Announcement National Dex Suspect 3: Just like Water [MEGA BLASTOISE BANNED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering, is Mega Blastoise gonna get banned or Shell smash with Blastoisnite? Because Mega blastoise without Shell Smash is not much of a problem?

fdcsfdsgfsgsggs.png

I'm voting ban. Mega Blastoise may not always sweep but only because teams are forced to run a insane amount of countermeasures so they don't lose on team preview.

One of biggest issues I have is that Tapu Fini and Ferrothorn teams tend to be very weak to other sweepers like Magearna and Mega Alakazam who can easy overwhelm them. I should also note that the spike teams that Blastoise fits on are really hard to deal with consistently deal with because once you kill one sweeper the next one comes in guns blazing. While I will admit that I have swept more with Magearna and Bisharp than I have with Blastoise while Suspect Laddering. Thats only because Mega Blastoise took so much health away from Tapu Fini and other checks.

I really disagree with the priority moves argument for keeping it because if we go by that same logic. RP Landorus-I and SG Genesect should be in the tier. I should also note that Mega Blastoise resists Aqua Jet, Water Shuriken, Bullet Punch, and Ice Shard so the pokemon who use these moves get pushed aside so the amount of options to revenge kill it in the teambuilder end up feeling so restricting. I should note that Blastoise can get through them on the rarer but still effective Screen Teams. As for scarfers, literally just Greninja and Ditto lol.

I hope people look through the short-sighted "doesn't always sweep" arguments and realize how much more free the teambuilder would be. Lastly I want to say a huge thank you to Jordy for supplying us with such a godly team to suspect ladder with. Peace!

Last edited:

NuttyRabbit

Banned deucer.
Holy SHIT that took way too long to do

Confirming as NXTOISEoblivion

1587162722040.png

Here is the team I used to get reqs. It had some wonky matchups but I maintain that it is a very solid HO

Mega Blastoise is an absolutely disgusting mon that punishes you for not running very specific checks and counters and as such, I'm voting to ban this fucking thing.

This is a little past the deadline, but yes voter identification is now closed and the voting thread will go up shortly! Please don't post here further.

If you submitted valid identification before the deadline, you will be tagged in a voting thread shortly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)