Movie 12 giveaway: You want Mice and Llamas, yes?

A few weeks ago I posted some info about a 'Pikachu-coloured Pichu' that was ignored and deleted within ten minutes. As it is, the new CoroCoro, from SPP's sources, have revealed information about the two 12th movie giveaway pokemon.

Firstly, the Pichu. As it states, being Pikachu-coloured, because shiny is such a faux generic term, it holds an Everstone for you breeders or extreme runthrough players, is level 30 and boasts the moves Charm (base move), Endeavour (Unique), Volt tackle (Egg) and what seems to be Discharge or Charge, likely Discharge (Pikachu, level 37). Possible implications here would likely be in terms of Endeavour making our rat a proper FEAR with Quick Attack.

The other one is the obviously expected Arse Yes, or the llama. Naturally holding the mighty Rowap Berry, Arceus is sadly at level 100, but has Judgment (level move) as well as the three dragons' special moves, those being Roar of Time (Dialga), Spacial Rend (Palkia) and Shadow Force (Giratina). Naturally, my view is that the first and third moves will be dumped, but Spacial Rend seems incredibly tasty on the moveset of Arceus by providing a powerful dragon move without the need for a Draco Plate.

Anyways, discuss the two new events here.

Source.

Level 100 Arceus? How much more effin' useless can it get? (lol I wonder how we'll deal with that on Shoddybattle...). Pretty sweet that it gets those exclusive moves, though not entirely useful; if I want a Special Dragon move I'll use Draco Meteor.

The Pichu looks pretty cool too, if only because it's Pichu >_>

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
Cool, Arceus will finally be usable on Shoddy, although with it being Lv.100 it makes it much worse.
Ooh, Arceus. But lv.100, not fun. Does this mean we'll get it on Shoddy but can't attach EVs?
Actually, you can give Arceus 100 ev's in each stat by using vitamins.

If previous trends are any indication, some time after this event, Platinum will get the Azure Flute. At that point, you can get a good Arceus.

Nonetheless, Spacial Rend being exclusive to Crapceus is just lame.

Actually, Spacial Rend on anything other than Palkia is destined to fail. I'm bitter about the mouse, simply because it's nothing more than a goddamn plot device.

Someone get me the fat Purugly, we've some mousin' to do.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Uh, level 100 is fail. I hope this isn't going to be a recurring theme with future Event Legendaries. I'll still be looking out for one to trade, as well as the Pichu, I like to collect Event Pokémon.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I hope they give out Azure Flute, so we can get an actually competitively usable one :(

I bet the people responsible for these events are more marketing-types, who have no idea how the game actually works, but they're just like "It's Arceus, it's supposed to be god so it's supposed to be powerful. Let's just make it the highest level it can be."

EDIT: Base 120 stats all around goes a long way to make up for the lack of EVs. Assuming an Adamant nature and 100 EVs in each relevant stat (from vitamins), 406/331/301/248/301/301 isn't a horrible stat distribution.

Err... you can still EV train at Lv. 100, if memory serves; just train, deposit in box, withdraw. Simple?
Nope, you haven't been able to do that since GSC. You don't gain any experience at level 100, so you don't gain any Effort Values

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I posted this info in the Uber thread and it gets ignored T_T. But it's not relevant now.

On the other hand, once this is released extended clause will only exist as "Use Arceus with proper EVs".
Like Shaymin and Darkrai, I'm waiting for them to give out the Azure Flute. THEN we'd have a real Arceus.

Alright:
- Roar of Time is useless
- Spacial Rend is....for who? There's Draco Meteor for non dragon Arceus, as well as Dragon Pulse. You better think hard to fit Spacial Rend into this.

Also Raverist, Darkrai sometimes uses Spacial Rend...perhaps to badly damage Palkia.

- Shadow Force is oddly probably the best option in here. For Ghost
Arceus, SDed Shadow Force does a ton of damage to Groudon and OHKOes Kyogre, Lugia and Giratina-it's pretty freaking painful. Normal types don't want to switch into this in fear of Brick Break. Be careful, though, if the opponent catches you on the startup turn. SD/Shadow Force/Brick Break[Sub/Recover] might work. Sub protects you in case your opponent catches you on the charge turn, and if Blissey dares to show her head she'll realize she can't do anything and you get more SDs while keeping your Sub intact. Also beware of 8 PP.

Shadow Force calcs (from 301 Atk-you'll want to run Jolly because it outruns Palkia) from Ghost Plate

+2 Shadow Force vs 404 HP / 276 Def Kyogre
(337, 340, 345, 349, 352, 357, 361, 364, 369, 373, 376, 381, 385, 388, 393, 397)
If you can get Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes, Kyogre will die. Also OHKOes not defensive Ogres (you need at least 404 HP and 231 Def to even have that 1/16 chance of surviving it, without any entry hazards in calculation)

+2 Shadow Force vs 248 HP / 252 Def Giratina
(500, 506, 512, 518, 524, 530, 536, 542, 548, 554, 560, 566, 572, 578, 584, 590)
Lol. He won't got to even touch you with Will-o-Wisp

+2 Shadow Force vs 404 HP / 350 Def Groudon
(267, 270, 273, 276, 279, 283, 286, 289, 292, 295, 298, 301, 304, 307, 310, 315)
Well, it's better than Shadow Claw's 3HKO...

SDed Shadow Force also OHKOes Rayquaza, while SDed Shadow Claw fails to do so.

On a semi related note Pichu gets Endeavor! (Not sure if that's useful for anything but it doesn't get Endeavor in Plat tutor).

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What good would Shadow Force do, when two Shadow Claws are more powerful and hits every turn?

Wait oak's letter and the thing for darkrai were released? I thought they weren't? When did this happen?

Jibaku

is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
What good would Shadow Force do, when two Shadow Claws are more powerful and hits every turn?
Securing KOes. Take it like this: Shadow Claw doesn't OHKO Giratina-then it'll burn you or phaze you away. Same with Kyogre- Surf won't OHKO Arceus but will put it into Scizor's Bullet Punch range. If you use Shadow Force this situation doesn't happen. Sure, Shadow Claw does more damage in two turns, but Shadow Force's invincibility actually means something. I addressed the Normal Pokemon swapping into Shadow Force situation in my earlier post.

There's also forcing switches. If you get Spikes/TS (unspinnable due to Ghost typing), you can wear down the incoming Normal type (which can only swap in at the very turn Arceus starts its Shadow Force), perhaps into Brick Break's kill range. From there you can just spam Shadow Force against the rest of the team.

So yes, the other two moves will be useless while Shadow Force is actually worth mentioning. Sounds odd, but when there's a 50 base power difference from the next Ghost physical move, and doesn't have a recharge turn, you know it's up for consideration considering the crucial KOes it can achieve.

Though a horrible weakness of Shadow Force lies in Arceus' Speed. With only a Speed stat of 331, faster attackers such as Latios can swap in, deal damage with Draco Meteor or something. Arceus Shadow Forces, and opponent switches to Blissey, then either sacks it or switches back to Latios on a predicted Brick Break, and finishes Arceus off. Either get rid of anyone faster than him or any Ghost immunes/resists (though unless they're Skarmory they'll take a lot from SD Force). If he was given proper EVs, Shadow Force would've been more useful.

EDIT: Also, I checked the CoroCoro scan in a Sppf thread (regarding the 12th movie). Pichu has Charge, not Discharge, if my translation of the text is correct. That and the picture looks like its using Charge, not discharge

http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org39112.jpg

My memory fails me, but isn't there some one-time-only hold item that eliminates the startup turn? I know Arceus wouldn't get STAB on it, but a Shadow Force out of nowhere may do rather well.

Jibaku

My memory fails me, but isn't there some one-time-only hold item that eliminates the startup turn? I know Arceus wouldn't get STAB on it, but a Shadow Force out of nowhere may do rather well.
Power Herb allows Arceus to do this. Though it's pretty impractical as it's a one time use.

Power Herb, yeah.

Damn, I wish I could go to these events and be able to get all these fancy event Pokemon, but being up here in Canada and with the closest Toys R Us being an hour and a half drive away it's kind of impossible for me.

So does this mean that only Japan gets it in July and the US will get it later or Arceus is getting released in the US in July.

Also maybe its like Regigigas, get the event and than you can get the azure flute
It's released in Japan in July; the release date for the US is unknown, but we should get it whenever they release the movie here, which should be sometime in Spring 2010, based on passed release dates.

And no, I'm very confident that this Arcues won't trigger the Azure Flute event, as that's just weird (Arcues triggering a copy of itself? That doesn't make much sense; at least Regigigas triggered the Regi trio, which in turn could be used to get another Regigigas, and not directly trigger itself). Plus, Nintendo would much rather save that for another marketing opportunity, instead of using both at once.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)