ギャラドス "Gyarados"
Equip Item: Leftovers
Adamant Nature ˜ Intimidate
252 Attack/ 68 Health/ 188 Speed
˜Dragon Dance
˜Waterfall
˜Ice Fang
˜Earthquake

Nothing in OU can resist this combination of attacks, and he eliminates several threats; Heatran, Infernape, Garchomp, the list goes on. I went with Ice Fang over Taunt because most of the time when you send in Gyarados on something like Blissey they switch because they expect you to taunt, allowing you a free Dragon Dance. When using Lucario and Tyranitar it is good to have a pokemon that can come in on fighting attacks and give the attacker a -1 attack stat.

カーボン "Carbon"
Equip Item: Life Orb
Adamant Nature˜Sand Stream
216 Attack/ 96 Special Attack/ 196 Speed
˜Crunch
˜Earthquake
˜Ice Beam
˜Fire Blast

The majority of pokemon do not like being hit by this combination of moves. Not going to go into detail he should be familiar to you all.

ライト "Light"
Equip Item: Leftovers
Bold Nature˜Natural Cure
252 Health/ 226 Defense/ 32 Speed
˜Grass Knot
˜Hidden Power Fire
˜Recover
˜Thunder Wave

My answer to bulky waters who try and ruin my fun. All the resistances really help this team out. So I'll see just how well Celebi can do in place of Shuckle.

エポキツ "Epoxy"
Equip Item: Yache Berry
Jolly Nature˜Sand Veil
252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 Special Defense
˜Swords Dance
˜Dragon Claw
˜Fire Fang
˜Earthquake

Ah how I miss the days when this was unheard of and people had no idea why I didn't run in fear of their Weaviles etc. Pretty simple Sword Dance and sweep.

チャンピオン "Champion"
Equip Item: Life Orb
Adamant Nature˜Inner Focus
252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 Health
˜Swords Dance
˜Extreme Speed
˜Crunch
˜Close Combat

Easily my favorite pokemon on the team, I win at least half the time off of him alone. Set up make things die, self explanatory.

パラドックス "Paradox"
Equip Item: Choice Scarf
Modest Nature˜Levitate
252 Special Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 Health
˜Hidden Power Ice
˜Thunderbolt
˜Shadowball
˜Hypnosis

My Starmie and Garchomp counter, two pokemon that would otherwise cause my team a great deal of trouble. I started using Hypnosis instead of Taunt just to see how it goes; and it has been working great. I couldn't tell you how many times people have been bold enough to send in Garchomp on this guy /facepalm He has been a star pokemon in my team, I mean who doesn't love a boltbeamer that takes no damage from Ground or Fighting or Normal attacks.

Threat List (Please Stop Ripping This)
Garchomp: Gyarados

Blissey: Anything but Gengar just laughs at this fat whore.

Gengar: My Gengar can switch in on a predicted Focus Blast. Otherwise Gengars lacking Focus Blast face Tyranitar and Lucario.

Gyarados: Celebi

Tyranitar: Anything but Gengar can sweep Tyranitar

Lucario: Gyarados

Heatran: Gyarados

Metagross: Gyarados or Garchomp

Salamence: Gyarados

Bronzong: Garchomp, Tyranitar, Lucario can come in and set up on non earthquake variants.

Infernape: Gyarados

Swampert: Celebi

Weavile: Gyarados

Skarmory: Lucario sets up on him; Tyranitar, and Gengar sweep it.

Forretress: lulz

Gliscor: Gyarados, occasionally Gengar

Cresselia: Lucario or Tyranitar

Starmie: Gengar or I may be kinda screwed

Breloom: This is a tough one Gengar can switch in on Focus Punch, break the sub with Hp Ice then hit Breloom with Hp Ice; and if that doesn't kill him I can send in Garchomp to clean up. Celebi does okay too.

Heracross: Celebi or Gyarados

Togekiss: Tyranitar, Gyarados, Lucario, Gengar

Celebi: lulz

Hippowdon: Pretty rarely seen these days, Tyranitar, Celebi, or Gyarados.

Azlef: Non Scarf- Gengar, Scarf- Lucario

Dusknoir:Tyranitar or Lucario

Snorlax: Close Combat much?

Jirachi: lulz lulz and lulz

Suicune: Celebi

Vaporeon: Wish in one hand shit in the other.

Porygon Z: No guaranteed safe switch in here

Electrivire: lulz

Machamp: Gyarados, Celebi, Gengar

Zapdos: No guaranteed counter here =/

Yanmega: Garchom

Ninjask: Waste 12 turns gaining speed so I can rape what you bp to (BAN ME PLEASE).

Alakazam: Can Gengar come out to play?

Aerodactyl: Gengar or Gyarados

Rhyperior: LULZ!!

Tangrowth: KILL IT WITH PHIRE!!11!oneone

Wow, your threat list is really off, so before I rate this team, I will nitpick your threat list.

Garchomp: Shuckle and Gengar are my main counters here. Toxicstall or Hidden Power depending on the situation. Umm... no. Gengar can't switch in on anything but earthquake, and Swords Dance Garchomp laughs at Shuckle if it gets it in on the switch.

Gengar: The majority of Gengars are LO so my Gengar can come in for the easy kill, if not I always have Lucario and Tyranitar. Nobody on your team as any chance of switching it. Shadow Ball nails Gengar and Focus Blast nails the other two

Gyarados: Infernape after Nasty Plot can dispatch him otherwise Gengar is my main counter. Gengar can not switch in ever lol. And Gyarados is an Infernape counter... Waterfall OHKO's both switch ins and revenge kills

Tyranitar: lulz I'm assuming that this means nothing counters, cause that is right.

Lucario: Specsluke can be a pain sometimes but other than that he doesn't do much to this line up. Basically any Lucario can beat this team... You have nothing to switch in on the Swords Dancer also.

Heatran: Garchomp sometimes Lucario, Tyranitar. Garchomp can somewhat, but has to be wary of Dragon Pulse and Lava Plumes burn rate. Lucario is a lol no and Tyranitar can't switch in more than once safely.

Metagross: Infernape, Garchomp, Tyranitar (sometimes) Earthquake or Meteor Mash, Meteor Mash and Meteor Mash. Garchomp can switch in safely once.

Salamence: lulz You got nothing again.

Bronzong: Infernape, Garchomp, Tyranitar, Lucario can come in and set up on non earthquake variants. Almost all Bronzongs have earthquake, and Bronzong is a Garchomp and Tyranitar counter

Infernape: Mixape can be trouble, usually I go to Shuckle here. Occasionally Extreme Speed from Lucario can take him out provided Stealth Rock is in play. You get owned by any version... I guess Shuckle does OK.

Swampert: Another problem pokemon for this team, Infernape....or I'm in trouble. Yeah, you are weak to it, but not as much as other stuff that you said you weren't.

Weavile: Shuckle likes playing with Weavile. Not sure, never used shuckle.

Forretress: lulz This is weird as you do have counters for it, but for the other lulz, you don't...

Gliscor: Gengar or Infernape Infernape can't switch in, but Gengar can counter I guess.

Starmie: Gengar or I may be kinda screwed Give Tyranitar more Special Defense EV's, slap on a Choice Band, and put Pursuit over Fire Blast

Breloom: Shuckle absorbs sleep then send in Gengar or Garchomp. Very shaky looking.

Heracross: Scarf variants die to Shuckle, others just get raped. Choice Band Heracross is going to do most of the raping here, as it one shots the whole team.

Togekiss: Tyranitar, Infernape, Lucario, Gengar None can take Thunder Wave and they all die to either Aura Sphere or Air Slash

Celebi: lulz This lulzing is very weird as you do have a counter

Hippowdon: Pretty rarely seen these days, Tyranitar, Shuckle, Infernape. Only Shuckle counters as Earthquake is powerful

Azlef: Non Scarf- Gengar, Scarf- Lucario Psychic nails Gengar, any fire attack nails Lucario

Dusknoir: Infernape, Tyranitar, Lucario Latter two hate Will-O-Wisp

Jirachi: lulz lulz and lulz Wtf... Garchomp counters, but please, explain what lulz means.

Suicune: Plotted Infernape, Gengar, or even Shuckle. No, no and no. Surf destroys Infernape, Gengar and Shuckle.

Vaporeon: Wish in one hand shit in the other. Lol, you actually are a bit weak

Porygon Z: Infernape, Lucario, Shuckle None can switch in...

Electrivire: lulz So Shuckle

Machamp: BONSAIIIIIIIIIIII....Shuckle, Gengar if I don't want the hassle. Gengar gets nailed by Stone Edge, and I'd think it would do a lot to Shuckle too.

Zapdos: Stealth Rock'd Roosts

Ninjask: Waste 12 turns gaining speed so I can rape what you bp to (BAN ME PLEASE). A lot of stuff can beat you with speed such as...

Alakazam: Can Gengar come out to play? Can gengar switch in... nope.

Aerodactyl: Gengar Can Gengar switch in... nope.

Rhyperior: LULZ!! You have no counter...

Wow, your threat list is really off, so before I rate this team, I will nitpick your threat list.

Garchomp: Shuckle and Gengar are my main counters here. Toxicstall or Hidden Power depending on the situation. Umm... no. Gengar can't switch in on anything but earthquake, and Swords Dance Garchomp laughs at Shuckle if it gets it in on the switch.

Thats the point I switch in on Earthquake or Garchomp comes in on me. Garchomp with +2 needs three turns of Outrage to kill Shuckle don't comment on what you dont understand.

Gengar: The majority of Gengars are LO so my Gengar can come in for the easy kill, if not I always have Lucario and Tyranitar. Nobody on your team as any chance of switching it. Shadow Ball nails Gengar and Focus Blast nails the other two

Gengar can switch in on Focus Blast outspeed and kill it. To say no one can switch in is so wrong.

Gyarados: Infernape after Nasty Plot can dispatch him otherwise Gengar is my main counter. Gengar can not switch in ever lol. And Gyarados is an Infernape counter... Waterfall OHKO's both switch ins and revenge kills

Gengar can come in on Gyarados with Earthquake, your wrong again. Did you read what I wrote about Infernape, where I said it only is if I have a +2.

Tyranitar: lulz I'm assuming that this means nothing counters, cause that is right.

If your suggesting I don't have a Tyranitar counter you don't understand the game and have no right to be commenting.

Lucario: Specsluke can be a pain sometimes but other than that he doesn't do much to this line up. Basically any Lucario can beat this team... You have nothing to switch in on the Swords Dancer also.

Gengar can switch in on everything but Crunch, Garchomp can come in after a pokemon faints and kill it, Shuckle can Encore it either trapping it or giving me a free switch in.

Heatran: Garchomp sometimes Lucario, Tyranitar. Garchomp can somewhat, but has to be wary of Dragon Pulse and Lava Plumes burn rate. Lucario is a lol no and Tyranitar can't switch in more than once safely.

Thus why I said sometimes Lucario as in after Sword Dance /facepalm

Metagross: Infernape, Garchomp, Tyranitar (sometimes) Earthquake or Meteor Mash, Meteor Mash and Meteor Mash. Garchomp can switch in safely once.

Have you forgotten Infernape outspeeds it? All your assumptions are based on switch ins nothing else.

Salamence: lulz You got nothing again.

Your wrong again, perhaps look at the team before commenting.

Bronzong: Infernape, Garchomp, Tyranitar, Lucario can come in and set up on non earthquake variants. Almost all Bronzongs have earthquake, and Bronzong is a Garchomp and Tyranitar counter

Wrong again, Sword Dance then Fire Fang Bronzong is gone. Tyranitar hits him with Fireblast.

Infernape: Mixape can be trouble, usually I go to Shuckle here. Occasionally Extreme Speed from Lucario can take him out provided Stealth Rock is in play. You get owned by any version... I guess Shuckle does OK.

I dont get owned by Infernape lol

Swampert: Another problem pokemon for this team, Infernape....or I'm in trouble. Yeah, you are weak to it, but not as much as other stuff that you said you weren't.

Weavile: Shuckle likes playing with Weavile. Not sure, never used shuckle.

Forretress: lulz This is weird as you do have counters for it, but for the other lulz, you don't...

Wrong again

Gliscor: Gengar or Infernape Infernape can't switch in, but Gengar can counter I guess.

Infernape can switch in when he puts up Stealth Rock

Starmie: Gengar or I may be kinda screwed Give Tyranitar more Special Defense EV's, slap on a Choice Band, and put Pursuit over Fire Blast

No

Breloom: Shuckle absorbs sleep then send in Gengar or Garchomp. Very shaky looking.

Heracross: Scarf variants die to Shuckle, others just get raped. Choice Band Heracross is going to do most of the raping here, as it one shots the whole team.

If I outspeed it, it will die; another ignorant comment.

Togekiss: Tyranitar, Infernape, Lucario, Gengar None can take Thunder Wave and they all die to either Aura Sphere or Air Slash

Assuming it lives to use T-Wave and then assuming its lives to attack.

Celebi: lulz This lulzing is very weird as you do have a counter

Thats the point -_-

Hippowdon: Pretty rarely seen these days, Tyranitar, Shuckle, Infernape. Only Shuckle counters as Earthquake is powerful

Haha, are you serious?

Azlef: Non Scarf- Gengar, Scarf- Lucario Psychic nails Gengar, any fire attack nails Lucario

I'd be attacking first idiot.

Dusknoir: Infernape, Tyranitar, Lucario Latter two hate Will-O-Wisp

Point is?

Jirachi: lulz lulz and lulz Wtf... Garchomp counters, but please, explain what lulz means.

/facepalm

Suicune: Plotted Infernape, Gengar, or even Shuckle. No, no and no. Surf destroys Infernape, Gengar and Shuckle.

If Infernape already has the +2 he ohko's Suicune. Gengar doesn't die from one Surf. Again you have no experience with Shuckle and don't know what your talking about

Vaporeon: Wish in one hand shit in the other. Lol, you actually are a bit weak

No

Porygon Z: Infernape, Lucario, Shuckle None can switch in...

Lucario resist Ice Beam, Shuckle can take anything, Infernape is the only one that cant.

Electrivire: lulz So Shuckle

Machamp: BONSAIIIIIIIIIIII....Shuckle, Gengar if I don't want the hassle. Gengar gets nailed by Stone Edge, and I'd think it would do a lot to Shuckle too.

Gengar would be switches in on the Dynamic Punch. Stone Edge doesn't always hit nor does every Machamp have it.

Zapdos: Stealth Rock'd

Yanmega: I hate this fucker, Stealth Rock, Shuckle, Gengar.

Ninjask: Waste 12 turns gaining speed so I can rape what you bp to (BAN ME PLEASE).

Alakazam: Can Gengar come out to play?

Aerodactyl: Gengar

Rhyperior: LULZ!!

Tangrowth: KILL IT WITH PHIRE!!11!oneone

I gtg but I will finish this later...

I hope this was a troll post.

No, it's a serious post. You got your counters seriously screwed up.

What is a counter? It has to be able to switch in on ALL of the pokemon's moves, no matter what. Gengar cannot switch in on Gyarados' Waterfall without suffering severe damage. Infernape would get OHKOed by Waterfall or EQ. DD means it outspeeds you as well, KOing Infernape.

Counters for Gyarados include Starmie, who can switch in on anything Gyarados uses, Thunderbolt it (it outspeeds even after DD) and Recover off the damage it has taken at a later date. Porygon2 can come in thanks to Intimidate and OHKO, and he's also able to recover. There is more, such as HP Electric Vappy or Suicine... basically if they can come in, not get 2HKOd and they can OHKO back, it's a counter.

No, it's a serious post. You got your counters seriously screwed up.

What is a counter? It has to be able to switch in on ALL of the pokemon's moves, no matter what. Gengar cannot switch in on Gyarados' Waterfall without suffering severe damage. Infernape would get OHKOed by Waterfall or EQ. DD means it outspeeds you as well, KOing Infernape.

Counters for Gyarados include Starmie, who can switch in on anything Gyarados uses, Thunderbolt it (it outspeeds even after DD) and Recover off the damage it has taken at a later date. Porygon2 can come in thanks to Intimidate and OHKO, and he's also able to recover. There is more, such as HP Electric Vappy or Suicine... basically if they can come in, not get 2HKOd and they can OHKO back, it's a counter.
Which is why under his comments I put who can and cannot switch in =/

This team has an enormous water/ice weakness, which is why I'm posting it to get help. Not to have my counters analyzed.

Ok, if your not looking to listen to any of my thoughts, I may as well not rate this team... Maybe one or two of my points were off, but that is a very bad threat list. What I'd recommend is testing stuff on ShoddyBattle and figuring out the team there before making it on Wi-Fi if you do not already do that.

EDIT:
All your assumptions are based on switch ins nothing else.
Threat lists are supposed to have full counters on them, full counters have to switch in.

Ok, if your not looking to listen to any of my thoughts, I may as well not rate this team... Maybe one or two were off, but that is a very bad threat list. What I'd recommend is testing stuff on ShoddyBattle and figuring out the team there before making it on Wi-Fi if you do not already do that.
This team without Infernape but Mixmence instead has been #1 on shoddy; no testing needed.

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Actually, Rhykune is quite serious, and very correct. Your threat list is fucked up beyond belief. I'm all in favor of playing around threats with an offensive team, but don't post a threat list if that's what you plan to do.

If Gyarados simply Waterfalls instead of Dragon Dancing right away to take out Gengar, you're in for a hell of a time. Even worse is CB Gyarados, who can easily 1-2HKO your entire team. Adding a Gyarados of your own will provide a decent counter, as well as keep up the hyper offense you have.

Actually I'd rather have a Starmie over Lucario or Garchomp to make up for that water/ice weakness. It'd also help by spinning rocks since they really hurt Shuckle's survivability.

I stopped reading at the threat list, please fix it for god's sake.

Rhykune's threat list analysis has some errors too. Shuckle is a very good Gengar counter, while he says nothing can switch in on Gengar. Infernape can also be handled by Shuckle, although it only does "ok". You can switch in and hope it Nasty Plots again for the Encore, or take around ~32% from a Nasty Plotted Flamethrower. Shuckle is an amazing Salamence counter, excluding the CB variant.

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Actually I'd rather have a Starmie over Lucario or Garchomp to make up for that water/ice weakness. It'd also help by spinning rocks since they really hurt Shuckle's survivability.

I stopped reading at the threat list, please fix it for god's sake.
Starmie is just going to slow this team down. It just doesn't keep up with everything else he has here.

How does a poke with 361 speed slow down his team... it outruns both Chomp and Lucario... Gengar without Scarf.

Starmie is just going to slow this team down. It just doesn't keep up with everything else he has here.
I'd have to disagree with you on this one. Life orb Starmie hits harder than you would think and he could keep his offensive theme. I mostly suggested it because Shuckle, or any wall weak to stealth rocks, does poorly when they're down but after looking at his team again I can see it's Gyrados weak and can't handle bulky waters in general very well.

Rapid Spin + Life Orb is suicide on Starmie. You're losing 10% of your HP every time you Rapid Spin.
Starmie can't counter the threats I need it to counter if it's losing 10% from LO and 6% from sand each turn. However Gyarados would be able to switch in on Earthquake another move that can cause trouble for me, he can come in on Heracross, Heatran, Infernape and many other huge threats. Starmie can do that as well but Gyarados has superior typing being able to resist Close Combat etc.

The only question I'm left with is who's spot should Gyarados take?

The problem is I still wouldn't have a counter to the bulky waters that cause my team so much trouble, versus a rain dance team I lose 70% of the time because Surf/Ice Beam tears through this team.

mimic

This team relies way to much on gyra to kill stuff and has like no defensive prensence and eq isnt neede on dos

IggyBot

!battle
As far as bulky waters go, a combination of Gyarados + Garchomp + Lucario should be able to break them rather quickly. I really don't see why you're having so much trouble with them.

Kingdra tears you up because, well, this team is purely offensive. Kingdra is the most offensive threat once the Rain goes up, outdoing even Garchomp. If you use TWave on Celebi, you can take a Ice Beam, and paralyze Kingdra, which means everything else on your team is able to take it on now.

As far as bulky waters go, a combination of Gyarados + Garchomp + Lucario should be able to break them rather quickly. I really don't see why you're having so much trouble with them.

Kingdra tears you up because, well, this team is purely offensive. Kingdra is the most offensive threat once the Rain goes up, outdoing even Garchomp. If you use TWave on Celebi, you can take a Ice Beam, and paralyze Kingdra, which means everything else on your team is able to take it on now.
Water isn't too big of a problem now, but you are right about Kingdra. Thanks for the Celebi tip I'll definitely try out Thunder Wave.

Your team has a serious weakness to ever common HP Ground Yanmega. After a speed boost or two, it has no trouble ripping through this team like tissue paper, OHKOing Celebi, and KOing Gengar, Tyranitar, and Lucario if they dare to switch in, thinking they can take two hits. Garchomp DOES NOT counter this, as Garchomp will always lose to yanmega one on one as it needs a CB to OHKO it (Fire Fang actually is nowhere near a OHKO), and is 2HKOed by Bug Buzz. Even in the early game, this thing will give you serious problems, especially those with Hypnosis.

Your team has a serious weakness to ever common HP Ground Yanmega. After a speed boost or two, it has no trouble ripping through this team like tissue paper, OHKOing Celebi, and KOing Gengar, Tyranitar, and Lucario if they dare to switch in, thinking they can take two hits. Garchomp DOES NOT counter this, as Garchomp will always lose to yanmega one on one as it needs a CB to OHKO it (Fire Fang actually is nowhere near a OHKO), and is 2HKOed by Bug Buzz. Even in the early game, this thing will give you serious problems, especially those with Hypnosis.
Although I haven't faced a that Hp Ground Yanmega yet, I can see your point. However if it's Hypnosis misses it's as good as dead.

IggyBot

!battle
That Yanmega won't ever give you problems, because RaikouLover is now assuming Yanmega is running Hypnosis / Air Slash / Bug Buzz / HP Ground / Protect. Yanmega won't be getting many speed boosts without protect, and can't beat Gengar without Air Slash, Tyranitar without Bug Buzz, the list goes on. Also, if something is put to sleep, Gyarados makes a pretty good switch into Yanmega if you invest a few more HP EVs, considering that base 100 SpDef is pretty formidable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)