Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Is it true right...?
That the pre-requisite for getting accurate results using radioseed is to beat the elite 4, right?

Because the results match now from my testing process, but it didn't prior to beating the elite 4...

BTW, a suggestion...
How about include the Radioseed function to the next version of RNG Reporter?
Well yeah, since Kanto is a call you need Elm to make, which requires some E4 work.

What exactly is your testing process? I don't understand how you got elm calls to work, if that's what your doing. If it's not, I don't see how the E4 could ruin whatever it is you're doing.

RadioSeed is probably the most useful thing here on this topic behind the RNGReporter. After having known that you hit the right delay, the only way to advance your frame in the Pokémon League is the radio, and you can get very high frames in a few minutes. This morning I got frame 38280 in less than 20 minutes thanks to RadioSeed. Yes, it would be an excellent function in the RNGReporter.

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
Does anyone know the address of the seeds (in the game's RAM) for Japanese Platinum games?

Nevermind, figured it out myself.

Initial: 021bef18 - Current: 021bef14

Hey guys! An answer and a question!!

HEY CHAMOMMY!!! That had me stumped for a while too! No worries, Emloop is fine! You need to put a 0 in the box below your delay (which is ridiculously huge btw). Then, everything should work fine!

And now for MY problem. I am RNGing a Shiny, Jolly, Male, Ability 1, Flawless Swinub. I have the Shiny, Jolly, Male, Ability 1 part done. I just need help with verifying the flawlessness. I was sure to save right in front of the old man at a point where neither the cowgirls or the Pachirisu would move before I got a chance to pick up the Egg. Then, super quickly, I fly to the Battle Area, which, thanking God himself, does not have any NPC's that affect the IRNG. I catch my pokémon in the area north of it, but I always seem to get random delays. They are very close to my target one, but I can never get it right on it. My delay is 1169, should I be looking for a different number since picking up an Egg advances the IRNG?

I'm not sure but are you taking your egg immediately after advancing the frames using journal flips? Are your frames stable?

If yes, to those two questions, then the delays are something you must work around. You just have to keep trying.

Why are you talking about IRNG here ?
Unless I missed something it's mostly used to skip eggs, but you say you already have your egg ready.
There's no relation between delay and IRNG ?

If your egg is frame 1, then you're doing it well, pick it up asap, and go check your seed before hatching it (less time consuming), you'll land on your delay eventually

We're not talking about IRNG at all. We're talking about egg IVs in DPPt. He still needs to hit the correct delay and get to the right frame to pick up the egg with the correct IV spread.

I guess my real question was is it still possible to verify after picking up the egg? It does advance the RNG, which determines the IVs, right? So that would mess up the Pokémon that you catch, making it unreliable, correct? Or does it advance the IRNG?

i guess it would make more sense if it advanced the IRNG. Nvm.

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
I guess my real question was is it still possible to verify after picking up the egg? It does advance the RNG, which determines the IVs, right? So that would mess up the Pokémon that you catch, making it unreliable, correct? Or does it advance the IRNG?

i guess it would make more sense if it advanced the IRNG. Nvm.
Yes, you hatch it and use rare candies and an IV calculator to check its IVs

What are encounter slots and how do I use them in D/P?
Basically, knowing what the encounter slot is for a specific frame will tell you exactly what species of wild Pokemon will appear at the frame when initiating a battle.

In RNG Reporter, you can right click on one of the generated frame results and select the option titled 'Encounter Slots', which will bring up a little table stating the relevant information. It will also display links to pages where you can find which Pokemon corresponds to the encounter slot.

A little confused with HGSS Rng abuse for shiny/natured eggs

I haven't found any helpful guides for breeding, so this is done with no guide.

I went to Time Finder\Shiny Egg Finder
Hgss egg checked
Found my wanted seed, time and delay.
Entered my seed into seed to time finder, located the baby I found in time finder and clicked in my roamer locations. I clicked generate for adjacent results..

I know which frame, seed, delay and time to hit,
I know how to check if I hit the right delay..

I need to know if:
a) I need to advance my frame to the desired frame before or after I place my parents in the daycare
b)If any of my previous steps are wrong.

On a side note, what method is used for hgss iv abuse?
Thanks in advance, I know that was a lot to read :P

I have guides on my thread. For getting the shiny egg, you can advance the frame before or after putting the parents in daycare. Either works.

So I've gotten good rnging stationary pokemon, shiny eggs, and egg ivs down on HGSS. But I haven't seen any good guides on rnging wild pokemon and I'd like to get a decent ditto to use for breeding. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Update: figured it out, I'll make a guide for HGSS since there isn't much info on it. Got a modest flawless ditto ^^.

Omg, i finally managed to use the RNG!
I've shocked a shiny Bagon docile, and an adamant shiny Charmander, both with high IV's, but not max.

Too bad it was on Pokemon Platinum, i need to pass to my HG now. DPPT is actually thousand times easier than HGSS: /

Thank you all for this thread, and sorry for my bad english :3

Does it count if I tap my application button and skip it? ie: hop from app 1 to 15? Or does that invalidate the results as well.
Oh, and thank you very much for the rest. ;D

Also, when I enter the game, does the Journal invalidate the time or is it explicitly when I press continue?

PS: Is there a useful external clock I can use online or something, I really don't have anything except my computer at the moment. :S
You mean run through the app so fast that you only see the number? No, that's fine.

The seed is set exactly when you press Continue. Being at the Journal doesn't affect it.

Well, doesn't your computer have a clock of its own? :P I think there are a couple online options, but if you're only looking for time in seconds then you're better off just using that one.

For abusing eggs, has anyone ever been able to use a frame from a spread from PokeRNG, done the journal flips, then immediately getting the egg, while hitting their spread and not having to do the frame calibration?

For abusing eggs, has anyone ever been able to use a frame from a spread from PokeRNG, done the journal flips, then immediately getting the egg, while hitting their spread and not having to do the frame calibration?
PokeRNG is something completely different, that is for capturing pokemon or Method 1 pokemon. Receiving eggs is something completely different. You will need to use RNG Reporter to find the frame and you need to calibrate your frame for DPPt, for HGSS there is no real need for frame calibration due to the lack of NPC's.

I have read that if you change your trainer ID and SID combination this allows you to not get shiny eggs when breeding. I do this before I generate the times for my desired characteristics but my eggs keep hatching shiny.....What am i doing wrong? When I change the numbers I reduce both of my IDs by one. Do i need to change them more than this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)