My team needs a new makerover.

Introduction

I have been using this team for 2 weeks now, for a while there it had some success. But after using the same Pokemon for 2 weeks, I havent had much success with it and I have gotten bored with it. So far, my rating is a 1403, which is nothing special and I really wanna find a way to make my team more consistent and successful. This is more of a balanced team. Since most of my Pokemon are offensive but at the same time bulky. It has a hard time against Dragon Dancers, taking hits from Earthquake, and does not enjoy any form of Rotom very much.

Originally I had Tyranitar as a Dragon Dancer but he didnt really prove to be anything useful, due to the fact that my team has a tough time taking hit's from Earthquakes. Especially Choice Banded ones. So I replaced him for Flygon.​

Team At A Glance

Starlight (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 80 HP/252 Atk/176 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Trick
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head

I absolutly I adore this Pokemon. She is such a cutie pie. Anyways... onto the topic. Jirachi as a lead is amazing, but the problem with her is Swampert, Fire and Steel Type friends. She is basically a bait and I switch over to heatran if I think its going to use a Fire type move. I also switch over to Starmie against the likes of Stealth Rock users just to rapid spin away.

Bowser (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/160 Def/96 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Avalanche/
- Rest

Swampert for some reason, reminds me of Bowser just the way he stands. Swampert acts sort of like a Physical Wall and a status remover. It doesnt like taking Grass Knots nor does it like taking hits from Draco Meteors as well. I usually save him at the end of the match, but If im in a situation where I feel I need my active one cant take hits, Swampert takes care of that job. Avalance is a great move on Swampert, since most of the time, your going to be always going second after a curse.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 236 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd/12 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Scizor is one pokemon I enjoy using, but he has trouble staying in the field and he hates to go up against the likes of Heatran and friends. Rotom also gives Scizor alot of trouble. The moveset is self explanitory. Bullet Punch as a revenge killer, U-Turn if you think your opponent is going to switch, Super Power if you think Heatran and Empoleon will randomly show up, Pursuit against the likes of Latias,Stamie and friends. I felt having 236 HP in the EV's are important since Bullet Punch lets you go first (Regardless) for survivability reasons.

Hotty (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Will-o-wisp

Heatan is one of the Pokemon I feel like I always end up relying during the battles. I W-O-W to cripple Physical sweepers like Gyarados,Metagross,Flygon. Although Heatran still hates taking hits from EQ and its a 75% Accuracy so its not always very successful. Heatran can handle against the likes of Pokemon that are holding held items. Since Heatran has a buttload of resistances. Earthpower against Tentacruel, Heatran,Infernape mainly. Substitute helps me scout for things and it helps me find out what my opponent is up too.

Fergalicious (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 136 HP/216 Spd/156 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Surf

The set is pretty self explanitory, Tbolt for Water and friends. Surf against Heatran and others just for extra pressure. Rapid Spin against entry hazards. Starmie can take a close combat from Fighting types like Infernape and Lucario.

Yoshi (Flygon) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk/176 Spd/80 SAtk
Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- U-turn
- Outrage

Flygon I feel can take T-Wave from annoying Jirachi's, Blisseys, Especially Rotoms. Choice Band + Naughty Naughty nature is quite deadly as he can 2HKO most pokemon that are not resistant to Earthquake. Flygons U-turn has been amazing to me because they bring in someone and I bring someone to take care of that pesky Pokemon. Fire Blast against Steel Types mainly, I hardly ever see any Grass pokemon these days.

Conclusion
I enjoyed using this team but I feel like this team needs improvement, but I dont know where to go from there. So if you guy can help me out that would be great!

I guess my team doesnt really need a rapid spinner. Since none of them are Flying types and 5 out of the 6 doesnt mind the toxic spikes. The only thing that my team would mind is the spikes. But Skarmory is the only pokemon that can do it and I can always bring someone like Heatran or Starmie to take care of that metal bird.

What does "LG" stand for?

Who should I replace for Swampert then? If all hes good for is being a lead...

LG-lategame. These sweepers are late-game sweepers because they work best only when all their counters have been weakened/eliminated. For example, using a CB Metagross to blow up on Skarmory to weaken it so the LG sweeper, Salamence doesn't have to worry about Outraging, is a classic ploy.

Well, now it's time to play a fun little game that calls for asking yourself what each member of your team is doing. Definitely scarf Starmie is you are that concerned about Gyarados, but IIRC the Rapid Spinner with standard EV's can also defeat a DD LO Gyara, though it will leave in tatters. Besides, you may not want to have 3 choice items, which makes your team a bit unwieldy.

CB Scizor can handle a DDMence, as Bullet Punch deals 58.21% minimum. Just try to keep it alive and don't switch it in until a team member dies.

I think you may want a defensive Celebi over Swampert, as this puts even less pressure on Starmie to deal with DDGyara. Use Explosion over WoW on Heatran to make it a wallbreaker.

If you want a more offensive route, then use a Mixmence over Swampert, but this will again put pressure on Starmie to be the definitive Gyara counter. Actually, though, this will give you fewer problems against stall.

Either way, use Explosion over WoW.

Minor nitpick:

Avalance is a great move on Swampert, since most of the time, your going to be always going second after a curse.
Avalanche has negative priority, so you'll move second even without a Curse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)