Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Ok, I've just decided to try the emloop timer for the first time.

First of all, thanks Sephirona, it worked like a charm. I would love to be able to run that applet on my cellphone. Then, I would not need to have my notebook by my side when trying to RNG Abuse. Any way to do that?
No problem, glad it helped :>

Unfortunately, I'm not sure there's a way to run Emloop without the site. I've actually only recently started using it after I learned about its existence from OmegaDonut's post. I could try translating some of the Japanese later (though my kanji repertoire is really lacking...) but for now, I have no idea :x Heh;

My trick for the NPCs is just to save when the Buneary just ran into the house. After the save box goes away, I look and see if the three little NPCs (pachirisu, and the two cowgirls) move. If they don't, chances are I can grab the egg before the frame changes :0

I would try to work on getting consistent seconds. It seems like your later runs were 15 seconds with a higher delay. You really want to "practice" until you get hit the same seconds every single time.

You can disregard what Viletung said, it really has nothing to do with calibration.
Actually, these weren't in chronological order... I put them in my notes in numerical order based on the delay just to make it easier to calculate some measures of central tendency (mean, median, mode, etc.) for myself. I suppose I'll do some more calibrating and see if I can get more consistent results.

Also, mingot, perhaps you could shed some light on this for me. According to Viletung's site, there are 3 fully flawless spreads:
  • seed 52140289, Modest
  • seed d2140289, Timid
  • seed 3f0b02aa, Modest
However, when I use those seeds to find their respective delays for a given year in RNG Reporter and then use the Time Finder (searching within the appropriate year/delay combination and within 1000 frames), the program only lists the first of those 3 seeds. No matter what I do, I can't get the latter two to appear. Are they at higher frames than 1000, or what's the deal?

On another topic, do you all feel that it's worth it trying to catch a fully-flawless Ditto like Syberia has? I know that not only do I have to hit the correct delay and advance the frames accordingly, but I also have to have my Sweet Scent hit the Ditto (5% chance), then change the clocks and try all over again upon failure. I'm thinking maybe I should just go for one of the quadruple-flawless spreads in Emerald and migrate it. Thoughts?

Or you could just trade for Syberia's. And since it'll be from a different game, then it will make it so on most breeds (unless using another of Syberia's as a parent) alot faster when getting the egg. If you want to, go ahead, but I'd just go for one of the Syberia's. Alot faster and easier.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Also, mingot, perhaps you could shed some light on this for me. According to Viletung's site, there are 3 fully flawless spreads:
  • seed 52140289, Modest
  • seed d2140289, Timid
  • seed 3f0b02aa, Modest
However, when I use those seeds to find their respective delays for a given year in RNG Reporter and then use the Time Finder (searching within the appropriate year/delay combination and within 1000 frames), the program only lists the first of those 3 seeds. No matter what I do, I can't get the latter two to appear. Are they at higher frames than 1000, or what's the deal?
Why are you using the time finder? Just copy/paste the seed from Vliegtuig's site and use the "Seed to Time" function on the newest RNG Reporter.

If you're trying to find the offset of the spread for method J, just copy/paste the seed into the "Seed (Hex)" box, enter 31/31/31/31/31/31 as the IVs, set your synch if you have on (you should), and click generate. It'll tell you all the offsets that generate the spread.

EE also found a flawless Calm spread.

My Ditto is from a Japanese game, the rest of my pokes are from an English game. As long as you're not breeding the Ditto with another Japanese pokemon, it doesn't matter who the OT is.

Why are you using the time finder? Just copy/paste the seed from Vliegtuig's site and use the "Seed to Time" function on the newest RNG Reporter.

If you're trying to find the offset of the spread for method J, just copy/paste the seed into the "Seed (Hex)" box, enter 31/31/31/31/31/31 as the IVs, set your synch if you have on (you should), and click generate. It'll tell you all the offsets that generate the spread.

EE also found a flawless Calm spread.

My Ditto is from a Japanese game, the rest of my pokes are from an English game. As long as you're not breeding the Ditto with another Japanese pokemon, it doesn't matter who the OT is.
I did use the Seed to Time function and got the information I needed... I suppose I just wanted to use the Time Finder to double-check, but that shouldn't be necessary.

How much of a hassle was it for you to get your fully-flawless Ditto?

Syberia

[custom user title]
Not much at all, since LF went through the process first and told me I needed frame 93.

You use the seed for the method 1 114-offset Modest flawless spread, but the offset you need to hit is 93. You need to save in front of the Trophy Garden guy and SR until he tells you he saw Dittos there, then go out into the garden and save. When you've confirmed you hit your seed, you need to walk one step in the grass, flip the journal 45 times, and then use Sweet Scent with a Modest Synchronizer at the front of your party. You should then hit the Ditto.

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Not much at all, since LF went through the process first and told me I needed frame 93.

You use the seed for the method 1 114-offset Modest flawless spread, but the offset you need to hit is 93. You need to save in front of the Trophy Garden guy and SR until he tells you he saw Dittos there, then go out into the garden and save. When you've confirmed you hit your seed, you need to walk one step in the grass, flip the journal 45 times, and then use Sweet Scent with a Modest Synchronizer at the front of your party. You should then hit the Ditto.
Strange. I only got the Ditto to show up when I removed the Synchronizer...

Syberia

[custom user title]
Then maybe it was without a Synch, I really don't remember. Either way I know that frame number of 93 is correct.

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
Then maybe it was without a Synch, I really don't remember. Either way I know that frame number of 93 is correct.
Frame 93 without the synchronizer is what I ended up having to do.

Anyone RNG up a Timid 31/x/31/x/31/31 Ditto yet? With Ditto as the only special Garden Pokemon (because in the game in question, I've only talked to Backlot once), I've had no luck with D2140289 (Timid 31/31/31/31/31/31), and things aren't looking so good for 5E0702B4 (Timid 31/7/31/31/31/31)

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I did use the Seed to Time function and got the information I needed... I suppose I just wanted to use the Time Finder to double-check, but that shouldn't be necessary.
There were all generated with the Time Finder to start with, method 1. As it says in the OP, always verify you can get them on method j, though. Just generate with the seed and verify it is on the list.

Syberia

[custom user title]
Frame 93 without the synchronizer is what I ended up having to do.

Anyone RNG up a Timid 31/x/31/x/31/31 Ditto yet? With Ditto as the only special Garden Pokemon (because in the game in question, I've only talked to Backlot once), I've had no luck with D2140289 (Timid 31/31/31/31/31/31), and things aren't looking so good for 5E0702B4 (Timid 31/7/31/31/31/31)
Why bother with the nature, you can just RNG abuse for that too. Timid 31/31/31/31/31/31 does not exist as a Ditto, btw. LightningFusion also verified this.

Syberia, I found your method of using emloop to be a lot more difficult than the method teached by Sephirona. Don't know what you couldn't understand, but with your method, you have to wait 60 seconds after setting the time, and then soft-reset, losing 60 seconds on the mean time.

Using Rona's method, you could just search for some spread from 43 to 59 seconds (thats what I find easier for me to reach as I use a R4, and it take some time to enter the game after setting the time), and you would waste only about 25 seconds from setting your clock to softreseting and trying to reach your target spread. Also, you don't need to calibrate like in your method.

Anyway, it's nice to have other options.

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
Why bother with the nature, you can just RNG abuse for that too. Timid 31/31/31/31/31/31 does not exist as a Ditto, btw. LightningFusion also verified this.
I was insane enough to look for a Ditto for use in battle (for whenever never-ever-ever-used comes into style).

Good to know I'm not the only one who couldn't get Timid hex-flawless on a Ditto.

Syberia

[custom user title]
Well since Ditto copies the opponent's stats when it transforms, any +speed nature is as good as any other.

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
Well since Ditto copies the opponent's stats when it transforms, any +speed nature is as good as any other.
Yeah, I think it'll just be easier to Emerald up a Jolly 31/10/24/9/13/31 Ditto.

But I'm stubborn as all hell and probably won't give up unless I can't get the current IV spread I'm trying (Timid 31/7/31/31/31/31) on a Ditto (12 possible frames to go).

Right, I have Ditto in the garden currently. How exactly did you verify that you had hit your seed? I know you can do this by coin flips, but I can't seem to find the list of coin flips for a given seed in RNG Reporter. Also, didn't it take you a long time, since there is a 95% that whatever you Scent up will NOT be a Ditto?

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
Right, I have Ditto in the garden currently. How exactly did you verify that you had hit your seed? I know you can do this by coin flips, but I can't seem to find the list of coin flips for a given seed in RNG Reporter. Also, didn't it take you a long time, since there is a 95% that whatever you Scent up will NOT be a Ditto?
Use the DPPt Egg PID section of RNG Reporter to find the coin flips.

The species of monster you encounter depends on the frame you land on. For the seed 52140289, frame 93 (don't use a Synchronizer!) will be a Modest 31/31/31/31/31/31 Ditto.

For the coin flip app, you go down the Egg PID list for breeding, and that will be the order of the flips.

When I got my ditto, I first went for the timid spread with a syncher because it had like 20 something frames that could be flawless that I could try. After going through all of those with no avail, I tried the modest one. I was lucky and ditto was for that frame.

Question to be tested: Will 93 of any seed still be a ditto, or tropy garden pokemon.

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
My Ditto search is over! At frame 200 of seed 5E0702B4 (bring a synchronizer), you can get a Trophy Garden Pokemon with a Timid nature and 31/7/31/31/31/31 IVs.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
There were some posts about delay affecting the frame of fished Pokemon, so I have started to do some research. To eliminate as many variables as possible this was done with no runners out and all "not even a nibble" messages were soft reset upon. That will be tested later.

So far the results are indicating that there is NO CORRELATION between delay and initial frame.

If anyone wants to pick a different permutation of these tests let me know. Otherwise, I'll just plod on. A reliable tester indicated he got a different starting frame fishing in a cave, so that's a suspect. D/P probably also have to be "just in case" tested, but a smaller number. Good and Super rods need a go. Not a nibble and wanderers, too. Whew.

Fishing
Old Rod
Platinum
Lake Valor
Standing on Land
No Synchronizer
No Wandering Pokemon

1 ------
Delay 610
Frame 4

2 ------
Delay 630
Frame 4

3 ------
Delay 634
Frame 4

4 ------
Delay 610
Frame 4

5 ------
Delay 616
Frame 4

Flip to ODD delays.

6 ------
Delay 637
Frame 4

7 ------
Delay 617
Frame 4

8 ------
Delay 619
Frame 4

9 ------
Delay 1147
Frame 4

10 ------
Delay 645
Frame 4

Okay, I tried RNG abusing for shiny-ness yesterday and it failed. I have a couple of guesses why.

I used LF's Ditto and TheMole's Mitchell (Manetric).

My main thing was the Happiness tapping. I initially chose a Timid Nature but it had 4,000+ taps for me to do. When looking at mingot's OP, his had 700+ and I figured that was "attemptable", so I tried for a Modest Nature with 826.

But that's still a lot. and i think I might've messed up.

I'm going to try again today with Syberia's Ditto and the same Manetric.

So on to the questions.

First, does using international parents(such as Syberia's) decrease the amount of taps neccasary on the Happiness Checker?

Second, , with Torsojuking , how many Pokes should you have on your team when you catch a Pokemon to find your seed then when you advance the RNG with the two Poketch's?

I like the idea of less taps..

Okay, I tried RNG abusing for shiny-ness yesterday and it failed. I have a couple of guesses why.

I used LF's Ditto and TheMole's Mitchell (Manetric).

My main thing was the Happiness tapping. I initially chose a Timid Nature but it had 4,000+ taps for me to do. When looking at mingot's OP, his had 700+ and I figured that was "attemptable", so I tried for a Modest Nature with 826.

But that's still a lot. and i think I might've messed up.

I'm going to try again today with Syberia's Ditto and the same Manetric.

So on to the questions.

First, does using international parents(such as Syberia's) decrease the amount of taps neccasary on the Happiness Checker?

Second, , with Torsojuking , how many Pokes should you have on your team when you catch a Pokemon to find your seed then when you advance the RNG with the two Poketch's?

I like the idea of less taps..
If you're using RNG reporter, having international parents allows more shiny frames to come up, therefore there will be lower taps with lower frames.

Always have 6 pokemon on in your party when you're advancing the seed (doing the taps and coin flips). The other parents you could possibly use should be in the computer, and just switch them out for two party pokemon based on the nature you're going for.

Alright, sorry if I sound like a complete idiot, but I'm still a lot confused:
How do I get to frame 3? Do I walk forward a step, then do a journal flip?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)