Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Azure Demon

lol thank you for being a jerk bearsfan that really helped my problem:) i mean you couldnt of just told me how to fix my post noooo that was what was what was going to get me my answer and the help i needed.
and f you would like to know if it was the brand of the computer causing the problem.
but next time i need a smart mouthed comment ill let you know until then you have helped more than enough

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
If you already have a seed you don't need to use timefinder...

Put the seed into the main window of the program. Select Method J (use a synch nature) and click generate. Find the frame(s) of the spread on method J. Use seed to time to get a target time.

And no, unless you put in a VERY small delay range it would probably take forever and a day. Wichus program is honestly much better at doing searches. It takes a long (but reasonable) amount of time to run, no matter what you are looking for, whereas narrow searches in timefinder can be completed more quickly. But then wichues program always takes the same amount of time. timefinder, when searching to large a range can take a LONG time.
...I don't know how I never noticed that synch box on the main screen. orz I must be going blind.

Thanks. xD

Yeah, I found that spread through Wichu's program first. This makes it even simpler now, thanks. *_*

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
@ Killa Kid

Ok, well, you really need to provide more information. Perhaps an error message or exactly what happened.

It's alright, riddlinkid, everyone makes mistakes :> I double check the IDs I type in every time I switch from Pearl to Platinum checking, heh;

---
On a separate note, is it wise to try Time Finder-ing this shiny spread through Method J:

(JOLLY, ability 0) 24/30/31/31/30/31 (Seed: 1c150277 Frame: 13012) HP GHOST 69 !!!

Disregarding the fact that I'd need to do 6k+ Journal flips. I don't think my RNG Reporter would be very pleased about this job. Any chance of it crashing on me? .-.
Yeah, I thought I double/triple checked, but the ID I had written down in notepad was incorrect, mixing up 6s and 3s. Don't know how I never caught it before considering the number is on EVERY single pokemon I breed. Ha.

Is it possible to hit 700+ spreads? Obviously, the delay is too high to simply change the year.
700+ spreads? What do you mean? Frame number? If you mean frame number, then yes, that's possible, I did a 4600 one. If you mean delay, then again yes, that's also possible, but it's harder. I don't know exactly how that works.

Is it possible to hit 700+ spreads? Obviously, the delay is too high to simply change the year.
Yeah, if you wait a bit on the Continue screen...

Speaking of delays, I have a small problem. Mingot, I tried to use your program's Seed Finder to get my delay. However, it doesn't appear to work for delays of over 1000... Could you add some kind of option to change the maximum delay in the Seed Finder?
I'd suggest you add a 'minimum delay' box, and have it search the few hundred delays after that. Most people would use around 600 for that, but it would also be useful to find higher ones. A 'maximum delay' option would be more convenient, as you wouldn't have to change it every time you wanted to use a different delay, but it would be slower than a 'minimum delay' option, as you're calculating more seeds.

EDIT: I was going for a delay of around 1300, by the way. I had to use the 'Open Search' option, which meant I had to calculate the IVs manually, since it's not available using just the stats.

well i have a question about this. well im on my lapptop right now. why will the rng reporter open up on my desktop. (Dell) but not my laptop (toshiba)
I have a toshiba laptop and it works perfectly. You most likely have a installation problem. Maybe try re-installing it or you have to update the things required for the RNG reporter.

Okay, I'm trying to get a good Heatran, but the spread I want is on an even number. So, I've done the 128 steps with 5 in party to make it an even frame, and then done the required flips. But the Heatran I end up getting is always 5 frames off.

Anyone know what I can do to fix this? (I know it's 128 steps, as I bring up the step counter).

ok so im not sure if this is the right place to ask but ill ask here anyways. I am trying to download the rng reporter onto my laptop but when i try to open the application an error comes up with

To run this application you first must install one of the following versions of the .NET framework: v2.0.50727

does anyone know what this means i would appreciate it

Okay, I'm trying to get a good Heatran, but the spread I want is on an even number. So, I've done the 128 steps with 5 in party to make it an even frame, and then done the required flips. But the Heatran I end up getting is always 5 frames off.

Anyone know what I can do to fix this? (I know it's 128 steps, as I bring up the step counter).
Maybe you have a runner out making it even already and you are doing 2 extra flips on accident. Try not doing the 128 steps if you go 5 over doing what you're supposed to.

swim4mi56 - it is something required for RNG reporter to run. Download it off of Microsoft's site I think. You may have an out dated version of just don't have it. Most people already have it.

I have no runners out; it's really screwy. It's just not counting the steps. I tested (twice) by going for a low frame (16 or so).

another question how do i do this
************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

so that the annoying dialogue box doesnt keep popping up

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
That's a strange error. Does the program actually run after you cancel it? Is the .config file also in the directory where you run the exe?

yes the program runs fine but every time i click on something to type something in i get this box when i click continue on the dialogue box the program stays up but if i click quit the entire program closes and yes the .config file is in the directory ( not sure if this matters but the config file is called RNGReporter.exe.config)

mingot

free agent
Do me a favor and see if this also happens when clicking in the "Seed (Hex)" textbox. Give me some examples of some textboxes where it does happen, too.

This is a strange one, have not heard of this happening.

hmmm thats interesting. Well the rng reporter froze up when i went back into it so i forced quit out of it and then when i went back into it no textboxes showed up when i clicked on something and i no i didnt just need to exit out of the application and go back in again because i tried that about one hundered times. Oh well at least it works now XD thanks for your time mingot

Alright so I am new to this whole RNG thing. I am breeding a miltank and have the right nature and everything, now I just need to SR for IV's. The guide says to reset the date for 2 days ahead of where I am. I do not know how to do this, can anyone help?

P.S. I have never tried this before so don't laugh at my questions, I know I am a n00b.

Alright so I am new to this whole RNG thing. I am breeding a miltank and have the right nature and everything, now I just need to SR for IV's. The guide says to reset the date for 2 days ahead of where I am. I do not know how to do this, can anyone help?

P.S. I have never tried this before so don't laugh at my questions, I know I am a n00b.
Consider your question laughed at :P

Anyways, it's pretty simple. Say your target date is 6/30/2009. You would go to 6/28/2009 and line up your frame.

how do you change the date on your game though? I thought that was something that you could only do when you first start your "journey"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)