Inactive EonTimer / ZomgTimer

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Downloads:
Download ZomgTimer v2.21(32-bit)
Download EonTimer v1.6(32 or 64 bit)

=======​

FAQs:
Which do I use?

EonTimer is entirely Windows based. It's the better of the two as it has more options, better UI, slight accuracy improvement and it's more easily upgradeable for me. ZomgTimer is pretty much a finished product. I'll be putting out info to work around any necessary things that I can't include in it. tl;dr If you have Windows, use Eon.

How do I know if my computer is 32-bit or 64-bit? - Note: this is no longer necessary.
Go to Start > Program Files > Accessories > System Tools > System Information
It'll take a second for it to load. When it does, look for "System Type" in the information that appears. Here it will give you "x__-based PC." The blanks will either be 86 or 64. If it says x86, you have a 32-bit machine. If it says x64, you have a 64-bit machine.

But.. I have a 64-bit Mac. Why is there only a 32-bit version of ZomgTimer?
Well then you shouldn't have got a Mac (jkjk, well kinda). Anyway, I don't know how to compile 64-bit Java. 32-bit programs work on 64-bit processors, just not as well. You shouldn't have a problem.

Eontimer looks weird when I start it?
This was due to a font-size adjustment in Windows. Re-download and it should be fixed. I did not put this update out as an alert because it is relatively minor.

These are pretty awesome. How can I say thanks?
Like this post? I dunno. I'm just glad people are getting use out of it!

Your stuff sucks.
Fine. Make your own. And that's not a question.

Why haven't you improved Zomgtimer?
Java isn't exactly my strongest area. The code is messy and it would take a lot of time that I don't really want to put into it to fix. It really could use a complete rewrite since it was written when I knew little about programming. GUI in Java is incredibly tedious and I just don't want to deal with it unless I have to. The efficiency update was a simple fix that I've just taken a long time to do. It will in all likelihood be its last update.

I have a great idea for something to add. How can I get it to you?
Post here, PM, VM.

Where can I find out how to use this stuff?
5th Gen Help
All Other Help

=======​

High Link and ZomgTimer
ZomgTimer doesn't have a high link setting on it. It's unfortunate, but I can't really fit it in there either. Instead, here are some instructions on how to manually change it to High Link mode.

Target Seconds - Subtract 5 from what you're trying to hit. (i.e. if you're trying for 50, use 45)
Target Delay - Subtract 296 from what you're trying to hit. (i.e. 1200 becomes 904)
When updating - Update with delay hit - 296.

=======​

Latest Updates:

EonTimer v1.6
  • Update check
  • Added Entralink frame helper
  • Redesigned settings
  • Removed start-up sounds
  • Variable-target option - experimental use
  • Account for differences in GBA vs DS
  • Always-on-top option
  • Mini-mode
  • Transparency
  • Small update to look and feel
  • Allow 0-length timer
  • Fixed and enhanced custom timer
  • Added small amount of time to entralink(1.5.1)
  • Brought back target delay and second saving(1.5.1)
  • Added a couple of right-click options for saving on exit(1.5.1)
  • Complete rewrite - more extensible, reduced (possibly eliminated) lag(1.5)
  • Added A/V mode(1.5)
  • Added calibration for non-Cgear (No more 1 second before stuff)(1.5)
  • Changed Entralink update(1.5)
  • Brightened UI(1.5)
  • Fix Gen III update function (1.2.1)
  • Change High Link to EntraLink (1.2.1)
  • Added sound selection. (1.1.1)
  • Added save on close dialog (1.1.1)
  • Initial Release (1.0)
ZomgTimer v2.21
  • Efficiency update
=======​

Stuff I'm working on:
  • I have nothing to work on?
=======​

Orugos - Amazing artwork for EonTimer (thread)
Bond697, Kaphotics - Info
xElite - Gen 3 info
Riski - Suggestions, etc.
.com - "Suggested second"
Tomxc - Nice new icon
Cassie, PrincessOfJohto - Testing
Pikachu25 - I modeled the original ZomgTimer after the functionality in Pikatimer. As the creator, Pikachu25 deserves some credit here.
Nexus - adding this gif

Last edited:

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'd personally use this over PikaTimer.

You could rearrange the bottom half of it to preserve a little bit more space for cleanliness. Having an empty box and clicking update delay makes it say "There is an Input Error.". If you can change that to "Please fill all boxes." might help against noob QQ.

Calibrated delay can go negative too

here's a pic as illustration of all of this

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Edit: There is a new version up.

It is largely untested as I have not had time yet.

Erm... "could not find main class file" error...
Am I missing something? V1.3... >_<

This shouldn't happen unless there isn't a public static void main method. >.<

EDIT:
Works on my friends laptop...
I update java runtime first...

Toast++

Erm... "could not find main class file" error...
Am I missing something? V1.3... >_<

This shouldn't happen unless there isn't a public static void main method. >.<

EDIT:
Works on my friends laptop...
I update java runtime first...

There is a main method. I have no idea why it wouldn't work on yours unless there's something wrong with your Java. Do you mean that you updated? If so, did it work for you then?

There is a main method. I have no idea why it wouldn't work on yours unless there's something wrong with your Java. Do you mean that you updated? If so, did it work for you then?
Still downloading the big chunk of java runtime.
I have 2 versions of Java JDK + 1 Java JRE install on my PC for work & school purposes, not sure if they are confused.

**feeds Persim berry to my PC**

Toast++

Still downloading the big chunk of java runtime.
I have 2 versions of Java JDK + 1 Java JRE install on my PC for work & school purposes, not sure if they are confused.

**feeds Persim berry to my PC**
Haha.. Let me know how it goes. I have no idea why it would do that. Do other Java programs work on your computer?

This was developed with JDK 1.6.0_21.
My computer is running Java version 6 update 21 and it works fine.
Hopefully that's the issue. Otherwise it would almost have to be some kind of configuration problem with all of those different java's.

Lol, timer's fine. though i didn't use it now, used it yesterday. I find the beeping sounds to be helpful to hit the a button exactly when it reaches zero. although i recommend you convert the start button to a one like pikatimers, which uses spacebar for easy starting. :)

Toast++

The program has been updated.

The timer can now be started and stopped via the space bar.
There is an option to add minutes for use with AR's or ID/SID abuse.
It can now be resized, this is a work-in-progress though.
There are also some minor fixes.

Just a question, what is "Update" for? Is it similar to Pikatimer's "Other Delay?" And what do I use it for? I haven't used Pikatimer's Other Delay.

Toast++

You use it if you're off of the delay you want. Like you're trying to hit 687 and instead you hit 681. You type 681 into the box and hit update. This will adjust your calibrated delay accordingly. The idea is that you'll hit more consistently and you wont have to change your delays for anything.

It can also be used to skip the calibration process. If you use the defaults and use +/- 99 delay on RNG reporter, you can quickly find your calibrated delay without having to catch high level pokes.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Just checking in, I know I haven't said anything about this for a while, but I haven't really done much RNG-ing.

The add minute function worked a treat for ID/SID abuse on a ROM ;)
Also the spacebar feature is good (although ever since you told me you didn't use it, I've been trying it with the mouse more and more, and getting ok results).
Resizing still needs some work, the text on "Update" (IIRC) is still just an ellipsis when I go on it. Not a real problem, just looks a little messy is all.

Other than that I'm out of things to suggest, this thing's good by me ;)

Toast++

Major update. B/W timers added. Hopefully someone with a cart can let me know how it's working.

I've been testing this timer and it is just the best timer ever. It has everything you need to RNG on Gen 4 and Gen 5. It solved issues with severely swinging delays on Gen 4 RNG and it is super efficient with C-gear seeds on Gen 5. I caught a pokemon in two tries using C-gear mode. It's also very simple and easy to use as a non-C-gear timer as well. Plus it's tweakable. I've been using it with ten beeps at 1000 frequency, but I've also used it with the visual cue only, for when I'm listening to music at the same time, because as anyone who does RNG knows, it can be a little boring when you're waiting for the timers to run down, especially if you happen to have long timers, or even if you happen to do a lot of RNG in an afternoon. So visual cues are very nice to have.

I recommend doing a countdown in your head along with whatever cue you use (visual or auditory) because there are occasional skipped beats to the auditory countdown (the skipping may be due to how your computer runs or how many programs are running at the same time) and an in-your-head countdown helps you stay focused even when you do the visual countdown.

Excellent program. Thank you so much for making it, Toast. :-) Double thumbs up.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I haven't tried this timer but I hope to later on today. Pikatimer is great but lately it seems that the timing is off. The beeps are definitely more frequent than 1 Hz, so I'm getting huge offsets. I only use it for the Other Delay feature, then have two open instances of emloop and I'm fine. Hopefully this one is more accurate.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, but it gives me a .jar file. I don't get it. =/
You may have to update Java on your computer, because right now it is treating it like a compressed archive (like zip). It should run as an executable upon double clicking it. Alternatively, you can try running it through shell (command line:
Code:
java -jar [path to zomgtimer's directory]/ZomgTimer.jar
and i think on windows it's something like
Code:
java.exe -jar ZomgTimer.jar
but admittedly, I've never tried it on windows.

When in doubt, upgrade Java.

Gotta post to say this: thank you, sir. Without that visual aid, I'd still be cracking my head around some weird problem in sound I'm having with both your program (sounds are off, waaaay off) and PikaTimer (doesn't make a sound at all).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)