and can proceed to sweep afterwards.

Blacephalon @ Psychium Z
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Trick

This has always been a mon that I've personally found under-utilized and unexplored, but I haven't found wasy to really use it to it's fullest potential. It hits like a damn nuke but faster scarfers/priority have always seem to get the better of it. So, I've decided to go w/ Modest Z-Trick Blacephalon; It allows me to maximize its base damage output while outspeeding faster threats like Latios, SR Excadrill, Scarf Greninja and whatnot. It also proves to be a soft check to Dragons w/ Rocks and its +2 speed up, and can proceed to sweep afterwards.
Reserving

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Wincon
Gliscor Balanced Flying

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 20 Def / 172 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- Haze

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 124 SpD / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Toxic
- Roost
- Substitute

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Fire Punch
- Extreme Speed

Description: Additionally to the Gliscor set you requested I added the very solid and very hard to break Flying-type core of SubToxic Zapdos, Mantine and Celesteela. The idea behind not making Zapdos as a Defogger along side Mantine is because the team would otherwise have no Toxic user. The team is really fat and appreciates Toxic support as it can easily Toxic stall threats with Roost, Protect, Substitute, and Leech Seed respectively. The Mantine EVs allow you to outspeed Azumarill and haze it along with other slow setup sweepers or pokemon that try to setup infront of Mantine. The EVs on Zapdos allow it to outspeed pokemon like Vincune which take advantage of the teams passive nature and can use 4/6 of the team to easily setup Calm Minds. The fifth team slot is Mega Aerodactyl was the mega of choice as Charizard makes Fire-type spam only harder to deal with and Stealth Rock would be hard to fit otherwise. Mega Aerodactyl also acts as the teams Pursuit trapper along it to trap key threats such as Victini and Latios after a drop. The last two moves are EdgeQuake for extra coverage allowing the team to take on Electric-types like Tapu Koko and Zapdos with relative ease. Finally the last slot went to Band Dragonite, the teams main wallbreaker and wincon. Play with this Pokemon very carefully as without it, matches become very difficult.

Alternative Team: In case you decide to run Mega Charizard Y, the Gliscor set should change to be able to outspeed Heatran and Celesteela should be switched out for Stealth Rock Skarmory. Pokemon like Victini become significantly harder to check however then Dragonite is not the only teams wallbreaker and you can break through Mega Venusaur with ease. Team V2 Importable

Last edited:
Requesting a Dark team around Cacturne

Cacturne @ Life Orb / Electrium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Sucker Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Swords Dance

This thing's just a really nice anti-Water for hyper offensive Dark. Life Orb is nice if you have some other Z-Move mon like Tyranitar or Bisharp, but if you don't, Electrium Z can be nice for nuking Toxapex at +2.

Requesting a Dark team around Cacturne

Cacturne @ Life Orb / Electrium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Sucker Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Swords Dance

This thing's just a really nice anti-Water for hyper offensive Dark. Life Orb is nice if you have some other Z-Move mon like Tyranitar or Bisharp, but if you don't, Electrium Z can be nice for nuking Toxapex at +2.
I'll take it

Hi, builders!

I'm requesting a Fighting team built around Toxicroak:

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Sucker Punch

Having access to Sucker Punch lets it deal nicely against weakened Psychic-types, and provides a nice switch-in to Keldeo for Fighting teams. Thanks in advance to whoever takes this request! Ü

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, builders!

I'm requesting a Fighting team built around Toxicroak:

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Sucker Punch

Having access to Sucker Punch lets it deal nicely against weakened Psychic-types, and provides a nice switch-in to Keldeo for Fighting teams. Thanks in advance to whoever takes this request! Ü
Reserving

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
GnralLao
Toxicroak Offensive Fighting

Kommo-o @ Life Orb
Ability: Bulletproof
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Clanging Scales
- Flamethrower

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Cobalion @ Steelium Z
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Icy Wind

Gallade-Mega @ Galladite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Zen Headbutt
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak

:
So Toxicroak was given Pokemon for the team, being able to provide a Water-type immunity and help vs weakened Psychic-type teams with Sucker Punch.
:
I decided to build the team around Stealth Rock Kommo-o,[also did not wanted to slap a standard fighting team] so the team can utilize offensive Cobalion set such as Dual Dance which puts in work vs Fairy-type teams if played well. As for the set, Taunt allows it to stop opposing defog setters like Mantine, Clanging Scales and Flamethrower has good coverage together and life orb is used for more power.
:
Double Dance Cobalion was included into the team to put in work vs fairy-type teams also works as a nice surprise factor. It has decent resistances which allows it to set up either Swords Dance or Rock Polish either to wall break or to clean. Steelium z as a nuke against Fairy-type teams.
:
Next I added in Mega Gallade to break Poison-type teams as it checks Mega Venusaur and Toxapex which can be trouble for the rest of the team. The moveset is standard for the most part, but I decided to run Shadow Sneak to pressure Psychic-type teams more.
:
Choice Specs keldeo was added because it is a great wallbreaker in general and another Special Attacker on the team. Its wallbreaking potential is well appreciated by other offensive teammates. Hidden Power Electric to bop Mantine and do reasonable damage to Toxapex.
:
Next, Choice Scarf Terrakion was added as it is a great revenge killer and form of speed control being able to use its high attack stat to good use with High powered STAB moves.
Let me know if you have questions regarding the team and I hope you like the team !

Back on the old thread, I requested a fighting LC team around Scarf Moxie Scraggy, but it never got finished and thought maybe it got lost in the transition to this new thread, so I'll give it another shot. I'll leave my original post below:

Hello Monotype builders! I'm requesting a fighting lc team around Scarf Moxie Scraggy. I read it's one of the biggest threats in Mono LC, so I thought "let's start with that." Fighting is one of the better types in normal LC, but I have no idea about the Monotype LC meta (although it sounds really neat and monotype has always been a favorite meta of mine in general). Basic idea is to rkill something and then start snowballing. Thanks in advance!

Scraggy @ Choice Scarf
Level: 5
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Drain Punch

set can be changed if needed; I stole this from normal LC lol

Tagging Seo. in case he wants to finally drop that team that he said was already similar to my request? lol

Seo.

Nice guys always finish last...
Back on the old thread, I requested a fighting LC team around Scarf Moxie Scraggy, but it never got finished and thought maybe it got lost in the transition to this new thread, so I'll give it another shot. I'll leave my original post below:

Hello Monotype builders! I'm requesting a fighting lc team around Scarf Moxie Scraggy. I read it's one of the biggest threats in Mono LC, so I thought "let's start with that." Fighting is one of the better types in normal LC, but I have no idea about the Monotype LC meta (although it sounds really neat and monotype has always been a favorite meta of mine in general). Basic idea is to rkill something and then start snowballing. Thanks in advance!

Scraggy @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Drain Punch

set can be changed if needed; I stole this from normal LC lol

Tagging Seo. in case he wants to finally drop that team that he said was already similar to my request? lol
Scraggy @ Eviolite
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 36 HP / 156 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt

Mienfoo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Riolu @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Atk / 116 Def / 36 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Copycat
- High Jump Kick
- Protect

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 116 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off

Stufful @ Eviolite
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 196 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Return

Croagunk @ Eviolite
EVs: 132 HP / 36 Def / 188 SpA / 36 SpD / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
- Vacuum Wave
- Focus Blast

ya sorry bout that, had to much work and school stuff but here it is (even tho i aint a builder no more). I went with DD Scraggy and Scarf Mienfoo, just because you have access to regenerator so you can keep coming in and revenge kill more often, and personally i just find scraggy better off as a set up sweeper. But ya enjoy the team and pm me on discord (Seo#1119) if you need any help/questions.

Blacephalon @ Psychium Z
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Trick

After testing this mon out i find it really hard to find opportunities to set up and didnt have much of impact in any fire builds. Gonna say dropping this set and request. Let give some advice maybe rather use flame charge+z move gives you plus speed and only out speed by +1 110’s and z move lets you break

Last edited:
Scraggy @ Eviolite
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 36 HP / 156 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt

Mienfoo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Riolu @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Atk / 116 Def / 36 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Copycat
- High Jump Kick
- Protect

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 116 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off

Stufful @ Eviolite
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 196 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Return

Croagunk @ Eviolite
EVs: 132 HP / 36 Def / 188 SpA / 36 SpD / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
- Vacuum Wave
- Focus Blast

ya sorry bout that, had to much work and school stuff but here it is (even tho i aint a builder no more). I went with DD Scraggy and Scarf Mienfoo, just because you have access to regenerator so you can keep coming in and revenge kill more often, and personally i just find scraggy better off as a set up sweeper. But ya enjoy the team and pm me on discord (Seo#1119) if you need any help/questions.
Thanks man, I look forward to learning the meta a bit!

Blacephalon @ Psychium Z
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Trick

Jase said it was ok, so I'll reserve this

Cloud9 NxtLvl

Blacephalon @ Psychium Z
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Rotom-Heat @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Light Screen
- Reflect

Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

This actually wasn't the first idea for this team. The original team had Blacephalon paired with Mega Charizard X. But then I scrapped that team because of how incredibly similar it looked to the sample team, so I decided to try some more different ideas with this team. I made Blacephalon Timid over Modest because of the important outspeeds it got when unboosted, such as Garchomp and Landorus. Rotom-H is always an important partner for Blacephalon because screens+Volt Switch to pivot it in, and Choice Scarf Infernape serves as the team's revenge killer and fast pivot. Instead of Mega Charizard X+Torkoal, I decided to go with Mega Charizard Y+Alolan Marowak and to have Heatran run a bulky Stealth Rock set. Hidden Power Electric is mainly for 2HKOing Mantine, which is a pretty huge problem for the team without Mega Charizard X to punch through it. Alolan Marowak is really nice for its Electric immunity and wallbreaking with Swords Dance, and the given spread lets it outspeed Mega Venusaur and Mantine. Overall, I decided to try something different for this team, and Mega Charizard X+Torkoal seemed a bit too basic. I hope you enjoy using the team.

Here's a replay against Dark: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-723473755

Hi. I'm requsting a team around Offensive Z Move Tapu Fini:
Tapu Fini @ Fairium Z
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I think her team mates should be Diacie and Ribonbee:

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Ribombee (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
Hasty Nature
- Sticky Web
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stun Spore

Let me know if it's possible, please.

Requesting a Psychic team around Nasty Plot Celebi

Celebi @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Psychic / Recover

This Pokemon has seen a lot of traction on Psychic as a bulky setup sweeper to aid in matchups like Steel, Water, and Electric. The last moveslot is honestly really flexible, so that can be decided by the builder.

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Cloud9 NxtLvl

Blacephalon @ Psychium Z
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Rotom-Heat @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Light Screen
- Reflect

Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

This actually wasn't the first idea for this team. The original team had Blacephalon paired with Mega Charizard X. But then I scrapped that team because of how incredibly similar it looked to the sample team, so I decided to try some more different ideas with this team. I made Blacephalon Timid over Modest because of the important outspeeds it got when unboosted, such as Garchomp and Landorus. Rotom-H is always an important partner for Blacephalon because screens+Volt Switch to pivot it in, and Choice Scarf Infernape serves as the team's revenge killer and fast pivot. Instead of Mega Charizard X+Torkoal, I decided to go with Mega Charizard Y+Alolan Marowak and to have Heatran run a bulky Stealth Rock set. Hidden Power Electric is mainly for 2HKOing Mantine, which is a pretty huge problem for the team without Mega Charizard X to punch through it. Alolan Marowak is really nice for its Electric immunity and wallbreaking with Swords Dance, and the given spread lets it outspeed Mega Venusaur and Mantine. Overall, I decided to try something different for this team, and Mega Charizard X+Torkoal seemed a bit too basic. I hope you enjoy using the team.

Here's a replay against Dark: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-723473755
Like the team; I even made a variation of it w/ Scarf Volcanion so I don't autolose to Fairy. However, I'd like to note that the team somehow loses to Prankster Meowstic and Drain Punch Gallade, so perhaps some change is in order...?
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7monotype-723944997

edit: lol

maroon

free palestine
RMT & Mono Leader
Requesting a Psychic team around Nasty Plot Celebi

Celebi @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Psychic / Recover

This Pokemon has seen a lot of traction on Psychic as a bulky setup sweeper to aid in matchups like Steel, Water, and Electric. The last moveslot is honestly really flexible, so that can be decided by the builder.
reserving

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)