Team Monotype World Cup II - Finals (Won by US West)

maki

uri duri naranhi
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
SHOUTOUTS

With MWCOP finally reaching its end (yes I know this is just a TEENSY bit late), I'd like to take time off for writing shoutouts with this tour being both the first I've managed, albeit that there was not nearly as much effort as I should've put into it, as well as the first I've won.

Starting things off, oh boy had this tour been a fun ride. Even before it first started, the team atmosphere had been simply amazing with great, wholesome individuals; it was a joy to see how tight knit the West community in Monotype has grown and a refreshing experience to newer members I've had little contact with. Though the team was filled with mostly easygoing individuals and that most of us were just here to have fun, I had no doubt that with great team chemistry, our team would make playoffs and continue to do well from there even against the dominant European team. With all this rambling now done, it's time to get into individual shoutouts.

TO MY FELLOW CAPTAIN

maroon - where to begin, back in February when I had first shown interest in managing, while everyone else joked about me leading a team, only you would end up agreeing to manage West with me under certain conditions and wow was I happy with the decision. Over the entire course of the tour, you've put so much effort in managing decisions and keeping the team updated in matchups, scheduling, etc. Though questionable tomfoolery certainly happened, you've been more or less a trustworthy individual whom I'm glad to have managed by your side (with a notably good record) as well as ending up claiming my first ring.

PLAYERS

Decem - my fellow nooblet, do I have a lot to say for you. Starting things off, how dare your bumass scoff at my heat with your embarrassing record and act with such an attitude, simply unbelievable. Most of all, to lose complete faith in your esteemed captain? My perception of you as a teammate has truly reached rock bottom. In all seriousness though, you've been such a big help whenever I need tests or to decide a team and that I'd love to team up with you again (though we already are right now in WCOP).

Shiba - the wielder of 5 rings himself.. though we didn't end up talking as much as I had hoped, you've been a dependable and mature teammate we can count on to win games; there were some tough matchups you had I wish we as a team could've avoided but your performance was still fantastic. I'm happy to have teamed up with you against since MPL and hope to see you continue staying in the scene, stay fresh.

lax - again someone I didn't end up talking much with in the tour. Though our time together was short, you're a spectacular player that I look up towards even if you plan to sit out in the bigger tour scene. Your week 1 game was brutal in more ways than another and something myself would've gotten extremely tilted off of, but I'm glad you ended up muscling past it and pulling through the following week. No hard feelings about the sudden absence, though it's great to see you back around, especially now as fellow teammates in WCOP; I love seeing your enthusiasm and ability to keep others going, keep well.

taide - our undefeated superstar.. (besides me of course) really sorry about the unfortunate circumstances that happened before the tour, there should have been no doubt that you were completely deserving of a spot on the roster. A fantastic teammate that knew the metagame front and back you were; your consistent prepwork backed by great playing was always a joy to see and I hope to continue seeing you do well in tours.

Attribute AKA HungryHippoHD AKA The Finesser - well look who we have here, the hippo himself.. the merciless soul with no sort of pity to any member of the team (stop sending jumpscare gifs you IDIOT I'll cancel you). In times needed the most for input on a team, only a heartless reply would be received. All jokes aside, you've been essential to the teams success, helping out in every channel and showing full support with our team during finals, not to mention securing the finals tiebreak win. Keep going champ, I hope to see your success in larger tour scenes.

Ticken - the threat innovator himself.. another one I can't really recall having too many conversations with, but I'm glad to have you on the boat. Each build of yours seemed to have so much passion put in them which your record simply cannot show. Sorry I couldn't be much help, but it's amazing to see how much time and dedication you put in this tier, hope to keep seeing you around and stay rocking.

ez - WOAH look who we have here.. oml it's too ez in the flesh, the very FIRST OU majors winner himself. Even though I can't remember you talking a single time in any tiers channel, your positivity and goofiness inside the team was just what was needed. You really were the shadow manager in all honesty, and I'm glad to have earned the ring alongside you. Stay fire asian brother and hope to see you do well in WCOP.

kythr - LC Circuit Winner. Thanks for sticking around even when your motivation towards Monotype was at its lowest. You're an amazing player and had been a huge help subbing whenever it was needed. Also, god I'm such a huge fan for you bringing the legendary rock team. Stay beasting in lower tiers.

Pajamazz - the 2-0 legend, really happy for you about how your team tour experience went. It's awesome seeing you be so enthusiastic with the team and being readily available for testing. Wish to continue seeing you around and maybe next MPL, keep going strong.

TJ - like the above, wonderful seeing you have a great Monotype tour, knew you were destined for greatness after owning me last MWP (lol). It's great talking to you even with your terribles takes (re: swimmer, milk, etc). I'm sure you'll continue to do well in future tours and can't wait to see your WCOP experience.

K3ppr - was a weirdish experience not picking you up originally, but I'm extremely satisfied in later doing so. You were the Monothreat support Ticken needed and did not disappoint one bit doing so. It's unfortunate for the tour not to have went so well, but I'm sure it'll get better if you keep pumping in the enthusiasm and effort from this one, stay at it.

HELPERS

Brisked, Floss, Maple, Maskun, and Mateeus - thanks for being useless (lmfao). Just kidding of course, thanks for being a huge contribution to us taking home the tour, the extra help during playoffs really helped. Who knows what would've happened, except maybe it's still fine without DugZa.

OTHER MENTIONS

To cheerleaders Cell, ErPeris, Prosaic, @케빈 and whoever else I might've missed, thanks a bunch for sticking around till the end of all this, it was nice having you guys cheer us on, stay well.

Many special thanks to Lyss, umbry, and Z Strats for being great moral support and helping me stay going whenever my motivation would flicker. You all are amazing friends and I hope we stay close. Love y'all and keeping being epic.

L2P

emma you are a whole snake and a half that of which CANNOT stop EXPOSING me, I guess you're ok though.

(sorry if I ended up missing anyone, it's 5 am now and I'm absolutely dead)​

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)