My very first warstory- pleasanton warstory, 4th place!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My best team out of the three teams I had in the past years

Terrakion - best fake out counter and pokemon I ever had

Cresselia- She is my tw user and pretty good bulky pokemon (she's the mvp).

Zapdos- I may not use this guy very much, but he is useful.

Latios- One of my major powerhouses and the 2nd mvp of the team.

Garchomp- I couldn't done it without gar, he helped me in several battles.

Metagross- He is pretty good pokemon and a good solid choice.

The team building process
I had no idea how to rng, so thanks to voodoo pimp (who mentioned the trade thread kind of thing) in my rmt thread. So I asked cassie for the pokemon I wanted. So I updated my rmt thread and still I have a couple of problems that voodoo and ingurita mentioned. So I changed the two pokemon I wanted to litwick and cress. I tested a couple times on po, chandelure in my opinion, stinks. So I changed it to terrakion, which he is now one of my best pokemon. I kinda had some delays that prevent me from trading. When I finally try to get the trade set up, cassie was going to be busy with other requests. When biosci saw my reply of the pokemon I wanted, he stepped in and helped me. It was such a relief (it was a week before the regionals). Testing on po (again in my opinion) wasn't that good on testing. I decided to test it on gbu once I'm done ev training. I finally finished in one or two day(s). The results on gbu was pretty good, finishing 24-3.

The trip to pleasanton
When I tried to go to sleep, I was a nervous the day before vgc. I woke up, all sleepy, I looked at the time and it was around 6:20ish am. I got up and had some breakfast, it wasn't that much though. My mom helped my dad get up (he doesn't like to get up so early), he took a shower and we went for the ride at around 7:00 am. It was long ride, I think it took us 2-3 hours just to get to pleasanton. The line was really long, I think it took about one hour just to get in.

The tournament
I hadn't gotten to meet the smogoners til after I battle them. The smogoners I got to meet was V17, Saboros, Alphaomega, and the others I hadn't mentoned. Now here is the battles:

Round 1- 1-0
This battle was really close. It was a one to one battle, I only had cress (at full hp) and the other guy had metagross (at low hp). I used psychic, which was enough to kill that metagross.

Round 2- 2-0
This was the match between me and Stephen "Saboros" Buhl. This one wasn't even close (I haxed him sorry about that dude =(). I beat him 3-0.

Round 3 - 3-0
I was up against Colin "V17" Bos. This one, to be honest, I was about to lose, but time ran out and I had more pokemon than he does. I won.

Round 4 - 4-0
I was against a trick room team. To be honest, this team wasn't meant to be a counter to trick room. I just beat this kid 3-0.

Round 5- 5-0
I was against one of Saboros's friend named Colette. She basically ran a rain team, so I knew what to do. I beat her I think 2-0.

Round 6- 6-0
This kid named nick and he found out I'm from smogon, so he thought he had no chance against me (which is basically true). He ran a trick room team (which I didn't know). Still, I beat him 3-0.

Round 7- 6-1
I was against the one and only Jeramiah "alphaomega" Fan. This was really long, time ran out again and I lost (I had three and he had four). If they didn't have a time limit, who knows who would've won.

Round 8- 6-2 (final round)
This kid haxed (like parahax and flinchhax) me and I lost. His first two pokemon were porygon and togekiss, I thought he was going to use follow me (I was wrong, he used double thunder wave).

Epilogue
In the end, I made it to the top 4 (4th place or look at my signature)! I was glad that I finally get a chance to get free money and go to natioanls. Alphaomega and Cybertron, if you are reading this, you better watch out at nats! Alphaomega, Saboros, V17, and the others, thanks for being friends with me, and being cool.

Sorry, this is not very long, I hope you are ok with it. You can go to my rmt thread to rate: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3465466

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
Here is a better terrakion sprite

Good job on placing 4th, glad to be of help in getting your team together!

neat team, looks like about the current standard. It's odd how at your Regional you could still make T4 with 2 losses, at Philly, only one 6-2 made T8! Hope to see you at Nats

I hope to see you too and the others as well! There weren't that much 7-1s, there were a lot of 6-2s, I came out the best out of them.

I read, and I must say, great job winning 4th place! I was sitting to the right of you on the 8th match, battling V17 (still mad at how stupid I was). As usual, I never remember who makes the top 4, so it came out as a repetitive surprise :)

I wish you luck at the nats! (I might have gotten some type of 12th place, but V17 had to drop me down to about 31st place, lulz)

I read, and I must say, great job winning 4th place! I was sitting to the right of you on the 8th match, battling V17 (still mad at how stupid I was). As usual, I never remember who makes the top 4, so it came out as a repetitive surprise :)

I wish you luck at the nats! (I might have gotten some type of 12th place, but V17 had to drop me down to about 31st place, lulz)
Come on dude, it's your own fault, don't complain.

Drifblim

Brooklyn

neat team, looks like about the current standard. It's odd how at your Regional you could still make T4 with 2 losses, at Philly, only one 6-2 made T8! Hope to see you at Nats

At houston I went 6-2 and i got 17th!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)