Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hey,
does somebody know why I cant find my DS Parameters for Black II? I play Black II on my R4 Gold Revolution and I use the newest RNG Reporter ( 9.96.5 ).

Here is the last IV-Set I tried. It is a Vanillish caught in the Giant Chasm with Sweet Scent, of course without moving before.
HP: 31 ATK: 18 DEF: 31 SPATK: 9 SPDEF: 3 SPEED: 30
August 31, 2013 17.44.58
Seconds 58 / 8
VCount 0 / 99
Timer0 B00 / 157C
GxStat 6 / 6
VFraame 0 / 1F

Version: Black 2 Language: German DS Type: DS Original/Lite
DS Mac Address: 001BEA86D259

Can anyone help me?
I did everything correctly to rng 4 gen
But my problem is that i cant hit a delay.
I just cant.
I checked using the calls,using the roamers location. But i cant...
At tops i get a delay that is really far from the one that i want and is even 1 seg before the target second,even with that i feel that im not doing right...
Help anyone plss
Its been mora than a month that im trying but i cant...

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
Hey,
does somebody know why I cant find my DS Parameters for Black II? I play Black II on my R4 Gold Revolution and I use the newest RNG Reporter ( 9.96.5 ).

Here is the last IV-Set I tried. It is a Vanillish caught in the Giant Chasm with Sweet Scent, of course without moving before.
HP: 31 ATK: 18 DEF: 31 SPATK: 9 SPDEF: 3 SPEED: 30
August 31, 2013 17.44.58
Seconds 58 / 8
VCount 0 / 99
Timer0 B00 / 157C
GxStat 6 / 6
VFraame 0 / 1F

Version: Black 2 Language: German DS Type: DS Original/Lite
DS Mac Address: 001BEA86D259
Wrong thread, but I'll help you out.
Flashcarts change the parameters drastically. Widen your search ranges and be patient.

hey.

i'm interested in getting into gen3 rng (emulator or retail, i don't really care) but find the onsite guides rather confusing.

i was just wondering if any of you know of any video tutorials that cover the subject.

youtube helped a lot with later gens, but there's certain emerald mons i want to get my hands on.

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
hey.

i'm interested in getting into gen3 rng (emulator or retail, i don't really care) but find the onsite guides rather confusing.

i was just wondering if any of you know of any video tutorials that cover the subject.

youtube helped a lot with later gens, but there's certain emerald mons i want to get my hands on.
I don't know of any video tutorials, but send a PM my way and I'll walk you through it. I can get images aplenty too.

I have been learning to do RNG on my Heart Gold version. I was able to successfully generate Zapdos, but I cannot seem to generate the Lake of Rage Gyarados right no matter what I do.

1. I know I have to use the Chained Shiny Method.

2. I was constantly hitting weird results based on verifying the location of my Roamers and calling Juggler Irwin's so I figured it may be due to the rain? I got rid of the rain anyway, and I am not sure if it was just luck, but I began hitting the correct Seed and Delay.

3. But even though I knew I hit the correct Seed and Delay(by confirming the location of my Roamers(I have 2 Roamers) and calling Juggler Irwin(I noticed my calls start at Frame 5 instead of 3, but the sequence of the later calls match so I advanced the Frames based on the Frame of the call sequence)), after I finished advancing the Frames, I am getting results that are off by a few hundred Frames. I do not know what is advancing the Frames so much as I made sure to hit the x button immediately to bring up the Menu as I enter the game world, and hit the a button immediately to talk to the Red Gyarados as soon as I finished advancing the Frames and bringing down the Menu. I doubt the NPCs in the area would advance the Frames by a few hundred in just a split second.

Am I missing something here? I do not have my SID, is that the why I am constantly hitting weird results?

Is it necessary to do TID SID abuse to get good shiny roamers in HGSS? Cos I was originally gonna do it to get a good Zapdos but now I'm wondering if it would be better to focus on the roamers. Yeah I'm still failing at RNG in this generation...

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
Is it necessary to do TID SID abuse to get good shiny roamers in HGSS? Cos I was originally gonna do it to get a good Zapdos but now I'm wondering if it would be better to focus on the roamers. Yeah I'm still failing at RNG in this generation...
In general, it's necessary to TID/SID abuse to get good shiny anything in Gen 4.
Breeding is obviously an exception.

Yes because the only way to get a good shiny spread in this gen is to abuse your TID/SID unless your lucky and manage to get a decent spread with a random ID/SID. You should be able to use the spread you abuse to get both the roamers and stationary legends though.

In Heart Gold
"All HGSS roamers are generated by Method 1 and have a starting frame of 1."

If I knock out all roamers including Lati@s, are they all still on frame 1 once I respawn them?
If not not what will there starting frames be for all 3.

I'm RNG'ing on EMU so I'll be able to verify my seed.

@mewtwo420 try this for 3rd Gen (Retail/Ruby & Sapphire). I seen some others somewhere so i'll pm you once I found them.

Last edited:
In Heart Gold
"All HGSS roamers are generated by Method 1 and have a starting frame of 1."

If I knock out all roamers including Lati@s, are they all still on frame 1 once I respawn them?
If not not what will there starting frames be for all 3.

I'm RNG'ing on EMU so I'll be able to verify my seed.
If you knock out all the roamers and have them respawn at the same time, only one of them will start on frame 1 (Raikou iirc). It goes Raikou 1, Entei 6, Lati@s 11. KO the roamer you want to RNG and only that one, then when it respawns it will be on frame 1 and push the other two up.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm confident that's how it works.

If you knock out all the roamers and have them respawn at the same time, only one of them will start on frame 1 (Raikou iirc). It goes Raikou 1, Entei 6, Lati@s 11. KO the roamer you want to RNG and only that one, then when it respawns it will be on frame 1 and push the other two up.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm confident that's how it works.
Cheers, so basically it's the same as the birds in Platinum. Thanks, didn't see that in the thread.

Hey guys, I need some help with RNGing.

Basically, I am not hitting any of my seeds, nor any seeds "nearby". I believe this is because I've using a 3DS rather than a DS. I am using EonTimer and the "3 Roamers Active" method to verify my seed. I get constant messages that tell me that my roamer spread is not even on the list of nearby seeds generated by the RNG Reporter.

I truly believe I am inputting everything correctly both in my 3DS (date:time) and in Eon Timer (490 delay, target delay and target seconds of my seed). I am also accounting for the minutes sometimes Eon Timer tells me to subtract. I've tried to hit my seed as soon as the timer goes to 0:00 and I've also tried to land on my seed when my timer reaches 7:00, because I've read that the 3DS has a 7 minute delay.

I've ordered an old DS Lite charger in desperation, but if you guys can help me make it work with my 3DS it will be greatly appreciated. Game is HeartGold and I am saved right in front of Kyogre.

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
I've tried to hit my seed as soon as the timer goes to 0:00 and I've also tried to land on my seed when my timer reaches 7:00, because I've read that the 3DS has a 7 minute delay.
Ummm... you sure it's not 7 seconds?
Because it's definitely not minutes.

Last edited:
This could be a stupid question, but what do the guides mean by a Pokemon's starting frame? I want to RNG a Totodile from Professor Elm in HGSS (which I'm told is possible, but difficult due to the lack of a reliable method of confirming your seed or advancing your frames), and apparently it has a starting frame of 9. What does that mean? It surely can't mean that you start the game at frame 9, and must advance from there, can it? Because it's not as though the game knows what Pokemon I'm looking for...

Basically, I'm quite clearly confused about something.

This could be a stupid question, but what do the guides mean by a Pokemon's starting frame? I want to RNG a Totodile from Professor Elm in HGSS (which I'm told is possible, but difficult due to the lack of a reliable method of confirming your seed or advancing your frames), and apparently it has a starting frame of 9. What does that mean? It surely can't mean that you start the game at frame 9, and must advance from there, can it? Because it's not as though the game knows what Pokemon I'm looking for...

Basically, I'm quite clearly confused about something.
Nope, not a stupid question at all!

The game always starts on frame 1. But some Pokemon are special cases (like the Johto starters, or roamers) and the game automatically advances by itself.

So, Totodile starts on frame 9. What that means is, the game starts on frame 1, but when you choose Totodile as your starter, the frame advances by 8 by itself (completely out of your control). So it's just easier to say that Totodile starts on frame 9, because whether you start counting from frame 1 and then add 8, or start counting from frame 9 right away, will not make a difference in the resulting frame.

Yeeeeah I'm trying to RNG a Mesprit from Pt, but for some reason it isn't turning up Shiny. I'm getting the IVs and such right, but not the shininess. Is there something contributing to that?

can anyone here tutor me and help me out on pokemon black rng abuse wild pokemon i got most of it and understand most of it some parts are confusing me even though i masted rng abuse on platium/diamond/pearl witch was long time i am struggling on pokemon b/w rng abuse just getting back into the game agein if anyone willing to tutor me i'm willing to help them with any pokemon rng project i could do for them give me pm and then we go to live chat or something skype or something like that

Ok, so I'm doing a gen 3 RNG trying to get a shiny and my time is 46.06 but I just can't hit my time. I've looked put the ones I've been hitting and I've hit like 46.11 and 46.00 and everything close but I just can't seem to hit 46.06. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)