Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

ok a couple of questions. i am using pika timer now

for calibrated delay i left it as 600 (like instructions said)
my wanted delay is 628
calibrated second is left at 14 (like instructions said)
wanted second i used 14 because that's the second i need to hit in my target time (7:00:14). is that 14 sec right?

all right now when i hit continue on the game i get the journal. now the first page says i captured a pokemon. does that mean my frame is automatically advanced by 2?

my current frame is 5 and my target frame is also 5
so. . .
5-5 = 0
0/2 = 0

meaning i should not do any journal flips right?

someone? anyone? help?

ok a couple of questions. i am using pika timer now

for calibrated delay i left it as 600 (like instructions said)
my wanted delay is 628
calibrated second is left at 14 (like instructions said)
wanted second i used 14 because that's the second i need to hit in my target time (7:00:14). is that 14 sec right?

all right now when i hit continue on the game i get the journal. now the first page says i captured a pokemon. does that mean my frame is automatically advanced by 2?

my current frame is 5 and my target frame is also 5
so. . .
5-5 = 0
0/2 = 0

meaning i should not do any journal flips right?

someone? anyone? help?
first off
is 600 your calibrated delay and 14 is your calibrated seconds?
the delay and second you got during your initial calibrations

also are your trying to capture a pokemon or are you breeding?

Edit
Im taking a guess your breeding
In that cause when the journal pop up your frame will or should advance by 2 because it have captured/defeated pokemon
(again this is debateable)
. So your frame may be 7 when you collect the egg because of the journal

Why won't the RNG reporter let me check the delays of the wrong suicune I've got? And am I using the right time and date to get the suicune?

i am breeding on DIAMOND

i don't know my calibrated delay to the exact number. it's usually in the 620s and a few times on the 630s

i left the calibrated delay as 600 because the instructions on the first page on "how to use pikatimer" said to leave that as 600

but im pretty sure my calibrated seconds is 14;even if it wasn't i would've left it like that because the instructions on the first page on "how to use pikatimer" said to leave that as 14

i am breeding on DIAMOND

i don't know my calibrated delay to the exact number. it's usually in the 620s and a few times on the 630s

i left the calibrated delay as 600 because the instructions on the first page on "how to use pikatimer" said to leave that as 600

but im pretty sure my calibrated seconds is 14;even if it wasn't i would've left it like that because the instructions on the first page on "how to use pikatimer" said to leave that as 14
You can do leave the delay as it is now but it may cause you trouble in the future because it not your exact calibrated delay.

Since I know my diamond delay is 620-630 If I input a delay of 600 as my calibrated delay, the delay I hit may be below my wanted delay.

But as for know you can keep it (although I recommend you to find your calibrated delay afterwards and your that)

but that said

As I said in the previous post, your frame may jump to 7 because of the first page.
*It is debateable, Minigot says dont count the delay but other do count it

@Diabolico
Are you seed-to-time functions and checking the delay before you try to rng suicune?

i am breeding on DIAMOND

If you often get 630 for your usual calibrated delay, you can miss getting into the game for a target of 628. You should set Pikatimer to your maximum calibrated delay for this reason. Edit: and you should choose targets higher than 630.

You can leave the calibrated seconds at 14, but be aware that if your usual calibrated seconds are really 13, or even 15, you will need to adjust your DS minutes up or down accordingly every time you do an RNG. One minute on the DS results in a one second change getting in the game.

all right so since i know my delay is most of the time from the 620-630s should i put 620 in calibrated seconds?

and is the time i mentioned i put on my wanted second box correct?

I'm having trouble with Pikatimer and RNGReporter, so I think I'm doing something wrong.

So let's say I set my target time for 11:30:15 and I'm catching a wild Poke. I change my DS clock to 11:29:00 completely. When I set the time, I also set the first timer on Pikatimer to 60 seconds (and my second timer is 15 seconds). Right when I set the clock, I also press Start on Pikatimer. I wait until the first timer passes by, then when the first timer hits 0, I launch the game. I get to the continue screen and hit continue right when the second timer reaches 0. I search for a Pokemon, catch it, and put the stats on RNGReporter (also I put in the time I entered the game). After I set up the stats and everything in the "Seed to Stats" tab, I click "Find", and it usually comes up with one or two matches, but both of the matches either say 495 delay and 1 second or 650 delay and 22 seconds (I'm hitting the HG/SS button to make sure it gives me HG/SS results too).

What am I doing wrong? I'm putting in all the correct data, and was able to get 501 delay with 15 seconds with ease, but that changed completely. :/

Grr, I can't believe how much frustration I'm having with this. I was doing fine yesterday, but continuous efforts and I can't get it down right.

Is there an RNG reporter that works for HG/SS? Because I don't think the one I'm using is design to help figure out the delays for the pokemon on HG/SS.

all right so since i know my delay is most of the time from the 620-630s should i put 620 in calibrated seconds?

and is the time i mentioned i put on my wanted second box correct?
If your pretty sure it was 620 then yes you can put 620 as the calibrated delay

You may want to try both ways to see what works for you.

As for the seconds yes your wanted seconds is 14 and your calibrated should should be 14(typical seconds for Dppt)

@Diabolico
RNGReporter 8.10 up works with HG/SS

ok thank you. i'll try both ways (600 and with 620)

last thing, for the other delay box i put the delay of the seed i hit instead of the one i was aiming for right?

ok thank you. i'll try both ways (600 and with 620)

last thing, for the other delay box i put the delay of the seed i hit instead of the one i was aiming for right?
Only input that delay if you hit it consecutively. If you Try to update your delay because you miss your delay once, you could wind up far from your target delay

Are these the right Calibrated delays and seconds to put with the wanted delays and seconds:

calibrated Delays: 600
Wanted Delays: 2698

Calibrated Seconds: 14
Wanted seconds: 14

First timer: 85.03
Second timer: 49.12

Minutes before the target: 2

Updates: Total Changes: 9

I think, if I remember correctly, you want the delays given to your from RNG to be the "wanted delays", and you want the seconds of the seed you are trying to hit to be "wanted seconds".

I still have one question though, having trouble calibrating for some reason:

Ragnar said:
I'm having trouble with Pikatimer and RNGReporter, so I think I'm doing something wrong.

So let's say I set my target time for 11:30:15 and I'm catching a wild Poke. I change my DS clock to 11:29:00 completely. When I set the time, I also set the first timer on Pikatimer to 60 seconds (and my second timer is 15 seconds). Right when I set the clock, I also press Start on Pikatimer. I wait until the first timer passes by, then when the first timer hits 0, I launch the game. I get to the continue screen and hit continue right when the second timer reaches 0. I search for a Pokemon, catch it, and put the stats on RNGReporter (also I put in the time I entered the game). After I set up the stats and everything in the "Seed to Stats" tab, I click "Find", and it usually comes up with one or two matches, but both of the matches either say 495 delay and 1 second or 650 delay and 22 seconds (I'm hitting the HG/SS button to make sure it gives me HG/SS results too).

What am I doing wrong? I'm putting in all the correct data, and was able to get 501 delay with 15 seconds with ease, but that changed completely. :/

I think, if I remember correctly, you want the delays given to your from RNG to be the "wanted delays", and you want the seconds of the seed you are trying to hit to be "wanted seconds".
Well.... yes, the delays that I need are 2698 and the seconds that I'm supposed to hit are 14.

Raikou was suppose to be in R:44
My time and date are supposed to be 05/26/2010 and 08:56:14
C8080A94
Frames: 4
IV's: 31/31/31/30/31/31

EDIT: and plus, my catch rate code is not working for me. =/

Hey guys. I started to RNG abuse about two weeks ago (a user named Buba has helped me a alot, and I'm very grateful to him). I have only RNG'd legendaries in Platinum, actually I catched all 18 legendaries of Platinum with perfect IV's (with the exception of things like Pokemon with a specific Hidden Power). Yesterday I started to RNG Jirachi (it's the SMR2010 Jirachi with Draco Meteor, haven't picked it up yet from the Delivery Man). I'm trying to get a Timid Jirachi with Hidden Power Ground 70, but for some reason it's IV's are completely random every time.

I use the seed 5c160382 and my target frame is 46. As far as I'm concerned, I do everything correctly: I use Method 1, there is one legendary Pokemon roaming at the moment in my save (Mesprit to be accurate), my journal pops up immediately when I press "continue save", there is only one wandering NPC in the Pokemart I'm in (Jubilife City), I pick up Jirachi immediately after closing the Journal (I've saved the game right in front of the Delivery Man) and I do the Journal Flips (22) immediately when I hit "continue save". I've gotten the right delay for this something like 10 times but every time Jirachi's IV's are completely random. Could someone please help me with this one?

I maipulated my ID by 00000 and now I can`t search for shiny spreads. When I put in my ID and my SID the RNG Reporter didn´t find anything. What can I do?

One other question: If I'm catching Groudon, Kyogre, or Rayquaza, and their monster frame is 1, and I need the frame to be 100, I advance the frame 99 times?

Or are they considered wandering Pokemon? Because if they are I need to jump the frame 98 times.

If keep hitting two different delays that are higher than the delay that I'm trying to hit over and over again, which one do I use to adjust the pikatimer?

Wanted Delay: 1208

Two delays that I keep hitting:

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If keep hitting two different delays that are higher than the delay that I'm trying to hit over and over again, which one do I use to adjust the pikatimer?

Wanted Delay: 1208

Two delays that I keep hitting:
they're so close that it doesn't matter which one you use, you're bound to get it eventually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)