Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I dont even know how to make adjustments...
Well if you are that close, you can't make very many conscious adjustments. The time difference between a delay of 600 and 602 is too small to intentionally wait a little longer.

If you, for example, are hitting 602 with a target of 600 though, you could either a) just keep repeating the process the exact same way, eventually you are bound to be slightly faster or b) adjust the timer by inputting the 602 delay you are hitting, that will decrease the length of the second timer slightly. In pikatimer you use the 'update' box to do that. If you are using another timer, I'm not sure.

If you are using the button mash method instead of a timer, it's all trial and error, just keep going.

Well if you are that close, you can't make very many conscious adjustments. The time difference between a delay of 600 and 602 is too small to intentionally wait a little longer.

If you, for example, are hitting 602 with a target of 600 though, you could either a) just keep repeating the process the exact same way, eventually you are bound to be slightly faster or b) adjust the timer by inputting the 602 delay you are hitting, that will decrease the length of the second timer slightly. In pikatimer you use the 'update' box to do that. If you are using another timer, I'm not sure.

If you are using the button mash method instead of a timer, it's all trial and error, just keep going.
Thank you :)

Well, I've completely given up. No matter what, I'm not able to IV RNG in Pearl or DP. It's like the game doesn't want me to RNG. I took a long break from Pokemon and I'm back. Now, I plan on starting to IV RNG ALL over again. That means I need someone to lead me through it step by step, whether I already know how to do specific parts or not. I need help. I really do. Is anyone willing? v.v
IV manipulation is the singular reason why RNG in DPPt is atrocious compared to HGSS. There are about 6 NPCs that constantly roam, making your window to grab the egg extremely small.

My best suggestions:

1) Low frame number - this should be obvious, but sometimes odd/even makes this a bear
2) Save timing window - try and time your save to immediately after the visible NPCs make a move. Do your best to get a good grouping of movements
3) Journal on game entry - Save your game in such a way (date/time) that the journal WILL pop before the game world loads. I typically always know exactly what page will be popping up as well
4) Troubleshooting - if you swear up and down that you've done everything right, a single piece of data is probably wrong. Double-check your roamers, your seed, odd/even delay, timer, journal flips calculations, everything
5) Path of least resistance - Trade your pokes over to HGSS and RNG breed there

Hope any of these suggestions help.

Hey, guys.

About using the radio to advance frame in HG, is there any conceivable way that I can prevent Buena's Password from utterly disrupting this process? It seems like no matter which time I start the game her show is always on. I even started at a time earlier than my target, went to Goldenrod and guessed the password, then saved in the Embedded Tower, shut of my DS, and then advanced to the correct time. THE SHOW IS STILL FREAKING ON!

She is actively sabotaging the most reliable radio frame advancement that I have access to.

Hey, guys.

About using the radio to advance frame in HG, is there any conceivable way that I can prevent Buena's Password from utterly disrupting this process? It seems like no matter which time I start the game her show is always on. I even started at a time earlier than my target, went to Goldenrod and guessed the password, then saved in the Embedded Tower, shut of my DS, and then advanced to the correct time. THE SHOW IS STILL FREAKING ON!

She is actively sabotaging the most reliable radio frame advancement that I have access to.
Uh, change the time to one minute before the next HOUR
Not one hour before the next day, the next hour will not advance the frame
And it will change the radio show.
If your day ends, it will advance the frame.

Oh, cool, thanks. I'll have to keep that in mind for future attempts. Can't do it now 'cause I just hit my seed and I'm trying to catch Rayquaza in a Dusk Ball. Failed twice already because of freaking Outrage and confusion. He figures that all he has to do is not get caught, even if he KO's himself. That's some Sun Tzu shit right there.

Oh, that's right! Holy crap, I hadn't thought of that!

Greatly timed, too, because I just failed at it again. He hurt himself to death. Freaking Gengar constantly missing with Hypnosis. Even with Wide Lens, that move is so unreliable. I should train up my Darkrai.

Yeah, but I'd still have to level it up like crazy. Or take it in my Pokewalker and wear it to work.

Hell with it, I'll just train up a Breloom.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm trying to get seeds for the IVs, but no matter what date I put in, it doesn't work.
The basic inheritance mechanics of pokemon are that a maximum of three stats may be inherited and a minimum of one may be passed on (it's actually the same one, just three times). So basically if you want flawless IVs you will need a parent with at least three flawless IVs to pass on, or two parents with an aggregate three IVs to pass on, leaving the remaining IVs to be randomly generated.

Flash Cart, Legit?

Are pokemon bred on a flash cart using RNG considered legit. No AR codes or anything, just the fact that it's a flash cart.

Can anyone explain to me how to RNG abuse pokewalker pokemon, or better still, redirect me to a good guide/explanation?
And also the same about how to RNG abuse using encounter slots for wild pokemon?

Just need something to explain the steps of what i must do etc.
I'm familiar with the stationary method K and method 1 gift pokemon RNG abusing

thanks.

Hello, Smogon. Just want to clarify something...where the hell is Mt. Silver 3F? I know how to RNG in SS and have done it a half-dozen times, but I'm in 3F (according to this site) and I'm hitting the right delay, frame, and IVs...but the pokemon is wrong. I keep getting a Quagsire instead of the desired Pupitar. Are the encounter slot codes on eggmove.com that are linked to via RNG Reporter 100% accurate? Sweet Scent on Frame 317 is supposed to be Encounter Slot 6, which is a Pupitar. Here is my information:

SEED: 1A0F03A1
FRAME: 317

I Sweet Scented on Frame 315 inside of Mt. Silver 3F. The only reason I can think of that it didn't work would be if each winding section was counted as a different floor and that Psypokes' depiction isn't 100% accurate...either that, or I'm sweet scenting on the wrong frame.

EDIT: Did this another time on a different "tier" of Mt. Silver 3F but got the same result - male quagsire with the IVs I want. Either Eggmove.com is inaccurate, RNG reporter is inaccurate, or my frames go advanced all the way to Frame 325 or above (no roaming legendaries) twice in a row. Help would be much appreciated :)

Hello, Smogon. Just want to clarify something...where the hell is Mt. Silver 3F? I know how to RNG in SS and have done it a half-dozen times, but I'm in 3F (according to this site) and I'm hitting the right delay, frame, and IVs...but the pokemon is wrong. I keep getting a Quagsire instead of the desired Pupitar. Are the encounter slot codes on eggmove.com that are linked to via RNG Reporter 100% accurate? Sweet Scent on Frame 317 is supposed to be Encounter Slot 6, which is a Pupitar. Here is my information:

SEED: 1A0F03A1
FRAME: 317

I Sweet Scented on Frame 315 inside of Mt. Silver 3F. The only reason I can think of that it didn't work would be if each winding section was counted as a different floor and that Psypokes' depiction isn't 100% accurate...either that, or I'm sweet scenting on the wrong frame.

EDIT: Did this another time on a different "tier" of Mt. Silver 3F but got the same result - male quagsire with the IVs I want. Either Eggmove.com is inaccurate, RNG reporter is inaccurate, or my frames go advanced all the way to Frame 325 or above (no roaming legendaries) twice in a row. Help would be much appreciated :)
The encounter slots for inside Mt Silver are wrong. I had a very similar problem when going after Misdreavus. Your best bet is to test out the different areas to see which one has the Larvitars you want. I believe the Encounter slots list Misdreavus on 1F, but I found her on what the map says is 3F. Sorry for the bad news, it'd be great if someone could fix this...

new page I really need this answer
stop advancement 10 frames below your target frame
considered you monster frame
turn on the pokeflute station
then use elm/irwin calls so that your 1 frame away from snorlax
then battle snorlax

To your question
either 0 or 1 (give or take npc)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)