Signups MPL VII - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perish Song

flaunt
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Co-Hosted with Ticken

Banner made by Ticken

Time to get the show on the road. Manager signups for MPL VII are now open! If you will be signing up, please be sure to read the rules below. There will be two forms of signups: Those for returning managers and those for new managers.
If you are a returning manager, please indicate the team you will be returning to manage by typing the letter assigned to it. Returning managers will be given priority to reclaim their existing teams, but they cannot take over a team that was not previously theirs. If you would like to change the name of the team you previously managed, please include the new team name in your post.

Manager Name:
Assistant Manager (Assman):
Team Name:
Returning Manager:
Previous Team: (Use the assigned letter)
New Team Name (if you're changing it):

* Note - MPL has the strictest Team Name convention. If you wish to rename a team, it must be a place that exists in the Pokemon universe. It is up to our discretion if the place you choose only appeared in the Pokemon anime and for only a couple of appearences. Generally 3 or less episodes. Additionally, the first letter of the first word in the name must be the same first letter of the Pokemon name you use with it. I.e. Littleroot Lotad / Trick House Treeckos. Shortened Pokemon names are acceptable if it is still easy to understand which Pokemon it refers to. PM Ticken or me if you have any questions, or we will message you if we believe it doesn't follow a criteria.

Example:
Manager name: 1 True Lycan
Assistant Manager (Assman): Sabella
Team name: Hearthome Honchkrows
Returning manager: Yes
Previous team: D
For retaining rights, new managers will be assigned to a team based on affiliation of prior MPLs. If there is no strong affiliation then they can indicate what preference they have for what team to takeover. If you are selected to take over the name of a previous team and would like to change the name of the team you are assigned to, please include the new team name you would like for the team you are assigned. Ability to actually change the name is dependent on the prior manager's approval.

Manager Name:
Assistant Manager (Assman):
Previous Team Affiliations:
Retain Preference 1:
Retain Preference 2:
New Team Name (if you're changing it and have approval):

Example:
Manager Name: Omega-Xis
Assistant Manager (Assman): Dirpz
Previous Team Affiliations: Hau'oli Houndooms
Retain Preference 1: Hau'oli Houndooms
Retain Preference 2: Dreamyard Darkrais

New Team Name: Mauville Memers
Manager prices will be handled the same way as MPL VI detailed HERE. We will only be using records from the most recent 2 MPLs, MPL V and MPL VI, in the calculation. MWP and Mono World Cup will not be included. The price ranges will remain the same as well as the number of each group. 15k is an exception if many managers, more than 4, did not play in both MPL V or MPL VI. Needless to say, managers who did not play in MPL V or MPL VI will automatically be 15k.
Manager prices are calculated based on the 2 most recent MPL scores multiplied by the win % and placed into ranges from 0-500, 501-1500, and so on if you keep adding 100 up to 3500+. Prices start at 12.5k and increment by 2.5k each bracket higher up to 22.5k. Read the (slightly) more detailed version here.

Team A: Blackthorn Bucks
Team B: Dreamyard Darkrais
Team C: Goldenrod Gengars
Team D: Hau'oli Houndooms
Team E: Hearthome Honchkrows
Team F: Meteor Falls Miniors
Team G: Mirage Island Milotics
Team H: Trick House Treeckos

Standings/Prices from MPL VI

If you want to retain a player, then the price to retain them is the player's cost from MPL VI plus an additional 3k cost. However, if the player being retained is the same as last year, it will cost another 3k, totaling 6k their MPL VI price. The minimum cost to retain a player is 10k. There is a maximum of 1 retain per team. Additionally, you can only retain if you keep the previous team's name.

List of Players who were retained in MPL VI: [Player Name] - [Original Price] ([New retain price] for Team -)
dahli - 18k (24k for Team C)
Feitan the steam is banned from this Tournament season
Maple - 10k (16k for Team B)
Meta - 12k (18k for Team H)
North - 20k (26k for Team D)
Star - 16k (28k for Team E)
Trichotomy - 15k (21k for Team D)
The same formats as the previous MPL. 8 slots; 3 SS, 2 SM, 1 ORAS, 1 BW, and 1 Multi-Gen Bo3.

SS
SS
SS
SM
SM
ORAS
BW
Multi-Gen Bo3*

*(Each week will have a "Removed Gen" that determines which generation will not be played between SM, ORAS, or BW with SS being locked as the starting generation. The loser of the first match picks the gen for the second, and, if a third game is necessary, the remaining gen will be played.)

The draft date will be decided upon by the managers following the end of Player Signups. Expect the weekend of June 26th-27th! The budget will again be 130k.

The manager selection process is mostly subjective. Ticken and I will select the managers we feel are most strongly involved with the community and display the attitude requisite of a manager.

Manager signups ends on Sunday, June 13th at 11:59PM GMT -4!

Last edited by a moderator:
Manager Name: Splash
Manager Name: Conflux
Previous Team Affiliations: Hau'oli Houndooms and Meteor Falls Miniors
Retain Preference 1: Hearthome Honchkrows
Retain Preference 2: Meteor Falls Miniors
New Team Name: TBA (depends on what we get)

Last edited:

Dieu Amphibien

I COULD BE BANNED!
Manager Name: Dieu Amphibien (me!!!)
Assistant Manager (Assman): Fraolain (basically trichotomy but in stronger)
Previous Team Affiliations: yes
Retain Preference 1: idk what this means
Retain Preference 2: Goldenrod Gengars
New Team Name (if you're changing it and have approval): The official non-profitable association of customer advisers for individuals of the Périgord region Charizards

Why I should be picked as a manager: I want to be a manager for this MPL I have accumulated various achievements in the monotype tier lately that would make you want to choose me as a manager. Sadly I will only include the most minor ones for privacy reason.

-My teambuilding level has transcended anything one could possibly comprehend, making me a great ressource for my future team.
-I was officially elected to be the best Monotype player in France (I know, it's not really a thing to be proud of, but it's still kind of cool)
-The last time I lost a pokemon battle was probably in 2004, I think it was a friendly game against ABR
-My mother is very proud of me
-I basically invented every set you see everyday on the ladder (I also made the wish killer squad), my charisma level is so high everyone want to copy me
-I dont shitpost
-I usually win all of my games blindfolded without hands, (all of that on a wii, with the wii wheel from mario kart wii) So you should pick me because I'm very good at pokemon and video games which would make me the best manager !!!

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Manager Name: Isza
Assistant Manager (Assman): wanka
Previous Team Affiliations: Both Krow affiliates, Tapus, and Treeckos
Retain Preference 1: Hearthome Honchkrows
Retain Preference 2: Doesn't matter, we'll be changing the name of whatever team we get if we don't get krows
New Team Name (if you're changing it and have approval): TBD

Bushtush

Banned deucer.

DYA

not a weeb
is a Community Contributor
5cgyy0.png

Third times the charm
Manager Name: Skysolo
Assistant Manager (Assman): H.M.N.I.P
Previous Team Affiliations: The Meteor Fall miniors
Retain Preference 1: Alkione
Retain Preference 2: Attribute
New Team Name: nah

Why we should get the team: Me and Pietro have been apart of the Miniors franchise for over a decade and we have shown along the time that no one else would be as dedicated as us two in bringing home the trophy for the Miniors. That is all

H.M.N.I.P

https://youtu.be/pIr6TjG7Rko
is a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
View attachment 347995
Third times the charm
Manager Name: Skysolo
Assistant Manager (Assman): H.M.N.I.P
Previous Team Affiliations: The Meteor Fall miniors
Retain Preference 1: Alkione
Retain Preference 2: Attribute
New Team Name: nah

Why we should get the team: Me and Pietro have been apart of the Miniors franchise for over a decade and we have shown along the time that no one else would be as dedicated as us two in bringing home the trophy for the Miniors. That is all
I don't have anything else to add here, but still wanna farm some likes so.. ratio I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)