Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

hi. i've been putting my delays into the time finder but is there any other info i need to input to generate a seed??

i followed your info to the letter.
the reporter says E on the phone call but i always get K

I'm currently trying to get a PID/SID of 9618/29804 and just did my first run through creating a new game. When I put the PID I got (39609) into Wild Eep's ID Finder along with the other info (7/31/2010, 3:22:xx (08), min delay 5400 max 5600) I got an error:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Conversion from string "" to type 'UInteger' is not valid."

If I click continue, the program freezes.

What am I doing wrong?
Anyone?

hi. i've been putting my delays into the time finder but is there any other info i need to input to generate a seed??

i followed your info to the letter.
the reporter says E on the phone call but i always get K
What exactly are you trying to do? Breeding or capture?

I did not write anything about using Time Finder to generate a capture seed, just for breeding. I use PokeRNG to generate capture seeds. It's faster.

Osthato: You might have better luck using Pandora's Box on RNG Reporter. It has everything from Wichu's program incorporated into it, I believe.

Well, there is a guide for it, so read that. Make sure you enter in your SID and OT and answer yes to shiny when it asks. Do not go for a perfect spread. Do not enter in a nature yet. What you want to do first is just ask for shiny and then see what might be available on your game. Do not ask for exact IVs.

Enter for stats 28 0 28 0 28 28

Enter 500 for minimum, 9999 for maximum delay and wait for the txt file to get generated and then take a look at the results. If you are lucky, you will find a nature with a spread that's semi-decent to decent for that nature. If you're unlucky, then you'll have to content yourself to breeding shinies, because you may not have a decent shiny spread on your game for catching.

my best spread is

PID: 246e7af7 (MODEST, ability 1) 31/27/31/16/30/29 (Seed: 03160b73 Method 1: 80, J (synch): 49, J (no synch): 61, K (synch): 49, K (no synch): None) HP GROUND 54

So, I hit the right seed [finally], and used the roamer method to check (They were all in the routes that the seed said they should be in).

I went back in RNG Reporter and found my frame [42], Changed max results to 41... Skipped the first 4 calls like it told me to... And my Elm calls didn't match. :s I should have gotten P K P P I got P K E E -_-

Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong? I'm RNGing an Hp Elec Egg in SS. The desired frame is 14

I collect the egg the first time on the chosen seed, after calling Elm 11x to advance frame/check seed, and it advances 4 instead of 3. So I try again, hitting the same seed, but collect the egg one frame earlier. It advanced it by 16

I've defeated every person on route 34, so no one's moving or even turning. And Cameron the Photographer is thankfully not there.

Can someone help me out here?

I'm trying to catch something on Route 210-North in Platinum (the one you have to use defog on), but something keeps advancing my frame. I have battled all NPCs except one, who I am standing next to so I can track his movements. I have looked around multiple times to make sure I have battled all the NPCs. My frame has advanced by 4 and 6 more than I intended on the two times I have tried. Anyone have any help/advice they could give? Maybe whip out their DS and try it themselves or something?

Okay so my target frame is 83, which means that I start on frame 1, and it advances the frame by 1 when I talk to Ho-Ho, so I should call Elm 81 times then correct?

Phallylapper: You should use radio method to advance your frame a bit before doing elm calls, but elm calls are the safest way. In the main window of RNG reporter, just clear everything out except your seed and hit generate. From there, match the elm calls and go down the list highlighting where you're at. Much simpler and chances of making a mistake decreases drastically :)

Despotar, you've been to Kanto and you've had something with Pokerus, right? In that case, yes, you can RNG just fine. Roamers advance the frame, but you can just look at the 3rd or 4th Elm Call on your delay, skipping the first few.

Diesel, I don't know much about DPPt RNG, but it could be the fog or roamers?

Reaga, there's an NPC in the grass above the daycare that sometimes advances the frame.

Phallylapper, just keep RNG Reporter open and press the down arrow every time you click "Call" on your DS. Make the last call the frame before your spread. You should be calling Elm 82 times total.

Phallylapper: You should use radio method to advance your frame a bit before doing elm calls, but elm calls are the safest way. In the main window of RNG reporter, just clear everything out except your seed and hit generate. From there, match the elm calls and go down the list highlighting where you're at. Much simpler and chances of making a mistake decreases drastically :)
Oh okay yeah I have been doing that lol. But am I right with the math?

Are you sure because I'm in the same spot as Despotar, but I finished off all the roamers except Latios. So it won't make a difference and throw anything off?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)