Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
PID can be thought of as Personality ID (value). Read here. You probably are not hitting your seed or have moving NPCs advancing your frame.

ID in conjunction with your SID determines if the pokemon is shiny or not. You can't get a shiny using RNG without your SID. If you uncheck shiny only, you get nonshiny pokemon too! You prob did this :)

You mean use an actual ID/SID combo that's in actual existance, becasue the reporter might not be able to work with fake combos? Sounds like that could work.

Kaphotics, I know what a SID is, and I'm talking about the Shiny Egg tab for non- shiny egg abuse.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
PID can be thought of as Personality ID (value). Read here. You probably are not hitting your seed or have moving NPCs advancing your frame.

ID in conjunction with your SID determines if the pokemon is shiny or not. You can't get a shiny using RNG without your SID. If you uncheck shiny only, you get nonshiny pokemon too! You prob did this :)
moving NPCs don't affect the IRNG, which is what he is trying to manipulate.

You mean use an actual ID/SID combo that's in actual existance, becasue the reporter might not be able to work with fake combos? Sounds like that could work.
yes that's what I mean

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
You could probably just find your seed when getting in the game like you would in DPPt, and generate the breeding spread to find your desired nature/IV etc. Just call joey or reject eggs to advance it...

Okee, so I'm trying to re-release the birds.
I know that you kill two and leave one, beat the Elite 4 and then talk to Oak to have them re-released.
The guide says the two new one's will be re-released on frames 1 and 6.
How do I know which one is on which frame when re-released...?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okee, so I'm trying to re-release the birds.
I know that you kill two and leave one, beat the Elite 4 and then talk to Oak to have them re-released.
The guide says the two new one's will be re-released on frames 1 and 6.
How do I know which one is on which frame when re-released...?
here's a quote from the article
The remaining birds will be regenerated in the same order as they were originally (Moltres, Zapdos, and Articuno). If none were captured they will appear on Frames 1, 6, and 11. If one was captured the remaining birds will appear on Frames 1 and 6. If two were captured the remaining bird will appear on Frame 1.
so if you left moltres roaming for example then zapdos would appear on frame 1 and articuno on 6, if you left zapdos roaming then moltres would be one and articuno would be 6, and I think you get the point.

here's a quote from the article

so if you left moltres roaming for example then zapdos would appear on frame 1 and articuno on 6, if you left zapdos roaming then moltres would be one and articuno would be 6, and I think you get the point.
Ahhh...
Totally over-looked that :P
My bad.

This is kind of a simple question but I want to save myself the time from recalibrating...

I already calibrated for RNG'ing in Pearl but now I'm RNG'ing in Platinum. Should my time/delay be the same or do I need to recal.? I don't think this would be anywhere in a guide but someone's got to know from personal experience.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
you should recalibrate, better safe than sorry.

It only takes like 3 resets (if you do them well) for the lifetime that you play it to calibrate.

You could probably just find your seed when getting in the game like you would in DPPt, and generate the breeding spread to find your desired nature/IV etc. Just call joey or reject eggs to advance it...
I am using DPPt, and thanks Nexus, but that didn't work either. I guess I'll keep trying ID/SID combos.

Hmmm....
So I wanna get this really sweet spread for my Zapdos, but I've noticed that it's frame is hella high up there >.>
I'm going for Bold, 30/31/30/30/31/31, HP Grass 70.
This is the seed 800a0292 and it's on frame 13678.
I'm just curious if there's a way to change what frame it would appear on to something lower.
Does such a method exist?

Is that HGSS? First of all it will be a Method K pokemon if it is an a frame of 13000 is not as bad as you think. You can advance around 2500-3000 frames a minute under normal circumstances if you really try so you can probably get that frame in, what around 5-20 minutes?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
Hmmm....
So I wanna get this really sweet spread for my Zapdos, but I've noticed that it's frame is hella high up there >.>
I'm just curious if there's a way to change what frame it would appear on to something lower.
ok tell me can you hit high delays?

Hmmm....
Use PokéRNG and change the max/min delay to 600/10000 respectively and search for the exact same thing. You need to be able to hit high delays to lower the frame required. Use PikaTimer.

Not that anyone cares, but I forgot to put the international parents checkmark on, which was causing the problem all along. So clase closed

More high delay problems >.>
So I've got PikaTimer down pat and I moved all the values over to emloop (which doesn't lag, lol)
However, I'm always 6-7 seconds off of my target time o.O
What's the dilly?

If any of this info helps at all, here it is:
Seed: 3d070d74
Target Time: 7:40:15 (I'm always 6-7 seconds above)
Delay: 3434
First Timer: 72.80
Second Timer: 61.20
Minutes Before Target: 2

I've tried using PikaTimer to "fix" my delay so I can hit it, but I still have my 6-7 second problem o.O

i want to RNG zapdos in plat, i tried to read how but i got confused

so am i supposed to do the journal flips right after oak releases them or right beofre i talk to oak?

thanks

i want to RNG zapdos in plat, i tried to read how but i got confused

so am i supposed to do the journal flips right after oak releases them or right beofre i talk to oak?

thanks
Before you talk to oak...
As there Nature/IV's are set as soon as you talk to him
EDIT: Remember that if you have all three their monster frames are
Moltres 1
Zapdos 6
Articuno 11
But if you have already caught one the frames go in order still
(Ie say you caught Moltres, Zapdos's Monster Frame would be 1 and Articuno's 6)

So I got a shiny jolly spread for emerald mew for about 1.8 billion frames, any idea how to tackle it?

(I am using VBA + save states, being capped @ about 800% speed, which the math says about 39 days -.-)

Is there a way to RNG abuse the Sudowoodo in SS directly after the third badge?

I know I've found a good spread (Adamant, Rock Head,IVs: 31/31/31/x/30/0 - seed: f80204d0) but I can't check with the Elm caller since he's demanding to see my freshly hatched Togepi.

Any other way to check?

Was wondering if there was a proper guide or something of the sort to help me better understand how to hit high delays with pikatimer. As it is now, I can't hit anything much higher than about 50 from my calibrated delay.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
Is there a way to RNG abuse the Sudowoodo in SS directly after the third badge?

I know I've found a good spread (Adamant, Rock Head,IVs: 31/31/31/x/30/0 - seed: f80204d0) but I can't check with the Elm caller since he's demanding to see my freshly hatched Togepi.

Any other way to check?
here you go you can use Irwin calls to check as long as you call him on a day that he doesn't want a rematch the link is here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)