My First Drizzle

My First Drizzle

This was my first attempt at a drizzle team, and so far it's worked pretty well, however I could use some advice improving upon it.

Politoed @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]

The key player. General type coverage along with choice specs to allow me to kill most things it hits.

Keldeo-Resolution @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Originally a starmie, I put in this guy for its ability to get rid of obnoxious pokemon like blissey in one hit after I get a CM boost.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 32 SAtk / 224 HP / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Flash Cannon

Sub CM Jirachi is a great asset to me. Able to resist a plethora of moves, I can sit there and ready up until I'm ready to OHKO jellicents, TTars, and more.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin

After replacing starmie, i realized it was probably a good idea to have a spinner. With his ability to set up effectively, and his only weakness being reduced by the rain, forretress seemed like the best option.

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk

Tornadus, my anti-breloom. After the constant spores and inability to effectively deal with fighting types, I decided tornadus was a good move, especially with his ability to use Sleep Talk to surprise pesky brelooms and amoongus.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang

Originally a dugtrio to get rid of those pesky weather setters that this team doesn't like, but he was just getting murdered by garchomps left and right. Doing the only logical thing, I replaced him with a garchomp to fight fire with fire, and it has worked out so far.

Thanks for taking time to read this, and any feedback and suggestions will be appreciated.

Hi shige. Let me start off by saying the first thing that popped out to me was that band Terrakion 2hko's your entire team with Close Combat. To help remedy this I would suggest Dugtrio > Forretress because your team isnt really hazard weak seeing how its so fast paced. Plus with duggy if you can figure out if your opponent is using a band or scarf Terrakion you can trap it pretty easily and ko it. It can also help you weaken other weather mons winning you the weather war much easier than normal.

(Dugtrio) (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
IVs: 21 Hp / 0 Def / 0 SDef
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Reversal
- Stealth Rocks

Hope I helped and good luck =].

Please make Garchomp a Jolly nature ASAP. Getting outsped by what you are trying to revenge kill or speedtie with is silly. Also, Tornadus really ought to have a Timid nature with the 4 Atk EVs shifted to SDef or Def. U-turn's minimal damage output is not worth losing that much of a drop in Special Defense imo.

Overall, I like the team though. It looks very similar to my style. Just keep in mind that with all of that switching due to Choice items, weather starters will want to come in to, you know, change the weather, so keep Keldeo healthy to destroy those when they come out. He will be pivotal to winning the wars. Best of luck.

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Hi, your team seems overall solid, and there's just a few things I'd modify on it.

First of all, as Thaldios said, you should really run Jolly on Garchomp. Not outspeeding scarfed Salamence, Lando-I, Hydreigon and the onmipresent Genesect is a good recipe for disaster (especially since you carry Fire Fang that can trollishly OHKO unsuspecting Genescts).

Second, you should try switching to a Life Orb Tornadus-T, since it gives you much more freedom while wrecking the enemy. It also can abuse Superpower since LO boosts even physical moves, and hits way harder with U-Turn. You can continue running Sleep Talk in the last slot, if it's really essential to absorb status, or something else like Rain Dance or Taunt as a general utility (Rain Dance can win you otherwise lost weather wars, while Taunt is a bitch for all those walls that try to stop you). However, if you decide to keep using Specs, I'd suggest switching to a Timid nature: U-Turn won't dal significant damage anyway without LO boost, and not lowering your physical defense can be handy while switching into Breloom (+2 Mach Punch hurts, and can OHKO after SR and a very little residual damage; Timid makes harder for Breloom to get rid of you even if you're slightly weakened) while avoiding the unconditional OHKO from things like Band Mamoswine most of the times.

Lastly, you should switch to a more standard 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe for your SubCM Jirachi. Not using 252 HP means giving up the chance of beating Blissey, which is quite hard to pass up, while having only a slight boost in special attack in return, which will hardly help.

Other than that, great team, good luck for it, and hope I helped somewhat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)