Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Okay, cool. I've never owned the 3rd generation games and was considering getting Emerald - and since there seems to be a high demand for Emerald BPs, I was hoping it wouldn't be too hard to learn the RNG while I was at it.

You need to do chain breeding and fit the spreads like a puzzle, but it usually doesn't take long (or at least it takes less time than it takes me in DPPtHGSS; also, less hassle.
Less than it takes YOU, right?
I've breed three flawless pokes in one hour last friday on Soul Silver. I believe it's the easiest game to breed flawless released so far.

for hg or ss, how would u create the initial egg that has the right nature and ability? because in platinum you have to use the poketech apps correct? so is there any way that has been figured out in HGSS to replace the poketech apps?

There's a spreadsheets full of spreads (and their seeds) on the first page.
if you mean the spreadsheet in the post where you quoted some examples from the spreadsheet it self, then I got it, but which column represents what? The first column shows the PID or the seed? Cuz if i put it in Seed to Time finder in RNG reported, it says invalid seed.

Hey, guys. I'm having problems with RNG abusing for a Wondercard Jirachi in Platinum.

I'm using the suggested spread with the seed of 0A140260, Delay 600, Frame 26 on 07/28/10 at 20:56:14. I seem to have some inconsistencies when attempting to hit the right frame. I do 10 journal flips, bringing me to frame 20. I have two roamers, that's frame 22. In the Pokemart in Jubilife, there is one moving NPC. He is facing the right, turns around and takes one step to the left all at once. This should bring me to 25, and it does assuming talking to the delivery man does not add a frame when you talk to him (which I'm not sure if he's supposed to or not). However, when I let the NPC take one extra step to the left, I end up on frame 27. I'm very confused as to why I've been unable to hit frame 26. This has happened several times.

When I try to check my frames on a different delay, the IVs don't even match up. I'm sure I'm making a silly mathematical error or I'm overlooking something, however I'm not sure what. I appreciate any help. Thank you.

Before I waste any more time, is it possible to RNG in the sandstorm (in Plat) I just tried to hit a seed that I use often twice and both times it said "There are no results for your coin flips."

EDIT: Scratch that, I know it's possible and from what I gleamed SS messes up your coin flips, but nothing else. So how do I check me seed?
I'd still like some help, I was planning on RNGing a beldum today.

EDIT: I'm positive I've seen some abuse of pokes in route 228 in DMP, can anybody help?
I've also tried catching a pokemon and inputting it's stats to find my seed, it says the date or time is invalid.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey, guys. I'm having problems with RNG abusing for a Wondercard Jirachi in Platinum.

I'm using the suggested spread with the seed of 0A140260, Delay 600, Frame 26 on 07/28/10 at 20:56:14. I seem to have some inconsistencies when attempting to hit the right frame. I do 10 journal flips, bringing me to frame 20. I have two roamers, that's frame 22. In the Pokemart in Jubilife, there is one moving NPC. He is facing the right, turns around and takes one step to the left all at once. This should bring me to 25, and it does assuming talking to the delivery man does not add a frame when you talk to him (which I'm not sure if he's supposed to or not). However, when I let the NPC take one extra step to the left, I end up on frame 27. I'm very confused as to why I've been unable to hit frame 26. This has happened several times.

When I try to check my frames on a different delay, the IVs don't even match up. I'm sure I'm making a silly mathematical error or I'm overlooking something, however I'm not sure what. I appreciate any help. Thank you.
I'd knock out a roamer. Or not let the NPC take a step.

Lots can be going on here. Maybe the NPC calls the RNG and the result tells him not to move so you don't see that. Maybe it's a case, similar to HGSS, where a roamer is advancing the RNG by two frames.

Who knows. The thing to do, though, is to adjust.

Yeah, well, I did not mention anyone other than me in my post, did I? Why are you so upset about it?
Because it's not the truth, as you've stated in the previous post, that:

"Emerald's INCREDIBLY EASIER to abuse than any of the fourth gen games' RNG."

As many folks here can already abuse anything, shiny egg, capture, flawless IVs, in less than 20 minutes.

In that post, you've never said that it was your opinion, you've stated that as the universal truth, and that can be misleading for a new guy.

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
Because it's not the truth, as you've stated in the previous post, that:

"Emerald's INCREDIBLY EASIER to abuse than any of the fourth gen games' RNG."

As many folks here can already abuse anything, shiny egg, capture, flawless IVs, in less than 20 minutes.

In that post, you've never said that it was your opinion, you've stated that as the universal truth, and that can be misleading for a new guy.
Yeah, I did state that it is easier for a new guy. Are you telling me that for someone who's just starting to RNG it is easier to calibrate a specific seed (which also requires you to adjust the DS's date, adding to the difficulty) than waiting a few seconds to land on a specific frame for Emerald breeding?

Sure, for someone who has experience with fourth gen game, RNGing fourth gen games is easy as pie once they're used to it, but if you're just starting, that is just awfully hard compared to Emerald's RNG (which always has a seed of zero).

I admit that I haven't bothered too much with fourth gen games' RNG abuse in the original cart, but that's because I keep missing my seed because the delay is off and because I don't have a method to know my current frame at the moment since I've found the RNG in HGSS to be inconsistent, but I haven't tried again in a while.

With the timers available to use? Pikatimer makes hitting your delay easy as hell, even for a new guy. The ways to verify your seed contribute to that.

You don't even need to calibrate anymore, specially for breeding. You just need to try it on practice.

RockinX

is a Contributor Alumnus
With the timers available to use? Pikatimer makes hitting your delay easy as hell, even for a new guy. The ways to verify your seed contribute to that.

You don't even need to calibrate anymore, specially for breeding. You just need to try it on practice.
I tried Pikatimer without success. I had more success with Emloop. But what I'm trying to say is that if you're just starting, Emerald is easier since the seed is always the same.

RockinX

is a Contributor Alumnus
I guess I have a lot of problems with timing, but maybe Rabbit should try both and then be the judge here. I don't see the point in arguing any more.

I know the seed, frame, delay, and how many times I need to advance the rng to get a modest flawless pokemon using the j method in dppt. In the instructions, it doesn't specify how to get the pokemon with those qualities. How do I know that when I get the right seed, and everything that the pokemon that appears will be the one that I want?

How can I hit a delay of 639 in Plat? I don't have enoguh time, and the year won't go low enough to do anything, only to 649.

RockinX

is a Contributor Alumnus
How can I hit a delay of 639 in Plat? I don't have enoguh time, and the year won't go low enough to do anything, only to 649.
When you're in Search Time, select a delay range that you can access in the Min/Max delay box.

alternatively, if you want to use the exact same seed, select previous years to raise the delay.

Incoming Wall of Text
<SNIP>
Thanks for the primer. I think I understand the process a lot better now.

I figured I'd make sure I understand the Elm method by trying the "Search Elm" button a few times to see what random seeds and such I'm getting. I've satisfied the three conditions you mentioned—Togepi is long since hatched, I have a number of Pokemon that have caught and become immune to Pokerus, and I've been to Kanto inasmuch as I've reached the Indigo Plateau and am building up my team to face the Elite Four for the first time. However, every time I call the good Professor, I get the same response:
Elm said:
Hello, <name>? You seem to be doing well.
You've done so well, I have nothing to worry about for you.
I think you could do anything you try!
Obviously, this doesn't match any of the PEK responses, and I'm at a loss as to what I'm doing wrong. Also, I don't have any roamers out right now, so I can't use that method to check my seeds.

There are a couple of other things I'm not quite clear on. First, in RNG Reporter's Time Finder dialog, there's a "Method" dropdown box that I don't know the significance of. Second, I've looked at the spreadsheets linked in the Smogon guides and punched a few of those seeds into the "Seed to Time" calculator, but the delays it returns are at least 100 higher than what I found in my calibration tests. I assume this is a difference between DPPt and HGSS, but I don't know how to correct it. Third, I don't see anything regarding species in either the spreadsheets or RNG Reporter. Since most areas in the game can produce multiple types of Pokemon, how can I determine which one I'll get with the IV spread I want? And finally, once I know how to generate the seeds I want and hit them reliably, how I go about actually finding the Pokemon I want to catch? I'm guessing it has to do with the "Frame" numbers I keep seeing, but I don't know how to apply them.

Okay, I have a different question.
Sandstorm only messes up the coin flips, right?
I can try to hit my seed, not verify it, then do my advances and see if I got it right, right?

which method you want depends on what you're RNGing. What is it? idk about the other stuff, sorry. I don't do wilds. Frames differ between different people.

Another update for those interested: I tried a frame 3 seed again for an HG shiny egg, but once again, it was a fail. I had two incoming phonecalls, right after receiving egg one and after egg two. Eggs three and four were not shiny.

Just so I wouldn't go insane and bite the top screen of my DS and leave indelible teethmarks, I immediately RNGed a frame 1 seed and got a shiny egg no problem. There were no phone calls.

I would really like to know from everyone who receives shiny eggs that are frame 3 to 5 or more, do you get phone calls during your wait for the right egg?

It's not possible to get to the screen in 10.65 seconds. My minimum is like 13!
Oh, are you using emloop or something? That 10.65 is the uncalibrated time; once you calibrate it, 639 should be easy enough to hit. It translates to about 15/16 seconds for me, I think.

so I got infracted last time I tried to post this question so I'll try to be as specific as possible. when trying to learn RNG i watch this video RNG Abuse for Eggs: Part 1 by Bearsfan092. I'm trying to learn to RNG on HG so I knew it might be a bit different because the videos for platinum. But I read the second post of this thread and learned that you can advance the frame by calling elm, so I'd thought I be fine. After a few minutes of the video though I realized I could not do the section where you ge an egg with the right ability and nature, because in HG there are no poketech applications (happiness checker and coin flip). So I'm just wondering if I'm incorrect, and there is a way to breed an initial pokemon that has the right nature and ability (sorry don't know what this first part of RNG is called)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 14)