Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sigh..... Darn it. Then how do I find out which frame of my target seed is gonna make my target pokemon (seedot) appear?

trial and error, unfortunalty, although I did read someone decrypted the encounterslots for it somewhere.

at least I did all mine with trial and error

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
well, what I did to get my burmies in HG was pick a seed, then try all the possible frames that give the wanted spread, and hope for the best to have it pop up.
if not, next frame that has desired spread until you either get it, or the spread does not have the right frames and you need to get a different seed.

well, what I did to get my burmies in HG was pick a seed, then try all the possible frames that give the wanted spread, and hope for the best to have it pop up.
if not, next frame that has desired spread until you either get it, or the spread does not have the right frames and you need to get a different seed.

okay. Thank you.

I wanted to thank everyone for their help, I caught a perfect Kyogre yesterday on my first try with PokeRNG.

Now I'm going after a perfect, shiny Rayquaza. However, PokeRNG cannot find a seed for one. Is it just not possible, or am I doing something wrong? I'd be happy with a Jolly or Adamant one.

I wanted to thank everyone for their help, I caught a perfect Kyogre yesterday on my first try with PokeRNG.

Now I'm going after a perfect, shiny Rayquaza. However, PokeRNG cannot find a seed for one. Is it just not possible, or am I doing something wrong? I'd be happy with a Jolly or Adamant one.
You need to have a certain ID/SID in order to do so.

Im trying out the Irwin calls and none of the results so far have had a matching seed. Ive tried doing the calls before and after doing the radio flips and I havent been getting any matches. I just caught both legendary dogs and havent been to Kanto yet so i could nullify the part about roamers. Suggestions? Im using the same PikaTimer numbers as I did in Platinum if that matters.

Im trying out the Irwin calls and none of the results so far have had a matching seed. Ive tried doing the calls before and after doing the radio flips and I havent been getting any matches. I just caught both legendary dogs and havent been to Kanto yet so i could nullify the part about roamers. Suggestions? Im using the same PikaTimer numbers as I did in Platinum if that matters.
Yes, it does matter. Calibrated Delays in HG/SS are lower than they are in Platinum (i.e. my calibrated delay for SS is 496, whereas my Platinum delay is 606).

I want to capture a butterfree in Ilex. I know there are no npcs there. I hit my delay and have passed some of the seeds I could have used which are the same as my target which is 31,30,31,21,31,31. Can I just use any of them? There are like 6 or do I have to advance my frame to the final? Also does sweet scenting in Ilex advance the frame by 1?

I want to capture a butterfree in Ilex. I know there are no npcs there. I hit my delay and have passed some of the seeds I could have used which are the same as my target which is 31,30,31,21,31,31. Can I just use any of them? There are like 6 or do I have to advance my frame to the final? Also does sweet scenting in Ilex advance the frame by 1?
Each frame has it's own encounter slot. Which means each frame with those IV's will have a different Pokemon Pop out. To determine which Pokemon it will be, right click the frame. Click the calculate Encounter Slot, than there will be a small new window comes up with Sweet Scent (grass) etc. With numbers, click the link to the game you want to see at the bottom of that small window. Ctrl F to find the Ilex Forest part, and than see what that frame's Sweet Scent number will give you.
Sweet Scenting, no matter where. Will sometimes advance by 1, but more than likely it will be 2.

Each frame has it's own encounter slot. Which means each frame with those IV's will have a different Pokemon Pop out. To determine which Pokemon it will be, right click the frame. Click the calculate Encounter Slot, than there will be a small new window comes up with Sweet Scent (grass) etc. With numbers, click the link to the game you want to see at the bottom of that small window. Ctrl F to find the Ilex Forest part, and than see what that frame's Sweet Scent number will give you.
Sweet Scenting, no matter where. Will sometimes advance by 1, but more than likely it will be 2.
thanks. I caught the caterpie, but not with the ivs I wanted though. I knew about the encounter slots, and the seed I choose had 1 and caterpie had 1. When I went back to find the seed, I closed the rng window when I caught it, it I couldn't find the seed again. Probably messed up in some way. (I'm rnging in hg) Is there a way to make sure to advance the frame and catch the poke without having to rely on whether it advances by 1 or 2?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
thanks. I caught the caterpie, but not with the ivs I wanted though. I knew about the encounter slots, and the seed I choose had 1 and caterpie had 1. When I went back to find the seed, I closed the rng window when I caught it, it I couldn't find the seed again. Probably messed up in some way. (I'm rnging in hg) Is there a way to make sure to advance the frame and catch the poke without having to rely on whether it advances by 1 or 2?
It should be consistent.. not sure though. I've heard others say that it's location-dependent. Either way, you should get the same advancement if you do it again.

Can anyone give me a link to a 5th gen RNG guide? I would like it for reference as I may try to RNG for a good Zekrom.
There's a 5th gen help thread for this... it's very close to this one.

Chihuahuaowner also has a small guide of her own. Search for her name, link is in her sig.

Wildfire: To add on to toastplusone's comment - it should be consistent with the cart. No worries though, usually for almost all cartridges it's +2 but there are some weird ones out there so we're inclined to mention it is all :)

Hey guys, I have pokemon black USA and desmume and RNG reporter 9 beta 1.
I've read OmegaDonut's guide and I'm still confused HOW the fudge does one RNG, is there a video? Omegadonut's guide is great but it jumps around and leaves the reader confused at MANY POINTS.

@above: ask in the 5th gen help thread

If I want to RNG my ID/SID in SS am I supposed to calibrate to find out how long it takes me to get to this screen?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys, I have pokemon black USA and desmume and RNG reporter 9 beta 1.
I've read OmegaDonut's guide and I'm still confused HOW the fudge does one RNG, is there a video? Omegadonut's guide is great but it jumps around and leaves the reader confused at MANY POINTS.
I directed you here to learn all the important terms first. Like seed, frame, etc. You can start with the DPP RNG guide,

When I was checking RNG Reporter link to HGSS Encounter Slots, I can't find Safari Zone ones (to catch Lotad)... any help?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 25)