Votes: 10 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
CROCUNE
:ss/suicune: :ss/ferrothorn: :ss/clefable: :ss/lopunny-mega: :ss/kyurem: :ss/gliscor:
https://pokepast.es/4006e6eed5240d75
This team is build around an underated threat of crocune and around the every annoying core of lop and kyurem.

I started off with Suicune with the first version being built around vincune but I then realized crocune was way better for setting up multiple times throughout the match. The tech of this set is that it's waterium z in order to get some more damage off of threats at plus one weakeaning mons that can take a plus one scald. I decided that I needed a mon to break through grass types and be able to resist electric attacks so I brought sub kyurem. Kyurem aides suicune in annoying blissey/pex through the match to get them into range of waterium z. With cune and kyurem I decided I needed some great speed control and who else can do that better than mega lopunny forming an amazing core with kyurem. I wanted my defensive core to have some variation of hazard stack so I used ferro to patch up the ash gren matchup and clef to counter other annoying mons. Then Gliscor rounds off the team with being the primary tran check and a volt switch blocker. edit: lol I didn't realize this team doesn't have defog, you can put defog on gliscor but I like the pressure that sd gliscor puts onto builds to break pex and grasses that don't resist ground.

:garchomp: Don't let this mon get any free switch ins as the only realiable way of killing this is to revenge with lop. Most of the time the chomp won't set up easily because every mon can at least annoy it.

:charizard-mega-y: This mon is a really terrible matchup as there're not great pivots and you just have to hope you have rocks up and get the para with clef.

:rillaboom: You have ferro to pivot on grassy glide and wood hammer but if it has superpower your in trouble. At worst you make kyurem boots to pivot in on it and switch into a fighting resist.

Kyo

In Limbo
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
National Dex Leader
Mega Houndoom but it's NOT a sun team

:SS/seismitoad: :SS/houndoom-mega: :SS/zapdos: :SS/tapu-bulu: :SS/jirachi: :SS/starmie:

I built this team cause I wanted to use Mega Houndoom (obviously) but sun teams are terrible and usually a mu fish so I just made Mega Houndoom balance instead. I gotta say, it turned out way better than I expected. Read below to learn more about my huge IQ.

Of course I started this team with Mega Houndoom in mind. Nasty plot 3 attacks is the chosen set to boost the dog's damage output. I changed sludge bomb to hp fighting because I wasn't seing a lot of Tapu Fini and being walled by Ttar is an L when the team is weak to that mon already. Since I planned on clicking a lot of dark pulses, the logical next step was to incorporate paralysis into the team somehow for that sweet, sweet paraflinch. I haven't used Zapdos much this gen so I slapped it on the team. Originally it was going to be the defogger but I changed that later. I wanted momentum for the team so I chose volt switch Zapdos. Because I wasn't using discharge and static alone didn't seem haxy enough, I put a thunder wave starmie on the team to help spread yellow magic and scald burns. That's when I realized Starmie could be the hazard control too and changed Zapdos to a nice 3 attacks set. In my opinion, Starmie is super underrated and is an absolute pain in the ass for fat teams to deal with because it never dies and removes hazards easily while allowing my own rocks to stay up. With those 3 mons on the team, Seismitoad fit quite nicely as the next pick. It has great type synergy with Zapdos and allows the team to block volt switches with ease. Now that I had covered hazards and hazard control for the team, I wanted another breaker to help out Mega Houndoom and preferably one with some bulk. I chose Tapu Bulu, a mon I've been liking quite a bit recently, since grass and fairy offered a lot for the team defensively and my two water types love the passive recovery from terrain. Bulu handles dark spam which the team is otherwise weak to and is no slouch offensively. +2 Z-close combat has a high chance to take out Corviknight which foolishly switches into Bulu, not to mention this mon has a great matchup with common stall archetypes that rely on Corv as a check to grass types. Finally, I wanted a scarf mon as the team was looking a bit slow. Jirachi was a no-brainer since this team is already built around para spam. Jirachi is able to get a nice volt-turn going with Zapdos. I was lacking a steel type too so it fills that gap. Healing wish allows me to revive one of my wallbreakers back to full health in games where Jirachi is less useful. I chose heart stamp in the 4th moveslot to fully cash in on paraflinch shenanigans. And that's pretty much the finished team. Don't let the low tier mons fool you, this build is deceptively bulky and definitely fun to use when RNG is in your favor.

:ss/charizard-mega-y: :ss/charizard-mega-x:
Both Zard forms are annoying to deal with. Zard-Y is slightly more manageable and it inadvertantly gives Houndoom a huge damage boost by activating solar power. Zard-X is uncommon but awful to run into. Nothing on the team KO's it outright and it threatens everything after a dragon dance if it's the 3 attacks set. Best bet is to paralyze it with Starmie and pray.

:ss/latias-mega:
CM Mega Latias is really a threat to almost any team without pursuit trapping. This team can handle it via toxic or paralysis, but if you accidentally scald burn the Lati then you're in a lot of trouble.

:ss/volcarona:
Seismitoad is the only barrier between Volcarona and a nasty sweep. Keep it nice and healthy if you don't like losing.

:ss/excadrill:
Excadrill under sandstorm is a threat only if it is the rock slide set. You can definitely outplay this mon, but in combination with Dracozolt it becomes a bit scarier.

:ss/kyurem:
Obligatory Kyurem because this mon with choice specs is a menace to most teams. Unfortunately, my team is weak to the substitute set as well.

tf

Natdex Unplayer
I didn't play the tier since the magearna suspect, and didn't build since the greninja suspect so I don't know the tier very well... but I saw this thread, so I had the idea to build around clefable+scizor mega

Clefable+Trap Zor
:ss/clefable: :ss/scizor-mega: :ss/zapdos: :ss/landorus-therian: :ss/slowbro: :ss/tangrowth:
(click on the sprites to have the paste)
:ss/clefable: I wanted to build around CM Clefable so.. i built around it

:ss/scizor-mega: I choosed scizor to help clefable by trapping stuffs like Heatran or Toxapex with Sand Tomb. The Scizor is faster than a classic specially defensive Heatran

:ss/zapdos: Zap is a ground immunity, a defogger, and can beat things like corvi and ferro. With static, it can also punish u-turns

:ss/landorus-therian: The gameplan of my team is to trap Heatran and Toxapex with scizor, but it's hard if the opponent has Corviknight or Zapdos, so I use Rockium Z Landorus to destroy them

:ss/slowbro: I didn't have any Heatran and SD Garchomp switch-ins. I'll explain why is my Slowbro Specs with some calcs

:ss/tangrowth: Just an Ash-Gren switch-in and another ground resist

:ss/scizor-mega:
+2 188+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Sand Tomb vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 144-170 (47.3 - 55.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery and trapping damage
+2 188+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Sand Tomb vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 508-600 (131.6 - 155.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

:ss/slowbro:
+2 252 Atk Garchomp Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 132+ Def Slowbro: 292-344 (74.1 - 87.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
124 SpA Choice Specs Slowbro Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 500-592 (140 - 165.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
124 SpA Choice Specs Slowbro Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 380-450 (117.6 - 139.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(Specs on Slowbro because it wins against Heatran)

Thanks to R8 for helping me and sorry for my bad english

Last edited:

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader
Voting is upon us.

Team A by adsam
Lobsta Gunnin

:ss/crawdaunt: :ss/lopunny-mega: :ss/excadrill: :ss/corviknight: :ss/tapu-bulu: :ss/slowking-galar:

One of my most favourite teams I have built post mag ban, The Lobster was a mon I grew to love after being introduced to it in ORAS from some teams shared by my friends.

So originally, the idea of the team was Band Lobster+Fast mon, usually mega zam a core that is super fun in ORAS; but since Mega Zam is banned, I opted for fast mon No2, and in my opinion, a better choice than MZam, due to providing pivot support and luring in slow and fat mons such as opposing Corviknight, Toxapex and Slowking, which The Lobster can take advantage of. Due to the state of the meta as of now, compared to ORAS, I opted for SD>Band for the lobster, to take advantage of the more defensively oriented mons that are now prevalent, which gave me my starting core.

:crawdaunt: + :lopunny-mega:

After that, I needed a stealth rocker, and I put in Rock Z Lando, which I then changed to SpDef Drill, due to team compatibility issues later on. This gave me an electric immune and a way to pressure mons like Koko from coming in freely and volting on daunt.

:crawdaunt: + :lopunny-mega: + :excadrill:

At this point, I realised, Rilla, and offensive grasses in general were a problem, and I still lacked a defogger, and a ground immune, so I added in Corv, which gives me all of the aforementioned utility, and a slow pivot to bring in The Lobster easier.

:crawdaunt: + :lopunny-mega: + :excadrill: + :corviknight:

After scrolling through to see which mons could be a problem, Zard Y was one that scared me a lot, as only Lop could revenge it from full, and Daunt needs a lot of chip, and I have no switch ins to it, so Slowking-Galar was what i opted with, as other than checking Zard Y forms, it can also provide a lot of offensive pressure with Future Sight, limiting The Lobsters ability to be revenge killed easily, and supporting it whilst breaking.

:crawdaunt: + :lopunny-mega: + :excadrill: + :corviknight: + :slowking-galar:

Lastly, I had no dark resist, so Ash-Gren could freely spam dpulse, and I can only revenge kill it with MLop, and with lando gone, Mega Pert also gets scary, as Corv can be easily overwhelmed. This is when I realised, that Bulu fit perfectly here, offensively and defensively dealing with rain, and gives me a good dark resist to pressure Ash-Gren and to stop it from deleting my entire team. Alongside this, it gives me a good Zapdos lure with SD+Stone Edge, so The Lobster is pressured by it a lot less.

:crawdaunt: + :lopunny-mega: + :excadrill: + :corviknight: + :slowking-galar: + :tapu-bulu:

Final Edits and Set EV explanation: Made The Lobster Waterium Z>Life Orb, to guarantee a Life Claimed, and helps break fatter cores a lot easier, and limit switch-ins, and also because the Z Slot was freed with Lando gone. The Bulu spread is meant to speed creep mons that speed creep heatran, such as Zapdos and Gliscor, and rest to maximise bulk for the Ash-Gren MU. Slowking spread is meant to be able to let it scout pre-transformation Gren:
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 140+ SpD Assault Vest Slowking-Galar: 164-194 (41.6 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Finalised Team:
:crawdaunt: + :lopunny-mega: + :excadrill: + :corviknight: + :slowking-galar: + :tapu-bulu:

S/O Optify for helping me with the edits ❤

Hope you like the team :blobnom:

Team B by NuttyRabbit
KOKOGREN PIVOT BULKY OFFENSE

:ss/Tapu Koko: :ss/Garchomp: :ss/Greninja-Ash: :ss/Scizor-Mega: :ss/Mantine: :ss/Clefable:
Click on the team above for the import

I knew this week I had to submit something truly dangerous, and by god I've done it. This team is downright sinister

:Tapu Koko: :Garchomp: :Greninja-Ash: From the moment I opened up the teambuilder I knew I had to use this core. Electric+Garchomp+Ash Gren is a truly terrifying offensive core that threatens just about every playstyle and team structure sans the hardest of Stalls, and Specs Koko is the best Electric rn imo. In terms of sets, I've chosen to go with double pivot move Koko since I want to guaratee the pivot into Chomp/Gren and also locking into HP lce loses far too much momentum for this kind of team. The Chomp set is pretty standard, as is the Gren set, albeit you could absolutely go U-turn>Spikes for even more momentum but this core with Spikes up is truly terrifying, especially if you slot Knock on Scizor > U-turn

:Scizor-mega: Scizor was the natural next addition to this team, not only because it is an incredibly partner for ChompGren, but also because it shores up many defensive holes the team had vs stuff like Kyurem, Rillaboom, Kartana, and Lopunny and can also act as a downright nasty wincon once the prior three mons blow through its checks/counters. The spread and set is pretty standard but you can go Knock>Turn if you slot Turn on Gren but you give up hella momentum

:Mantine: Now this is where the heat truly lies. Mantine may seem like an odd pick, but it fits perfectly on this team thanks to its ability to hard check Gren, Zard-Y, Tran, and Rain and provide Defog all in a single slot. The given spread turns regular Gren Dark Pulse into a 4HKO and the rest is dumped into defense to help it tank hits from other shit. The given moves let it Defog while also being annoying as shit with Scald/Toxic. You can slot Ice Beam or Haze last if you want to annoy specific mons (Gliscor/Scizor, though you annoy that pretty hard already).

:Clefable: Rounding out the team is CM Flamethrower Clefable, a set that I realized fit perfectly on the team thanks to it serving as a Dragon immunity, Dark resist, backup Lop check, and wincon all in one slot. Not only that, but the team up to this point struggled with bulky Grasses such as Ferrothorn, Amoonguss, and Tang, and even Steels such as Corv and Scizor could prove troublesome, so CM Flamethrower Clef was the perfect way to lure those mons and eliminate them for the rest of the team. Set and spread are standard otherwise.

:Scizor-Mega: Ig SD Knock Scizor could get super dangerous if it gets too high, but Clef or Mantine should be able to dispose of it before it gets to that point.

:Gliscor: Uhhhh if you lose Chomp and somehow miss every Pump it can be annoying ig but even then you should not lose to it.

:Excadrill: Drill in Sand can be dangerous ig at +2 but if Chomp can take a hit or Mantine can chip it it can get revenged p easily.

This team may seem weird on paper but it works fr. Shoutouts TheWeirdGastrodon for helping me test as always and everyone on the Cord for being cool as hell.

One more thing though: this wasn't the original draft of the team, as the first slot was originally something a bit more....wild. Click here if you want to try out the fire version: You have been warned

Team C by R8
Psychium Volcarona Stall
Made with 7thisslugismart7 and Boke
:ss/sableye-mega: :ss/volcarona: :ss/corviknight: :ss/chansey: :ss/clefable: :ss/shedinja:
https://pokepast.es/d564f0c521f5e0a5
Volcarona fills an incredible niche on stall teams: while being able to cheese some matchups quite easily, it also probably is the most reliable MMawile check available on stall. It also has some other nice traits that are useful on stall, such as checking Rillaboom without being trapped by Magnezone, checking subroost Kyurem, or forcing damages on Heatran if desired. However, due to the amount of support it mandates, and the fact that the moth doesn't check enough mons in one slot, Volcarona stalls often struggles more to cover everything than the typical stall teams. However, Volcarona is sometimes able to cheese some uncovered matchups depending on its coverage.

Keep in mind that team was built before the Magearna ban, (Right after Cinderace ban to be exact) so it's unfortunately a bit outdated, but I still wanted to share it.

:volcarona: :clefable:
The idea behind this core is quite simple: clef lures Heatran with Knock Off, and then the core is able to weaken Heatran over the course of the game to allows on of them to sweep. Unaware Clefable also is a great Pokemon on stall, and allows the team to not die to kisspower Magearna (which wasn't banned yet). The Volc spread gives it just enough speed for Tapu Koko after a Quiver Dance, and the rest is dumped in HP and Defense to check MMawile.
:volcarona: :clefable: :corviknight: :sableye-mega:
Here goes the anti-hazard control Volcarona mandates. Iron Defense Corviknight is an excellent teammate for Psychium Volcarona, as it is the most reliable way to keep hazards off against the two most common rockers paired with MMawile, being Garchomp and Landorus-T. It also gives a good matchup against some physical HO, especially the ones relying on sub Mega Gyarados to break stall. Mega Sableye complement Corviknight anti hazards abilities, and also provide a MMedi check not trapped by Weavile. Unfortunately, we had to make it spdef to check non Z Heatran, because we didn't manage to fit a Heatran check. Volcarona sometimes force Stall to run that kind of things because of the role compression it needs, unfortunately.
:volcarona: :clefable: :Corviknight: :sableye-mega: :shedinja: :chansey:
Chansey provides rocks, check most special attackers, do progress with Seismic Toss, is a status absorber, etc... It provides the team compression we needed for the last two slots. I assume you aren't really surprised to see Chansey in a stall team :].
Shedinja is a bit more specific. We still had to check a myriad of threats, and Shedinja is basically the one that cover the most: Volt blocker, Specs mage, koko, zone check, Mega Pert and Manaphy check. We elected to use a specially oriented set, since the two knock users don't allow us to use Poltergeist, while Shadow Claw can't be used against teams with Ferrothorn or Garchomp, or anything that can punish contact moves. HP Ground allows you to chunk Heatran on the switch.

:tyranitar:
This team hates sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere. Most team members are annoyed by sand chip. Shedinja dislikes it so much it literally dies. Volcarona usually can't do much vs that kind of teams as well. Band TTar claims kills. There are sometimes outs with Clefable, though.
:Victini: :Charizard-mega-x:
This team struggles to take strong Fire physicals hits. Although, Chansey can trade a toxic vs CharX, and Victini can be crippled by rocks.

Also congratulations on the 50th cycle!

Team D by Some God Plays
CROCUNE
:ss/suicune: :ss/ferrothorn: :ss/clefable: :ss/lopunny-mega: :ss/kyurem: :ss/gliscor:
https://pokepast.es/4006e6eed5240d75
This team is build around an underated threat of crocune and around the every annoying core of lop and kyurem.

I started off with Suicune with the first version being built around vincune but I then realized crocune was way better for setting up multiple times throughout the match. The tech of this set is that it's waterium z in order to get some more damage off of threats at plus one weakeaning mons that can take a plus one scald. I decided that I needed a mon to break through grass types and be able to resist electric attacks so I brought sub kyurem. Kyurem aides suicune in annoying blissey/pex through the match to get them into range of waterium z. With cune and kyurem I decided I needed some great speed control and who else can do that better than mega lopunny forming an amazing core with kyurem. I wanted my defensive core to have some variation of hazard stack so I used ferro to patch up the ash gren matchup and clef to counter other annoying mons. Then Gliscor rounds off the team with being the primary tran check and a volt switch blocker. edit: lol I didn't realize this team doesn't have defog, you can put defog on gliscor but I like the pressure that sd gliscor puts onto builds to break pex and grasses that don't resist ground.

:garchomp: Don't let this mon get any free switch ins as the only realiable way of killing this is to revenge with lop. Most of the time the chomp won't set up easily because every mon can at least annoy it.

:charizard-mega-y: This mon is a really terrible matchup as there're not great pivots and you just have to hope you have rocks up and get the para with clef.

:rillaboom: You have ferro to pivot on grassy glide and wood hammer but if it has superpower your in trouble. At worst you make kyurem boots to pivot in on it and switch into a fighting resist.

Team E by Kyotoshi
Mega Houndoom but it's NOT a sun team

:SS/seismitoad: :SS/houndoom-mega: :SS/zapdos: :SS/tapu-bulu: :SS/jirachi: :SS/starmie:

I built this team cause I wanted to use Mega Houndoom (obviously) but sun teams are terrible and usually a mu fish so I just made Mega Houndoom balance instead. I gotta say, it turned out way better than I expected. Read below to learn more about my huge IQ.

Of course I started this team with Mega Houndoom in mind. Nasty plot 3 attacks is the chosen set to boost the dog's damage output. I changed sludge bomb to hp fighting because I wasn't seing a lot of Tapu Fini and being walled by Ttar is an L when the team is weak to that mon already. Since I planned on clicking a lot of dark pulses, the logical next step was to incorporate paralysis into the team somehow for that sweet, sweet paraflinch. I haven't used Zapdos much this gen so I slapped it on the team. Originally it was going to be the defogger but I changed that later. I wanted momentum for the team so I chose volt switch Zapdos. Because I wasn't using discharge and static alone didn't seem haxy enough, I put a thunder wave starmie on the team to help spread yellow magic and scald burns. That's when I realized Starmie could be the hazard control too and changed Zapdos to a nice 3 attacks set. In my opinion, Starmie is super underrated and is an absolute pain in the ass for fat teams to deal with because it never dies and removes hazards easily while allowing my own rocks to stay up. With those 3 mons on the team, Seismitoad fit quite nicely as the next pick. It has great type synergy with Zapdos and allows the team to block volt switches with ease. Now that I had covered hazards and hazard control for the team, I wanted another breaker to help out Mega Houndoom and preferably one with some bulk. I chose Tapu Bulu, a mon I've been liking quite a bit recently, since grass and fairy offered a lot for the team defensively and my two water types love the passive recovery from terrain. Bulu handles dark spam which the team is otherwise weak to and is no slouch offensively. +2 Z-close combat has a high chance to take out Corviknight which foolishly switches into Bulu, not to mention this mon has a great matchup with common stall archetypes that rely on Corv as a check to grass types. Finally, I wanted a scarf mon as the team was looking a bit slow. Jirachi was a no-brainer since this team is already built around para spam. Jirachi is able to get a nice volt-turn going with Zapdos. I was lacking a steel type too so it fills that gap. Healing wish allows me to revive one of my wallbreakers back to full health in games where Jirachi is less useful. I chose heart stamp in the 4th moveslot to fully cash in on paraflinch shenanigans. And that's pretty much the finished team. Don't let the low tier mons fool you, this build is deceptively bulky and definitely fun to use when RNG is in your favor.

:ss/charizard-mega-y: :ss/charizard-mega-x:
Both Zard forms are annoying to deal with. Zard-Y is slightly more manageable and it inadvertantly gives Houndoom a huge damage boost by activating solar power. Zard-X is uncommon but awful to run into. Nothing on the team KO's it outright and it threatens everything after a dragon dance if it's the 3 attacks set. Best bet is to paralyze it with Starmie and pray.

:ss/latias-mega:
CM Mega Latias is really a threat to almost any team without pursuit trapping. This team can handle it via toxic or paralysis, but if you accidentally scald burn the Lati then you're in a lot of trouble.

:ss/volcarona:
Seismitoad is the only barrier between Volcarona and a nasty sweep. Keep it nice and healthy if you don't like losing.

:ss/excadrill:
Excadrill under sandstorm is a threat only if it is the rock slide set. You can definitely outplay this mon, but in combination with Dracozolt it becomes a bit scarier.

:ss/kyurem:
Obligatory Kyurem because this mon with choice specs is a menace to most teams. Unfortunately, my team is weak to the substitute set as well.

Team F by tf
I didn't play the tier since the magearna suspect, and didn't build since the greninja suspect so I don't know the tier very well... but I saw this thread, so I had the idea to build around clefable+scizor mega

Clefable+Trap Zor
:ss/clefable: :ss/scizor-mega: :ss/zapdos: :ss/landorus-therian: :ss/slowbro: :ss/tangrowth:
(click on the sprites to have the paste)
:ss/clefable: I wanted to build around CM Clefable so.. i built around it

:ss/scizor-mega: I choosed scizor to help clefable by trapping stuffs like Heatran or Toxapex with Sand Tomb. The Scizor is faster than a classic specially defensive Heatran

:ss/zapdos: Zap is a ground immunity, a defogger, and can beat things like corvi and ferro. With static, it can also punish u-turns

:ss/landorus-therian: The gameplan of my team is to trap Heatran and Toxapex with scizor, but it's hard if the opponent has Corviknight or Zapdos, so I use Rockium Z Landorus to destroy them

:ss/slowbro: I didn't have any Heatran and SD Garchomp switch-ins. I'll explain why is my Slowbro Specs with some calcs

:ss/tangrowth: Just an Ash-Gren switch-in and another ground resist

:ss/scizor-mega:
+2 188+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Sand Tomb vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 144-170 (47.3 - 55.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery and trapping damage
+2 188+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Sand Tomb vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 508-600 (131.6 - 155.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

:ss/slowbro:
+2 252 Atk Garchomp Continental Crush (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 132+ Def Slowbro: 292-344 (74.1 - 87.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
124 SpA Choice Specs Slowbro Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 500-592 (140 - 165.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
124 SpA Choice Specs Slowbro Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 380-450 (117.6 - 139.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(Specs on Slowbro because it wins against Heatran)

Thanks to R8 for helping me and sorry for my bad english

Deadline will be 26th of April at 11:59pm GMT.

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader
Appears we have a tie between Team D by Some God Plays, Team C by R8 and Team F by tf. This tie will be broken when someone anyone votes in the next 24 hours or Solaros & Lunaris will break it.

Cycle 51: Mega Garchomp
:ss/garchomp-mega:

Mega Garchomp has been picking up as a scary threat recently, with its Swords dance scale shot sweeper set being incredibly dangerous. How will you break the metagame?

Submissions are due by 1st of May at 11:59 PM GMT

NuttyRabbit

Banned deucer.
MY BEAUTIFUL DARK TWISTED FANTASY

:ss/Excadrill: :ss/Grimmsnarl: :ss/Garchomp-Mega: :ss/Manaphy: :ss/Volcarona: :ss/Kommo-o:
Click on the team above for the paste

Inspired both by the Mage ban, convos in Discord, and Ox the Fox's metagame post, I decided to do my own take on current Screens HO, and what better mon to build it around than one of its best abusers in M-Chomp

:Excadrill: :Grimmsnarl: First 2 mons are the standard suicide Rocks lead and Screens setter consecutively. Drill is the best suicide lead atm thanks to its ability to act as a hazard setter, hazard removal, and makeshift speed control all in one. Not only that, but its ability to get up and keep up rocks vs pretty much any archetype makes it an invaluable asset to the team. Meanwhile, Grimmsnarl is the best screen setter atm imo thanks to Prankster and the ability to act as a makeshift Mega Lop and Gren check, and even act as a secondary way to keep up hazards thanks to Taunt. Sets and spreads are standard af

:Garchomp-Mega: Usually I hate building around this mon but the moment I saw its SD Scale Shot set in action (on Screens no less) I knew I had to have it here. +2 Adamant M-Chomp hits like a fucking dumptruck and is scary enough, but with Scale Shot, it turns from a terrifying wallbreaker into a terrifying sweeper that's deceptively hard to revenge kill, especially behind screens. Moves are pretty self explanatory, with Fire Fang rounding out the movepool to hit Corvs. Adamant>Jolly for raw power

:Manaphy: Manaphy is a rather unusual pick, but a damn potent one. Thanks to the given spread which emphasizes bulk alongside Screens support, it's insanely easy for Manaphy to get to +6 and start crushing teams. The set is one that took me a while to decide on. The spread is one taken from rain teams that lets it creep Timid Zone and Defensive Zapdos. You can however, creep up to Modest Heatran and Tapu Fini if you wish. In terms of moves, Tail Glow and Surf are pretty standard, Ice Beam is to hit Grasses, but the last move is where things get interesting. I've gone with Energy Ball to improve the Stall MU and beat Gastrodon/Fini, but you can also go with Psychic to murder Pex and Mega Venu, HP Fire to murder Ferrothorn/Kartana, or even Rain Dance to make it more self sufficient. In terms of item, you can also do quite a few things here. I've elected to go Lum before it lets me absorb T-Waves/Toxics/Scalds with relative impunity and set up in the face of stuff that would otherwise stop my sweep. However, Wacan Berry is an option to fuck over Electric types, Rindo is an option if you want to bait in Rillabooms/Kartanas/Ferrothorns and destroy them. Finally, Quick Claw is an option if you truly hate your opponent and the very concept of fairness, and if you run it with enough speed to creep Rillaboom, you can become a true degenerate. Manaphy is easily the most flexible member of the team in terms of well, everything and you can truly change it to fit the team's needs.

:Volcarona: Volcarona is the team's 5th member and yet another underrated, yet also incredibly flexible screens abuser. The given set is pretty standard, though I've gone Modest>Timid to emphasize raw power, and the last slot is interesting. HP Ground is probably the most obvious choice but given the team's myriad ways of beating Heatran, I've elected to drop it in favor of Psychic, which hits Pex extremely hard. Now you can also go Giga Drain to pressure Fini/Gastro though if you do so I'd advise going Psychic on Manaphy. Roost is also an option but you waste Screens turns and you give up coverage so it isn't advisible

:Kommo-o: The final team member is my favorite mon on HO: Double Soul Kommo-o. Usually regarded as a MU fish, Double Soul Kommo-o works incredibly well on this team not only due to its ability to stomach hits from and set up on the likes of Heatran, Rillaboom, Ash Gren, Zapdos, and others, but also its ability to abuse the support given by Chomp/Volc/Manaphy insofar as their ability to pressure and eliminate the Fairies and Bulky Waters it despises, finding it especially easy to set up fully once the former is eliminated. Double Soul Kommo-o functions less as something you can go into turn 3 and win with and more something that just cleans up once the rest of the team has punched through its checks/counters/worn them down. The set and spread are pretty standard, with the given moves giving it the best coverage possible.

:Medicham-Mega: Uhhh if screens aren't up I guess this just kills everything.

Yeahhh I got nothing else

Shoutouts to the Natdex discord for being cool as always

Stream MBDTF

Avery

Banned deucer.
ok yea hi

:excadrill: :grimmsnarl: :manaphy: :volcarona: :garchomp-mega: :gyarados:

driller keeps the hazards off and so does grimm, then grimm sets the screens and since u dont have rocks on your side, life orb hp ground volc can break tran and pdef pex and all that, also behind screens u have manaphy with the ungodly bulk and the funny quick claw win button, gyara capitalizes on sdef pex and is another good switchin to tran, i have considered fire fang on chomper but you really beat the hell out of ferro and corv so i dont see it as that necessary

the threatlist includes beam gren and webs teams, have fun with it

Avaritia

Sylvain stan
Garchomp-Mega Jirachi Offense

:sm/garchomp-mega: :ss/jirachi: :ss/serperior: :ss/kommo-o: :ss/tapu-koko: :ss/corviknight:

Hi folks, I'm usually not a good team builder, and even this team is kind of similar to a team by ppodd, but I figured to just give a slightly different take on Garchomp-Mega that I think isn't too bad.

:garchomp-mega: :jirachi: One thing that I learnt when piloting Garchomp-Mega is that, while on paper he's a sweeper, he often comes in on necessity to check Pokemon like Heatran. Between hazards, tanking a few neutral hits, as well as status, the utopian case of Chomp sweeping a team is often never a reality: plus, he takes time to get going between Scale Shot and Swords Dance separately boosting its stats. Healing Wish Jirachi gives Chomp increased longevity and multiple chances to threaten the opposing team, while also checking various Fairy-types like Tapu Lele. In exchange Chomp can help versus various Fire-types that would threaten out Jirachi. We also stan momentum in this house.

:serperior: This would leave a hole versus bulky Waters such as Slowbro, so Serperior was a natural fit here, especially since Glare can mediate Chomp's speed issues. Serperior is also naturally another Pokemon that loves receiving help from Jirachi and having another chance to snowball Leaf Storms in the opponent's face. It can also to a smaller extent check physically defensive Ground-types such as Hippowdon that would annoy Chomp and would make Jirachi useless.

:kommo-o: Our rocker Kommo-o is more of a stop-gap to help versus Greninja-Ash and Charizard-Mega-Y, as well as I suppose non-Hurricane Zapdos. He also alleviates a significant amount of pressure off of Chomp as our Fire-type answer.

:tapu-koko: Koko is our speed control option versus things like Greninja-Ash and Weavile (that aren't locked into their priority, of course). Provides additional support versus bulky Waters as well as being a Volt Switcher for either Chomp or Serperior to come in safely and start their snowballing.

:corviknight: Glue mon Corviknight as our standard physical attack sponge and defogger is our last slot, nothing much else to say. Provides additional U-Turn support and alleviates pressure from Jirachi to be the Tapu Lele answer. Also helps a tad bit with the Kyurem match-up, but you shouldn't be letting Kyurem in for free as much as possible with this.

All the sets are super standard because I'm not very creative. ._.

I'm not very good at putting up threatlists, but possibly some Pokemon that could be troublesome are :mawile-mega: and :charizard-mega-y: ; for the former try to make sure your team is healthy, don't let it switch in as far as possible, if it's in (say via revenge kill) you might need to switch in Corviknight or just apply as much pressure as possible. Sort of the same thing with the latter; Kommo-o will do most of the work here but to prevent the worst case scenario of it going down, keep up rocks, you will probably be safety clicking U-Turn on your Steel-types to help.

Remember to stream Porter Robinson's Nurture, and have a good day. :)​

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
mchomp pog

:ss/garchomp-mega: :ss/jirachi: :ss/volcarona: :ss/tapu-fini: :ss/landorus-therian: :ss/tyranitar:

Built around Mchomp+Scarf Rachi

So MChomp (or basically any amazing breaker, ie mmaw, mzx etc) looooooooves the extra life given with hwish rachi, and the speed control and emergency revenge killing potential is amazing when paired together. So i decided to pair this with 2a bulky volc, because it gives us a rilla check + appreciates pex, bliss, chans etc being tricked, and heatran everything being pressured by mchomp, and gives us a second good wincon. Fini was put here as my obligatory ash gren check and gives us defog support, whilst whittling down and taunting stuff like heatran and chans/bliss for volc, and chipping away at grasses for mchomp. lando t is our rocker+ground immune, pressuring the grasses even more and checking mons like drill in sand. lastly, ttar gives us amazing breaking power and lets us weaken mons like zapdos and pursuit trap the previous aformentioned threats, with pursuit trapping, and baiting in lando and ko’ing it with ice punch, to give mchomp and easier time to sweep. the mains threats are mpert, but you can play around it with your own weather + fini and landot, hf using the team^^

peap

asleep
is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
draconian soul

:sm/Kommo-o: :sm/Jirachi: :sm/Garchomp-Mega: :sm/Serperior: :sm/Moltres: :sm/Landorus-Therian:

:garchomp-mega: I made this bulky offense in preparation for round 10+ of seasonal. I wanted a team with plenty of fallbacks and natural checks to the metagame - whatever that means rn - in order to support a Mega Garchomp sweep. Roughly speaking, Serperior and Garchomp break down each other's checks, such as Corviknight, Clefable, Heatran, and other balance staples, through a combination of hax and sheer stat boosted power. I elaborated a bit more on this synergy in the viability rankings. Meanwhile, the back-end of this team also provides typical hazard control and defensive support with an eye towards spreading Yellow Magic and other status conditions.

:jirachi: While the other teams above use Scarf + Healing Wish Jirachi to keep the Chomp healthy, I find it hard to actually make progress against fat teams with fairies, who can chip Rachi and switch out, making progress against your finite health. That's why I opted for specially defensive Wish Rachi with Body Slam — the little jewel can spread parahax against Toxapex, Corviknight, and other threats that make it so much easier for Serperior and Chomp to break. Wish is also great tech, providing consistent entry points for the aforementioned breakers so long as you can avoid status on the switch.

:kommo-o: Combined with Jirachi, you have a very solid core against the current metagame; they do lose to Toxapex and other fat cores, so enter the next mon:

:serperior: Serperior is mono-grass, dropping HP Fire for Leech Seed. This enables it to break through Blissey better and maintain much better longevity over the match. Setting up on Toxapex and Slowbro for free is a big deal! For the same reasons that Jirachi is defensive, the goal with this set is to always have a midground option to wear down the opposing team as much as possible. Oftentimes teams crumble to seed chip and paralysis.

:moltres: Moltres is role compression, providing a Heatran switchin along with Kommo-o. Fitting natural Fire coverage for steels like Scizor, Ferrothorn is a plus and it can spread helpful burns. EVed to avoid 2HKO from Zard Y Weather Ball and outspeed Modest Zone.

:landorus-therian: Lando-T is also a good bit of speed control. Feel free to mix up the moves, I opted for HP Ice + Stone Edge Lando since Jirachi can generally handle Mega Latias. I also think Explosion is nice to revenge things like +1 Kommo-o.

Tournament replay so that Mudkip can write his C&C analysis: here. While this replay is against stall, I also hit #2 on ladder 88% in early april with this team, did decently well vs offense/balance as a whole

Threatlist:

:Gliscor: A well-played Swords Dance variant can put you very very behind. Time your switch-ins sublimely to not let it heal and setup, so that Chomp and Serp can revenge.

:Weavile: the choice band axel variant has a good matchup on 5/6 mons, will likely claim a kill but nothing gives it free entry.

Last edited:

Ryuji

LIFE'S FLASHING BEFORE YOUR EYES?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor Alumnus
Chomp Mega + UrshiKing Balanced
:ss/garchomp-mega::ss/urshifu-rapid-strike::ss/slowking::ss/ferrothorn::ss/mandibuzz::ss/volcarona:

I wanted to build around Slowking + Chomp, since that seems quite strong. Slowking attract stuffs like Zapdos, that Chomp love since he can use him as a settup fooder. The spreads are pretty common.
then I've put Urshifu, cuz F-Sight + Urshifu is really broken, and since slowbro is currently dropping, this core is actually quite strong. Plus, Urshifu is capable of soft checking stuffs like Weavile and Ash-Gren. Ice Punch is for revenge kill Chomp, or surprise him.
I've slapped Ferro/Mandi, since they form a pretty nasty defensive core. I've elected Toxic over U-Turn on Mandi, to improve the Tias Mega MU (maybe I'm a little bit paranoic, but still '-'), but it's a personnal choice, so U-Turn can be used.
then I choose Volc, in order to pressure some steels (hello corv) and to act as another wincond, since Pex / Heatran can be easily removed. Buginium is awesome to OHKO Chomp at +1. The SpA invest are to win a 1v1 duel vs Tias (without Psyshock, ofc), and the speed aloud to creep Adamant Rilla + Zapdos that want to creep Rilla.

for the threatlist, there's 2 things I want to mention. First, the other Volc could be a threat. Chomp can handle it and KO it, but, if it's get weakened, you need to Toxic it with Mandi and stall it with Roost. It's a hard MU, but you do have some gameplan.
You can choose to put Aqua Jet on Ice Punch, but, Chomp MU is gonna be harder.
Another rude MU is Sand. Even if Rona could do things, you'll need to play very agressively to prevent Drill to setup and to claim kills. You can change the Slowking spread so that he can handle a +2 Jolly Quake from Drill, but then, Lele can become an issue if the opp does the right prediction.

Steorra

nya smells
Discord Leader
Congratulations to R8 for winning round 50!! Now for voting time.

Team A by NuttyRabbit
MY BEAUTIFUL DARK TWISTED FANTASY

:ss/Excadrill: :ss/Grimmsnarl: :ss/Garchomp-Mega: :ss/Manaphy: :ss/Volcarona: :ss/Kommo-o:

Inspired both by the Mage ban, convos in Discord, and Ox the Fox's metagame post, I decided to do my own take on current Screens HO, and what better mon to build it around than one of its best abusers in M-Chomp

:Excadrill: :Grimmsnarl: First 2 mons are the standard suicide Rocks lead and Screens setter consecutively. Drill is the best suicide lead atm thanks to its ability to act as a hazard setter, hazard removal, and makeshift speed control all in one. Not only that, but its ability to get up and keep up rocks vs pretty much any archetype makes it an invaluable asset to the team. Meanwhile, Grimmsnarl is the best screen setter atm imo thanks to Prankster and the ability to act as a makeshift Mega Lop and Gren check, and even act as a secondary way to keep up hazards thanks to Taunt. Sets and spreads are standard af

:Garchomp-Mega: Usually I hate building around this mon but the moment I saw its SD Scale Shot set in action (on Screens no less) I knew I had to have it here. +2 Adamant M-Chomp hits like a fucking dumptruck and is scary enough, but with Scale Shot, it turns from a terrifying wallbreaker into a terrifying sweeper that's deceptively hard to revenge kill, especially behind screens. Moves are pretty self explanatory, with Fire Fang rounding out the movepool to hit Corvs. Adamant>Jolly for raw power

:Manaphy: Manaphy is a rather unusual pick, but a damn potent one. Thanks to the given spread which emphasizes bulk alongside Screens support, it's insanely easy for Manaphy to get to +6 and start crushing teams. The set is one that took me a while to decide on. The spread is one taken from rain teams that lets it creep Timid Zone and Defensive Zapdos. You can however, creep up to Modest Heatran and Tapu Fini if you wish. In terms of moves, Tail Glow and Surf are pretty standard, Ice Beam is to hit Grasses, but the last move is where things get interesting. I've gone with Energy Ball to improve the Stall MU and beat Gastrodon/Fini, but you can also go with Psychic to murder Pex and Mega Venu, HP Fire to murder Ferrothorn/Kartana, or even Rain Dance to make it more self sufficient. In terms of item, you can also do quite a few things here. I've elected to go Lum before it lets me absorb T-Waves/Toxics/Scalds with relative impunity and set up in the face of stuff that would otherwise stop my sweep. However, Wacan Berry is an option to fuck over Electric types, Rindo is an option if you want to bait in Rillabooms/Kartanas/Ferrothorns and destroy them. Finally, Quick Claw is an option if you truly hate your opponent and the very concept of fairness, and if you run it with enough speed to creep Rillaboom, you can become a true degenerate. Manaphy is easily the most flexible member of the team in terms of well, everything and you can truly change it to fit the team's needs.

:Volcarona: Volcarona is the team's 5th member and yet another underrated, yet also incredibly flexible screens abuser. The given set is pretty standard, though I've gone Modest>Timid to emphasize raw power, and the last slot is interesting. HP Ground is probably the most obvious choice but given the team's myriad ways of beating Heatran, I've elected to drop it in favor of Psychic, which hits Pex extremely hard. Now you can also go Giga Drain to pressure Fini/Gastro though if you do so I'd advise going Psychic on Manaphy. Roost is also an option but you waste Screens turns and you give up coverage so it isn't advisible

:Kommo-o: The final team member is my favorite mon on HO: Double Soul Kommo-o. Usually regarded as a MU fish, Double Soul Kommo-o works incredibly well on this team not only due to its ability to stomach hits from and set up on the likes of Heatran, Rillaboom, Ash Gren, Zapdos, and others, but also its ability to abuse the support given by Chomp/Volc/Manaphy insofar as their ability to pressure and eliminate the Fairies and Bulky Waters it despises, finding it especially easy to set up fully once the former is eliminated. Double Soul Kommo-o functions less as something you can go into turn 3 and win with and more something that just cleans up once the rest of the team has punched through its checks/counters/worn them down. The set and spread are pretty standard, with the given moves giving it the best coverage possible.

:Medicham-Mega: Uhhh if screens aren't up I guess this just kills everything.

Yeahhh I got nothing else

Shoutouts to the Natdex discord for being cool as always

Stream MBDTF

Team B by Avery
ok yea hi

:excadrill: :grimmsnarl: :manaphy: :volcarona: :garchomp-mega: :gyarados:

driller keeps the hazards off and so does grimm, then grimm sets the screens and since u dont have rocks on your side, life orb hp ground volc can break tran and pdef pex and all that, also behind screens u have manaphy with the ungodly bulk and the funny quick claw win button, gyara capitalizes on sdef pex and is another good switchin to tran, i have considered fire fang on chomper but you really beat the hell out of ferro and corv so i dont see it as that necessary

the threatlist includes beam gren and webs teams, have fun with it

Team C by Avaritia GC
Garchomp-Mega Jirachi Offense

:sm/garchomp-mega: :ss/jirachi: :ss/serperior: :ss/kommo-o: :ss/tapu-koko: :ss/corviknight:

Hi folks, I'm usually not a good team builder, and even this team is kind of similar to a team by ppodd, but I figured to just give a slightly different take on Garchomp-Mega that I think isn't too bad.

:garchomp-mega: :jirachi: One thing that I learnt when piloting Garchomp-Mega is that, while on paper he's a sweeper, he often comes in on necessity to check Pokemon like Heatran. Between hazards, tanking a few neutral hits, as well as status, the utopian case of Chomp sweeping a team is often never a reality: plus, he takes time to get going between Scale Shot and Swords Dance separately boosting its stats. Healing Wish Jirachi gives Chomp increased longevity and multiple chances to threaten the opposing team, while also checking various Fairy-types like Tapu Lele. In exchange Chomp can help versus various Fire-types that would threaten out Jirachi. We also stan momentum in this house.

:serperior: This would leave a hole versus bulky Waters such as Slowbro, so Serperior was a natural fit here, especially since Glare can mediate Chomp's speed issues. Serperior is also naturally another Pokemon that loves receiving help from Jirachi and having another chance to snowball Leaf Storms in the opponent's face. It can also to a smaller extent check physically defensive Ground-types such as Hippowdon that would annoy Chomp and would make Jirachi useless.

:kommo-o: Our rocker Kommo-o is more of a stop-gap to help versus Greninja-Ash and Charizard-Mega-Y, as well as I suppose non-Hurricane Zapdos. He also alleviates a significant amount of pressure off of Chomp as our Fire-type answer.

:tapu-koko: Koko is our speed control option versus things like Greninja-Ash and Weavile (that aren't locked into their priority, of course). Provides additional support versus bulky Waters as well as being a Volt Switcher for either Chomp or Serperior to come in safely and start their snowballing.

:corviknight: Glue mon Corviknight as our standard physical attack sponge and defogger is our last slot, nothing much else to say. Provides additional U-Turn support and alleviates pressure from Jirachi to be the Tapu Lele answer. Also helps a tad bit with the Kyurem match-up, but you shouldn't be letting Kyurem in for free as much as possible with this.

All the sets are super standard because I'm not very creative. ._.

I'm not very good at putting up threatlists, but possibly some Pokemon that could be troublesome are :mawile-mega: and :charizard-mega-y: ; for the former try to make sure your team is healthy, don't let it switch in as far as possible, if it's in (say via revenge kill) you might need to switch in Corviknight or just apply as much pressure as possible. Sort of the same thing with the latter; Kommo-o will do most of the work here but to prevent the worst case scenario of it going down, keep up rocks, you will probably be safety clicking U-Turn on your Steel-types to help.

Remember to stream Porter Robinson's Nurture, and have a good day. :)​

Team D by adsam
mchomp pog

:ss/garchomp-mega: :ss/jirachi: :ss/volcarona: :ss/tapu-fini: :ss/landorus-therian: :ss/tyranitar:

Built around Mchomp+Scarf Rachi

So MChomp (or basically any amazing breaker, ie mmaw, mzx etc) looooooooves the extra life given with hwish rachi, and the speed control and emergency revenge killing potential is amazing when paired together. So i decided to pair this with 2a bulky volc, because it gives us a rilla check + appreciates pex, bliss, chans etc being tricked, and heatran everything being pressured by mchomp, and gives us a second good wincon. Fini was put here as my obligatory ash gren check and gives us defog support, whilst whittling down and taunting stuff like heatran and chans/bliss for volc, and chipping away at grasses for mchomp. lando t is our rocker+ground immune, pressuring the grasses even more and checking mons like drill in sand. lastly, ttar gives us amazing breaking power and lets us weaken mons like zapdos and pursuit trap the previous aformentioned threats, with pursuit trapping, and baiting in lando and ko’ing it with ice punch, to give mchomp and easier time to sweep. the mains threats are mpert, but you can play around it with your own weather + fini and landot, hf using the team^^

Team E by ppödd
draconian soul

:sm/Kommo-o: :sm/Jirachi: :sm/Garchomp-Mega: :sm/Serperior: :sm/Moltres: :sm/Landorus-Therian:

:garchomp-mega: I made this bulky offense in preparation for round 10+ of seasonal. I wanted a team with plenty of fallbacks and natural checks to the metagame - whatever that means rn - in order to support a Mega Garchomp sweep. Roughly speaking, Serperior and Garchomp break down each other's checks, such as Corviknight, Clefable, Heatran, and other balance staples, through a combination of hax and sheer stat boosted power. I elaborated a bit more on this synergy in the viability rankings. Meanwhile, the back-end of this team also provides typical hazard control and defensive support with an eye towards spreading Yellow Magic and other status conditions.

:jirachi: While the other teams above use Scarf + Healing Wish Jirachi to keep the Chomp healthy, I find it hard to actually make progress against fat teams with fairies, who can chip Rachi and switch out, making progress against your finite health. That's why I opted for specially defensive Wish Rachi with Body Slam — the little jewel can spread parahax against Toxapex, Corviknight, and other threats that make it so much easier for Serperior and Chomp to break. Wish is also great tech, providing consistent entry points for the aforementioned breakers so long as you can avoid status on the switch.

:kommo-o: Combined with Jirachi, you have a very solid core against the current metagame; they do lose to Toxapex and other fat cores, so enter the next mon:

:serperior: Serperior is mono-grass, dropping HP Fire for Leech Seed. This enables it to break through Blissey better and maintain much better longevity over the match. Setting up on Toxapex and Slowbro for free is a big deal! For the same reasons that Jirachi is defensive, the goal with this set is to always have a midground option to wear down the opposing team as much as possible. Oftentimes teams crumble to seed chip and paralysis.

:moltres: Moltres is role compression, providing a Heatran switchin along with Kommo-o. Fitting natural Fire coverage for steels like Scizor, Ferrothorn is a plus and it can spread helpful burns. EVed to avoid 2HKO from Zard Y Weather Ball and outspeed Modest Zone.

:landorus-therian: Lando-T is also a good bit of speed control. Feel free to mix up the moves, I opted for HP Ice + Stone Edge Lando since Jirachi can generally handle Mega Latias. I also think Explosion is nice to revenge things like +1 Kommo-o.

Tournament replay so that Mudkip can write his C&C analysis: here. While this replay is against stall, I also hit #2 on ladder 88% in early april with this team, did decently well vs offense/balance as a whole

Threatlist:

:Gliscor: A well-played Swords Dance variant can put you very very behind. Time your switch-ins sublimely to not let it heal and setup, so that Chomp and Serp can revenge.

:Weavile: the choice band axel variant has a good matchup on 5/6 mons, will likely claim a kill but nothing gives it free entry.

Team F by Ryuji-Sempai
Chomp Mega + UrshiKing Balanced
:ss/garchomp-mega::ss/urshifu-rapid-strike::ss/slowking::ss/ferrothorn::ss/mandibuzz::ss/volcarona:

I wanted to build around Slowking + Chomp, since that seems quite strong. Slowking attract stuffs like Zapdos, that Chomp love since he can use him as a settup fooder. The spreads are pretty common.
then I've put Urshifu, cuz F-Sight + Urshifu is really broken, and since slowbro is currently dropping, this core is actually quite strong. Plus, Urshifu is capable of soft checking stuffs like Weavile and Ash-Gren. Ice Punch is for revenge kill Chomp, or surprise him.
I've slapped Ferro/Mandi, since they form a pretty nasty defensive core. I've elected Toxic over U-Turn on Mandi, to improve the Tias Mega MU (maybe I'm a little bit paranoic, but still '-'), but it's a personnal choice, so U-Turn can be used.
then I choose Volc, in order to pressure some steels (hello corv) and to act as another wincond, since Pex / Heatran can be easily removed. Buginium is awesome to OHKO Chomp at +1. The SpA invest are to win a 1v1 duel vs Tias (without Psyshock, ofc), and the speed aloud to creep Adamant Rilla + Zapdos that want to creep Rilla.

for the threatlist, there's 2 things I want to mention. First, the other Volc could be a threat. Chomp can handle it and KO it, but, if it's get weakened, you need to Toxic it with Mandi and stall it with Roost. It's a hard MU, but you do have some gameplan.
You can choose to put Aqua Jet on Ice Punch, but, Chomp MU is gonna be harder.
Another rude MU is Sand. Even if Rona could do things, you'll need to play very agressively to prevent Drill to setup and to claim kills. You can change the Slowking spread so that he can handle a +2 Jolly Quake from Drill, but then, Lele can become an issue if the opp does the right prediction.
Deadline for votes will be Monday 3rd at 11:59pm GMT

NuttyRabbit

Banned deucer.
DOUBLE TAPU BULKY OFFENSE FT. CALM MIND Z-FAIRY TAPU KOKO

:ss/Tapu Koko: :ss/Heatran: :ss/Landorus-Therian: :ss/Tangrowth: :ss/Scizor-Mega: :ss/Tapu Fini:

This is super late I know but I was dealing with some nasty stuff so w/e. Anyways here's something nice and hot

:Tapu Koko: Okay so I'll freely admit that this was a team I made for someone else, and they wanted to build around Calm Mind Z-Koko. Originally it was Electrium Z but I decided to change it to Fairium Z since the idea of luring in and destroying the bulky Grounds and Dragons that like to pivot into Koko was too good to pass up. Not only that, but being able to set up alongside other CMers and serve as a long term answer to fliers like Corv and Zapdos thanks to Roost was a really, really useful ability that I thought could be taken advantage of.

:Heatran: Heatran is the team's rocker and is frankly the best possible partner for this Koko set since in return for taking on the bulky Waters and Grounds that Tran hates so much, Tran threatens and even eliminates the bulky Grasses that Koko can't touch. The set and spread is pretty normal, albeit I used just a bit more speed to get the jump on Tran creepers

:Landorus-Therian: Scarf Lando is the team's primary speed control and not only serves as a check to the Grounds that scare Koko and Tran (especially Drill, which both members struggle with), but also serves as a way to pivot into them as well. In addition, thanks to HP Fire in the last slot, it serves as an emergency Kartana and Scizor check if all else fails. The spread helps it take on Kartana and other physical attackers like Lopunny better, Edge gives it a tool vs opposing Landos and Zapdos, and EQ and U-turn are p much mandatory. You can go HP Ice> Fire but as we'll see, there's another mon that checks the HP Ice targets better

:Tangrowth: Rocky Helmet Tangrowth is said mon, not only serving as a solid check to SD Grounds like Lando (barring Fly-Z), Gliscor, and Garchomp, but also serving as an excellent pivot into Lopunny, Kartana, Ferrothorn, and Excadrill. HP Ice > Fire better targets Grounds though if you want to just mess up Ferros, Scizor,s and Karts that much harder you can go HP Fire here and go HP Ice on Lando, though that makes Gliscor a bit trickier imo. The last move here is Rock Slide since the powders are rendered ineffectual by double terrain, EQ seemed kind of redundant, and Rock Slide patches up the otherwise awful Zard-Y and Volcarona matchups

:Scizor-Mega: Scizor rounds out the team as a great check to Psychics, a tertiary Kartana check, and most importantly, a tertiary wincon and Kyurem check. Set and spread maximize its special bulk, and the given set lets it not only pivot into stuff like Lando, Tran, and Koko, but also clean up once those three have cleared up its checks/counters. You can go Knock>Turn for an even better Lati matchup and SD Kart matchup, but you lose too much momentum imo

:Tapu Fini: Fini rounds out the team as the team's defogger, Ash Gren check, Heatran check, and general annoyer of slow, fat shit. Set and spread are pretty standard, and its ability to just annoy stuff like Clef, Corv, and the Slowtwins is greatly appreciated

:Volcarona: :Charizard-Mega-Y: If Volc is HP Ground, it becomes an extreme threat to the team. Worst case Tang or LAndo can attempt to nail it with Rock Slide or Heatran can nail it with Toxic, but it can still be nasty. HP Groundless variants just get walled to hell by Tran though. Zard Y hits way harder and is a more immediate threat but the combination of Rock Slide, Lando Stone Edge, Koko T-bolt, and even Tran Toxic should be enough to keep it from out and out sweeping.

:Medicham-Mega: Between Lando and Tang you should be able to chip it down, but if it predicts right it can become a sack game that doesn't go in your favor

Shoutouts to the Natdex discord as always for giving me feedback on the team and being cool in general

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)