Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I'm RNGing for an ID/SID combo right now, and I'm coming pretty close to hitting it now. However, I've only hit even delays so far and my target delay is odd. Do I have to change the year, since I can't scroll down the start menu?
Do you have a 3rd Gen game? Just stick it in the DS and you will be fine

I only have a DSi, so I don't really have that option. I just changed the year to 2011 and seem to be hitting odd delays now, so whatever. Just missed my delay by one, actually...

Edit: Thanks for the help Riski, I now have this spread shiny in my SS game:
Hasty, Ability 0, 31/30/30/31/30/31

Why Hasty? Rayquaza, Mewtwo, Dragonite, and any other strong mixed attacker!

What are you trying to capture\hatch? I'm trying to breed a shiny Timid female Abra.

What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed? My target seed is 58000280, time 00:18:14, delay 630.

How did you verify your seed? I used coin flips

If you tried and failed, what results did you get? The results I got were Female, Bashful, non-shiny.

Now that I've answered those, I was using this guide. I got the correct flip sequence and was wondering what I did wrong. The only thing readily apparent to me was that I only had three Pokemon while doing the happiness checker taps. Is that what went wrong?

What are you trying to capture\hatch? I'm trying to breed a shiny Timid female Abra.

What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed? My target seed is 58000280, time 00:18:14, delay 630.

If you tried and failed, what results did you get? The results I got were Female, Bashful, non-shiny.

Now that I've answered those, I was using this guide. I got the correct flip sequence and was wondering what I did wrong. The only thing readily apparent to me was that I only had three Pokemon while doing the happiness checker taps. Is that what went wrong?
Im pretty sure you need 6 pokemon.

I only have a DSi, so I don't really have that option. I just changed the year to 2011 and seem to be hitting odd delays now, so whatever. Just missed my delay by one, actually...

Edit: Thanks for the help Riski, I now have this spread shiny in my SS game:
Hasty, Ability 0, 31/30/30/31/30/31

Why Hasty? Rayquaza, Mewtwo, Dragonite, and any other strong mixed attacker!
Congrats. :-)

You have to start your party with five and fill in the sixth place with a caught pokemon, then find your seed and then do the happiness taps and coin flips.

Congrats. :-)

You have to start your party with five and fill in the sixth place with a caught pokemon, then find your seed and then do the happiness taps and coin flips.
That isnt correct.He/She found the stuff with the shiny egg tab method so would start in the daycare with 6 pokes.

Right.

In that case, make sure you aren't using items on the parents, make sure you have international or same language parents properly clicked and try again.

Right.

In that case, make sure you aren't using items on the parents, make sure you have international or same language parents properly clicked and try again.
But the seed has already been found with shiny egg so why would you go and catch another pokemon?

But the seed has already been found with shiny egg so why would you go and catch another pokemon?
That was for if he was using happiness tap method where you catch a pokemon. Since you already corrected me on the fact he wasn't using this method, I changed my advice in my last post.

Yes! I did it! With the method I used it was almost easy! I can't believe I just got it! Thanks for the help guys/girls :D
Just curious, but did you use the method where you had to catch a pokemon to get your happiness counts and coin flips to get the right shiny pokemon?

I see. Yeah, it says in the guide you need six pokes. I think it has something to do with the happiness taps counting on the frames properly.

Edit: well now I know you need six pokes for IRNG, whichever method you choose.

That one's about HGSS
The steps required to RNG a SID/OT are pretty much the same for HGSS and DPPt. You just get into the game on a different screen. For DPPt, you wait with the TV show running and hit A to cancel the TV show when the last timer finishes the countdown.

The steps required to RNG a SID/OT are pretty much the same for HGSS and DPPt. You just get into the game on a different screen. For DPPt, you wait with the TV show running and hit A to cancel the TV show when the last timer finishes the countdown.
Aw, you're saying I have to run Pikatimer?

JavaRNG problems

I have been attempting to RNG stationary legendaries and I have read up on all of the materials that is offered here and I am having a somewhat unique problem.

When using the JavaRNG program to generate seeds I am getting nothing. I get everything in line, and after I press start and wait for the loading to finish I open up the newly made files and they are always empty.

-Trying this on SoulSilver
-I am using Method K
-Jolly nature
-Start/end at 0
-using synch nature
-IVs of 31/30 or greater/31/0 or greater/31/31
-min delay at 490
-max delay at 2500
-HP at a min of 30 and any type
-shiny selected with ID and SID inputted.

What am I missing?Also Bearsfan92, I watched your video multiple times so I am hoping that it is something other than stupidity on my part. >_<

I have been attempting to RNG stationary legendaries and I have read up on all of the materials that is offered here and I am having a somewhat unique problem.

When using the JavaRNG program to generate seeds I am getting nothing. I get everything in line, and after I press start and wait for the loading to finish I open up the newly made files and they are always empty.

-Trying this on SoulSilver
-I am using Method K
-Jolly nature
-Start/end at 0
-using synch nature
-IVs of 31/30 or greater/31/0 or greater/31/31
-min delay at 490
-max delay at 2500
-HP at a min of 30 and any type
-shiny selected with ID and SID inputted.

What am I missing?Also Bearsfan92, I watched your video multiple times so I am hoping that it is something other than stupidity on my part. >_<
Don't input the shiny, shiny spreads are determined by your ID/SID, so the seed must not exist on your game. You will have to live with them not being shiny

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)