Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Sorry, I didn't see the edit. The seed is 390002BD, and I got the flips T,H,H,H,T,H,H,H,T,H as expected.
As I'm only trying for nature and shininess at the moment, the frame isn't relevant, is it?
When the coin flips are right and the egg is wrong, catch a Pokemon to make sure your seed is right. It is very much possible for two different seeds to have matching coin flips.

oh im sorry, i meant ability. thanks for being on top of it
Dex \ IV Check button shows you which number corresponds to which ability. And the system uses 0 and 1, not 1 and 2.

Ah thank you, i just downloaded RNG Reporter and im still figuring things out. would anyone mind telling me how exactly i find my seed by calling elm? what do the responses mean? and tell me if i should be posting this somewhere else...

Turns out I was leaving the Friendship Checker open after I'd done the taps, and that was messing it up. I really appreciate the help, though, even if this really should've been something I realised myself. I appreciate the effort.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ah thank you, i just downloaded RNG Reporter and im still figuring things out. would anyone mind telling me how exactly i find my seed by calling elm? what do the responses mean? and tell me if i should be posting this somewhere else...
The basics listed in this post ought to cover it. We will be updating that guide for RNG Reporter soon.

Ok so if my starting frame is always 1 since there is no frame 0, calling elm 10 times would advance my frame by 10 and suicune frame is 1,if I am aiming for a frame 30 should I advance my frame by 18 instead of 19?.
anyone mind helping me with this?

I have a quick question. I'm looking to capture a shiny timid gastly at the haunted old Chateau in platinum. If the target frame is only 3, what should I do to advance the RNG? If I hit my target time, do I need to take one step forward and sweet scent? Will the encounter from sweet scent yield me the shiny, or do i need to do it again to land on the right frame?

Hi. How do exactly we do this?

- Reset the game and took note of the seed I landed on by using Seed Verifier. I called Elm 10 times to confirm the seed, leaving me at frame 10 for this seed.
Got it from the first page guide to get Giratina with good IVS

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Hi. How do exactly we do this?

Got it from the first page guide to get Giratina with good IVS
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2566531&postcount=3

Except now you don't have to download Romsstar's program, the responses are listed in the latest version of RNG Reporter. I hope I don't have to explain to you where to find them, they're in plain sight.

anybody know how to rng zapdos on heartgold/soulsilver?
Do you know how to RNG period?

These aren't the types of questions you should be asking.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
only shinies, but this is different. its not poketch, its a pokegear.
By "only shinies", you mean just shiny eggs, right? Not capturing flawless Pokemon in the wild? Because this is pretty different.

If you're not familiar with capturing flawless Pokemon then you should read through the guides on the front page first; the basics are the same regardless of whether it's DPPt or HGSS. Come up with a plan of attack on your own after that, and we'll help you iron out the details.

By "only shinies", you mean just shiny eggs, right? Not capturing flawless Pokemon in the wild? Because this is pretty different.

If you're not familiar with capturing flawless Pokemon then you should read through the guides on the front page first; the basics are the same regardless of whether it's DPPt or HGSS. Come up with a plan of attack on your own after that, and we'll help you iron out the details.
yes, only shinies. i've tried this before but sadly got "stuck." i only got to the part where i got my delay and seconds..and how do you get the target time?

You have a seed in mind, right? Use RNG Reporter's Seed to Time button.
k thanks. also want to ask, is it ok to spend a long time on the calibration phase, like taking "breaks"? or should it be performed quickly, because you need to repeat the delays and seconds right, say 4-5 times to get the range.

hatredy said:
is it worth it to sacrifice the roamers to make the RNG Reporter work easier? and are the only roamers the dogs and latios/latias?
Yeah, it helps a lot. It's a quicker method of seed verification than calling Elm 10 times.
Wait what?

So it's better to kill the roamers, and there's a better method I can use other than calling Elm with the roamers dead?

Ok; tried to hit my delay on a DSi, it's a little trickier but... Emloop gave me 11.96 seconds, so i added .2 to the 60 value blah blah blah... but that is simply not enough time to reach my target. Can i be doing something wrong? I mashed A as fast as i could...

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
k thanks. also want to ask, is it ok to spend a long time on the calibration phase, like taking "breaks"? or should it be performed quickly, because you need to repeat the delays and seconds right, say 4-5 times to get the range.
Oh, hold it there. Sorry, that's a part of the guide that's going to be revised soon, due to it being needlessly imprecise and limiting.

The new method involves using a timer like emloop (link on the front page, Ctrl+F for it). Basically, instead of mashing the A button and hoping for a certain time\delay, you use a timer for greater control. None of this calibration crap. (EDIT: Okay, techically you're still calibrating, but this is better.)

Ok; tried to hit my delay on a DSi, it's a little trickier but... Emloop gave me 11.96 seconds, so i added .2 to the 60 value blah blah blah... but that is simply not enough time to reach my target. Can i be doing something wrong? I mashed A as fast as i could...
What are you trying again? Please don't make me go through the last few pages to remember. I remember something about 717 delay and that's it.

What are you trying again? Please don't make me go through the last few pages to remember. I remember something about 717 delay and that's it.
Im trying to hit the delay of 718 but i added 306 since i cant SR.... now im back on the broken DS... and sometimes the coin flips dont match to ANYTHING around my delay but sometimes they do... it's getting frustrating...

Hello OmegaDonut! I have some questions

Here is my CP. I want to catch a Giratina with the following stats:
Naive : 30/30/31/30/27/30. So I entered in the RNG Reporter as the guide says. Time Finder, put all these information using the min_frame default 1000 and min max delays default as well 600 and 610. When I click in generate after all the loading stuff nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Im trying to hit the delay of 718 but i added 306 since i cant SR.... now im back on the broken DS... and sometimes the coin flips dont match to ANYTHING around my delay but sometimes they do... it's getting frustrating...
Yeah, coin flips are not a good idea if you're not sure of your delay range yet.

If you have 718+306 it should say 17.06, not 11.96. The DSi has a start-up period before it starts counting delay, too.

Hello OmegaDonut! I have some questions

Here is my CP. I want to catch a Giratina with the following stats:
Naive : 30/30/31/30/27/30. So I entered in the RNG Reporter as the guide says. Time Finder, put all these information using the min_frame default 1000 and min max delays default as well 600 and 610. When I click in generate after all the loading stuff nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
This is another reason the guides will be revised. Too many people are limiting themselves by searching for seeds with delays only around 600.

In your case, there just aren't any seeds that let you encounter Giratina with the parameters you set. Once again, I recommend learning how to use emloop to hit seeds with higher delays.

Yeah, coin flips are not a good idea if you're not sure of your delay range yet.

If you have 718+306 it should say 17.06, not 11.96. The DSi has a start-up period before it starts counting delay, too.
On the DSi I use 11.96 ; on the broken one I use 17.06(which I'm currently using) What else should I do to verify my seed then? Sometimes the coin flips worked pretty well... And once my delay was like 6 off... When I press A to confirm the time along with pressing space on my comp, the DS and emloop are never counting together... Sometimes they're off :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)