Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Anyone out there can give me clear instructions on how to use a seed to get a shiny egg on HG/SS?
There is a link on the first page to a part 6 of the guide.

Use that, but make sure to check "HGSS" on the seed finder screen.

And there will be no flips/taps. Just a frame.

Hatch that many pokemon to get a shiny.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
What happened to the link of that "Partner-pokemon-responses" method.
It's not anymore in the first page, and I prefer to use it for RNGing Entei, because I don't want NPC screw-ups.
OmegaDonut already threw it away and replaced it with something.

You know...that method about talking to your Poke and checking its responses, that link also said something about what prerequisites to consider, etc... but that link/guide is already gone.

So where could I find it again?

Make sure you're mashing A to load the game as quickly as possible. Make sure you reset at :00 of a minute with your DS clock synched perfectly to an external clock. Looks as if you've done neither, and I doubt that the Pokeflute messes with the initial seed finder. Perhaps it might advance the frame, but that should be a nonfactor in calibration.
Thanks man xD
my problem was the seconds were unsync~

hi, im rnging for a timid raikou and have one quick question: how far apart is each seed from the next (in terms of time)? my guess was that they are each 1/60th of a second, but im not sure. just wondering cuz i keep missing my target seed by one seed. thanks!!

Ahhh, I've been trying to RNG for good IVs for about 4 days now without any sucess, if anyone would help me get it down, I'd uh, well owe you a lot and RNG stuff for you. Anyone?

Ahhh, I've been trying to RNG for good IVs for about 4 days now without any sucess, if anyone would help me get it down, I'd uh, well owe you a lot and RNG stuff for you. Anyone?
I can put you on my RNG tutoring wait list while you wait if you'd like...we might get to you before you get your problem resolved.

hi, im rnging for a timid raikou and have one quick question: how far apart is each seed from the next (in terms of time)? my guess was that they are each 1/60th of a second, but im not sure. just wondering cuz i keep missing my target seed by one seed. thanks!!
Yes the next seed is one delay (1/60 of a second) from another seed. However, you should not be missing your seed by one because a hg/ss game will normally hit even or odd delays. Because of this, i suggest changing your year or rapidly scrolling up and down on the continue screen to fix this problem.

Yes the next seed is one delay (1/60 of a second) from another seed. However, you should not be missing your seed by one because a hg/ss game will normally hit even or odd delays. Because of this, i suggest changing your year or rapidly scrolling up and down on the continue screen to fix this problem.
well im going for seed 6f1601fd but ive gotten seed 6f1601fc multiple times. RNG Reporter says that theyre both on delay 498 for 1/1/2010 22:51:59. in that case, wouldnt it just be that my timing is off by 1/60th of a second and not a problem with the even/odd delays on my cart? confusing, i know :P

well im going for seed 6f1601fd but ive gotten seed 6f1601fc multiple times. RNG Reporter says that theyre both on delay 498 for 1/1/2010 22:51:59. in that case, wouldnt it just be that my timing is off by 1/60th of a second and not a problem with the even/odd delays on my cart? confusing, i know :P
Really? When I plugged 6f1601fd in the RNG reporter, I got a delay of 499. Are you sure?

Really? When I plugged 6f1601fd in the RNG reporter, I got a delay of 499. Are you sure?
ohhh man so sorry, i meant 2011 for the year :P
fake years can get confusing sometimes......
so in that case, am i just getting unlucky and missing my frame by 1/60th?

ohhh man so sorry, i meant 2011 for the year :P
fake years can get confusing sometimes......
so in that case, am i just getting unlucky and missing my frame by 1/60th?
Hm, since your delay is so low, I guess you are unable to do the scrolling technique I mentioned earlier. I suggest that either continue what you are doing now or change it to another year (2009 or 2013) Good luck though, I had the same trouble when abusing my entei at the elite 4.

I'm finding something really weird with the RNG Reporter. Could someone try this?

Year: 2010
Month: 4
Second: 59
Min: 8
Max: 20

Stats: 31/31/31/NONE/31/31
Parent A: X/31/X/X/X/31
Parent B: X/31/31/X/X/31

Generate and find: B4050269 at frame 18

Now find 'adjacent spreads' and for the frame add min 0, max 30. Now the spread at this seed and frame is different and the one that I saw before is now frame 17.

I'm quite confused as I was breeding a scyther, aiming for frame 18. And instead of the flawless spread first shown, I got the 18/30/A/B/15/B spread.

Hit find 'adjacent spreads' to the same seed at frame 17 now (the flawless one) and leave the default frames given. The flawless spread is at frame 18 again (by flawless I mean would be flawless with the given parents).

Edit: This happens for the spread at 6E130267 too if you make the min/max frame 0/30. I may have just missed my frame, but why are the frames in the reporter not consistent?

Hm, since your delay is so low, I guess you are unable to do the scrolling technique I mentioned earlier. I suggest that either continue what you are doing now or change it to another year (2009 or 2013) Good luck though, I had the same trouble when abusing my entei at the elite 4.
thanks for both the help and positive reinforcement :) time for some sring!! btw, i checked out your youtube vid; nice! very interesting uu team/match! but i digress :P anyways, thank you!!!

Hey I've been studying the RNG guides for a few days now but i just cant make sense out of it all :S It's really confusing me but I'm really determined to learn how to RNG. I heard that tutors might be available. Would I be able to get a tutor to help with me with it please? :) Thank you in advance.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
You found an interesting bug. Putting a starting frame of zero is what causes it to happen. I will fix it, but in the meantime you can work around it by putting 1 in the starting frame and not zero.

Good find.

I'm finding something really weird with the RNG Reporter. Could someone try this?

Year: 2010
Month: 4
Second: 59
Min: 8
Max: 20

Stats: 31/31/31/NONE/31/31
Parent A: X/31/X/X/X/31
Parent B: X/31/31/X/X/31

Generate and find: B4050269 at frame 18

Now find 'adjacent spreads' and for the frame add min 0, max 30. Now the spread at this seed and frame is different and the one that I saw before is now frame 17.

I'm quite confused as I was breeding a scyther, aiming for frame 18. And instead of the flawless spread first shown, I got the 18/30/A/B/15/B spread.

Hit find 'adjacent spreads' to the same seed at frame 17 now (the flawless one) and leave the default frames given. The flawless spread is at frame 18 again (by flawless I mean would be flawless with the given parents).

Edit: This happens for the spread at 6E130267 too if you make the min/max frame 0/30. I may have just missed my frame, but why are the frames in the reporter not consistent?

hey guys I have a slight RNG concern. I have my PID generated via RNG (It's a shiny pokemon with a brave nature) for breeding, and I am currently attempting to verify my frame by mashing A through the intro, collecting the egg as soon as possible, then proceeding to catch a wild pokemon for my initial seed.

The problem I'm having is that the cowgirl will not cease to move no matter how quickly I mash A into the game to collect the egg. Is there a way to get her to stop or to delay her moving/turning, by changing year or some other way? Thanks.

Also, just to make sure, both her taking a step and turning count, correct? I get different frame results from either one happening, and thus far she consistently moves no matter what. If you guys know a way to collect a good IV egg even though she is moving that would help immensely. Thanks again if you can help.

just wait her to make her movement and save the game after that=]
How would that help?

Something of what I tried doing was letting her move and using the frame I got from the save despite her movement. It was 5. I tried locating a spread and getting to my target frame from that frame of 5 I had, and it didn't work. lol

i mean if you save the game the NPC will stop her movement and not move again for a while(at least that works Always for me)

And that won't affect the PID I generated earlier?

It would make sense for it not to be affected since it was prior generated, but I need to verify before screwing up this shiny. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)