Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

View attachment 14486

just starting to RNG abuse and I was wondering if I have my eon timer set correctly

The time I have trying to hit is 12:00:55 and my delay is 1596

I set my DS in clock for 11:58 and at the same time start the eontimer like the smogon guide says any help here?
Shouldn't your DS clock be at 12:00? Since your eontimer has minutes before target set to: 0. Unless I'm missing something here.

I just started RNG abuse as well and I have determined I have my Eon timer set up correctly from the about posts, but I'm far enough form my target seed that I can't find my seed though the search by flips. My game has a lot of pokemon on it and takes a long time to load, so I think that may be my difficulty.

I just started RNG abuse as well and I have determined I have my Eon timer set up correctly from the about posts, but I'm far enough form my target seed that I can't find my seed though the search by flips. My game has a lot of pokemon on it and takes a long time to load, so I think that may be my difficulty.
If Eon timer is set up correctly, that would indicate you should be hitting the correct delay, and therefore are hitting the wrong time/date. Are you setting the time and date correctly?

well I couldnt hit my proper delay being 1596 what am I doing wrong. the highest I got was 1616 and the lowest I got was 1552 I got 1598 which is just two above my delay 3 times like did I have my Eon timer set up correctly I would update it after every delay I had gotten. Am I that bad at the timing for the eon timer when it hits 0 or am I doing something else wrong?

EDIT: If I suck at the eon timer anyone have any suggestions about a better way

Time and date are set correctly, Eon timer set with
calibrated delay:600
calibrated seconds:14
target delay:2080
target seconds:50

I'm trying to hit the seed 0A01082E with
06/27/2014 at 1:54:50.
I hope this helps.

well I couldnt hit my proper delay being 1596 what am I doing wrong. the highest I got was 1616 and the lowest I got was 1552 I got 1598 which is just two above my delay 3 times like did I have my Eon timer set up correctly I would update it after every delay I had gotten. Am I that bad at the timing for the eon timer when it hits 0 or am I doing something else wrong?

I don't think you are doing anything wrong, you are just entering the game SLIGHTLY too early.

The usual 2 second difference in delay is normal, you just have to repeat the process. Sometimes I try not to update the delay when I'm close to the target's since the difference is too minimal that you just have to keep trying without updating anymore.

I hope this helps.
You could try updating the min/max delay on the seed to time function to be +/-180, and maybe try tweaking the seconds (maybe add -/+2) also if you still can't find matches to your coin flips. What is the minutes before target on eontimer say? The number indicated there should be the number of minutes you subtract when setting up the time.

I hope this helps.
What I'd recommend doing is working out what seed you did hit using the "Find seed by IV's" function, then using seed to time. This will give you some indication what you did wrong. But that's just my personal recommendation, Mackenzie probably is better at teaching than I am.

Edit: If this is your first RNG, working out what is going on can be difficult, so this is exactly what I'd recommend doing from where I stand
1) Go somewhere you can catch a high level wild pokemon (High enough that you can calculate it's IV's accurately)
2) try and hit your seed as normal.
3) Catch said high level pokemon. Don't worry about frames or how long it takes, But do take note of what time you entered the game.
4) Calculate the pokemon's IV's using an IV calculator
5) Use the IV's to seed function on RNG reporter
6) This should predict the initial seed you hit, enter this into the "seed to time" feature on RNG reporter
7) you should now be able to see what delay at what time you did in fact hit.

Last edited:
What I'd recommend doing is working out what seed you did hit using the "Find seed by IV's" function, then using seed to time. This will give you some indication what you did wrong. But that's just my personal recommendation, Mackenzie probably is better at teaching than I am.
Feel free to post what you know, no worries, whatever mistakes posted in here will be corrected by anyone who finds them having any discrepancies. :)

Feel free to post what you know, no worries, whatever mistakes posted in here will be corrected by anyone who finds them having any discrepancies. :)
Haha I always get nervous when trying to help people, because the way I intemperate things seems to be different to other people. That and I'm not very lingual. =p.

Edit: But if emulator RNG abuse ever comes up, I got this =p.

Last edited:
Minutes before target says 1. I think I was failing to account for that. I was able to find my seed when I entered to game as soon as I could. The seed was 42 seconds. can't find my seed when I try to use my Eon timer setup to get into game. Maybe the RNG reporter doesn't like my long delay.

Update: Apparently some calibration was needed. Have updated the timer with the delays I was getting and it set the calibrated delay to 210. getting delays close to my target and should only be a matter of time before I get what I want.

Last edited:
Minutes before target says 1. I think I was failing to account for that. I was able to find my seed when I entered to game as soon as I could. The seed was 42 seconds. can't find my seed when I try to use my Eon timer setup to get into game. Maybe the RNG reporter doesn't like my long delay.
I see. 42 seconds? Try setting the min/max seconds to +/-8 on the seed to time function (the tab adjacent to generate should have it), then try to check again.

Raichu is trying to rng the same Giratina I just did.
Like Mackenzie said, sometimes you do get anomalies, you get a really high or low delay.
Eventually after a few updates youl start to hit +/-6 of your target delay consistently
Eg, mine was 934, I got to the point where my calibrated delay went from 650 to 626 which
was perfect for me, I was hitting 928, 930, 932 and 936 all the time. At this point it is just a
case of trying until you hit it again.
My biggest piece of advice is do not do an update every single time, eventually youl start hitting
further and further away. Once youare close to your delay keep trying.
And yeah, set your DS time to the target time, as Eon Timer says 0.

The guide on Smogon tells you what to set your calibrated delay to.
I tried it and it really doesnt work, I suggest you calibrate your Eon Timer
manually. I used this guide and it worked well; from there I only needed a few
additional updates to get close;
here

Once you can hit your seed we'll talk about frame advancements
A little bit annoying in the distortion world but I now know how to do it haha

Can I advance my frames quickly in a controlled manner dpp?? I just hit my target seed but caught the poke on frame 199 when I needed the poke on frame 200 :(

Edit: The problem was I was getting a seconds of 50 half the time and seconds of 51 the other half. seems to have gone away when I started using enter to start the timer.
What do you mean advance frames? Like how journal flips advance them? You can advance by 1 if you have a chatot with custom chatter in your party for DPPt.

What do you mean advance frames? Like how journal flips advance them? You can advance by 1 if you have a chatot with custom chatter in your party for DPPt.
Yes like that. read the sweet scent guide here and used the occidentary in RNG reporter to get to my target frame more quickly. Caught my first RNGed pokemon, a 31/31/31/31/31/31 modest ditto!

Edit: I was using chattot before, but going from frame 1 to 200 using only chattot leaves too much room for error and takes a long time.

Last edited:
Yes like that. read the sweet scent guide here and used the occidentary in RNG reporter to get to my target frame more quickly. Caught my first RNGed pokemon, a 31/31/31/31/31/31 modest ditto!

Edit: I was using chattot before, but going from frame 1 to 200 using only chattot leaves too much room for error and takes a long time.
Congratulations :-)

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader

Congrats!

It helps to have two Chatots on hand so you can just flip between their summaries in the party menu and advance the frame quickly that way. You only need to record one chatter for all Chatots in the current party.

hey guys and gals so I have an issue right now with my RNG experience (still trying to RNG my first poke giratina), anyway I got my delay down and everything but the advancement of frames is confusing me for some reason (doing journal method forgot chatots before entering distorting world).

I had done a test when I just catch him after I figure I get my target delay and I get Impish IVS: 22/20/31/31/22/0 which are frames 6,10,12,14,24,26,28,34,36 (BTW if someone can help narrow this down to the one frame that would be awesome) so I testing it frame 34 my target frame 254 so (254-34=220/2=110 journal flips which I did with the pokemon defeated (night) on that page) but when I checked the IVS I get Quirky IVS: 16/9/25/27/8/0 which are frames 225,237,241,243,259 which are all odd numbers how am I hitting these numbers when they should be even after 110 journal flips (btw I think its 3 flips of regular journal pages to hit the page I want).

Should I just kill it and try again when its in turnback cave? or is there a reason why I am hitting odd frames if you need more info let me know? or can I just leave the distorting world and catch a couple of chatots and use that method

This is my Seed that is in RNG reporter if this helps anyone solving my solution (380C0648)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 32)