Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Oh iso the ID/SID has nothing to do with the starter? Sorry if that didnt make sense I dont really understand what abusing the ID/SID does. It only makes one iv spread shiny? I thought you abused it to make it easier to find shiny spreads.

Ok I've determined that I have not released the birds yet, and by average frame I meant like, when you're breeding in Solaceon town the NPCs all increase the frame, but since there's no NPCs where you release Cresselia would that mean it would only matter about the monster frame and the number of roamers?

Most abuse it for either a combination of a couple useful shiny spreads with low delay/frame(a few pentflawless natures like timid/modest/calm/etc) or I've seen some be abused for just a hexflawless timid/modest spread.

Most of the time its abused for lower frames/delay and so certain Roamers/Stationary Pokes are shiny with pentflawless(with the last stat being the one they don't care about.

I hope I'm explaining this in an easy enough manner lol.

Ok I've determined that I have not released the birds yet, and by average frame I meant like, when you're breeding in Solaceon town the NPCs all increase the frame, but since there's no NPCs where you release Cresselia would that mean it would only matter about the monster frame and the number of roamers?

Yes with no NPC movement you don't have to worry about average frame. Also is your Mesprit still roaming, if so don't forget to account for it.

Yep I was just about to go KO him to make the frame even so I can only need to use the journal.

PS~ Do coin flips from the coin flip app advance the frame? Because that's how I'm determining if I landed on my delay and target time or not. And if they do how many frames do they advance?

Most abuse it for either a combination of a couple useful shiny spreads with low delay/frame(a few pentflawless natures like timid/modest/calm/etc) or I've seen some be abused for just a hexflawless timid/modest spread.

Most of the time its abused for lower frames/delay and so certain Roamers/Stationary Pokes are shiny with pentflawless(with the last stat being the one they don't care about.

I hope I'm explaining this in an easy enough manner lol.
so it can be setup for more than one nature? i might do this for my ss

Are those 6 flawless seeds from the DPPt spreadsheets the only flawless seeds for Gen 4 games? I found a docile, 3 modest and 2 timid seeds total. Are those it? Would be nice to find a Jolly, Calm or Adamant flawless seed. I have seen some flawless Calm 4th Gen pokes floating around these boards. Think it was a Calm Articuno. Also recall seeing a Calm flawless Lugia in Buckert's thread.

On a related note, can those spreadsheet seeds (under the DPPt stuff) be used for HG/SS? Or do I need to find new seeds for those games?
So are those 6 flawless seeds the only ones?

so it can be setup for more than one nature? i might do this for my ss

Yes most have at least two that have Pentflawless IV's(thought sometimes that second is a dud). I don't know if there is a list of good combinations somewhere, but I just tested a few and with this combo of ID's this is what I get:

Jolly: 31/31/31/1/31/31
Bashful:31/31/31/1/31/31(Like I said a Dud)
Calm: 30/1/30/26/30/31
Impish: 31/24/30/31/29/30
Lax:31/23/31/18/30/31

The ones after the first two are in no way perfect but all produce Shiny, with just one combo of ID/SID. So I'm sure there is a list of good ID/SID combos somewhere to help you choose.

So are those 6 flawless seeds the only ones?
4 natures with a possible flawless spread:
Modest
Docile
Calm
Timid

There are like 2 or 3 modest spreads total and 1 of each of the others. So 7.

4 natures with a possible flawless spread:
Modest
Docile
Calm
Timid

There are like 2 or 3 modest spreads total and 1 of each of the others. So 7.
Thank you for the reply, Zoap. Any idea what the exact seed is for that Calm one? I must have missed it when I was looking through that Spreadsheet. I spotted all the other ones. Funny how there is a Docile one.

8A01082E

You should download the PokeRNG in the first post(it searches for spreads in less than a minute), thats how I found the spreads.

8A01082E

You should download the PokeRNG in the first post(it searches for spreads in less than a minute), thats how I found the spreads.
I do have that program on this computer. It amazes me how fast that can run compared to RNG Reporter.

Thank you again, Zoap. I appreciate your patience with this 4th Gen RNG rookie. Kind of crazy how 4th Gen is limited when it comes to flawless spreads. I never realized that until now.

I'm on my delay right now for my Cresselia (all 10 coin flip tosses matched) and I just want to be sure that each coin flip advances the frame by one in Platinum, right?

Oh, somebody told me that on a different site, good thing that I didn't interact with Cresselia yet. And thanks I'm finally going to get it now :)

Also if I mess up catching Cresselia the first time it's IVs and shinieness are stuck like that even after I save and reset the game, right? Just in case I mess up catching it..

Oh, somebody told me that on a different site, good thing that I didn't interact with Cresselia yet. And thanks I'm finally going to get it now :)

Also if I mess up catching Cresselia the first time it's IVs and shinieness are stuck like that even after I save and reset the game, right? Just in case I mess up catching it..
your best bet is to not save at all. as soon as it starts roaming just chase it down and make sure you got the right ivs

you should save before you intereact(which you did cuz you've been resetting this whole time to hit your delay). If it isn't shiny when you encounter it then you know something was off, catch it see what frame you landed on, and then go back to hitting your delay.

If it is shiny then you most likely hit your frame, but if you mess up catching it, I wouldn't save it till you can 100% confirm that the nature and IV's are right.

Ok thanks, I messed up on the page flips be clicking B at the end instead of start and went one over. I guess I'll transfer over a masterball now just to be sure for next time. Now I'm off to SR until i get it, lol

wonder card rng abuse

please help i know now how to rng using method k. now.
I just want now to rng my mew in soul silver help me please thx

Hi, I've recently been trying to catch a female Duskull in Emerald to use for a breeding project and I've run into some difficulty. I'm aiming to hit frame 2835 (Method 2) and I'm using a Synchronizer with the correct nature.

I have a 33 frame window to hit for my Synchronizer to be effective and so far, I've been able to hit it successfully dozens of times with Shuppets, getting the desired frame.

However, when a Duskull appears, it seems to always be frame 2823, which is Lax instead of my desired Impish, as well as male. I've landed on this exact frame about 10 times without my Synchronizer advancing it to 2835.

How could I have hit this exact frame so often given the fact that the RNG advances at a rate of 60 fps, and how could Synchronize have failed 10 times to work? Am I just extremely unlucky or is there some other issue?

When flipping the journal in Platinum to advance the frame, does opening it and landing on a page with a captured/defeated Pokemon count as journal flip? Or do you actually have to flip the journal page? Thanks in advance!

When flipping the journal in Platinum to advance the frame, does opening it and landing on a page with a captured/defeated Pokemon count as journal flip? Or do you actually have to flip the journal page? Thanks in advance!
If you open it the Journal, or it is auto opened at the beginning of the game. If it has that captured/defeated on it. It will advance by 2.

If I want to abuse an egg so that it hatches shiny in another game,will I have to use the other games ID and SID? Or just the SID? On that note, how do I verify if I'm hitting the correct seed/delay in my game if I'm using different IDs? Also, I'm abusing the egg in platinum, which means I use the coin flip trick to verify my seed

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
So I want to find myself some seeds for shiny eggs with the RNG Reporter 9.81. But when I do Seed Finder, with min delay of 480 and max delay of 1400, I'm getting seed with delays over 3000. How do I fix this?

So I want to find myself some seeds for shiny eggs with the RNG Reporter 9.81. But when I do Seed Finder, with min delay of 480 and max delay of 1400, I'm getting seed with delays over 3000. How do I fix this?
A bunch of us have all tried seeing if it will work, 4th gen eggs seems to have been screwed. Just use an earlier version is your only bet at this point until OD fixes it. If he does.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
A bunch of us have all tried seeing if it will work, 4th gen eggs seems to have been screwed. Just use an earlier version is your only bet at this point until OD fixes it. If he does.
I doubt it, so thank god I still have 8,31 on my laptop. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)