Naruto-Arena / Soul-Arena

Does anybody else play NA or SA?
I've been on it since June 2006. I'm a bit of a veteran with a highest win streak of 27 wins in a row.

Here's a mini-description.

Each player chooses 3 Characters.
Each character has four different Skills that can be used.
One skill is always an Invulnerability skill which costs 1 energy and makes the character invulnerable. Some skills can cut through invulnerability, though.

Some examples of skills:
KO Punch - Sakura deals 15 melee physical damage to one target and that character is stunned for one turn. (1 Taijutsu)
Five Man Eating Sharks - Kisame's Body Double deals 50 ranged physical damage over 2 Rounds to one target. (1 Ninjutsu/1 Random)

It's a fun game and requires a lot of skill and practice.

My team right now is a psuedo-spiker/single stunner team.

Sakura
Kisame's Body Double
Shikamaru Shippuuden

The goal is to keep the enemy stunned while dealing heavy damage with Shikamaru and Kisame's Body Double.
One thing about stunners that weaknes them is that their damage output tends to be low, or don't deal damage at all.
One weakness Spikers have is that their attacks are expensive and don't interfere with the opponent at all. There's not much point in dealing 65 damage to your opponent's Deidara if he's just going to deal 25 damage to your whole team the next turn and win the game.

My team is strong because it is able to disrupt the opponent while simultaneously dealing a lot of damage.

Characters such as Naruto and Sasuke give this team a touch of trouble because of Damage Reduction, but they aren't very popular and I can usually outplay anyone using them anyway (Seeing as how virtually the only people who bother with "starter" characters are beginners...)

Anyway it's a great game if you like Naruto.

I'm in the Piracy clan, by the way.

I think I ran into it before but never understood it and as such left. Of course I'm older now and could probably get the hang of it. Why not provide a link? :P

Yeah the first match I didn't even know how to select the target, but the manual and a few more matches helped me get the hang of it. The time limit is bothersome at first, but as you get more familiar with the game it becomes less of a factor.

playin both but more used to na ( probably cuz ima better there >.< ).

Its fun playin, the only problem I get is that I have to be very concentrated cuz else, I miss a turn or two.

Yeah, the time limit is a bit frustrating at times but it's crucial since it's turn based. Plus it gives it more of an urgent feel like a real battle or something.
I'm really sad right now because they just reworked Shikamaru Shippuuden, my favorite character. >:O

& Sorry for forgetting the links. xD

After seeing this topic I got back from playing it (started playing at 2006 and left during the same time). Going back, the the game felt a bit alien-like at first. But I got the hang of it.

I find it to be a good time waster, but it's too bad that the community sucks (the forums for that website is horrid).

So this game has officially become my #1 time waster. Right now I have managed to clear all D/C, B and A-Rank missions, so I can now finally start playing the S-Rank missions (they seem pretty time-consuming to complete though...) and have about half the Shipuuden missions done.

I'm also doing pretty well on the ladder, with a 116-56 record right now, even though I am playing Quick Games more often than Ladder Games.

If I ever eventually complete all missions in this game and don't get tired of it, I may start playing some Soul-Arena later.

The game is good, but at some points it becomes obvious that luck plays a much bigger role than it should. I really wish they canned that Exhange system. I would much rather choose which types of chakra to recieve than have it be random. It has caused me to lose several battles because I kept getting Genjutsu instead of Bloodline.

For now I am using a Shino/Temari/Haku setup. Shino drains chakra allowing me to fuel my attacks. Temerai and Haku can make use of any type of energy which helps lessen the blows of that stupid "25% chance to get the right chakra" system.

edit: Replaced Temari with Konkuro. I like the fact that he can use any chakra type for any of his attacks and can deal a nifty 45 damage a turn. With three female bugs on my opponent I can almost guarantee that Kankuro can get off 45 damage a turn.

Yep. The luck factor is tough. But you'd b e surprised at how often I am VERY aware that I am outplaying a person or being outplayed. So it's not like every single game boils down entirely to luck.
Besides, using the right combination of chakra types/characters eliminates a lot of "God DAMNIT" moments.

Yep. The luck factor is tough. But you'd b e surprised at how often I am VERY aware that I am outplaying a person or being outplayed. So it's not like every single game boils down entirely to luck.
Besides, using the right combination of chakra types/characters eliminates a lot of "God DAMNIT" moments.
Yeah I realize that not every game boils down to luck, but it gets annoying when you have the game nearly in the bag, and then you can't get that one type of chakra you need until the opponent takes away any lead you had on them. Obviously you can use characters that use different chakra types but that doesn't allow for certain strategies.

Also I am a little confused about the Chakra Leech skill. Does it actually take away 3 chakra from my opponent and transfer it to me or does it just give me 3 random chakra while leaving my opponent's chakra untouched?

Yeah I realize that not every game boils down to luck, but it gets annoying when you have the game nearly in the bag, and then you can't get that one type of chakra you need until the opponent takes away any lead you had on them.

Also I am a little confused about the Chakra Leech skill. Does it actually take away 3 chakra from my opponent and transfer it to me or does it just give me 3 random chakra while leaving my opponent's chakra untouched?
If your talking about Shino's bug and leach teqnique, then yes it removes one chackra from your oponents chakra pool per person so if you manage to bug and leach all 3 of thier characters then it will remove 3 chackra from your oponents pool and add it to yours. :)

P.S anyone want a private match?

I am finding Neji really annoying since the last update. I mean, 40 piercing damage that removes basically two of your chakra with only a 2 turn cooldown? I mean, Kisame's Samehada Shred only deals 30 max (non-piercing) with similar cost but has 4 turn cooldown (which they added recently)! But who knows, maybe it's just me...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)