AG National Dex Anything Goes Cup III - Round 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

cromagnet

I pledge allegiance to the grind
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

(gorgeous art by Albinson)

National Dex Anything Goes Cup III

Learn more about the 2022 Anything Goes Tournament Circuit.

The AG Grand Prix consists of three tournaments, The ORAS Cup, The USUM Cup and The National Dex Cup. Players earn points from each cup in order to reach the playoffs, a top 16 bracket where they can compete to earn points for the AG Circuit.
Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • This is a standard National Dex Anything Goes tournament.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
  • All the usual Smogon rules regarding activity, timer, disconnection, and ghosting rules apply.
Round 5

default0  vs  cromagnet
baconeatinassassin  vs  lotiasite

Replays required
Round Deadline Sunday May 1, 11:59 PM GMT-4
Extension Deadline Wednesday April 27, 11:59 PM GMT-4​

Last edited:

(gorgeous art by Albinson)

National Dex Anything Goes Cup III

Learn more about the 2022 Anything Goes Tournament Circuit.

The AG Grand Prix consists of three tournaments, The ORAS Cup, The USUM Cup and The National Dex Cup. Players earn points from each cup in order to reach the playoffs, a top 16 bracket where they can compete to earn points for the AG Circuit.
Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • This is a standard National Dex Anything Goes tournament.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
  • All the usual Smogon rules regarding activity, timer, disconnection, and ghosting rules apply.
Round 5

default0  vs  (Winner of cromagnet vs Fc)
baconeatinassassin  vs  lotiasite

Replays required
Round Deadline Sunday May 1, 11:59 PM GMT-4
Extension Deadline Wednesday April 27, 11:59 PM GMT-4​
You know, calling for an extension would've been a better plan then calling out my "inactivity" that doesn't exist.

Attachments

cromagnet

I pledge allegiance to the grind
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
You know, calling for an extension would've been a better plan then calling out my "inactivity" that doesn't exist.
First off, it's very relevant to mention that your smogon name is unregistered on PS, thus simply doing a search for that name wouldn't let loti know if you were online. Loti posted on your wall that he was present on PS at the scheduled time. Since you would be on an alt that doesn't match your Smogon name, this is reasonable. Loti is a mod in the AG room as well as global voice so his account should be extremely visible. Thus it is on you to send the challenge from your account, that again, wouldn't match your Smogon name. You missed the scheduled time by not challenging loti, and loti has no obligation to reschedule or extend if the time is missed, especially if he is very busy early on in the week. The ruling will be upheld.

First off, it's very relevant to mention that your smogon name is unregistered on PS, thus simply doing a search for that name wouldn't let loti know if you were online. Loti posted on your wall that he was present on PS at the scheduled time. Since you would be on an alt that doesn't match your Smogon name, this is reasonable. Loti is a mod in the AG room as well as global voice so his account should be extremely visible. Thus it is on you to send the challenge from your account, that again, wouldn't match your Smogon name. You missed the scheduled time by not challenging loti, and loti has no obligation to reschedule or extend if the time is missed, especially if he is very busy early on in the week. The ruling will be upheld.
Lol.
Upheld?
For what?
I was literally online lol.
I was there for hours, and I got off at 11:20:56. This is what my clock said when I left Showdown waiting for him.
It is not my fault that he:
A. Missed 4 posts on his wall.
B. Gets online 10 minutes after I leave (19 actually as he posted something at 11:39.)
C. Missed the previous time, after multiple contacts.

I should not have to be punished and disqualified because the moderating staff to which you associate with is unable to understand time, and then have my reputation sullied due to his inactivity and inability to check notifications.
I have been active in every single tour, and not missed a date. This person, has missed a time that was established already, and blames me for it.
PS: Master of Pyroars has been my name on PS for over a year. He knows this. I battled him on previous occasions with this name, and it is not an alt. Master of Pyroars is a name that I could not register for my account, thus this was chosen. My name is not a problem here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)