Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Alright I'm going after Kyogre in HG. I have all three Roamers out and instead of Elm verification I am using Roamer verification.

I have the 3 boxes for each roamer checked off in the seed to time box. But eery time I search my results using roamer locations I always get "no result found".
I've done 4th Gen Abuse before. I don't think I'm missing my delay THAT badly (I have delay set for +/-10 and seconds +/- 1). What is going on here?

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Alright I'm going after Kyogre in HG. I have all three Roamers out and instead of Elm verification I am using Roamer verification.

I have the 3 boxes for each roamer checked off in the seed to time box. But eery time I search my results using roamer locations I always get "no result found".
I've done 4th Gen Abuse before. I don't think I'm missing my delay THAT badly (I have delay set for +/-10 and seconds +/- 1). What is going on here?
Set your +/- delay to 50, and your seconds to 0.

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
How long does it usually take people to RNG manipulate through breeding? I FINALLY hit the frame I wanted for Snorlax. Now, I'm trying to hit Frame 2391 for a hatched Feebas and I can already sense that this is going to take just as long.

Also, is it ever possible for a frame to 100% of the time hit the split frame of itself? If so, how could one remedy this? I think I've been hitting either Frame 2391S or 2392 frequently.
It varies widely with luck. It took 3 tries to get my Shiny Abra, but I accidentally saved after getting it with horrible IVs, and it took 3 days to get the same Abra again.
As for Split frames, you'd think it would be consistent, but it really isn't. It's very common to hit, say, both 2391S and 2391 on successive attempts.

Okay, I am very confused with this. I have been trying to catch a Shuppet on Frame 1634 in Emerald. Since it would be a Calm Nature, I bred an Abra with Calm and Synchronize. I then went to Mt. Pyre and put the Abra in my first party slot. Using Roselia as my sweet scenter, she has about a 4.8 second delay when using sweet scent so I took that into account.

Frame 1634 is at 27.23 seconds, so I subtracted 4.8 from that and got 22.43 seconds. Now the Calm frame right before the Calm frame that I want to hit is about .3 seconds before it, so I figured I should probably be aiming to activate sweet scent at 22.50 seconds in. So that is exactly what I did. I find Shuppet, catch it, check it's nature, it is Calm, and then check it's IVs. It turns out I hit Frame 1687, which is 4 Calm frames (.88 seconds) after the one that I wanted. I thought I made a mistake so I tried again. And the same exact thing happened.

I decided to subtract .88 from 22.43 and I got 21.55 seconds. So now, I soft reset, and use sweet scent at 21.48 seconds (which was probably off anyway), and guess what? I STILL hit Frame 1687 three times in a row. Did I do something wrong? If not, someone should look into this.

Edit: Make that FOUR times in a row.

Edit: Ok, I have now hit an impossible frame. The closest possible frame I could have hit was 6659 when I was aiming for 1474 this time instead of 1634.
The way Synchronize works in Emerald is, if it activates (50% chance), the RNG fast-forwards to the next frame that has the matching nature. That's why it's skipping ahead.
For that reason, you generally want to hit your target frame a tad early when Synchronizing.

So I've been trying to learn how to RNG shiny flawless eggs in HG for a while now, I started shortly before the old forums got hacked so the available guides were limited. I understand how to hit delays but I've noticed that sometimes when I try to match up the elm calls in the seed to time window that the first two elm calls get skipped over. Yet when I enter the elm results into the search calls window the search tells me that I did in fact hit the right delay. Is this fairly normal? This is the seed I'm trying to get:

Delay 905
1D1101FC
Elm responses: PPPKPPPPEPEPPEP

Elm responses I got: PKPPPP

The shiny frame is on frame 6 so I didn't do any more advances although it still didn't work because the pokemon that hatched was it's normal color. What should I do when the first few elm calls get skipped over? Help please?

So I've been trying to learn how to RNG shiny flawless eggs in HG for a while now, I started shortly before the old forums got hacked so the available guides were limited. I understand how to hit delays but I've noticed that sometimes when I try to match up the elm calls in the seed to time window that the first two elm calls get skipped over. Yet when I enter the elm results into the search calls window the search tells me that I did in fact hit the right delay. Is this fairly normal? This is the seed I'm trying to get:

Delay 905
1D1101FC
Elm responses: PPPKPPPPEPEPPEP

Elm responses I got: PKPPPP

The shiny frame is on frame 6 so I didn't do any more advances although it still didn't work because the pokemon that hatched was it's normal color. What should I do when the first few elm calls get skipped over? Help please?
If you have any pokemon roaming (probably Entei and Raikou), that is what causes the two frame skips.

You didn't get your shiny pokemon because Elm calls do not advance the PID RNG (which controls shiny, gender, and ability) for eggs. Elm only affects the IVRNG. In order to advance the PID RNG for eggs, you need to call Youngster Joey (calling him advances by 2 frames) or get a Chatot, record a chatter and look at its summary. Chatot advances the PID RNG by 1 for every summary check (only when a chatter is recorded). Keep in mind, if you're only going to use Youngster Joey to advance the frame then it will only be possible to hit odd frames because the starting frame is 1. If you keep adding 2, you'll be skipping all of the even frames. Your options are: find a new seed with an odd target frame, or get a Chatot :)

Hope this helped!

If you have any pokemon roaming (probably Entei and Raikou), that is what causes the two frame skips.

You didn't get your shiny pokemon because Elm calls do not advance the PID RNG (which controls shiny, gender, and ability) for eggs. Elm only affects the IVRNG. In order to advance the PID RNG for eggs, you need to call Youngster Joey (calling him advances by 2 frames) or get a Chatot, record a chatter and look at its summary. Chatot advances the PID RNG by 1 for every summary check (only when a chatter is recorded). Keep in mind, if you're only going to use Youngster Joey to advance the frame then it will only be possible to hit odd frames because the starting frame is 1. If you keep adding 2, you'll be skipping all of the even frames. Your options are: find a new seed with an odd target frame, or get a Chatot :)

Hope this helped!
I think I've caught all the roamers since it's an old file so I don't think that's it. Does having your pokemon following you change anything? Anyway yeah, I realized after posting this that I got Elm and Joey mixed up.

I think I've caught all the roamers since it's an old file so I don't think that's it. Does having your pokemon following you change anything? Anyway yeah, I realized after posting this that I got Elm and Joey mixed up.
I don't think so. Well that's weird, I'm not sure what it would be then.

I'm RNGing my brother's Suicune for him, and something weird keeps happening. It's on frame 14, Bold nature with 31/14/31/31/31/31. Delay is 1058. I hit my seed correctly, do Elm calls to advance the frames to 13, then initiate the fight. I always get an Impish nature with suboptimal IVs, but the stupid thing is it doesn't show up anywhere. All three roamers are active, but that shouldn't screw me over. Any ideas?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I'm RNGing my brother's Suicune for him, and something weird keeps happening. It's on frame 14, Bold nature with 31/14/31/31/31/31. Delay is 1058. I hit my seed correctly, do Elm calls to advance the frames to 13, then initiate the fight. I always get an Impish nature with suboptimal IVs, but the stupid thing is it doesn't show up anywhere. All three roamers are active, but that shouldn't screw me over. Any ideas?
How are you confirming your seed? How many advancements are you doing? Are you going for a shiny?

Well it seems that I'm still doing something wrong since I hatched yet another non-shiny pokemon. This is what I did: I saved the game in front of the daycare lady with five pokemon (including the parents), hit my delay which I confirmed using elm calls, deposited the parents, biked around until the old man called, rejected the first egg, biked around until the old man called again and called Joey twice before collecting the next egg. Is there anything wrong in this method or am I just incredibly unlucky?

Also, I tried locating the pokemon I did hatch in the main window but the IVs don't seem to match any of the nearby frames. So I'm at a complete loss. FYI I uploaded the pokemon to pokecheck to determine it's IVs.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Well it seems that I'm still doing something wrong since I hatched yet another non-shiny pokemon. This is what I did: I saved the game in front of the daycare lady with five pokemon (including the parents), hit my delay which I confirmed using elm calls, deposited the parents, biked around until the old man called, rejected the first egg, biked around until the old man called again and called Joey twice before collecting the next egg. Is there anything wrong in this method or am I just incredibly unlucky?

Also, I tried locating the pokemon I did hatch in the main window but the IVs don't seem to match any of the nearby frames. So I'm at a complete loss. FYI I uploaded the pokemon to pokecheck to determine it's IVs.
Well, IVs and shininess are decided separately so technically you have to rng the pokemon twice. The first time it dtermines ivs and the second time, shininess. What you want to do is rng for ivs first. Save in front of the day care man after doing so and then hit your seed again to rng for shininess.

Well, IVs and shininess are decided separately so technically you have to rng the pokemon twice. The first time it dtermines ivs and the second time, shininess. What you want to do is rng for ivs first. Save in front of the day care man after doing so and then hit your seed again to rng for shininess.
Oh I was under the impression that you RNG for shininess first and then IVs? At least that's what I was trying to do.

I'm confirming my seed using the roamer method. I'm using the Elm calls for confirmation as well as frame advancements. According to RNG Reporter, with four roamers, my start frame is 3 (sometimes four, but not as often). I do ten Elm calls to get to frame 13 (or 9 if the start frame is 4), as that's the one right before the one my Suicune's spread is on. I'm not looking for a shiny.

Does initiating the battle with Suicune advance the final frame?

There are no NPCs that could be throwing me off either, right? I've done this once already for my own Suicune and I wasn't having issues like this.

How exactly do Emerald's alternate spreads (as indicated by RNGReporter, not split spreads) work? I've been trying to get the regular 7380 spread (BB/14/AA/AA/31/03) but I keep landing on what I believe to be the alternate 7380 spread (30/14/AA/AA/BB/03).

I can deal with split spreads by hard-resetting and trying again. But I keep hitting this alternate spread even after I tossed the egg and saved on a new one. Any help?

Why do you reject the first egg? Advance to your target frame and take the first egg.

I'm confirming my seed using the roamer method. I'm using the Elm calls for confirmation as well as frame advancements. According to RNG Reporter, with four roamers, my start frame is 3 (sometimes four, but not as often). I do ten Elm calls to get to frame 13 (or 9 if the start frame is 4), as that's the one right before the one my Suicune's spread is on. I'm not looking for a shiny.

Does initiating the battle with Suicune advance the final frame?
Are you using the newest version of Reporter? Iirc, it takes all indirect frame advancements into account for you so just advance to frame 14 and see if that works.

Although, it does seem kind of strange that the Impish spread you're hitting doesn't show up anywhere near your target. I would expect it to be the frame right before your target. I don't remember there being any WNPCs in that area but it has been a while. Maybe check for them?

How exactly do Emerald's alternate spreads (as indicated by RNGReporter, not split spreads) work? I've been trying to get the regular 7380 spread (BB/14/AA/AA/31/03) but I keep landing on what I believe to be the alternate 7380 spread (30/14/AA/AA/BB/03).

I can deal with split spreads by hard-resetting and trying again. But I keep hitting this alternate spread even after I tossed the egg and saved on a new one. Any help?
Alternate spreads are the most annoying. I have no idea how they work and how to get back to normal spreads. Honestly, all you can do is keep waiting and resetting. :/

The shiny frame is on frame 6 so I thought that rejecting an egg moves the frame up by 1 and that calling Joey moves the frame up by two each time. So 6=1+2+2. Isn't that how it works?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
rejecting an egg means you'll have to use your bike to generate another one, right? there are npcs in the area...I guess they could have moved in that time?

rejecting an egg means you'll have to use your bike to generate another one, right? there are npcs in the area...I guess they could have moved in that time?
NPCs only affect the IV RNG when you're breeding.

The shiny frame is on frame 6 so I thought that rejecting an egg moves the frame up by 1 and that calling Joey moves the frame up by two each time. So 6=1+2+2. Isn't that how it works?
I'm not sure if rejecting an egg advances by 1, it might advance by more or not at all. I've never used that method. Try getting a Chatot and recording a chatter or find a new seed with an odd target frame.

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!

I've never hit Alternate spreads, so bear with me, since I'm writing purely from memory of things I've read.

Alternate spreads occur randomly like Split spreads, except instead of appearing on a reset basis, they last much longer, and are stored in the save file. What I've heard is that if you just do stuff in-game for a few hours, then come back, it should be back to normal.

I would personally suggest the Battle Frontier, but Pokémon Contests are also a good choice.

Alternate spreads are the most annoying. I have no idea how they work and how to get back to normal spreads. Honestly, all you can do is keep waiting and resetting. :/
I've never hit Alternate spreads, so bear with me, since I'm writing purely from memory of things I've read.

Alternate spreads occur randomly like Split spreads, except instead of appearing on a reset basis, they last much longer, and are stored in the save file. What I've heard is that if you just do stuff in-game for a few hours, then come back, it should be back to normal.

I would personally suggest the Battle Frontier, but Pokémon Contests are also a good choice.
Alright, thanks. I managed to find a spread similar to my desired spread further along the alternate spread list and by the time I got to my next breeding project, the alternate spread stuff went away. Guess it's just a matter of waiting if the alternate spreads come up again.

Why do you reject the first egg? Advance to your target frame and take the first egg.

Are you using the newest version of Reporter? Iirc, it takes all indirect frame advancements into account for you so just advance to frame 14 and see if that works.

Although, it does seem kind of strange that the Impish spread you're hitting doesn't show up anywhere near your target. I would expect it to be the frame right before your target. I don't remember there being any WNPCs in that area but it has been a while. Maybe check for them?

I finally got the shiny frame I was after! it turns out that I was advancing too late (when the egg was generated). Anyway rejecting an egg does advance the frame by one. Question, IVs are advanced by calling Elm right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)