Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Should'nt that be the point of this thread, to make RNG abuse accessible to everyone regardless of skill level or commitment? And cheating, compared to what, knowing nothing about which frame you are on? It's like being blindfolded. There is a difference bewteen the two, Pokesav edits the code, emulation/RNG abuse merely examines it in a readable manner. And should'nt RNG'ing be able to be done quickly and efficently? If playing for inordinate amounts of time to achieve something so meaningless such as a desired pokemon, which by the way most users on here will probably have RNG'ed anyway, then why do it in the first place?
To follow up what Tytus is saying here, if desirable Pokémon are so "meaningless", why go through the trouble of playing the game at all. It should be obvious by now that most of the people around here take pride in the hard work that they put into their monsters, so belittling their efforts is sort of a dick move, my friend.

EDIT: because the game, on actual cartridges, requires time to do so.

I think you will find that the purpose of this thread is to help people do it on a cartridge. I believe speaking of roms and emulation is actually forbidden.

I've been abusing a real Japanese game cart since the day it was released, without an AR, and I can abuse a wild pokemon or legend in about an hour so don't say its too hard or takes to long, just learn how to do it properly. Or are you just bitter and jealous that even us Aussies get the release before you so your stuck with nothing but a rom for now =P
Where does it state that this thread is solely for cartridge abuse? I've seen other posters talk about RNG'ing Emerald Pokemon on VirtualBoyAdvance. Why is it that its alright for one group of people to say it while for someone else to say this is becomes wrong. Not to mention I never said it was impossible to do it fast, just that mistakes can easily occur eating up time. When you prove that steps/turning and radio detuning ARE consistent, then I'll believe you can do it quickly on a cartridge. And claiming I'm bitter and jealous over a game? Proof of the adage "When you cannot defeat the message attack the messenger." Not to mention if you actually read my posts I actually said I had the game as well.

To follow up what Tytus is saying here, if desirable Pokémon are so "meaningless", why go through the trouble of playing the game at all. It should be obvious by now that most of the people around here take pride in the hard work that they put into their monsters, so belittling their efforts is sort of a dick move, my friend.

EDIT: because the game, on actual cartridges, requires time to do so.
So, why take pride in wasting time when it can be done quickly? What does that achieve?

If you want to do it quickly, you can always go ahead an pokesav, that's exactly my point, and that's why I will never use emulator to help me RNG abuse.

Anyway, the Smogon Rules make it clear, so let's drop all this blabbering about Roms, and emulators, and what-not, since piracy talk is forbidden anyway.

If you want to do it quickly, you can always go ahead an pokesav, that's exactly my point, and that's why I will never use emulator to help me RNG abuse.

Anyway, the Smogon Rules make it clear, so let's drop all this blabbering about Roms, and emulators, and what-not, since piracy talk is forbidden anyway.
But Pokesav would not pass a hack check, not to mention, as stated before emulator use is not cheating while Pokesav is. There is a very clear difference.

What is so difficult? instead of coin flipping you simply catch a pokemon to find your seed, yes there are wild level 50+ pokemon in this game. It has also been proven walking 128 steps always advances your frame by the number of pokemon in your party. It has been proven that detuning one the same seed will always react the same way. Knowing this heres your method.

1: Find desired spread
2: reset for your seed
3: once youve hit your seed catch your target
4: find out what frame you caught your target on
5: detune the radio to see how it advances.
6: get your target frame, subtract the frame you caught this one on to know your required advancing.
7: reset for seed again, you will catch the identical pokemon
8: knowing how the radio and steps advance, advance to your target frame

Wow that really takes you 2-3 days to do? Don't see how.

What is so difficult? instead of coin flipping you simply catch a pokemon to find your seed, yes there are wild level 50+ pokemon in this game. It has also been proven walking 128 steps always advances your frame by the number of pokemon in your party. It has been proven that detuning one the same seed will always react the same way. Knowing this heres your method.

1: Find desired spread
2: reset for your seed
3: once youve hit your seed catch your target
4: find out what frame you caught your target on
5: detune the radio to see how it advances.
6: get your target frame, subtract the frame you caught this one on to know your required advancing.
7: reset for seed again, you will catch the identical pokemon
8: knowing how the radio and steps advance, advance to your target frame

Wow that really takes you 2-3 days to do? Don't see how.
First of all I never stated it took me 2 days to RNG pokemon. Secondly through the use of emulation to check my frame I have come to the conclusion that the frame does not jump consistently, sometimes when RNG'ing for Raikou it would jump by 2/3/4 frames. So where's your proof that the steps do consistently advance the frame in such a manner? Not to mention when attempting radio detuning the frame jumped by 32, so I do not see how that can be considered consistent.

The final proof that HG/SS cannot be manipulated easily is the pure fact that you still do not have any guide up after the game was released, even in September. Just face it, the RNG is not as controllable as you would like it to be.

First of all I never stated it took me 2 days to RNG pokemon. Secondly through the use of emulation to check my frame I have come to the conclusion that the frame does not jump consistently, sometimes when RNG'ing for Raikou it would jump by 2/3/4 frames. So where's your proof that the steps do consistently advance the frame in such a manner? Not to mention when attempting radio detuning the frame jumped by 32, so I do not see how that can be considered consistent.
Read the research thread!

When doing Raikou you are walking through areas with wild pokemon, they are known to be random. I said 128 steps will advance by the number of pokemon in your party, I just assumed cos your acting so know it all that you knew I meant outside of wild areas. And if you paid attention to what I said, one seed will react differently to another with the radio, just because your on seed xxxxxxx1 doesnt mean the radio will do the same on xxxxxxx2. most of the time its the bottom right button you use, but some seeds require the use of a different button, thats why in step 5 I said test the radio.

Read the research thread!

When doing Raikou you are walking through areas with wild pokemon, they are known to be random. I said 128 steps will advance by the number of pokemon in your party, I just assumed cos your acting so know it all that you knew I meant outside of wild areas. And if you paid attention to what I said, one seed will react differently to another with the radio, just because your on seed xxxxxxx1 doesnt mean the radio will do the same on xxxxxxx2. most of the time its the bottom right button you use, but some seeds require the use of a different button, thats why in step 5 I said test the radio.
And if you'll note this whole arguement kicked up when a poster claimed they wanted to RNG Raikou, which is in a floor with wild Pokemon. The fact of the matter is on that floor the frame will no advance by one as you claim. Not to mention because I used save states the seed was the SAME because I did not have to reset and hit my delay just to get the correct starting seed.

Oh just go play with your pokesav. I'm done arguing with a kid who is too quick to give up on something because its 'too hard'
If your not here to help then don't bother posting anymore

Oh just go play with your pokesav. I'm done arguing with a kid who is too quick to give up on something because its 'too hard'
If your not here to help then don't bother posting anymore
I'm just trying to help people, rather than claiming the RNG can be easily manipulated when it cannot. And at least I'm not misleading people into thinking that this can be done so easily. Not to mention I never advocated cheating, you claimed that I used pokesav, I've never touched the program. Emulator use is not considered cheating.

If you were so sure you were right put up a guide so that users can try it out and scrutinise your methods.
If you're so sure you're right go put up an essay about why you shouldn't waste your time on it. Just because someone can do it doesn't mean they are willing to put the time and effort into putting together a guide. And are you sure you know what scrutinize means?

If you're so sure you're right go put up an essay about why you shouldn't waste your time on it. Just because someone can do it doesn't mean they are willing to put the time and effort into putting together a guide. And are you sure you know what scrutinize means?
Why should I write about how much people should'nt attempt to RNG HG/SS on DS? I'm not the one hosting a website on competitive battling. Your theones who are supposed to be giving correct instruction, and you are even failing at this.

Why should I write about how much people should'nt attempt to RNG HG/SS on DS? I'm not the one hosting a website on competitive battling. Your theones who are supposed to be giving correct instruction, and you are even failing at this.
Your obtuse behavior has led me to believe that you missed my point.

This website has never been, and never will be, an instructive/how-to website. It is a forum where people who enjoy pokémon - competitive battlers or not - can discuss certain aspects of the game. The WiFi section has evolved into something more however, and includes guides on how to get better pokémon. Just because something is possible, and people are boasting it on these forums, does not dictate that we have to put up a guide.

Your obtuse behavior has led me to believe that you missed my point.

This website has never been, and never will be, an instructive/how-to website. It is a forum where people who enjoy pokémon - competitive battlers or not - can discuss certain aspects of the game. The WiFi section has evolved into something more however, and includes guides on how to get better pokémon. Just because something is possible, and people are boasting it on these forums, does not dictate that we have to put up a guide.
"Smogon is the most comprehensive and accurate online resource for competitive Pokémon battling. We offer articles and advice via our community forums to help fans of the game compete at every level, while honing their skills in every aspect of competitive Pokémon from team building to battling tactics. Our over 30,000 member organization is growing at an ever increasing rate, constantly expanding our knowledge base and our ability to be at the cutting edge of the game."

Not an instructive website huh? How many people would know about such things if Smogon never existed? And according to your last post, by that reasoning then why put up an Emerald/DPPt guide?

"Smogon is the most comprehensive and accurate online resource for competitive Pokémon battling. We offer articles and advice via our community forums to help fans of the game compete at every level, while honing their skills in every aspect of competitive Pokémon from team building to battling tactics. Our over 30,000 member organization is growing at an ever increasing rate, constantly expanding our knowledge base and our ability to be at the cutting edge of the game."

Not an instructive website huh? How many people would know about such things if Smogon never existed? And according to your last post, by that reasoning then why put up an Emerald/DPPt guide?
Again, you clearly missed by point. People choose to put up these guides, and don't have to. And you quoted something that pertains little, if any, to your side of this argument:

"Smogon is the most comprehensive and accurate online resource for competitive Pokémon battling..." <-- does not say anything about RNG.
I'm sorry, did I miss something? Would you mind pointing out where it says that RNG guides will be provided anywhere in that quote?

Again, you clearly missed by point. People choose to put up these guides, and don't have to. And you quoted something that pertains little, if any, to your side of this argument:

"Smogon is the most comprehensive and accurate online resource for competitive Pokémon battling..." <-- does not say anything about RNG.
I'm sorry, did I miss something? Would you mind pointing out where it says that RNG guides will be provided anywhere in that quote?
Then why put them up in the first place? And you said "This website has never been, and never will be, an instructive/how-to website." If so then why does the about claim "We offer articles and advice via our community forums to help fans of the game compete at every level, while honing their skills in every aspect of competitive Pokémon from team building to battling tactics."Just because it did not mention RNg did not counter the fact that you claimed this website was not an instructive websitein any manner whatsoever.

Then why put them up in the first place? And you said "This website has never been, and never will be, an instructive/how-to website." If so then why does the about claim "We offer articles and advice via our community forums to help fans of the game compete at every level, while honing their skills in every aspect of competitive Pokémon from team building to battling tactics."Just because it did not mention RNg did not counter the fact that you claimed this website was not an instructive websitein any manner whatsoever.
offer =/= sole purpose.

"Then why put them up in the first place?" - Can you read? It. Is. A. Choice. Let me reiterate that for you in case you are too slow.
It. Is. A. Choice.
there. Do you understand now? People aren't forced, they choose to put it on the website.

offer =/= sole purpose.

"Then why put them up in the first place?" - Can you read? It. Is. A. Choice. Let me reiterate that for you in case you are too slow.
It. Is. A. Choice.
there. Do you understand now? People aren't forced, they choose to put it on the website.
But you claimed that this is not a instructive website. If so then why allow guides to be put up knowing that people will come to this website and view the site in such a manner. Not to mention you conveniently forgot that you erroneously claimed this site was not instructive. If so then why did'nt you just keep the site as forums istead of putting up articles knowing that people would view the site as an imformative site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)