Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

hi guys
i still cannot hit my initial seed
i have set my time and date to the syncro time and reset 3 times (once on time, once one sec past, and 1 sec before.) none worked. why?

When are the IVs/Nature set for Dialga/Palkia/Giratina in the HGSS event with Arceus? It appears as though I can use Elm calls while on the platform, just 1 step away from activating the cut scene, but I just want to make sure I don't mess myself up by saving this close.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
When are the IVs/Nature set for Dialga/Palkia/Giratina in the HGSS event with Arceus? It appears as though I can use Elm calls while on the platform, just 1 step away from activating the cut scene, but I just want to make sure I don't mess myself up by saving this close.
right after the the whole cutsecene and you receive the legendary its IVs/nature are determined, so feel free to save as close as you want to the circles

Alright, simple question. Is there anywhere I can check whether an ability is Ability 0 or Ability 1. Smogon and Bulbapedia list them in opposite order and don't mention whether it's 0 or 1. With Riolu Bulbapedia was right, too bad for me since I looked it up on Smogon first.

Alright, simple question. Is there anywhere I can check whether an ability is Ability 0 or Ability 1. Smogon and Bulbapedia list them in opposite order and don't mention whether it's 0 or 1. With Riolu Bulbapedia was right, too bad for me since I looked it up on Smogon first.
You can verify what ability is 0 or 1 in the Dex/IV check part of the RNG.

What are the lowest frames available for flawless physical and flawless special WonderCard spreads? I know I've found WonderCard spreads before at lower frames (but higher delays) than the ones listed in the guide.

What are the lowest frames available for flawless physical and flawless special WonderCard spreads? I know I've found WonderCard spreads before at lower frames (but higher delays) than the ones listed in the guide.
These two seeds gives you flawless IVs with a method 1 frame of 114:

d2140289

I've used them for the recent gift Jirachi.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
here's a better one seed FB100958 gives you a frame of 26 (24 for method 1) using the wonder card IVs option and has a decent delay of 2382 for the year 2010
EDIT: purely special this one's pretty good 2A1107C0 only a frame of 5 (Wonder Card IVs as the method)

Add a minute to your DS Clock. If you're on 1:10, start on 1:11 instead. Don't touch Pikatimer. Your seed will remain the same, and you should hit :50. When advancing your time by one minute, it adds a second when you enter the game world. Try adding a minute every time you don't hit :50.
Thank you for helping.

My target time is 1:10:50 though, wouldn't setting the time to 1:11 make me miss my seed entirely? You mention my seed will remain the same, so I'm gonna try this method out tomorrow. :)

BTW Riski, your guide really helped me, before reading it I was getting delays all over the map lol. Now my data is a lot more consistent. I think once I do what Roz said, I'll finally get my seed~

Yes, I believe so...but I believe I read somewhere that it can vary even more. Since there could be an advancement for the NPC to "not move" in that frame. Basically in an area with a lot of NPC movement, you calibrate your frame. In an area with one...it should be fine to stick with what you have and calibrate along the way ^^

After some research, here are the flawless WonderCard spreads I found with the lowest frame:

fully-flawless:
seed FB100958, frame 26, delay of 2382 for 2010

flawless physical:
seed 48080A94, frame 7, delay of 2698 for 2010 (31/31/31/30/31/31)

flawless special:
seed E30D0A0E, frame 4, delay of 2564 for 2010 (31/14/31/31/31/31)
seed 2A1107C0, frame 5, delay of 1974 for 2010 (31/17/31/31/31/31)

I listed two spreads for flawless special since while the first has a slightly lower frame, it has a somewhat higher delay (about an extra 9.8 seconds of waiting at the menu), and having an odd spread and an even spread may be useful to people who are playing D/P/Pt and have roamers out.

Riiight. Um, I'm about to RNG for Jirachi. Wish me luck. Anything I need to know? I believe that I can't control the nature with Wondercard pokemon? Does that mean I need to do it over and over again? Or is there a trick to determining the nature?

XD - sorries to disappoint. If you're doing it on HG/SS though, I hear Cerulean pokemart has no moving NPC to mess with you even more, lol.

Really? Damn, I'm doing it on platinum. But I have the same wondercard on my retail SS too, so I might try that one out too if I have no luck.

Really? Damn, I'm doing it on platinum. But I have the same wondercard on my retail SS too, so I might try that one out too if I have no luck.
In my opinion, it is MUCH easier to RNG for a WonderCard on HG/SS than on Platinum (and D/P is even worse than Platinum since it doesn't consistently hit strictly odd or strictly even delays). The main reason for this is that due to the lack of moving NPCs in the Cerulean Mart, you can safely verify your seed before having to advance the frame and collect your Pokémon. You can do this with the roamer method. Save in the Cerulean City Poké Mart (taking note of the location of the roamers upon saving), load the game, and check the map. Since there are no moving NPCs in there, you don't need to rush. You'll instantly know if you've hit your seed. If you wanted to check your seed first thing in D/P/Pt, you'd have to load the game, tap the Coin Flip app ASAP, open the menu ASAP to keep the NPC from moving while you await the result of the coin, close the menu and tap the Coin Flip app ASAP, open the menu ASAP as the second coin flips, etc., which is a pain, and there is certainly a chance that the NPC will begin to move during one of those very short periods of time spent outside of the menu. Instead of doing this, most people cause the Journal to auto-appear when loading the game, and perform the necessary number of page flips every single time they load the game. After closing the Journal, they talk to the delivery man ASAP to collect the Pokémon, and THEN they check to see if they got their desired result, either by examining the Pokémon's stats or using the Coin Flip app. If you're aiming for a high frame, having to advance it on every single attempt is VERY time-consuming, and with HG/SS, you only have to advance the frame if you know you have in fact hit your seed. Remember that even once you DO hit your seed, there's only a 1/25 chance that you'll get the right nature (assuming you're only looking for 1 specific nature), so it will usually take a very long time either way.

BTW, I made a post about WonderCard PIDs in the RNG Research thread if anyone is interested.

In my opinion, it is MUCH easier to RNG for a WonderCard on HG/SS than on Platinum (and D/P is even worse than Platinum since it doesn't consistently hit strictly odd or strictly even delays). The main reason for this is that due to the lack of moving NPCs in the Cerulean Mart, you can safely verify your seed before having to advance the frame and collect your Pokémon. You can do this with the roamer method. Save in the Cerulean City Poké Mart (taking note of the location of the roamers upon saving), load the game, and check the map. Since there are no moving NPCs in there, you don't need to rush. You'll instantly know if you've hit your seed. If you wanted to check your seed first thing in D/P/Pt, you'd have to load the game, tap the Coin Flip app ASAP, open the menu ASAP to keep the NPC from moving while you await the result of the coin, close the menu and tap the Coin Flip app ASAP, open the menu ASAP as the second coin flips, etc., which is a pain, and there is certainly a chance that the NPC will begin to move during one of those very short periods of time spent outside of the menu. Instead of doing this, most people cause the Journal to auto-appear when loading the game, and perform the necessary number of page flips every single time they load the game. After closing the Journal, they talk to the delivery man ASAP to collect the Pokémon, and THEN they check to see if they got their desired result, either by examining the Pokémon's stats or using the Coin Flip app. If you're aiming for a high frame, having to advance it on every single attempt is VERY time-consuming, and with HG/SS, you only have to advance the frame if you know you have in fact hit your seed. Remember that even once you DO hit your seed, there's only a 1/25 chance that you'll get the right nature (assuming you're only looking for 1 specific nature), so it will usually take a very long time either way.

BTW, I made a post about WonderCard PIDs in the RNG Research thread if anyone is interested.
Well, I'll try dumping my retail cards save so that I can use it on my flashcart. I don't really feel like going through the WHOLE game again on the flashcart especially when the event is already over. >.> I suppose I could do it on the actual retail card too... But I like the convenience of having everything on the card.

I just started to RNG Abuse and shiny egg is no problem for me. Now I want to start abusing IV's. I did some soft-resets to calibrate and these are my results:

Code:
Seconds: 14
Delay Range: 599 - 611
I only did 5 calcs, but they are all close to eachother. Are these good results?

Well, I'll try dumping my retail cards save so that I can use it on my flashcart. I don't really feel like going through the WHOLE game again on the flashcart especially when the event is already over. >.> I suppose I could do it on the actual retail card too... But I like the convenience of having everything on the card.
Quick note, you don't want to mention a flash cart, you aren't confessing to a cop...

I wanna RNG me a Jirachi but how does RNGing WonderCards work? I tried learning how to for egg hatching but it was really complicated and the instructions weren't clear for some parts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 19)