Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Well to back LF's statement up, I found that I was on the same frame regardless of the movements of the cowgirls etc. as long as I was collecting the egg immediately.

Oh wow, really? I thought that's what Sephirona told me... (I remember)

It is sorta both now that I think about it. You may take the egg before it seems they have moved, but they may be beginning their movement and it already advanced it. I know at pokemarts that they dont advance until they move so it is sorta both.

No, I mean if your journal was popping up when you did the frame calibration and it had a caught/defeated a pokemon message, you'll need to have it pop up because it advanced the frame by 2 that time. Otherwise if you did nothing with the journal, just don't do anything other than spam A to collect the egg.

Let me see if I understand right, I want to capture Zapdos using a RNG, all I have to do is follow the OP, with the difference that instead of using the method J should I use the method 1?​

Please somebody, I'm trying to hit a frame of 75, I have 3 pokemon in my party if it matters, I'm trying to capture a bidoof/starly, using sweet scent.
I have hit the seed so if I don't fuck it up again I'll have a flawless pokemon.

EDIT:Ditto helped me but I fucked it up again, I think I'm doing somethin else wrong, does a repel advance the RNG since I used one every time.

Taking a step or changing direction advances the RNG by one even if you have a repel active, but using a repel doesn't make a difference on its own.

Sweet Scent in grass starts at frame 2 so, once you have confirmed the seed (without moving):

Change direction once without taking a step or take a step without changing direction. That puts you on frame 3.

Cause a journal page with a capture notice to appear 36 times (having the notice on the page you open the journal to counts as well, as does any journal action before the game starts). Now you will be at your target, so just use Sweet Scent and catch it.

Do you have to have 2 pages with "caught/defeated" on them in a row or can you just use one like I have been doing? I just hit the seed again and failed again =(. Ditto told me to take a step, do 36 flips then use sweet scent which is what I did.

No, you can do it with one, but that page must appear 36 times. If you have two, you can halve the number of flips by flipping back and forth between two capture pages.

Do you have to have 2 pages with "caught/defeated" on them in a row or can you just use one like I have been doing? I just hit the seed again and failed again =(. Ditto told me to take a step, do 36 flips then use sweet scent which is what I did.

Have you been checking to see what frame you have been hitting? NPCs may be screwing up the frame.

Shit. There's an NPC, why didn't I realise that, fucking stupid Rysta.

I done it xDDDDDD!!!! Thanks to Ditto, I captured a flawless bidoof in a luxury ball.

You can't do that. When breeding you must advance the frame before collecting the egg by having the journal open before the game starts. Then collect the egg as soon as you enter the game world, verify your seed and reset if you missed it. Since you are aiming for an odd frame, you will need to start on an odd frame, so resave until you get one. If you can't seem to get an odd frame, go and catch one of your runners.

Yes, and also, if you KO the birds, you can get them reseeded with new IVs. It may not help your frame though as you will have to resave anyway and you may get a different frame. Just keep trying until you get an odd one.

I don't think it's possible to account for all the NPCs in Solaceon Town anyway. I would suggest you just keep saving randomly until you get an odd frame. It shouldn't take too many tries.

Speaking of the legendary bird trio, we did confirm that thier starting frames depending on which ones have been caught previously.

It really should be added to the OP.

Its along the lines of:
Slot 1 = Frame 1
Slot 2 = Frame 6
Slot 3 = Frame 11

The birds start in these slots:
Slot 1 = Moltres
Slot 2 = Zapdos
Slot 3 = Articuno

If you catch one of the birds however...
Caught: Moltres.
New slots:
Slot 1 = Zapdos
Slot 2 = Articuno
Slot 3 =

Caught: Zapdos.
New slots:
Slot 1 = Moltres
Slot 2 = Articuno
Slot 3 =

Caught: Articuno
New slots:
Slot 1 = Moltres
Slot 2 = Zapdos
Slot 3 =

Caught: Moltres, Zapdos.
New slots:
Slot 1 = Articuno
Slot 2 =
Slot 3 =

Caught: Moltres, Articuno
New slots:
Slot 1 = Zapdos
Slot 2 =
Slot 3 =

Caught: Zapdos, Articuno
New slots:
Slot 1 = Moltres
Slot 2 =
Slot 3 =

I believe thats every combination, so for anyone who has tried to get all the birds with RNG, if you can't seem to get your frame, this might be why.

Back