Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

So during the calibrtion phase when before catching the pokemon we should sweet scent it or it doesn't matte how it was generated?

Okay, my delay is around 500-510, 15 seconds. But some spreads I've found have a delay of 570; how do I work out how much longer to wait?

Also, since I didn't search for the spread (instead getting it from the excel sheets), how do I find out how many coin flips I need to do to check that it's right? I'm using Method 1, for roaming legends.

Does the pokeradar affect the RNG when looking for a wild pokemon with good IV's? I'm trying to get a Ditto with X/31/X/31/X/31 for my breeding, since I'm going for alot of shiny sweepers, and I was wanting to know if this could mess me up since Ditto is Radar only. Also, will there be a way for me to make sure I'll get a Ditto in the battle, or will I just have to reset until I get lucky?

ok so i looked over the guide and got some info so far. I'm trying to get a Bold Creselia.

On the IV to PID Applet I got this after inputting my IVs and nature:

PID: 0693247013 [29521C25] | Created by Method 1 | Gender Number: 037 | Ability: 1
PID: 3125049838 [BA4479EE] | Created by Method 1 | Gender Number: 238 | Ability: 0
2 possibilities

Then I got the seed hex of 91120265 on the RNG Reporter. I also found some spreads I like on X-Treem. What should I do now and do I need to know my SID? I read its needed for breeding but no where does it says its needed for runners. Thanks!

For SR'ing, there's one part I don't get..

2. Once in game, unless capturing something with a very low frame number, you will want to verify that you have correctly hit your target time and delay. The easiest way to do this is to take the initial seed of the Pokemon you are attempting to capture, enter it into the Seed box of RNG Reporter, select "DPPt Egg PID (Normal)", and finally click Generate. Note the "Coin" column. Switch to the coin toss application and begin using the coin toss application, noting the results. If you have hit the correct target time and delay the pattern of results from the coin flips will match those in the output of RNG Reporter. A good number of coin flips to compare is 10. This will not affect the RNG that we are using to capture our Pokemon.

I don't see any Coin column.. all I see is Frame/PID/!!!/Nature/Ability/50%/12.5%/25%/75%

Any help?

Klock- there is a column that shows only heads and tails. WHen you flip the coin however many times it says to you should get heads or tails last depending on what the column says. Coin column is after ability column.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Okay, my delay is around 500-510, 15 seconds. But some spreads I've found have a delay of 570; how do I work out how much longer to wait?
Are you sure it's not 600-610? The opening sequence takes long enough that you won't possibly ever get a delay below 593 or so. And that's if you button mash ridiculously fast. Also, you don't have to wait longer; you just have to increase the year by 60.

Try to narrow your delay down even further if you can. I can now consistently get 599 or 601 for a delay; it was very frustrating before I did.

Does the pokeradar affect the RNG when looking for a wild pokemon with good IV's? I'm trying to get a Ditto with X/31/X/31/X/31 for my breeding, since I'm going for alot of shiny sweepers, and I was wanting to know if this could mess me up since Ditto is Radar only. Also, will there be a way for me to make sure I'll get a Ditto in the battle, or will I just have to reset until I get lucky?
So far we have not done any research into how the Pokéradar advances the RNG. People have RNG abused for Dittos in Platinum, where they are not Pokéradar-exclusive.

Then I got the seed hex of 91120265 on the RNG Reporter. I also found some spreads I like on X-Treem. What should I do now and do I need to know my SID? I read its needed for breeding but no where does it says its needed for runners. Thanks!
You need to know your SID only if you want a shiny.

Now you have to figure out a time\date to target to get your Pokemon, and figure out how many times you need to flip the journal page to advance the RNG for your Cresselia.

Just a quick question about resetting in the wild. I've caught desired spreads with the legendaries, but I haven't tried Method J Pokemon in the wild. The OP mentions that Sweet Scenting in the grass advances the RNG by 7 frames. If I'm aiming for a frame X, do I sweet scent on X-7, on X itself, or on some other number (since the OP states that the RNG calls include generation of the Pokemon and the battle)? I've scanned the OP and the following posts and could not find a definitive answer (it says the frames vary but I'm not entirely sure what that entails).

Also, is there a rule on the "legitimacy" of pokemon that appear to be caught in the future? It's quite convenient to set the year several decades ahead to reduce the necessary delay to catch various Pokemon, but it does look weird having a Pokemon caught in the year 2050 or such.

This was in OP for questions needing answer:

Find out exactly how the Journal advances the RNG. It seems flipping on a page with Caught/Captured that are not zero advances the RNG. Does it matter HOW MANY were caught and captured? Does the Journal HAVE to be up when the game starts or can you open it and get the same result?

There can only be 1 on each page. Opening it in game gets same results.

when i am in azelf cave where there arent any pokemon and i walk/turn around by how much does the rng advance. is it according to how many pokemon there are in my party?If so does this also hold true for turning around?

when i am in azelf cave where there arent any pokemon and i walk/turn around by how much does the rng advance. is it according to how many pokemon there are in my party?If so does this also hold true for turning around?
Turning does nothing. Walking 128 steps will advance it by 1 for each pokemon in your party.

another question if i say capture a pokemon and its recorded onto the journal. when i start the journal up and i end up on the page with the captured pokemon it advances by 2 i think but if i flip to a page with nothing and then back to the page with the captured pokemon it advances it by 2. also turning doesnt count as a step does it?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yeah I figured as much, just wanted to make sure, and no I've only ever SR for two legends, pre-RNG abuse. I don't see how that's relevant :P. Thanks for the reply.
Oh, I meant soft resetting for eggs, which uses the same mechanics.

Yup, it blowed up twice already. Or even thrice. I'm looking basically for HP shiny spreads. I've found some already at low thousands, but I wanted better ones. Basically, it's me being perfeccionist again :/
When I get some time I will try some larger sets. One thing, is the counter still counting? Even if incorrect at the time if the numbers are still flying by then it is still working :)

For SR'ing, there's one part I don't get..

I don't see any Coin column.. all I see is Frame/PID/!!!/Nature/Ability/50%/12.5%/25%/75%

Any help?
What version of RNG Reporter are you using? 4.60 has this feature.

Do I Have to find my search for good spreads one year at a time or is there a faster way to do it?
Well really when you have a delay range you are actually searching a number of years at the same time. So if something has a delay of 601 and a year of 2009 you can actually catch it at delay 602 in 2008.

Just a quick question about resetting in the wild. I've caught desired spreads with the legendaries, but I haven't tried Method J Pokemon in the wild. The OP mentions that Sweet Scenting in the grass advances the RNG by 7 frames. If I'm aiming for a frame X, do I sweet scent on X-7, on X itself, or on some other number (since the OP states that the RNG calls include generation of the Pokemon and the battle)? I've scanned the OP and the following posts and could not find a definitive answer (it says the frames vary but I'm not entirely sure what that entails).

Also, is there a rule on the "legitimacy" of pokemon that appear to be caught in the future? It's quite convenient to set the year several decades ahead to reduce the necessary delay to catch various Pokemon, but it does look weird having a Pokemon caught in the year 2050 or such.
Frame-2 is what you should target.

Frame+7 is what you should end up with.

No opinion on future dates :)

This was in OP for questions needing answer:

Find out exactly how the Journal advances the RNG. It seems flipping on a page with Caught/Captured that are not zero advances the RNG. Does it matter HOW MANY were caught and captured? Does the Journal HAVE to be up when the game starts or can you open it and get the same result?

There can only be 1 on each page. Opening it in game gets same results.
Will update these thank you.

Check the OP.

Oh I see, I've been using 4.20 because I've only been abusing for IV's.. Going to try to nail this thing down, thanks for the replies xD

Mingot:

When I run Seed to Time on this Seed (83468741) I get an unaught exception .NET Framework error. Any ideas? I'm trying to find a Modest flawless HP Ice spread for Heatran and Zapdos, and, that fits the bill.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It's not valid for a seed, unfortunately. You can't get it as an initial seed. This error is fixed for the next version, though, and it should report a slightly more friendly error message instead of crashing.

It's not valid for a seed, unfortunately. You can't get it as an initial seed. This error is fixed for the next version, though, and it should report a slightly more friendly error message instead of crashing.
bummer, looks like my dreams of a completely flawless Modest HP Ice Zapdos went down the drain. Thanks for the info though Mingot. : D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)