Mr. Simple (Peaked #5)

Introduction

Sup people. After months of playing OU, I decided it's time for me to try out a different tier as OU is pretty boring. I spent some time browsing through the smogon tier lists, and eventually, I decided UU shall be the tier I'll be going with. So I decided I need a team, but I don't know how to make one as I've never played UU before that and don't know much about the metagame. So I decided it's best for me to get help from a tutor, who helped me to make this team.
This is a Bulky-Offense Team focused on sweeping with Life orb Alakazam. It also features underrated threats such as offensive Porygon2, specially defensive Escavalier, and scarfed Rotom-C. I also managed to get to #5 on the ladder with this team, so it's it's definitely a solid team with most of the UU threats covered well. Without further ado, let me present you the team.

Overview:

In Depth:

Rotom-C @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leaf Storm
- Trick

Why This Pokemon?
Well, Rotom-C is hands down, one of the most underrated threat in the UU metagame as of now. With bulky Water-types getting more common nowadays, I know for a fact that I need a revenge killer that is capable of taking water hits. I went browsing through the UU threat list and immediately, Rotom-C caught my eye. Since then, I've never regretted having Rotom-C on this spot of the team.

Moveset and EVs
Rotom-C was added for revenge killing, therefore a Choice Scarfed set would be the best for this team. Volt Switch is a good scouting move that forces a lot of switches, while at the same time giving me a great momentum with the switching advantage i'll be getting. Leaf Storm is another great stab on Rotom-C, OHKO'ing Rhyperior and Krookodile switch ins as they predict a Volt Switch, and hits anything that doesnt resist it hard, barring Chansey and Snorlax. Hidden Power Fire surprises Escavaliers and Abomasows, as most people wouldn't expect me to have it. Trick is really useful for shutting down Chansey, otherwise it might be a little tricky to take down.

Rhyperior (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Megahorn

Why This Pokemon?
Every good team needs a Stealth Rocker, and this team is nothing different. I had Deoxys-D on this spot of the team but after some playtesting, I realized the fire weakness i'm having is pretty significant and I need something to take the fire hits. The only Stealth Rockers in UU that can resist Fire hits are Aerodactyl and Rhyperior, so I tested both. After some testing, I decided Rhyperior is the way to go as Aerodactyl is pretty frail and weak to Stealth Rock.

Moveset and EVs
Stealth Rock is the staple of this set, as Rhyperior is capable of abusing it to its fullest. Rhyperior can switch into almost any non super effective physical attacking moves and set up Stealth Rocks. Earthquake is one of the most powerful stab moves Rhyperior can have, 2HKO'ing everything that doesnt resist it, including Eviolite Chansey. Rock Blast allows Rhyperior to break substitutes, while being a remarkably powerful stabbed move in its own right. Megahorn is another powerful move for Rhyperior to have, hitting Shaymin switch ins for a OHKO and Slowbro switch ins for a 2HKO.

Escavalier (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Toxic

Why This Pokemon?
In the recent UU metagame, Alakazam has became one of the most used sweeper, as it sports both high Special Attack and Speed, while having great coverage moves. Escavalier serves as a great counter for Alakazam by trapping it with Pursuit, where else Alakazam won't be anywhere near killing Escavalier unless it carries the unusual Hidden Power Fire. Other then that, Escavalier can also trap Choiced Chandelures locked into Shadow Ball, and 2HKO'ing the bulky Deoxys-D with a powerful Megahorn. This thing also shits on hail like a beast!!!

Moveset and EVs
With the given EVs, Alakazam can never 3HKO Escavalier with Focus Blast at full health, while Alakazam would get 2HKO'd by Pursuit. Megahorn is the most powerful stab move Escavalier can have, hitting anything that doesnt resist it hard. Iron Head is another great stab on Escavalier, hitting the likes of Froslass for an OHKO. Pursuit traps Alakazam and Froslass, allowing the rest of my team to have an easier time sweeping. Toxic surprises Arcanine and Chandelure switch ins, allowing me to cripple them.

Mismagius (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Why This Pokemon?
As this team is focused on an Alakazam sweep, I'll need to remove Alakazam's counters. Mismagius serves as a good lure for Alakazam's counters, luring in the likes of Escavalier and cripple it with Will-O-Wisp. Other then that, with Will-O-Wisp and Pain Split, Mismagius is capable of beating Chanseys 1 on 1.

Moveset and EVs
As I stated earlier, this set is used for luring purposes, so Will-O-Wisp is an important move on this set. Will-O-Wisp cripples the likes of Escavaliers, which will usually stop Alakazam from sweeping. Pain Split is is my only form of recovery, extending my longevity. Shadow Ball stops Mismagius from completely being a Taunt bait, while at the same time dishing decent amount of damage to the likes of Dusclops. Substitute makes the opponent think that it's some sort of set up set, so they bring in the likes of Snorlax and Escavalier to stop it, which is when they get burned. It also helps to sub up as Scarfed Pokemon like Krookodile switch in to kill missy.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Trait: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam
- Discharge
- Recover

Why This Pokemon?
After finishing more then half of my team, I realize Houndoom and Chandelure are pretty big threats to my team, as Rhyperior can't take repeated Fire Blasts nor take a boosted Dark Pulse from Houndoom. Porygon2 can trace both Houndoom and Chandelure's Flash Fire and dish out a decent amount of damage to both of them. Offensive Porygon2 is also probably the best Pokemon in UU at the moment. Seriously if you try it out, you'll wonder why the hell you ever used a defensive set.....

Moveset and EVs
After testing a few different movesets for Porygon2, I came over a more offensive variant of Porygon2, which later impressed me. Tri Attack is a powerful stab Porygon2 can have, 2HKO'ing the likes of Hitmontop and Heracross. Discharge is my way of hitting bulky Water types, which could otherwise wall this set. Ice Beam rounds off the coverage of this set as it hits Ground and Flying types for a huge amount of damage.

Alakazam (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

Why This Pokemon?
And finally, last bust not least, we have the star of the team - Alakazam ! Alakazam is one of the best sweeepers in the UU metagame as of now, 2HKO'ing almost everything with a Life Orb equipped. What makes it even better is, Alakazam has the ability Magic Guard, which prevents damage from Life Orb, Sandstorm, Hail, and etc.

Moveset and EVs
After choosing Alakazam as my main sweeper, I had two sets to choose from : The Life Orb + Substitute set and the Focus Sash 4 Attacks set. After doing some playtesting, I decided Life Orb Alakazam is the way to go as Focus Sash is pretty much pointless on Alakazam. Psychic is a great stab on Alakazam, paired with Life Orb, it pretty much 2HKOs anything that doesnt resist it. Shadow Ball hits the likes of Mismagius and Chandelure for an OHKO, and it also has the chance of 2HKO'ing Dusclops after Stealth Rocks. Focus Blast covers Steel and Dark types, rounding off the coverage for this set.

Conclusion:
And that's the team. I would like to thank user ShakeItUp and Moo for helping me with writing this RMT as i'm not good at English. Any feedbacks would be appreciated =).

Importable:
Rotom-C @ Choice Scarf
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leaf Storm
- Trick

Rhyperior (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Megahorn

Escavalier (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Toxic

Mismagius (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Trait: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam
- Discharge
- Recover

Alakazam (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

TheSpecialOne

formerly Santuga
It's wierd. I faced a guy using your team and I won 6-0 very easily, but if I was against you, I am pretty sure we would have a very good battle. From what I faced, I can say that once your Rotom-C is gone, Escavalier will have a very good time coming in on almost all your Pokemon, mainly Porygon2 and Alakazam. You also seem to have a bit of Darmanitan weakness. I don't know if Rotom-C outspeeds with a Timid nature or not, but the only thing I see taking hits from it is Rhyperior and since it doesn't have a recovery move, if your opponent predicts your switch one or two times and goes for the Superpower or he has a Grass/Water type which every team has, you'll most likely have trouble with it. Maybe having a Slowbro somewhere could help checking Darmanitan while having the chance of burning Escavalier, but seeing that you would have to take out something to put it in, I would probably keep that team since the team members complement itself and each Pokemon has a specific function that is hard to be replaced.

It's wierd. I faced a guy using your team and I won 6-0 very easily, but if I was against you, I am pretty sure we would have a very good battle. From what I faced, I can say that once your Rotom-C is gone, Escavalier will have a very good time coming in on almost all your Pokemon, mainly Porygon2 and Alakazam. You also seem to have a bit of Darmanitan weakness. I don't know if Rotom-C outspeeds with a Timid nature or not, but the only thing I see taking hits from it is Rhyperior and since it doesn't have a recovery move, if your opponent predicts your switch one or two times and goes for the Superpower or he has a Grass/Water type which every team has, you'll most likely have trouble with it. Maybe having a Slowbro somewhere could help checking Darmanitan while having the chance of burning Escavalier, but seeing that you would have to take out something to put it in, I would probably keep that team since the team members complement itself and each Pokemon has a specific function that is hard to be replaced.
I'll usually find an opportunity to cripple Escavalier with Will-O-Wisp, and then switch to Rhyperior and EQ it. As for Darmanitan, it's a pretty big threat to my team, therefore keeping Stealth Rocks on the field is important (won't be a problem since i have Mismagius for spinblock), but other then that, thanks for the rate =)

Can't really give this a rate because I'm clueless regarding UU but from what i've read your team looks really solid. Good job darren!

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You should definetily try Knock Off > Toxic on Escavalier. It's really cool for removing leftovers, or Choice Scarfs from Darmanitan / Rotom-H, making them easier to revenge. For some reason, Chansey usually stays in on Esca too, so that's cool.

Also, consider using Download on Porygon2. It lets you come in on all bulky waters barring empoleon and get a special attack boost, then fuck shit up!

Sexy team :p

TheSpecialOne

formerly Santuga
Definetly agree with Moo on the Download instead of Trace. Porygon can still take Chandelure's hits very well when paired with Rhyperior, so it should not be a huge deal. Toxic and Knock Off are both somewhat circumstancial, so you are the one who knows which one is the best for you, imo.

I'm still in awe that your Escavalier survived a choice specs HP Fire from my Rotom-C. Damn that snail.

(Great team.)

You should definetily try Knock Off > Toxic on Escavalier. It's really cool for removing leftovers, or Choice Scarfs from Darmanitan / Rotom-H, making them easier to revenge. For some reason, Chansey usually stays in on Esca too, so that's cool.

Also, consider using Download on Porygon2. It lets you come in on all bulky waters barring empoleon and get a special attack boost, then fuck shit up!

actually i would keep the trace, otherwise choice scarf chandelure runs through the team without worries...rhyperior is 3HKOed by fire blast and thats hoping it chooses fire blast..

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Solid Team, D4RR3N, I could see why you reached so high in the ladder.

Isn't Sableye annoying to this team? It can heal itself against your Mismagius and Alakazam and start burning things. Rotom-C doesn't care too much about burn, but the residual damage would rack up. Would you consider Nasty Plot > Pain Split on Mismagius? This would reduce opportunities for Sableye or Mismagius to pester your team.

Can't really give this a rate because I'm clueless regarding UU but from what i've read your team looks really solid. Good job darren!
Thanks bro, appreciated =]

Moo said:

Knock Off is definitely an option to be considered. Thanks for the rate bro!

Santuga said:
Definetly agree with Moo on the Download instead of Trace. Porygon can still take Chandelure's hits very well when paired with Rhyperior, so it should not be a huge deal. Toxic and Knock Off are both somewhat circumstancial, so you are the one who knows which one is the best for you, imo.
Well, having Download Porygon2 instead of Trace would leave my team to be really Chandelure and Houndoom weak, that's the reason i'm running trace. But yeah, thanks dude !

Scade said:
I'm still in awe that your Escavalier survived a choice specs HP Fire from my Rotom-C. Damn that snail.

(Great team.)
Escavalier is a boss indeed =]

jamashawalker said:
actually i would keep the trace, otherwise choice scarf chandelure runs through the team without worries...rhyperior is 3HKOed by fire blast and thats hoping it chooses fire blast..
Yeah Trace Porygon2 is really important for my team, without trace I would be really vulnerable to Houndooms and Chandelures =)

Pocket said:
Solid Team, D4RR3N, I could see why you reached so high in the ladder.

Isn't Sableye annoying to this team? It can heal itself against your Mismagius and Alakazam and start burning things. Rotom-C doesn't care too much about burn, but the residual damage would rack up. Would you consider Nasty Plot > Pain Split on Mismagius? This would reduce opportunities for Sableye or Mismagius to pester your team.
Sableye would be a problem, but it can still be played around. Nasty Plot is a great idea actually, but I still feel that recovery would be more important to me. But thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely try it out when I have time =)

Upstart

Copy Cat
D4rr3n pretty cool team! I don't know if I ever battled you using it :(. My only real problem is that you don't seem to have a lot of anti-hazards/ hazards removal moves. I mean half your team isn't affected by spikes coupled with the offensive pressure this team produces I don't its too much of a problem. However once rhyperior goes down you are open to powerful threats (Darmanitan) eats your team for breakfast. As I said I don't really have a suggestion as you can play around it and keeping pressure. Good luck dude and great team.

Sableye would be a problem, but it can still be played around.
Another reason to keep using Trace is to give you a favourable switch-in on Sableye. Priority Recover on Porygon2 is absurd. With Charge Beam instead of Discharge, you could easily defeat Sableye and use its ability, alongside your offensive boosts and supreme bulkiness, to terrorize your opponent.

D4rr3n pretty cool team! I don't know if I ever battled you using it :(. My only real problem is that you don't seem to have a lot of anti-hazards/ hazards removal moves. I mean half your team isn't affected by spikes coupled with the offensive pressure this team produces I don't its too much of a problem. However once rhyperior goes down you are open to powerful threats (Darmanitan) eats your team for breakfast. As I said I don't really have a suggestion as you can play around it and keeping pressure. Good luck dude and great team.
Yeah Darmanitan is a really huge threat, that's why I have to play carefully whenever I see one of those. But yeah thanks for the rate =)

Scade said:
Another reason to keep using Trace is to give you a favourable switch-in on Sableye. Priority Recover on Porygon2 is absurd. With Charge Beam instead of Discharge, you could easily defeat Sableye and use its ability, alongside your offensive boosts and supreme bulkiness, to terrorize your opponent.
Oh right you reminded me something i forgotten to mention, thanks dude ! But yeah, Charge beam is a great option, I'll get that noted. Thanks!

Hey you have a nice team here but there is a pretty substantial rain weak. i remember when we played a combo of kingdra, tops and shell smash gorre ran through your team because a) you only have one water resist, that is then killed off by a coverage move and b) you dont have any means of stopping rain going up agian after the initial 8 turns. just some food for thought.

Hey you have a nice team here but there is a pretty substantial rain weak. i remember when we played a combo of kingdra, tops and shell smash gorre ran through your team because a) you only have one water resist, that is then killed off by a coverage move and b) you dont have any means of stopping rain going up agian after the initial 8 turns. just some food for thought.
Hmm... you're right, this team is pretty weak to rain. Thanks for pointing it out =)

Anyways, any suggestions from you guys about the rain weakness?

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Nice team man!
For the rain problem that you mentioned you could use a S.Defensive Epmoleon with Scald/GK/SR and Roar in the place of Rhyperior.

To solve the Darmanitan problem that you now have you could make your Porygon2 Physically defensive.

With Empoelon you can also burn Sableye and if you put Charge Beam in Porygon2 you can also fuck up Sableye as they already mentioned.

So my suggestions S.Defensive Empoleon>Rhyperior,make Porygon2 more defensive and run Charge Beam on Porygon2.

Nice team man!
For the rain problem that you mentioned you could use a S.Defensive Epmoleon with Scald/GK/SR and Roar in the place of Rhyperior.

To solve the Darmanitan problem that you now have you could make your Porygon2 Physically defensive.

With Empoelon you can also burn Sableye and if you put Charge Beam in Porygon2 you can also fuck up Sableye as they already mentioned.

So my suggestions S.Defensive Empoleon>Rhyperior,make Porygon2 more defensive and run Charge Beam on Porygon2.
great idea actually, but that'll leave me even weaker to Darmanitan, I'll try it out anyways. Thanks!

NightFox

Banned deucer.
This is the kind of teams that I like.My suggestion is change porygon 2 for a bulky water like suicune that help you with darmanitan and SD weaville, i think that you should keep rhyperior because specs raikou would be a big problem. Nice team :3

This is the kind of teams that I like.My suggestion is change porygon 2 for a bulky water like suicune that help you with darmanitan and SD weaville, i think that you should keep rhyperior because specs raikou would be a big problem. Nice team :3
great idea, but that would leave my team to be Chandelure weak again, as Energy Ball 2HKOs Suicune after Stealth Rocks if I'm not mistaken, I'll try it out though! Thanks =)

Btw, Bumping in to see if you guys have any other opinions on this team =]

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
great idea actually, but that'll leave me even weaker to Darmanitan, I'll try it out anyways. Thanks!
Yes you are right.Without Rhyperior Darmanitan has a chance,even very small,to 2hko even max def/max hp Porygon2 and anything else on this team.

So i recommend you switch Porygon2 for standart RestTalk Snorlax.
Snorlax is the biggest counter to every Chandelure out there and takes 37,5% damage max from Adamant Darmanitan's FB.Not to mention that with all this recoil from Snorlax's huge HP it will die pretty fast.
CB Darmy can easily kill something in ur team but it can be handled because it can be outsped by 3 members in your team and is revenge killed pretty easily.

Yes you are right.Without Rhyperior Darmanitan has a chance,even very small,to 2hko even max def/max hp Porygon2 and anything else on this team.

So i recommend you switch Porygon2 for standart RestTalk Snorlax.
Snorlax is the biggest counter to every Chandelure out there and takes 37,5% damage max from Adamant Darmanitan's FB.Not to mention that with all this recoil from Snorlax's huge HP it will die pretty fast.
CB Darmy can easily kill something in ur team but it can be handled because it can be outsped by 3 members in your team and is revenge killed pretty easily.
hmm sounds like a great idea, definitely something worth trying out, Thanks !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)