Swampert @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Swampert can almost always set up stealth rock, uless their lead is a celebi or carries grass knot. Then, I roar them away, doing SR damage, and being aware of what their team holds for me in the future. If they are a taunter lead, I usually ice beam, hoping to get lucky with a freeze, or I switch to rotom. This guy has had a HP Grass Heatran weakness, and he really poses a threat on my team.

My Special Sweeper:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Spd / 80 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Not as fun to abuse as the parahax set, but it gets his job done. Substitute on the switch on something that is not threatening, calm mind 1 or 2 times, and then thunderbolt/ psychic away. I have found that this team has a weakness to heatran, as I mentioned before, and that I cannot sweep when one is still in play.

My Revenge Killer:
Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Atk / 252 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn

Scizor as a revenge killer is common, but for a good reason. This metal mantis is a beast! Revenge kill any ghosts, tyranitars, starmies, and SOMETIMES heatran, if they are using a slower one. Otherwise I set myself up for disaster. Another pokemon of mine that has a heatran weakness.

Revenge Killer #2 and Spin Blocker:

Rotom-C @ Leftovers

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leaf Storm
- Shadow Ball
- Discharge

Rotom-C is a great spin blocker, as it can switch on a starmie and provide a powerful STAB move that could be fatal. It also can take out any swampert that try to switch in, to face a 4x Weakeness to Leaf Storm. Will-O-Wisp something for extra damage, and another STAB Shadow Ball to deal with opposing ghosts.

My Scarfgon:

Flygon @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Scarfgon can switch in to a number of pokemon that are threats on my team, like jolteon, and revenge kill a salamence, outspeeding even a +1 with its Jolly nature and speed EV's. If I am expecting a switch, I -turn out to something that can take on the new enemy. Fire Blast deals with skarmory and scizor, while earthquake deals with tyranitar, infernape, and heatran. Outrage for a OHKO on salamence, as long as it doesn't switch to a steel.

My Rapid Spinner/ Toxic Spiker

Tentacruel @ Leftovers

Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Toxic Spikes

With thunder wave gone off of Jirachi, Toxic Spikes provides a good status effect against switch ins while Jirachi tries to sweep. A couple of HP Electrics can take care of Gyarados and starmie, while Surf provides a powerful STAB. Rapid spin away other hazards that my team hates, and I'm good to go.

This is my very first RMT, and I hope I provided everything that is needed. I really need help improving this team, because I am still torn apart by a lot of teams, like ones with kingdra and heatran. I get a good number of wins, but I would like that good number to increase into a GREAT number. Thank you for your help!

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
O.K it seems that you ahve the bones of a great team here Dan so I will try and give you some help.

First I would really suggest Toxic Spikes on Tentacruel, this may seem detrimental to Jirachi but in reality it allows you to break down bulky waters, If Kingdra is running leftovers then it cannot sweep as effectivly as it needs to set up a sub and DD up. this measn it takes increasing poison damage before it even attampts to sweep.

Next Kingdra does your Salamence set better, however if the prospect of Kingdra is distastful then the standard Salamence DD set is much better for your team.

Next up I suggest a Swampert over Hippowdon with a Mixpert set. This allows you to phaze youyr opponient and gives you slightly more bulk on the SpD side of things, Plus it is a muhc better lead than Hippowdon can be.

A scarf Gengar is not a great lead. I suggest the Swampert I suggested going over Gengar in the lead spot. Gengar could then run a SubGar set which allows it to protect itself from Pursuit users and for it to be more offensive than your previous set.

lastly the Jirachi set is awesome however with Toxic Spikes that I suggested its harder to parahax, rather than get rid orf Jirachi (which is very usefull for your team) I suggest changing the set to a Sub + CM set or a Wish + CM set. Both sets abuse Toxic Spikes and can prove devastating to your opponient and Jirachi can sweep after it has recieved enough CMs.

Thats it really, hope that I helped!

Have a Nice Day!

O.K it seems that you ahve the bones of a great team here Dan so I will try and give you some help.

First I would really suggest Toxic Spikes on Tentacruel, this may seem detrimental to Jirachi but in reality it allows you to break down bulky waters, If Kingdra is running leftovers then it cannot sweep as effectivly as it needs to set up a sub and DD up. this measn it takes increasing poison damage before it even attampts to sweep.

Next Kingdra does your Salamence set better, however if the prospect of Kingdra is distastful then the standard Salamence DD set is much better for your team.

Next up I suggest a Swampert over Hippowdon with a Mixpert set. This allows you to phaze youyr opponient and gives you slightly more bulk on the SpD side of things, Plus it is a muhc better lead than Hippowdon can be.

A scarf Gengar is not a great lead. I suggest the Swampert I suggested going over Gengar in the lead spot. Gengar could then run a SubGar set which allows it to protect itself from Pursuit users and for it to be more offensive than your previous set.

lastly the Jirachi set is awesome however with Toxic Spikes that I suggested its harder to parahax, rather than get rid orf Jirachi (which is very usefull for your team) I suggest changing the set to a Sub + CM set or a Wish + CM set. Both sets abuse Toxic Spikes and can prove devastating to your opponient and Jirachi can sweep after it has recieved enough CMs.

Thats it really, hope that I helped!

Have a Nice Day!
Thank you sooo much! I will try out your suggestions!

Ok I got your PM

First off, I agree with ginganinja that you should use a mixpert lead and use sub gar. Also Mence isn't suited to Sub DD because Kindra or heck even Nite does that a lot better because of their better defenses. In fact I suggest a Sub DD nite instead of Sub DD Mence because of Nite's better defenses

Dragonite@ Leftovers
EV's: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 204 Spe
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves:

Substitute
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower/Earthquake/Roost

This set is more bulky and designed to take hits and set up a Sub and DD away. The choice of that last move choice is up to you, flamethrower takes care of steel types not named Heatran, but heatran can wall you so, you could use EQ to hit rock and non levitating steel types for SE damage. If you want nite to last longer and satisfied with one attack then use Roost and switch the item to Draco Plate for more of a kick in Dragon claw.

I love how you abuse Jirachi with the flinch hax and t-wave, but you need t-spikes as ginganinja also mentioned to take care of bulky water types.

Good Luck!

Hey I got your PM, let's get started.

I'm not really understanding Substitute on Mence. Sub + Sandstorm + rocks + life orb = salamence that dies in 3-4 turns. Therefore I'd give him leftovers or fire blast/ roost. Also, if no special moves, give him Timid.

On Tentacruel, sludge bomb isn't doing too much... why not use toxic spikes? Your team does a good job of abusing them (espiecally if you keep substitute on Salamence), and I think they'll be more useful in the long run.

That's all I got, good team.

I got your PM, so here goes:

As toxic Spork said, Substitute on Salamence, Stealth Rocks, Life Orb, and Sand Storm will just have Salamence live less than four turns. Therefore, I suggest Roost over Substitute. Also, I see a major Skarmory walled your whole team without it taking much damage besides Tentacruel using HP Electric on it, but Skarmory can just roost if off for neutral damage. First off, I want to change your Jirachi set because this set I'll suggest checks some like Scizor, Lucario, even Magnezone and I've used this set on Suspect so bare with me:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Fire Punch
- Iron Head
- Substitute

This Jirachi I've seen on the Jirachi analysis in C&C. It's a great set that even gets Magnezone. The EVs are not the EVs on the analysis set, though, I've changed them for a little more bulk. 252 EVs takes Earthquake, even from Adamant Flygon at full health but you shouldn't leave it anyway unless it's weakened. The 80 Atk EVs can 4HKO Metagross but with Thunderwave, Metagross really can't do anything but try and EQ, which is where Serene Grace adds on to Leftovers if you insist on using Iron Head to flinch hax it to regain HP. Substitute on things that'll scare off and when Heatran / Infernape / Gyarados come in, Thunderwave them so they have no sweeping capabalities. Fire Punch OHKOs Lucario but 2HKOs some Scizor's depending if they hold HP and some defense EVs. Thunderwave is good because it catches Magnezone switch-ins as well, they'll become more useless if you're under Sub because Magnezone is 2HKO / 3HKO'd depending on its bulky, and SR damage helps a lot as well.

For Hippowdon, Swampert should take over Gengar leads and you should take off Hippowdon for Gengar to revenge kill weakened Pokemons. MixPert Lead is great, and should be be replaced for Gengar because Swampert almost always guarantees you Stealth Rocks on the field:

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

It's just too bulky. the only thing is dies to is Metagross Explosion and HP Grass Heatran almost 90% of the time. 252/252 for the insane bulky and coverage Swampert can give to this team, and 4 Speed because you will win Mirror Matched Roar's with Swampert, since you'll Roar first. Swampert can be used late game to destroy DD Mence if it's at least 90% health, just to ensure it won't die to soon. Ice beam for the coverage to hit D-Nite and Salamence, D-Nite will need to get hit by Stealth Rock if you want to KO with Ice Beam. Earthquake for Heatran and Metagross, sometimes Infernape if they don't carry Grass Knot even though some Grass Knot's carely KO you.

Also, I don't see why Weavile's in this team, beside it killing T-tar, Starmie, and Gengar Low Kick will not kill Scizor, just saying. If Weavile is really giving you success on this team, I won't suggest anything over it.

Good luck with the team.

Thanks everyone! I switched the Jirachi, and made swampert my lead. Gengar really is better as a revenge killer that as a lead. As for salamence... I just don't know. I like his brutality, but for me it is situational. I need someone who could do it any game. And weavile is also a good revenge killer against dragons, weakened threats, can OHKO tyranitar, and deals with all ghosts that it faces against. If you can suggest something better, be my guest. Thanks for the rates, keep them coming!

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well did the Wish + CM or the Sub +CM sets for Jirachi not work, if so thats fine but I am still not sure about thunderwave on Jirachi mainly because Toxic Spikes in most cases will poison the opponient before you can paralyse.

Dragonite does the current Bulky DD thing better than Salamence, I suggest Fire Blast over Roost on Salamence so that Skarmory does not wall you and it gives you a secondary fire move to hit steels with.

I would prefer a Substitute/Shadow Ball/Focus Blast/ HP Fire Gengar with 4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe over your Gengar since it eliminates Scizor and Tyranitar and does not need a Sub up to be effective unlike your current set.

lastly I tentatively suggest testing CB scizor over Weavile. It can revenge many of the things that Weavile can and is not weak to SR. The reason I am saying this Tentatively because I don't want a whole Scizor vs Weavile debate occuring in this RMT lol

Have a Nice Day!

Well did the Wish + CM or the Sub +CM sets for Jirachi not work, if so thats fine but I am still not sure about thunderwave on Jirachi mainly because Toxic Spikes in most cases will poison the opponient before you can paralyse.

Dragonite does the current Bulky DD thing better than Salamence, I suggest Fire Blast over Roost on Salamence so that Skarmory does not wall you and it gives you a secondary fire move to hit steels with.

I would prefer a Substitute/Shadow Ball/Focus Blast/ HP Fire Gengar with 4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe over your Gengar since it eliminates Scizor and Tyranitar and does not need a Sub up to be effective unlike your current set.

lastly I tentatively suggest testing CB scizor over Weavile. It can revenge many of the things that Weavile can and is not weak to SR. The reason I am saying this Tentatively because I don't want a whole Scizor vs Weavile debate occuring in this RMT lol

Have a Nice Day!
actually I haven't tried your jirachi yet. As for the scizor, it sounds good, so i'll try it. Same with dragonite.

When I tested the new team, I won 7 out of 8 games. Thank you for all the suggestions, my team was using the swampert, gengar, scizor, jirachi (CM), and dragonite all suggested in the rates. I am really liking this team! It changed a lot, but for the better.

Hey, I got your PM. I actually got it a while ago, but FluoMafia was going on and it was intense and then I started working on a team with my friend. Anyway, onto rating.

It looks like you got a pretty solid team but it has some pretty big threats to it which can be tweaked with a few minor changes.

First of all, a HUGE special mixape weakness is notable. A set of Close Combat / Hidden Power [Ice] / Grass Knot / Fire Blast can take out 5/6 of your pokemon.

First off I would reccomend dropping Dragonite for Bulky DD Mence. I know you said Mence wasn't fitting, but it feels like a better fit than Dragonite because of its superior physical bulk, due to Intimidate. It can force out physical attackers and deal some decent damage.

Salamence @ Leftovers | 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe | Jolly Nature
Dragon Dance | Roost | Dragon Claw | Earthquake

Salamence is one of the strongest attackers in the metagame and is often used in offensive roles, but it can shine defensively as well. Roost helps make sure it can switch in and out as it needs to (for the most part). Dragon Claw + Earthquake has good coverage only resisted by Skarmory and Bronzong, the former of which is a problem because it can set up Spikes on you.

SubCM Jirachi I have found to be rather underwhelming when I used it. Its not that great in my honest opinion and is outclassed by Calm Mind Wish, because Calm Mind Wish can let you recover from crits if they aren't too bad and SubCM just leaves you vulnerable. CM Wish also gives you a bit of a support role. I'm not going to spell out the set because it pretty simple, replace Sub with Wish.

On Gengar I would suggest running Leftovers instead of Expert Belt, it loses some power, but not losing to Sandstorm (or the less common Hail) is great. Also, in your description, Blissey is like, 3HKO'd with Focus Blast, so it might be an option to run Pain Split instead of Hidden Power [Fire], allows you to beat Blissey easier or outstall her Softboileds.

Other than that, the team looks pretty solid. Good Luck :toast:

Also I want to apologize for any mispellings, as I did this I am on pain meds and its 1 AM in the morning here is a screenshot if you don't believe me.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Apologising for the slow response, due to exams. I largely share the opinions of the other raters:

Since you are relying on Gengar for spin-blocking, a more durable set is recommended. Sub + Pain split is great with toxic spikes, easily tearing through walls like Blissey, whilst hitting harder thanks to being able to run LO.

CM Wish Jirachi is highly recommended, given that a number of your team members lack recovery, such as Swampert and Tentacruel, the only things standing in the way of Infernape. Not only this, but it even sweeps better than SubCM sets, with the exception of trick destroying you. A defensive spread is necessary without the safety net of subs for crits, and for supporting your team earlier in the game.

As for this issue with Dragonite: Salamence does not have superior bulk, given that Dragonite and Mence almost always scare off whatever's in anyway. Regardless I'm not sure that either should be used. Mixed Dragonite or Salamence would probably be more effective, given that your team has trouble with some walls like Skarm. This could really help to open the opponent up for a sweep with Jirachi. Alternatively, you could consider something that helps you to beat threats like Heatran and Infernape better.

Black Sludge should not be used on Tentacruel. Leftovers is superior - the only circumstance in which it makes a difference is if the opponent tricks you. Tentacruel should never be intentionally used to absorb trick, given that it is completely crippled, so the opponent will likely only trick you if they want to. Trick users can deposit the black sludge onto one of your other pokemon, also crippling it.

Good luck.

Do you think a choice band flygon would be a good replacement for dragonite? It is a great counter to heatran and infernape, and gives me some good resistances, but I wont be able to dragon dance anymore.. Is it worth it?

Hey there I got your PM so I'll try to help as much as I can.

Seeing that your goal is a CM Jirachi sweep utilizing toxic spikes, I suggest running a bulkier spin blocker. A defensive rotom-a probably fits your team better than gengar since it can handle physical threats better and I really hate relying on Focus Blast against Tyranitar(this is just me though).

Another glaring weakness is an Jolteon, once swampert dies your entire team would be brutalized by him spamming thunderbolts everywhere. So a Choice Scarf Flygon fits here. It allows you to revnge kill more since you might swap Gengar in for rotom-a.

That's all I have for now, Hope I helped.

I replaced gengar for rotom-c so i could handle swampert better with leaf storm, and flygon to force switches, scout, and deal with infernape and heatran. It works pretty well! Thank you for all of the suggestions; keep them coming!

I'm liking that Rotom replacement, not necessarily the EV's though. Since Rotom is a revenge killer, you'll want to give it more speed EV's, not too much however, you'll still want the bulkiness

I don't like running Leaf Storm on Rotom as Toxic Spikes can break down Swampert. Instead run Pain Split>>Leaf Storm and Reflect>>Will-o-wisp because Toxic already poisons TTar and most of the other stuff you need to burn. You already have enough defence EVs so that you don't need Will-o-wisp to burn Metagross and Scizor.

I don't find Tentacruel to be helpful at all. It lacks power and doesn't have recovery. But I can't think of a suitable replacement so really its up to you.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
This team would LOVE Wish Support, as nothing has a recovery move. Choice Scarf Flygon and Choice Band Scizor are redundant, as they check the same threats. As such, I recommend replacing Scizor with Blissey. Removing Flygon is an option, but I wouldn't recommend it as your team is very slow as it is, and Flygon helps remedy this.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spe
-Wish
-Protect
-Seismic Toss
-Toxic

Thunder Wave is generally my favorite move on Blissey, but Toxic fits into the team's theme of Toxic Spikes. Toxic hits flying types that Toxic Spikes wouldn't affect, like Zapdos or Togekiss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)