Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I'm trying to catch a decently IV'd and HP Heatran. MY two concerns are:

-Should I approach this pokemon with any specific number of pokemon in my party?
-Since time and date need to be changed to hit your target time, the Journal will for sure pop up after pressing A on the Continue screen. WIll this Journal page affect my initial seed, or count towards the Journal flips that have to be done to hit your frame?

Thanks for your help

I'm trying to catch a decently IV'd and HP Heatran. MY two concerns are:

-Should I approach this pokemon with any specific number of pokemon in my party?
-Since time and date need to be changed to hit your target time, the Journal will for sure pop up after pressing A on the Continue screen. WIll this Journal page affect my initial seed, or count towards the Journal flips that have to be done to hit your frame?

Thanks for your help
I recommend five, as it can switch the frame from even/odd, and it leaves a free space in your party for fast confifming of your catch.

I've RNG'd several times now, but I always take forever landing on my delay. I usually hit 484 - 492 (on the evens). Sometimes I hit as low as 482 and as high as 496.

I found a seed with a delay at 484 so I tried to get it, ended up hitting 488, 492, and even 482.

So I switched to a seed with a delay at 488. Now I've hit 486, 490, 492, 494, 496. Is there any possible way to increase the likelihood of hitting the delay? Because this is getting tiresome.

Edit: I switched to a new seed with a delay of 494 and so far I've hit 488 three times, 490 twice, 492 four times and 500 once. I'm thinking about finding a new seed again.

Edit 2: Found a new seed with a delay of 492 and hit it on my first try :)

I recommend five, as it can switch the frame from even/odd, and it leaves a free space in your party for fast confifming of your catch.
Thanks! Will do.

Thanks! Will do.

The seed is already set in stone before the journal ever pops up, but yes it'll count towards the frame.

Is it usually this normal for many ID/SID combos to not produce the right nature/ability? I've tried about 5 and nothing yet. Just curious.

Opposite. I'm trying not to get a shiny.
I know that, you are using the same way, just not using the correct SID, it will still be the same pid, but since the sid doesn't match your real one it just wont be shiny.

I basically said that you failed to hit your seeds.

I'm sorry, but even after all the guide reading, I don't understand what pid means yet, so I'm a little thrown off here.

I need some serious help with RNGing for IVs. I've saved next to the daycare man who is currently holding my egg, then I reset, grab the egg as fast as I can and then go quickly catch a lvl 50 + pokemon to find my seed, then I go and click breeding dppt, and generate. After that I race around till my egg hatches and since I don't have an AR I feed it 50 rare candies and check it's IVs against the generated results, the past 3 times I did this I got Frame 4 each time so I figured the calibration phase was over and I could go on to trying to hit my time and delay.

So I found a spread with this information that looked promising:
Date: 2010-06-22
Time to Hit: 00:02:14
Delay:603
Frame:4

So I set my DS a minute before so it's 00:01:00, it's on the right date too, I reset grab the egg as fast as I can look for Adjacent results on the Time Finder, go to Search Flips and then do the required coin flips to see how far off I was or if I hit what I was trying to.

Now however, it keeps telling me I'm hitting a frame of 3! On top of that I decided just to double check if I was even really hitting the wrong frames by hatching the egg and then checking it's IVs after feeding it all my rare candies, and it's IVs don't even match with what my flip sequence is telling me it should be! So what the heck is happening,how am I messing everything up so badly and how can I fix it?

Need a little help with pikatimer.

I'm playing on Heart Gold. My usual seconds getting into the game was 14.

I was advised to use seconds that were identical to that.

So, I looked for a seed with a seconds value of 14, and 692 was my delay.

I keep making close to this delay value but never actually hit it, and believe me, I've been at this for hours.

In Pikatimer my calibrated delay is: 500
My Target Delay is 692.

My calibrated and target seconds are both 14.

I'm still not getting it!

I only make my seconds when I manage to press just after the last beep finishes rather than ON it. When I try to hit ON it, it doesn't match any of the Elm responses I enter.

It's really frustrating!

Can someone help me out please! >.> I obviously have no idea how to properly use pikatimer.

Just a note: I do actually enter the "other delay" when I'm getting pretty close.

If this is useful to anyone, here's the seed:
2B0F02BE
2010 7 04 15 delay:692

WOW! Why is everyone going for delays higher than their calibrated ones! If you can use your calibrated delay use it! It will be the easiest one for you to hit! Also your calibrated second might be a bit off and be in the high 13 seconds. Try putting it at 13.6 or something close and see how close you get to hitting your delay, because when I was hitting my delay I found out that the actual second I was hitting with a delay of 485 was close to around 13.26-13.33. Every 20 adds a .33 so I am assuming that you would be around 13.5-13.7.

WOW! Why is everyone going for delays higher than their calibrated ones! If you can use your calibrated delay use it! It will be the easiest one for you to hit! Also your calibrated second might be a bit off and be in the high 13 seconds. Try putting it at 13.6 or something close and see how close you get to hitting your delay, because when I was hitting my delay I found out that the actual second I was hitting with a delay of 485 was close to around 13.26-13.33. Every 20 adds a .33 so I am assuming that you would be around 13.5-13.7.
Ok, I thought doing delays close to your calibrated was a bad thing.

As per your advice, I took a delay of 517 instead and got it this time.

Thanks!

I was wondering does pikatimer mess up more if you use it on a slower computer? I'm thinking this might be why I can't hit my desired seed.

Hello,
I have recently been reading the guide on how to RNG abuse, and am a little confused.
I will list my questions in the order I think of them (lol), so sorry if there is a lot of jumping :p
1. After a brain fart on my part, after clearing my Plt. boxes, I deleted my game; problem was, I had found a random shiny -_-" (an onix).
I was wondering if there is an easy way to find a shiny, to find my SID, w/o use of AR ect.
However, I used to be quite skilled at chaining, if that helps.
2.How does calling Elm in HGSS verify the frame? Im not really getting the " (k SKIPED)E P K K E K E" thing, seen here.
3. I cant seem to find a tutorial for the Pandora's box function in RNG Reporter. Is there one?
4. On the delay value (such as 692): What measurement is that? (milliseconds, hexidermal, ect.?)

Thanks for the help!

Delay - Pikatimer

Hey guys having mad trouble hitting my delay, it's been all over the place for awhile now so I've finally been looking into Pikatimer.

Wanted to get abit advice, so I know Ill be doing this right. Basically I want to abuse for egg iv's - as my delay has been more up and down like a yo-yo my previous one was 602 with sometimes hitting 598 - so would I input then them in the box as follows? Then hit start on the AR screen after the 42.93 mark???

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Beeps on mah laptop aren't as timely as my desktop. Slower might be the problem.

wtb ipod app lol

@Akiratron
You really don't need any timer to hit your delay since it is so close to your calibrated. Just find a seed with the same wanted seconds as your calibrated and just reset at the XX:00.

You however don't need to find a different seed, it's just trying to follow beeps while tapping as fast as you normally can do is kinda mind bending. Just load it at 43, as you will hit your delay and seconds doesn't need to be spot on (second.00000)

Your delays and seconds are calibrated from the DS/AR menu, or from soft resetting, so do the same when you try to hit your delay/seed. Delay advances ~60 (30) times per second, hitting within 4 is a good try.

tldr
You'll hit your delay without pikatimer if you just reset/load at 43. Remember to have enough time to change the time and be able to reset/load for the correct time (seed).

@Jats605
1. If you deleted your save file, your ID/SID for that game is gone. There's a way to deduce it with a random encounter shiny, but the vast majority get someone to check it.
2. Every call to Elm follows a particular order determined by the seed. Skipped means that you have a roamer advancing that frame (which you checked). Depending on if your frame advanced between continuing and opening the caller, you may have advanced further on in the response list. In an area with no npcs moving, your responses should be those the RNG reporter tells you, if you hit your seed.
3. The majority of people don't use Pandora's Box. It's more for the really advanced RNGers. It was originally WildEep's IDFinder, so if you really are intent you can find something from that (here's one +vid)
4. Delay advances around 60 times per second. Decimal. PikaTimer does 0.33 seconds=20 delay.

I know that, you are using the same way, just not using the correct SID, it will still be the same pid, but since the sid doesn't match your real one it just wont be shiny.

I basically said that you failed to hit your seeds.
Again, I don't understand what PID is, but I have been using the coin flips to verify my seed, which I have been hitting. Can anyone else help me figure out why these random id/sid combos aren't getting me a non-shiny? And yes, I don't use any of my ID or SID if you were going to ask :p

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Again, I don't understand what PID is, but I have been using the coin flips to verify my seed, which I have been hitting. Can anyone else help me figure out why these random id/sid combos aren't getting me a non-shiny? And yes, I don't use any of my ID or SID if you were going to ask :p
why not use one of your ID/SID combos, if you trying to RNG on diamond then use your platinum ID/SID so when you hatch it on diamond it will be non-shiny or vice-versa since it looks like these random ID/SID aren't working for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)