My First UU team

Please lock my other thread.
I've been a member for about 2 months now and I've posted several OU teams, but I've reached the stage where I'm tired of the all to common leads. So I am now venturing into UU where the only experience I've had is watching other battles. That being said here is my team

Changes in red.

Venomoth @ Choice Scarf
Modest
252SPATK/252SPEED/4HP
Tinted Lens

Sleep Powder
Bug Buzz
HP[ground]
Energy Ball

I don't realy know much about UU so I'll state the obvios. Choice Scarf makes him pretty fast. Bug Buzz, Energy Ball, and H[ground] make good coverage and sleep powder is for those opponents that I don't want to stay in on. Tinted Lens over Shield Dust due to suggestions. He works. I've been told to change him to a speed of 398 but I don't know the exact EVs, could somone tell me what they would be?

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Adamant
252ATK/154 DEF/104SPDEF
Technition

Mach Punch
Bullet Punch
Rapid Spin
Fake Out

Technitop I beleive he's called. Rapid Spin is usefull and the Technition boost makes Mach punch reach a power of 90 without super effective.
I realy don't know what item to use so I just went with the "safe" option and put on Leftovers. As you continue to read you'll see Rapid Spin is invaluable. Fake Out over Aerial Ace for a free turn of leftovers and some free damage. With three priority moves I didn't need the speed EVs so more DEF.

Steelix @ Leftovers
Impish
252 HP/ 252 SPDEF/ 4 ATK
Sturdy

Earthquake
Eplosion
Stealth Rock
Toxic/Stone Edge

My main Phisical wall, and a beast of one at that. Without any EVs his DEF is a super 479. The HP and SPDEF evs are to make him more sturdy as a whole. I use Toxic but there have been times where I wish I had Stone Edge. EQ for an offencive move(aside from explosion) and SR because those rocks help win battles.

Clefable @ Toxic Orb
Calm
252 SPDEF/ 252 HP/ 4 DEF
Magic Guard

Wish
Protect
Thunderwave
Siesmic Toss

My special wall and a very good one. Wish/Protect for healing and passing wish to steelix makes him a much better wall. Otherwise it's the standard set(or so I'm told). My one thing with it is it realy can't do anything except just sit there. I've thought about Grumpig but I realy need the wish passing. I switched the Orbs from flame to toxic for more uncertenty on my opponents part.

Swellow @ Toxic Orb
Adamant
252 ATK/ 252 SPEED/ 4 HP
Guts

Brave Bird
Facade
Pusuit
U-Turn

The best sweeper I have and an extremely potent one. Toxic orb because for the first two turns it does less/same dammage as the Flame orb and on the third turn I can uturn out of there. He has swept 4 pokemon when I realy needed him to.

Ninetales @ Life Orb
Modest
252 SPEED/ 252 SPATK
Flash Fire

Flamethrower
Energy Ball
Nasty Plot
HP[ground]

I switched Shedinja for this guy. Nasty Plot for the SPATK boost and then sweep with excelent coverage. Gives me a much needed special sweeper.
Concerns: Poison types in general. I've been completely walled by Muk and I have no way of beating him.

Are there any glaring weaknesses? I'm not sure what are the main powerhouses of UU.

Well that's my team. Read, Rate, Destroy(REBIULD!), and all that fun stuff.

By the way. I can't get my computer to pull up arkeis.com so does anyone else have Avatar and RMT pics or a website I can get them at?

I think you want to put Tinted Lens on Venomoth. For a Special sweeper I'd use Ninetails or Manectric. You should replace Shedinja with one of those.

Something I noticed:
1) You can almost beat Item Clause if your Hitmontop holds something else (like Life Orb).

2) If you want your Hitmontop to hold Leftovers, I'd strongly suggest having Fake Out over... I guess Aerial Ace... and if that's the case, with 3 priority moves, I'd just not have any speed EVs at all, so you can have higher defenses or HP. Otherwise, Fake Out is still a pretty good option if you opt for Life Orb. But yah, if you want your top to be Sturdy, Fake Out is a good easy free turn of Leftovers recovery while doing some damage.

3) Yeah definitely Tinted Lens for Venomoth. It's can ease your prediction so much instead of having to switch it in and out all the time accumulating stealth rock damage.

4) If you're not trying to beat item clause, Toxic Orb > Flame Orb for Clefable, because if you have Flame Orb, it'll be obvious to your opponent that your Clefable has no physical attacks whereas with Toxic Orb it's uncertain. Alternatively of course, Swellow can go with Flame Orb too if you want.

Something I noticed:
1) You can almost beat Item Clause if your Hitmontop holds something else (like Life Orb).
I'm not but thanks.
2) If you want your Hitmontop to hold Leftovers, I'd strongly suggest having Fake Out over... I guess Aerial Ace... and if that's the case, with 3 priority moves, I'd just not have any speed EVs at all, so you can have higher defenses or HP. Otherwise, Fake Out is still a pretty good option if you opt for Life Orb. But yah, if you want your top to be Sturdy, Fake Out is a good easy free turn of Leftovers recovery while doing some damage.
I'll try that. I orriginaly had Fake Out but I didn't think it that good. I'll go back to it.
3) Yeah definitely Tinted Lens for Venomoth. It's can ease your prediction so much instead of having to switch it in and out all the time accumulating stealth rock damage.
Will do.
4) If you're not trying to beat item clause, Toxic Orb > Flame Orb for Clefable, because if you have Flame Orb, it'll be obvious to your opponent that your Clefable has no physical attacks whereas with Toxic Orb it's uncertain. Alternatively of course, Swellow can go with Flame Orb too if you want.
I'll switch Clefable. Thanks for all the advice.

Venomoth doesn't need all that speed. Switch it to Modest for power, and remove some Speed EV's to get to 398. This outspeeds Aerodactyl (396) and any other Scarfers trying to outspeed Aero at 397. You could go up to 400 if you're paranoid. You could also try to outspeed Electrode if you want, but it's not all that common and not a huge threat.

Also, go with Adamant over Jolly on TechniTop. Ground + Rock combos hit you pretty hard, but TechniTop stops them pretty well in general, so be sure to keep him alive.

Go to pokemonelite2000.com for (relatively bland) sprites. Anyway, good luck, hope this helped. Maybe I'll see you on the ladder!

P.S. Clefable's gay. *runs*

I forgot to change the nature when I changed the moveset. I'll try the site. I'm new at this, in my first OU team I used Garchomp/Blissey/Scarmory/Gengar(you get the picture).

It seems that you are eaten alive by fighters which are all to common in uu. Scarf primape or hitmonlee will kill you once swelow is gone and evn before it dies as well. put claydol in over maybe ninetails.

I'm not Going to replace Ninetales but I do see your point. Maybe over TichniTop? His main use was to rapid spin so I might replace him.

200 EVs allows Venomoth to hit 399 speed: It can't hit 398, 196 EVs generates 397 speed.

TechTop also needs 252 HP EVs. Always boost the lower defensive stat to give more overall defensive power. 252 HP EVs boosts Tops horrendous HP stat, and will give more durability than the spread you've got now.

put flame orb instead of toxic orb on swellow.
No. Toxic alows for less damage the first three turns and I can U-Turn out of the battle after that.

200 EVs allows Venomoth to hit 399 speed: It can't hit 398, 196 EVs generates 397 speed.

TechTop also needs 252 HP EVs. Always boost the lower defensive stat to give more overall defensive power. 252 HP EVs boosts Tops horrendous HP stat, and will give more durability than the spread you've got now.

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)