Metagame National Dex BH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Submitting this sample team. This is a bulky offensive team with solid offensive and defensive synergy. Greninja-Ash and MMY can tag team lots of defensive cores with their coverage and the fact that they aren't choiced; you just have to play them carefully because they get worn down throughout a long game, but this is good because Imposter can only switch in 2 or 3 times (it takes 25-35% from the strongest attack from either one with eviolite). Both are improofed by Arc-Fairy. Arc-Fairy is also your knock off absorber and totally counters Greninja-ash, and Earth Plate Judgment 2hkos Mega Gengar so you can pull off a Rapid Spin against those. Darm-Z can court change hazards against hazard stack happy teams and burns and knocks stuff off, but is still afraid of Arc-Ghost, so hazard teams with that can be troublesome. FC Dialga can switch in on Regigigas, Zacian-C, Ho-Oh, beedrill and zamac, and can check Primal Groudon, MMX and Garchomp-mega if they haven't gotten attack boosts. Meloetta can also switch in on Mega Gengar and threaten it with paras, and can also counter Psysurge MMY or at least force it to be open to pursuit from Ashgren on a sac; it is improofed by darm-z.
Greninja-Ash (F) @ Metronome
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Wicked Blow
- Ice Beam
- Pursuit

Arceus-Fairy @ Earth Plate
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Recover
- Moonblast
- Rapid Spin

Dialga @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Fur Coat
Relaxed Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up
- Anchor Shot

Darmanitan-Zen @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Happiness: 0
Hidden Power: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
- Strength Sap
- Court Change
- Knock Off
- Lava Plume

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Steam Eruption

Meloetta @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Sassy Nature
- Haze
- Soft-Boiled
- Boomburst
- Glare

replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexbh-1202808228
Just a great replay showing Dialga chipping Zacian-C, which is pretty threatening to the rest of the team, so that Arc-Fairy can take it down later on. A lucky lava plume burn saves me from Mega Garchomp, which would have killed me otherwise.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldexbh-1203059627-vgaadfuokl6xfwh8tz447348xk7q2tdpw Copy
Vs. Dimra. A full team effort to take down Dimra's stall team, with the crucial paralysis on Pikachu being Meloetta's only, yet significant, contribution. Greninja really comes through here as well. Skip the last 100 turns which is just Imposter pp stall wars.

Thanks to everyone who submitted for the Next Best Thing! Please vote through this Google Form. Remember that you cannot vote for yourself. Deadline to vote is 11:59 pm, Sunday October 18.
Also, since The Crown Tundra is dropping in the middle of next week, next week's Next Best Thing will be delayed by 1 week.

I'm bored so time to theory craft!
This is all speculation so be warned.

:ss/latios: :ss/latias:

Sooo one of the things I could see happening is a possible soul few rebuff. If this happens they would probably be terrifying threats, especially with the psysurge unban. No protean does mean they won't be as potent as ORAS however.

Latios would probably be running a aoa set while latias might do some cool bulky setup set.

Latios-Mega (M) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Adaptability / Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Core Enforcer
- Shore Up
- Moonblast / Earth Power

Latias-Mega (F) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Ice Scales
Timid Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Shore Up
- Topsy-Turvy
- Volt Switch

Ability: Psychic Surge / Adaptability
Timid Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Tail Glow
- Core Enforcer
- Earth Power

Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Shore Up
- Photon Geyser
- Core Enforcer

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I'm bored so time to theory craft!
This is all speculation so be warned.

:ss/latios: :ss/latias:

Sooo one of the things I could see happening is a possible soul few rebuff. If this happens they would probably be terrifying threats, especially with the psysurge unban. No protean does mean they won't be as potent as ORAS however.

Latios would probably be running a aoa set while latias might do some cool bulky setup set.

Ability: Adaptability / Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Core Enforcer
- Shore Up
- Moonblast / Earth Power

Ability: Ice Scales
Timid Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Shore Up
- Topsy-Turvy
- Volt Switch

Ability: Psychic Surge / Adaptability
Timid Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Tail Glow
- Core Enforcer
- Earth Power

Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Shore Up
- Photon Geyser
- Core Enforcer
Expanding Force might be an option as well, that move just loooves Psychic Terrain.

Just Saiyan! ;)
The winners of the first round of the NDBH NBT are Onyx Onix 7 in first with Tail Glow Mold Breaker, Ivar57 in second with Regenvest, and XxSevagxX in third with Triage! Their sets have been added to the hall of fame. Thanks to everyone who participated this round. Next round will be announced on Sunday October 25 or Monday October 26.
Congrats to everyone! I might have to try those sets out!
Sooo fetch!

Thanks for putting this together Chessking345.
I cannot wait for the next reveal! Hopefully it’s a Darm-Z!

FB16742D-308B-4BAD-910B-4342FBCEDA13.jpeg

I noticed that there haven’t been that many sample team submissions so far for National Dex Balanced Hackmons so I thought I would contribute an additional team to the currently limited roster. Here is the pokepaste for the team: https://pokepast.es/f87712ccff58b91a .

The main premise of this team is to slowly whittle the opponent down with hazards and status until their team collapses.

The Team:
Regenerator Assault Vest Necrozma Dawn Wings is the Pokemon I choose to build this team around. It possesses solid bulk and lacks a Fairy, Ice, Fighting or Ground weakness allowing it to easily check and offensively threaten Mega Mewtwo Y and a myriad of other special attackers. Moongeist Beam off of Necozma’s fantastic 157 special attack points also threatens common spin-blockers such as Ice-scales Giratina, allowing it to pull off Rapid Spin more reliably than other Regen-Vest users such as Dialga.

The following member of my teamYveltal checks Mega Gengar, and Opposing Yveltal, two of the few special attackers that are actually a threat to Necrozma Dawn Wings. Yveltal’s Dark typing also allows it to easily sponge Dark and Ghost moves like Spectral Thief, and Knock-Off aimed at Necrozma Dawn Wings once it’s Toxic Orb has been triggered. Beak Blast is Yveltal’s chosen Flying STAB, for its ability to block Core-Enforcer’s ability suppression effect, and its ability to burn physical attackers in a pinch if my physically defensive core is somehow compromised. Everything else is pretty standard, Knock-Off removes important items, Baneful Bunker can poison choiced attackers while scouting their movesets and Teleport gives Yveltal the ability to escape trappers and generate momentum.

Mega Slowbro is this team’s primary physical wall due to its enormous 180 defense and great Water, Psychic Typing. It’s main role on this team is to stomach hits from Pokemon like Zacain C, and Mega Mewtwo X, and threaten them with Scald. Since these Pokemon almost always run contact moves King's Shield is really useful to better check these Pokemon. Scald is used to spread burns and hurt common Magic Bounce mons such as Ho-Oh. Spikes help whittle down the opponent’s team.

Imposter Chansey acts as an all around utility for this team, beating most set-up sweepers forcing out most offensive Pokemon, scouting etc . . .

My second to last member, Primal Kyogre disrupts most hazard setters like Poison Heal Xerneas with its ability Magic Bounce. Toppsy Turvy allows this set to stop special set-up sweepers in case Necrozma Dawn Wings can’t already deal with it. Scald spreads burns and deals good damage, and Teleport is for momentum. I have it’s level set at 99 to underspeed most Core Enforcer users to prevent them from setting hazards.

Arceus Poison rounds out my defensive core with it’s Poison typing and great physical bulk courtesy of its ability Fur Coat. Arceus stomachs blows the rest of my team can’t take well such as Fishous Rend from Ash Greninja and Boomburst from Pixelate Mega Diancie. Topsy Turvy allows it to stop most physical set-up sweepers, while Defog serves as a back-up anti hazard measure in case they can get past Kyogre and Rapid Spin Necrozma. Anchor Shot traps opposing imposters as well as Diancie.

Improofs:
Regenerator Necrozma is imposter proofed with Yelvtal since It can’t do much to it and Yelvtal can crush it with a times 4 effective Knock-Off.

Mega Slowbro is imposter proofed with Kyogre since It can’t do much to it and Kyogre can reflect any hazards it tries to set.

Primal Kyogre is imposter proofed with either Slowbro, or Yveltal since it can’t really touch them while Yveltal and Slowbro can freely spread burns and remove items.

Arceus Poison is self imposter proofed with Anchor Shot.

Yveltal is self imposter proof with Poison Heal, but Slowbro can also switch in a pinch.

Additional Options:
Obstruct can be used as an alternative to Baneful Bunker for it's ability to lower defensive stats and to avoid poisoning imposter users and physical attackers that are hindered more by burns. However you lose out Baneful Bunker's ability to poison fire types and deter Ash Greninja.

Replays and Scoreboard:
Unfortunately I don’t have any replays that are any good. You can PM me if you want to talk about the team in greater depth.
As for the scoreboard I was easily able to get first place with a decent 88.4% gxe. I started a new alt so my gxe would not factor in other experimental team concepts.

Screenshot 2020-10-21 at 4.36.50 PM.png

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I noticed that there haven’t been that many sample team submissions so far for National Dex Balanced Hackmons so I thought I would contribute an additional team to the currently limited roster. Here is the pokepaste for the team: https://pokepast.es/f87712ccff58b91a .

The main premise of this team is to slowly whittle the opponent down with hazards and status until their team collapses.

The Team:
Regenerator Assault Vest Necrozma Dawn Wings is the Pokemon I choose to build this team around. It possesses solid bulk and lacks a Fairy, Ice, Fighting or Ground weakness allowing it to easily check and offensively threaten Mega Mewtwo Y and a myriad of other special attackers. Moongeist Beam off of Necozma’s fantastic 157 special attack points also threatens common spin-blockers such as Ice-scales Giratina, allowing it to pull off Rapid Spin more reliably than other Regen-Vest users such as Dialga.

The following member of my teamYveltal checks Mega Gengar, and Opposing Yveltal, two of the few special attackers that are actually a threat to Necrozma Dawn Wings. Yveltal’s Dark typing also allows it to easily sponge Dark and Ghost moves like Spectral Thief, and Knock-Off aimed at Necrozma Dawn Wings once it’s Toxic Orb has been triggered. Beak Blast is Yveltal’s chosen Flying STAB, for its ability to block Core-Enforcer’s ability suppression effect, and its ability to burn physical attackers in a pinch if my physically defensive core is somehow compromised. Everything else is pretty standard, Knock-Off removes important items, Baneful Bunker can poison choiced attackers while scouting their movesets and Teleport gives Yveltal the ability to escape trappers and generate momentum.

Mega Slowbro is this team’s primary physical wall due to its enormous 180 defense and great Water, Psychic Typing. It’s main role on this team is to stomach hits from Pokemon like Zacain C, and Mega Mewtwo X, and threaten them with Scald. Since these Pokemon almost always run contact moves King's Shield is really useful to better check these Pokemon. Scald is used to spread burns and hurt common Magic Bounce mons such as Ho-Oh. Spikes help whittle down the opponent’s team.

Imposter Chansey acts as an all around utility for this team, beating most set-up sweepers forcing out most offensive Pokemon, scouting etc . . .

My second to last member, Primal Kyogre disrupts most hazard setters like Poison Heal Xerneas with its ability Magic Bounce. Toppsy Turvy allows this set to stop special set-up sweepers in case Necrozma Dawn Wings can’t already deal with it. Scald spreads burns and deals good damage, and Teleport is for momentum. I have it’s level set at 99 to underspeed most Core Enforcer users to prevent them from setting hazards.

Arceus Poison rounds out my defensive core with it’s Poison typing and great physical bulk courtesy of its ability Fur Coat. Arceus stomachs blows the rest of my team can’t take well such as Fishous Rend from Ash Greninja and Boomburst from Pixelate Mega Diancie. Topsy Turvy allows it to stop most physical set-up sweepers, while Defog serves as a back-up anti hazard measure in case they can get past Kyogre and Rapid Spin Necrozma. Anchor Shot traps opposing imposters as well as Diancie.

Improofs:
Regenerator Necrozma is imposter proofed with Yelvtal since It can’t do much to it and Yelvtal can crush it with a times 4 effective Knock-Off.

Mega Slowbro is imposter proofed with Kyogre since It can’t do much to it and Kyogre can reflect any hazards it tries to set.

Primal Kyogre is imposter proofed with either Slowbro, or Yveltal since it can’t really touch them while Yveltal and Slowbro can freely spread burns and remove items.

Arceus Poison is self imposter proofed with Anchor Shot.

Yveltal is self imposter proof with Poison Heal, but Slowbro can also switch in a pinch.

Replays and Scoreboard:
Unfortunately I don’t have any replays that are any good. You can PM me if you want to talk about the team in greater depth.
As for the scoreboard I was easily able to get first place with a decent 88.4% gxe. I started a new alt so my gxe would not factor in other experimental team concepts.

View attachment 283710
My only Tip would be to replace Baneful Bunker on Yveltal.
It already wants to Burn Physical Contact users, so why not use Obstruct? This way you can still protect, but now you can dent with Beak Blast much harder, while Burning then next turn.

The main reason is that Baneful Bunker doesn’t Poison anything that would be immune to Burn, beyond Darm-G-Z, or Groudon, which you wouldn’t stay in on due to STAB Triple Axel, or V-Create, so it might be redundant since both moves rely on contact, and unlike Toxic, it won’t impact SpA like Reshiram.

I think you could also get away with King’s Shield, for handling Choice Band users. This way you can soften them up for your next switch until, or force them out completely.

I know it can offer you safety as you status, but you don’t want to feel like you lost a chance to Burn a Physical Contact move user, which could cripple them the rest of the match, simply bc you already Poisoned them.

My only Tip would be to replace Baneful Bunker on Yveltal.
It already wants to Burn Physical Contact users, so why not use Obstruct? This way you can still protect, but now you can dent with Beak Blast much harder, while Burning then next turn.

The main reason is that Baneful Bunker doesn’t Poison anything that would be immune to Burn, beyond Darm-G-Z, or Groudon, which you wouldn’t stay in on due to STAB Triple Axel, or V-Create, so it might be redundant since both moves rely on contact, and unlike Toxic, it won’t impact SpA like Reshiram.

I think you could also get away with King’s Shield, for handling Choice Band users. This way you can soften them up for your next switch until, or force them out completely.

I know it can offer you safety as you status, but you don’t want to feel like you lost a chance to Burn a Physical Contact move user, which could cripple them the rest of the match, simply bc you already Poisoned them.
I decided to use Baneful Bunker so I can inflict status on Fire Type Pokemon like Primal Groudon, Ho-Oh and Arceus Fire. Additionally poison wears down threats faster than burns which can be benficial in some cases for this team. Both have their various advantages so It's reallly more a matter of preference than anything. Obstuct also is a fantastic option though. I'll be sure to mention that on my team analysis as another option.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Key moves: Darmanitan-Z-Galarian can use a Glacial Lance, it isn’t a Contact move so Tough Claws won’t work, but an Adaptability set with V-Create, Glacial Lance, U-Turn, and a filler move could spell doom for its opponent.
No accuracy issues either. This could also allow Kyurem-B to skip Refrigerate and just opt for a better ability, especially for Choice sets.

241E4DE4-F91F-438B-BB6D-5BB2EC4B9E8B.png

Another move is Dragon Energy which could function like Water Spout, giving PHeal Dragon-types a new Quiver Dance set move for Reshiram, or even Palkia, and offers some Pokémon like Sceptile-Mega a new Adaptability offensive threat, with a Specs set (using Speed to hit fast at full HP, right off of the bat).

Eerie Spell cuts down on 3 PP from the Foe’s last used move, which could impact the 8 pp moves your opponent uses, for example, using Protect, then Eerie Spell is basically -4 PP from your opponent‘s last move. Throw in Pressure, and they lost 6 PP. this could literally work mid-turn to make a Choice user, or any slower attacker, use Struggle. Not bad for an 80 Base Power move.

Astral Barrage looks Physical, but when I click on the move it is actually Special, and based on the Pokémon who uses it, which has higher SpA, I trust we can see this on Gengar-Mega and Shadow-Rider Choice Sets for maximum power.

5B20A26B-CB31-4656-B80B-88D63BC85DCA.png

Looks Like Gengar-Mega has some actual competition, as the Shadow Rider has 2 abilities in 2: Unnerve and Shadow Neigh, which enables it to multi-task as a Soul Heart + Unnerve combo. If this Pokémon can choose 2 of any ability or is locked into these abilities, it could have some interesting niches and impact it’s viability to unprecedented levels:
7E2F4971-225F-468F-9058-A00E9F6B55AB.png

Here is how the Shadow Rider outspeeds Gengar-Mega, and has nearly the same SpA. Not to mention, as a Psychic-type, it could abuse Psychic Terrain and compete with MMY based on higher Speed, and better bulk as a Ghost-type.

The Ice form might be a new Refrigerate user to replace Kyurem-Black due to needing Extreme Speed for priority, having enormous bulk (150 base Defense is huge!), and a secondary Psychic typing, which easily lets it use Photon Geyser for strong neutral damage to break Fur Coat sets. While Ice is a terrible-defensive type, having Psychic to negate its Fighting weakness, and a Psychic Resist does make a difference. Plus, it isn’t redundant coverage, like Dragon was for Kyurem-B.
I could see a Fur Coat set, and a Primordi
21E40296-2CAC-4717-A173-1A948AD2E6E5.png

It would be Sooooo Fetch to discuss!

Last edited:
Some new stuff with dlc, Glacial lance and astral barrage help offensive ice/ghost mons and new calyrex formes especially the ghost one seem potentially suspect worthy,we also get a 200 base speed mon to meme with instead of ninjask

A few sets I got:

Calyrex-Ice @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
- Recover
- Glacial Lance
- Triple Axel
- Diamond Storm

Calyrex-Ice @ Icicle Plate
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 25 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Double-Edge
- Baneful Bunker
- Crabhammer

Necrozma-Ultra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dragon's Maw
Modest Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Dynamax Cannon
- Astral Barrage
- Fleur Cannon

If anyone has any tips for the sets I'd love them!

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Sceptile-Mega is no slouch:

Also, this means we need to appreciate how powerful Sceptile-Mega has become:

252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Sceptile-Mega Roar of Time vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Ice Scales Eternatus: 434-512 (89.6 - 105.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Sceptile-Mega Roar of Time vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Zygarde-Complete: 528-624 (83 - 98.1%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Sceptile-Mega Roar of Time vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Giratina: 452-532 (89.8 - 105.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

Roar of Time substitutes for Dragon Energy.

Sceptile-Mega (F) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 0 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Spirit
- Seed Flare
- Blue Flare / Clanging Scales
- Volt Switch / Blue Flare

Not bad for a Pokémon that outspeeds pretty much every other Dragon, and can wallbreak even the toughest.
A few sets I got:

Calyrex-Ice @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
- Recover
- Glacial Lance
- Triple Axel
- Diamond Storm

Calyrex-Ice @ Icicle Plate
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 25 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Double-Edge
- Baneful Bunker
- Crabhammer

Necrozma-Ultra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dragon's Maw
Modest Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Dynamax Cannon
- Astral Barrage
- Fleur Cannon

If anyone has any tips for the sets I'd love them!
Sure, some tips:
Don’t use 2 moves of the same type unless mixed sweeping for an Adaptability set/Sheer Force set.
You can give Necroza-Ultra Adaptability alongside Photon Geyser instead of Dynamax Cannon (we banned Dynamax). Fleur Cannon can be replaced with Close Combat if you need to hit Darks, give it Life Orb, for mixed sweeping, otherwise V-Create works for Steels. Max attack IVs, and give it a -Defense +Speed nature.

Last edited:
Sure, some tips:
Don’t use 2 moves of the same type unless mixed sweeping for an Adaptability set/Sheer Force set.
You can give Necroza-Ultra Adaptability alongside Photon Geyser instead of Dynamax Cannon (we banned Dynamax). Fleur Cannon can be replaced with Close Combat if you need to hit Darks, give it Life Orb, for mixed sweeping, otherwise V-Create works for Steels.
Thank you! I'll keep this in mind for the sets!

:arceus-ghost: vs :calyrex-shadow: vs :gengar-mega:

Now that we know shadow rider's stats they look like a very potent force. It's somewhat of a halfway house with gengars great Spa and ghostceus's bulk. It seems gengar will drop a bit in viability since shadow rider just seems better but they all have niches over each other

VR Noms:

:gengar-mega: to B+

Read above
:calyrex-shadow: to A

Ridiculously fast.. Shame it has part psychic but it also frees up the ability to run psystrike

:darmanitan-galar-zen: to A+
Icicle lance has given it a new option for moldy and deso land sets being 100% accurate and non contact. It also really appreciates being able to crush a lot of defensive pokemon with it's fantastic STAB since icicle lance beats the dragons runnning around and v create is v create

Last edited:
Welp
Swampert-Mega@Expert Belt/Life Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea (this might be unoptimal, just making it Primordial Sea because it's good)
252 HP/252 Attack/252 Defense/252 Special Attack/252 Special Defense/252 Speed
-Shift Gear
-Fishious Rend/Surging Strikes
-Glacial Lance
-Precipice Blades/Earthquake

fear-also can throw people off since defensive sets are expected

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Let’s not forget Nornalize for handling all slower (the metagame itself, basically) Knock-Off, Spectral, Moongeisters, and simultaneously removing Ice Scales.
Why bother with Moongeist when you can now exploit raw power?

Calyrex-Shadow @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Normalize
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance / Recover
- Revelation Dance / Toxic
- Entrainment
- Judgement

Remove Poison Heal, Ice Scales, Regenerator, etc. block anything that can hit you, and set-up, while maintaining an Imposterproof 4x Judgment.

Further Judgment threatens Giratina, and Revelation Dance can break Eternatus. With Toxic Spikes support, Dark-types like Gyarados-Mega and Tyranitar are handled, while Toxic can be used on it to handle Yveltal.

Let’s not forget Nornalize for handling all slower (the metagame itself, basically) Knock-Off, Spectral, Moongeisters, and simultaneously removing Ice Scales.
Why bother with Moongeist when you can now exploit raw power?

Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance / Recover
- Revelation Dance / Toxic
- Entrainment
- Judgement

Remove Poison Heal, Ice Scales, Regenerator, etc. block anything that can hit you, and set-up, while maintaining an Imposterproof 4x Judgment.

Further Judgment threatens Giratina, and Revelation Dance can break Eternatus. With Toxic Spikes support, Dark-types like Gyarados-Mega and Tyranitar are handled, while Toxic can be used on it to handle Yveltal.
Quiver Dance is redundant since Calyrex Shadow is already one of the fastest mons in the game ouspeeding even Zacain. A bettter set would be:
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Judgement
- Entrainment
- Boomburst
Tail Glow boosts it's damage to absurd levels in a single turn while Normalize gives you free turns to set-up. Since it can't be revenge killed by most mons the only option is to somehow defensively check it which isn't easy.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Quiver Dance is redundant since Calyrex Shadow is already one of the fastest mons in the game ouspeeding even Zacain. A bettter set would be:
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Judgement
- Entrainment
- Boomburst
Tail Glow boosts it's damage to absurd levels in a single turn while Normalize gives you free turns to set-up. Since it can't be revenge killed by most mons the only option is to somehow defensively check it which isn't easy.
Ya, it was just for stuff like Pheromosa, and eventual Scarf Check’s people craft for it.
But 95% of the time you are right, it doesn’t need Quiver Dance.

I feel like Calyrex-Shadow should be suspected or even quickbanned, it is incredibly centralizing in the current metagame.

normally I don’t find this an issue, but I think that the fact that it has next to no offensive checks and due to its speed, along with Limited defensive counterplay due to its incredibly strong offensive typing with the ability to bypass ice scales with both photon geyser and moongeist beam. forcing almost every team to run an regenvest or ice scales dark type.​

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I feel like Calyrex-Shadow should be suspected or even quickbanned, it is incredibly centralizing in the current metagame.

normally I don’t find this an issue, but I think that the fact that it has next to no offensive checks and due to its speed, along with Limited defensive counterplay due to its incredibly strong offensive typing with the ability to bypass ice scales with both photon geyser and moongeist beam. forcing almost every team to run an regenvest or ice scales dark type.​
I Dunno I feel like Zacian-C with Sunsteel Strike is more threatening by its STABs compliment each other, is nearly as fast, and can sweep with stronger base power moves like V-Create, Fishous Rend, not to mention the new Ice move, and it doesn’t even need to setup. With Sunsteel also able to bypass Fur Coat, I feel it is pretty strong.

Chansey can also handle Calyrex-Shadow, and strong SpD Pokemon like Ho-Oh, and Kyogre-P can threaten it with Spectral Thief. I feel like if it didn’t have 2 4x weaknesses to very common attack move some and utility moves, then I would agree. But I still feel it is limited lacking a strong secondary offensive typing, and is Pursuit weak.

It is a definite threat, but it’s too soon to tell. It certainly replaces Dawn-Wings when it comes to my Dawn-Wings Tyranitar-Mega core, and I cannot wait to use it in a more supportive role.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Palkia @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Dragon Energy
- Water Spout
- Baneful Bunker

I have been using this set to pretty good success. It works like you would with Kyogre-P, but trades in higher stats for a useful secondary STAB, and doesn't fear Grass/Electric., while further resisting Water Spout. It can even be Imposter resistant, depending on how much damage Imposter has accumulated.

Baneful Bunker punishes Spectral Thief and other contact attacks, while stalling for heals. The additional damage really works to break would be 3HKOs into 2HKOs, as well as 2HKOs into 1HKOs (including both the Protect + Attack end of turn damage). So basically, if you do 75% with your attack, Poison over 2 turns does 25% to KO your foe.

The key here is how well Dragon and Water pair well, with almost perfectly neutral coverage.

Note Dragon Energy works like Water Spout, but doesn't properly display the base power at the current HP, and always reads as Full power. If you need to see what power it is, hover the cursor over Water Spout, and consider Dragon Energy equal in power.

On the Topic of Banning Calyrex, a thing that I have forgotten to mention in my preview post is its Electrify set. Normally electrify hasn't been a huge issue for the meta in the past, the thing about calyrex, in particular, due to its speed its nigh uncheckable due to its speed and the near irrelevancy of prankster. allowing it to quite literally, win Turn 1 against the average team.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
On the Topic of Banning Calyrex, a thing that I have forgotten to mention in my preview post is its Electrify set. Normally electrify hasn't been a huge issue for the meta in the past, the thing about calyrex, in particular, due to its speed its nigh uncheckable due to its speed and the near irrelevancy of prankster. allowing it to quite literally, win Turn 1 against the average team.
Do you mean Entrainment + Normalize?

The set up moves for Quiver Dance and Revelation Dance / Judgment + Plate, Shift Gear + Multi-Attack (Normalize Slaking / Regigigas), and also just general utility moves like Taunt really negate the fear people have about Normalize.

But I do agree, it can be an issue, especially for Poison Healers.

My quick resolve? Pheromosa. Just slap on a Knock Off and boom, it loses in a single hit, and would likely switch out anyways, so you remove an item from something else.

Pheromosa also would remove Spooky Plate if it were to survive (like after a Burn).

I also think just using abilities like Magic Bounce, Comatose, and giving your Pokémon the L’Oréal item helps...

:Smogjynx: I mean just look at her hair — it’s so fabulous I might just have to use it on my team... starting tomorrow. After this item’s bonus takes effect.

Move over Calyrex, the original Psychic / Ice Type just got better!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)