Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

When RNGing your ID/SID is it possible to obtain more than 1 shiny frame for a flawless/near flawless spread on HGSS? How would I know if a particular ID/SID has multiple shiny spreads

THank you for the response, however, what if my seed I'm using doesn't occur during serial radio drama?
everyday 1-2, 4-5, 7-8, 10-11(Both AM and PM)

I'm guessing that as long as you open your Pokegear and just let time go to one of those hours(without clicking on the radio), that your frame shouldn't advance. IF the day rolls over remember to account for the +2, but unless your time is between 23:00 and 00:00 that shouldn't happen.

everyday 1-2, 4-5, 7-8, 10-11(Both AM and PM)

I'm guessing that as long as you open your Pokegear and just let time go to one of those hours(without clicking on the radio), that your frame shouldn't advance. IF the day rolls over remember to account for the +2, but unless your time is between 23:00 and 00:00 that shouldn't happen.
OK, so if my time is 8:59 I'd need to wait until 10?

yep and then hope you hit your delay otherwise you wasted an hour :(.

I had to do the exact same thing though when I was going for my Lati, so don't get discouraged!

O sorry, yea for Diamond and Pearl use a frame 1 spread:

EDIT:for the starters people use the NPC's to advance their frames(in Pt/HG/SS)
in Diamond and Pearl you can only search for spreads on frame 1 to use (like i did)

I've been having trouble using Zomg/Pika Timer for RNG'ing in 4th gen. I have done some initial calibration before and get a constant 15 seconds with a delay around 600 to 610 with a few 620/630's. Now when using the timer I follow the following steps:

1. Set up the timer with my desire delay and another important information.
2. Start both timer and DS at the specific timer the seed/timer gives me
3. Enter the game from the main DS menu after the first timer end.
4. Hit continue after the second timer has ended.
5. Already saved inside the Daycare with the Coin Flip app already showing. Parent within party.
6. Do ten coin flips to see if I hit my seed.

Now after I do the ten coin flips, I come upon a problem. One I don't get the matching coin flip sequence and two when I input the sequence I get into the search coin flip option I don't get any results. What am I doing wrong here?

how wide of a delay range are you using? Use +/- 99 and +/- 1 second and see if anything comes up.

You may just be hitting a second early/late.

I'm trying to have a good calibration on Pearl. When i capture a pokemon for the Seed Finder, is the same if i send a shiny or someone with Pressure?

I'm trying to capture Giratina-O in platinum and I'm having some trouble... I don't know if I'm doing this right or not but Im trying to hit a delay of 6039 and the seed is F00217A2 and my ID is 00003 and my SID is 45944.
When I do the coin flips It always says "No mach was found for your flips." I also tried it on an older version of RNG reporter and it still said the same thing. What am I doing wrong?

expand the delays to +/- 99 and decrease the seconds to +/- 1.

EDIT: Also uncheck the Odd/Even as you could be hitting an even delay.

how wide of a delay range are you using? Use +/- 99 and +/- 1 second and see if anything comes up.

You may just be hitting a second early/late.
I was using +/- 50 with +/- 0 the first time around. I'll try your advice for now on.

Edit: Some question, when trying to find your seed, if you happened to get a delay with a second that's not your calibrated one, do you input that second into Eontimer as well as the delay you hit to calibrate said timer or keep it as is?

I was using +/- 50 with +/- 0 the first time around. I'll try your advice for now on.

Edit: Some question, when trying to find your seed, if you happened to get a delay with a second that's not your calibrated one, do you input that second into Eontimer as well as the delay you hit to calibrate said timer or keep it as is?
Like if you end up with 14 instead of 15? I would say if you hit a second that wasn't your calibrated, like 14 instead 15, 3 or so times, then change it. Otherwise, it may be premature to make the change after one possible fluke.

I generally use 14 seconds(even though when I first calibrated without a timer I hit 15 pretty consistently).

can someone help me figure out my SID thats the only thing i need
Dependent on the game, if its HG/SS you can use the Red Gyarados to find your SID.

Like if you end up with 14 instead of 15? I would say if you hit a second that wasn't your calibrated, like 14 instead 15, 3 or so times, then change it. Otherwise, it may be premature to make the change after one possible fluke.

I generally use 14 seconds(even though when I first calibrated without a timer I hit 15 pretty consistently).
Alright. BTW, I just wanted to ask despite not being there at this point but when RNG for Egg IVs, what does the Frame box within the Egg Iv window? I'm assuming it referring to the number of frames advance you need to make before picking up the egg.

If my memory serves me correctly(I haven't bred in DPPt in a long time) then yes if the frame was say 12 then you would advance to 12 and pick it up then.

In HG/SS, I generally use this formula to figure out my advances:

Frame-Roamer(1 frame for each roamer)-3(2 for the NPC and 1 for Daycare man). So if my target is 8(what I like to use) and I have all 3 roamers out it would be like this:

8-3-3=2 advances(2 elms or 1 joey) the only problem is sometimes the NPC doesn't move so instead of 8-3-3=2 you end up with 8-3-1=4.

I probably confused you, but my suggestion is to not breed in DPPt as HG/SS are a ton easier.

It's not so much that it's harder, but with the number of NPC's, having to calibrate to find your starting frame every egg you abuse is highly annoying.

If you have any more questions just post here or VM, I should be around most of the day.

^ you don't, you just keep hitting your seed and advancing to your frame and hoping you get a good nature.

Thats why my Timid Celebi took over 2 hours(stupid bashful and adamant).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)