Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

ummm the stats judge tells me that my pokemon has relatively superior potential which means i got the thread wrong if i wanted it flawless correct? it does say that 3/4 of his stats can't be better though...
The easiest way to do this correctly is to verify your seed with 4-5 calls, then exit Seed to Time. Then find the last call you made and keep track of the frames as you call, one at a time.

Collecting the egg doesnt advance the frame. All my pokemon were stopped on a frame before my target so that means im right or I cant count and I doubt its the latter.
Exactly, you stop on the frame before your target, hence if you stop on frame 9 if your target is 10. Hence the egg IVs are generated on the NEXT frame. If he called 9 times, he's not on frame 9, he's on frame 10. In which it is too late to stop one frame before his target. Just think about it.

i thought i talked to the man immediately...how could a npc mess it up...
Its not hard to get the egg before the NPC advanced the frame, so unless you're very slow I doubt this is your problem. Check to make sure that your pokemon's IVs are the ones on frame 11 of your seed. Make sure you stop on FRAME 9, don't call more than 8 times. Even better don't track the number of times you called, track the frame you're on each time.

Exactly, you stop on the frame before your target, hence if you stop on frame 9 if your target is 10. Hence the egg IVs are generated on the NEXT frame. If he called 9 times, he's not on frame 9, he's on frame 10. In which it is too late to stop one frame before his target. Just think about it.
So your saying he needs to call 8 times? << That is wrong.Calling 9 times would bring you to frame 10. Picking up the egg doesnt advance the frame so that means its still on frame 10. I dont see where you get 11.

So your saying he needs to call 8 times? << That is wrong.Calling 9 times would bring you to frame 10. Picking up the egg doesnt advance the frame so that means its still on frame 10. I dont see where you get 11.
No it is not. You start on frame 1. You call 8 times. 1 + 8 = 9 ... you agree that you stop one frame before your target right? So obviously you stop on 9.

Zack, the number of times you call is not equal to the frame you are on. He said he called 9 times, so he can't be on frame 9.

@ Sam, type in your seed in the RNG reporter and clikc generate with the Method being Egg IVs in HGSS. You can see your target on frame 10. Next time you hit your seed, follow the responses. Can you give me the seed?

Quote from her guide

Ok, so you're just trying to hit your seed again, but this time, when you do hit it, you do what Pehu says up there. If you have a frame of 15, you match the calls until frame 14 and get out of Pokegear and start talking to the Daycare man as fast as you can.

Samster, I think this will help you. Your frame is 10. Let's say the frames and Elm calls are like this:
5 E
6 P
7 E
8 K
9 K
10 P
11 P

When you're calling, only call up to the second K. For this example, the last calls you would make would be E P E K K, then you would immediately talk to the daycare man, who will have the frame 10 spread.

Samster, I think this will help you. Your frame is 10. Let's say the frames and Elm calls are like this:
5 E
6 P
7 E
8 K
9 K
10 P
11 P

When you're calling, only call up to the second K. For this example, the last calls you would make would be E P E K K, then you would immediately talk to the daycare man, who will have the frame 10 spread.
Thats what im saying.

EDIT: though this is a lot simpler...

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
For Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza: walking in and out of the Embedded Tower advances the RNG by 1 each time.
I don't have to worry about this if I saved in front of Kyogre right? Since I'm still able to call Elm and I can still use the radio.

5 E
6 P
7 E
8 K
9 K
10 P
11 P

so make four calls Ill be on frame 5 correct? the fifth call will be the fifth response and ill now be on frame 6 the 6th call will be frame 7 the 7th call will be frame 8 9th call frame 9 and then exit and pick up egg...is this what i need to do?

so make four calls Ill be on frame 5 correct? the fifth call will be the fifth response and ill now be on frame 6 the 6th call will be frame 7 the 7th call will be frame 8 9th call frame 9 and then exit and pick up egg...is this what i need to do?
Just put your seed into the Seed (Hex) box, go to Breeding (HGSS), and click Generate. Then you can just follow the frames and match them up with the Elm calls.

When I go capture a Pokemon, can I use a spread and seed from here to work with?
Not really because you don't know what nature that spread comes with, and it's more than likely one you won't want. There's a couple of links on the first page that have some good spreads that you can use.

EDIT: Nevermind, the spreads you can use can be found in the first post at the very bottom of the How to Capture Perfect Pokemon guide. You can also use Wichu's PokeRNG too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 20)