• No

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
gm

:slowking-galar: :lopunny-mega: :weavile: :gliscor: :heatran: :tapu-bulu:

built this team around the core of glowking + pup encore lop + sd weavile, together, these 3 form a terrifying offensive core breaking extremely well for each other and wearing down teams with ease. sd boots weavile was chosen because it struggles to break corv and pex without chip, but wears down teams extremely fast and has amazing longetevity. pup encore lop was chosed because it specifically abused these mons and wear then down well for weavile. glowking alongside lop completely shreds bulkier teams, wearing down the likes of clef and fini for them. glisc + bulu + tran was the added defensive core due to bulu synergising well with both tran and glowking, providing extra recovery to especially glowking due to us running boots, and generally check the meta as a whole, as well as tran breaking for the offensive core due to them lacking immediate power.

jirachi.png
heracross-mega.png
slowking-galar.png
tapufini.png
corviknight.png
landorus-therian.png

HeraRachi + Pool Glowking
:slowking-galar:+:heracross-mega:Goated core (thx Sola&Luna for the set!). Whirpool Glowking traps Clef and Pex for Mega Hera, and serves as a soft check to Heatran, Fini, Zapdos, Kyurem and Koko;

:jirachi:provides speed control, a short term check to fairies and psychics, an out vs Mega Scizor and Kartana (which could otherwise be troublesome), and Healing Wish support for Mega Hera;

:tapu fini:a second potent set up win con that abuses Pex, and appreciates Mega Heras ability to squash Bulu and Ferro. Fini also provides terrain, which Mega Hera appreciates, and a Gren check;

:corviknight:defogger, Lele check, Secondary Kyurem check together with Glowking, Rillaboom, and offensive grounds check;

:landorus-therian:rocker, secondary Rillaboom and offensive grounds check, and volt blocker.

Paste: https://pokepast.es/a52a6789e7eb375c
sent too early, oops! (thx lupla and R8 for ur patience)

Last edited:

Kyo

In Limbo
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
National Dex Leader
:ss/tyranitar-mega: :ss/magnezone: :ss/kartana: :ss/mantine: :ss/slowking-galar: :ss/landorus-therian:

This is a team I made months ago designed around trapping to set up an SD Kart sweep. Normalium Z Kartana is a monster of a wallbreaker that bypasses some of the sturdiest answers to other Kart sets like Zapdos, Moltres, Volcarona, Zard-Y, Tangrowth, and Mega Venusaur. Dropping Fightinium Z means that Kart has issues with Mega Scizor, Corviknight, and Skarmory so I use Magnezone to trap those mons and remove other annoyances like Ferrothorn and opposing scarf Kart. Mega Ttar is the secondary trapper that helps remove both Lati forms which outspeed and threaten SD Kart as well as Lele when it locks into psyshock but its primary role is to set up stealth rocks and disrupt weather in rain/sun matchups. Ice beam on Mega Ttar is a useful tech to snipe Lando, Gliscor, and Chomp/Mega Chomp which can all soft check Kartana or, in the case of Gliscor, u-turn on it for momentum. Magnezone appreciates the removal of these ground types as well. Next up is Mantine which defogs hazards, carries the team singlehandedly in rain MUs, and checks some threats to the team like Volcarona and Greninja. A water immunity is great for the team since Kartana does not want to take those hits. Because Mantine is heavily defense invested to take hits from Mega Swampert and Blaziken, I've got Galar Slowking packing a vest. This mon stops Koko and Lele on the spot and can scout Greninja pretty easily as the given EV spread avoids a 2hko from specs dark pulse. Scarf Lando is the revenge killer chosen for its useful ground and electric immunities but it also plays another crucial role. Scarf Lando can bait Corviknight and Skarm into taking a knock off thus removing a potential shed shell. This improves the stall matchup by a wide margin allowing Kartana to properly break through fat teams. Scarf Lando naturally pairs great with Magnezone and is a decent wincon after Corv/Skarm have been trapped or after Kartana has baited and destroyed any Zapdos/Tangrowth with Z giga impact.​

spell

Death and I
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
Good morning, all! I haven't really built much but I am a real huge fan of Slowking-Galar in the current metagame, so here is what I went with:

:skarmory::slowking-galar::mawile-mega::landorus-therian::weavile::tapu-fini:

This team was originally made for a side PL I played in during July where I, sadly, went 0-x (sad fate). But, I did build this Slowking-Galar Hazard Stack team during it so it wasn't a huge loss. Anyways, the star of the show is... not Slowking! It's actually Weavile, who is extremely good on Hstacks like this as it just really thoroughly cleans a good chunk of teams that don't have one of Buzzwole, Tapu Fini, Skarmory or physically-biased Mega-Scizor. This is why I decided to include Slowking-Galar as a good way of garnering chip vs Scizor (Takes a knock but the good thing about Slowking-Galar is that it can afford to lose its item), scaring out Buzzwole with Future-Sight, completely destroying Skarmory with Flamethrower and decently beats most Tapu Fini's that stand in Weavile's way. Now, I needed a breaker, and since I am hazard stack I thought 4a Mega-Mawile was the perfect fit for this. It's just a solid mon, does well versus a plethora of stuff, and makes Weavile's job a little lighter. I added Tapu Fini on here because y naut honestly, I needed a water and I didn't particularly need it to be the utility set so I just went cm, not much to note here honestly. SKARMORY, without Skarm this team is kind of Chomp food tbh so having an instant out in the form of Skarmory is nice, plus, it sets spikes really well and allows Weavile to clean more efficiently, Mawile to be really annoying to switchin to for any grounded pokes and makes offensive Ground-Z Lando extremely threatening. Speaking of Lando, that is the final addition to this team and probably the funniest part, I added it because, well, no fogger beats it (* because well Fini does take a massive chunk off of it but you still SD on its face and click Ground-Z anyway sooo) besides like Kartana so, between that and Slowking-Galar, hazards are mostly staying up.

Here is a replay of the team:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1383074234-si4gfkceehbrq9t1ualyo8cvdig7ggipw

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Voting time!

Team A by Agentkeval
:ss/urshifu-rapid-strike::ss/Slowking-galar::ss/Landorus-Therian::ss/Kartana::ss/Corviknight::ss/Tapu Fini:

paste: https://pokepast.es/abfd63a931bfc268

:ss/Urshifu-rapid-strike: + :ss/slowking galar: I wanted to start out with these two mons as a core. Urshifu with future sight up is extremely powerful, shredding through nearly, if not all, of its checks and counters. While urshifu provides my offense, gking is a nice check for hard hitting sp atk mons like kyurem, m diancie, and the tapus.

:ss/Kartana: I added kartana because I felt like I needed sheer power and just an overall breaker. Kartana fit here and also puts pressure on mons like pex and fini, which check urshifu without future sight up.

:ss/corviknight: Corviknight is just a good defogger and checks things like rillaboom and other physical attackers, i don't think this needs to be explained too much.

:ss/tapu fini: I needed a gren check, but also needed to keep up the offensive pressure, as well as have a knocker, so I added fini.

:ss/landorus therian: Finally, I needed a rocker and electric immune, so lando was nice. I made it defensive cuz I have a fear of toxic and zeraora.

basically an ou team...
Team B by adsam
gm

:slowking-galar: :lopunny-mega: :weavile: :gliscor: :heatran: :tapu-bulu:

built this team around the core of glowking + pup encore lop + sd weavile, together, these 3 form a terrifying offensive core breaking extremely well for each other and wearing down teams with ease. sd boots weavile was chosen because it struggles to break corv and pex without chip, but wears down teams extremely fast and has amazing longetevity. pup encore lop was chosed because it specifically abused these mons and wear then down well for weavile. glowking alongside lop completely shreds bulkier teams, wearing down the likes of clef and fini for them. glisc + bulu + tran was the added defensive core due to bulu synergising well with both tran and glowking, providing extra recovery to especially glowking due to us running boots, and generally check the meta as a whole, as well as tran breaking for the offensive core due to them lacking immediate power.
Team C by 7thisslugismart7
:slowking-galar:+:heracross-mega:Goated core (thx Sola&Luna for the set!). Whirpool Glowking traps Clef and Pex for Mega Hera, and serves as a soft check to Heatran, Fini, Zapdos, Kyurem and Koko;

:jirachi:provides speed control, a short term check to fairies and psychics, an out vs Mega Scizor and Kartana (which could otherwise be troublesome), and Healing Wish support for Mega Hera;

:tapu fini:a second potent set up win con that abuses Pex, and appreciates Mega Heras ability to squash Bulu and Ferro. Fini also provides terrain, which Mega Hera appreciates, and a Gren check;

:corviknight:defogger, Lele check, Secondary Kyurem check together with Glowking, Rillaboom, and offensive grounds check;

:landorus-therian:rocker, secondary Rillaboom and offensive grounds check, and volt blocker.

Paste: https://pokepast.es/a52a6789e7eb375c
sent too early, oops! (thx lupla and R8 for ur patience)
Team D by Kyotoshi
:ss/tyranitar-mega: :ss/magnezone: :ss/kartana: :ss/mantine: :ss/slowking-galar: :ss/landorus-therian:

This is a team I made months ago designed around trapping to set up an SD Kart sweep. Normalium Z Kartana is a monster of a wallbreaker that bypasses some of the sturdiest answers to other Kart sets like Zapdos, Moltres, Volcarona, Zard-Y, Tangrowth, and Mega Venusaur. Dropping Fightinium Z means that Kart has issues with Mega Scizor, Corviknight, and Skarmory so I use Magnezone to trap those mons and remove other annoyances like Ferrothorn and opposing scarf Kart. Mega Ttar is the secondary trapper that helps remove both Lati forms which outspeed and threaten SD Kart as well as Lele when it locks into psyshock but its primary role is to set up stealth rocks and disrupt weather in rain/sun matchups. Ice beam on Mega Ttar is a useful tech to snipe Lando, Gliscor, and Chomp/Mega Chomp which can all soft check Kartana or, in the case of Gliscor, u-turn on it for momentum. Magnezone appreciates the removal of these ground types as well. Next up is Mantine which defogs hazards, carries the team singlehandedly in rain MUs, and checks some threats to the team like Volcarona and Greninja. A water immunity is great for the team since Kartana does not want to take those hits. Because Mantine is heavily defense invested to take hits from Mega Swampert and Blaziken, I've got Galar Slowking packing a vest. This mon stops Koko and Lele on the spot and can scout Greninja pretty easily as the given EV spread avoids a 2hko from specs dark pulse. Scarf Lando is the revenge killer chosen for its useful ground and electric immunities but it also plays another crucial role. Scarf Lando can bait Corviknight and Skarm into taking a knock off thus removing a potential shed shell. This improves the stall matchup by a wide margin allowing Kartana to properly break through fat teams. Scarf Lando naturally pairs great with Magnezone and is a decent wincon after Corv/Skarm have been trapped or after Kartana has baited and destroyed any Zapdos/Tangrowth with Z giga impact.​
Team E by omicorio
Good morning, all! I haven't really built much but I am a real huge fan of Slowking-Galar in the current metagame, so here is what I went with:

:skarmory::slowking-galar::mawile-mega::landorus-therian::weavile::tapu-fini:

This team was originally made for a side PL I played in during July where I, sadly, went 0-x (sad fate). But, I did build this Slowking-Galar Hazard Stack team during it so it wasn't a huge loss. Anyways, the star of the show is... not Slowking! It's actually Weavile, who is extremely good on Hstacks like this as it just really thoroughly cleans a good chunk of teams that don't have one of Buzzwole, Tapu Fini, Skarmory or physically-biased Mega-Scizor. This is why I decided to include Slowking-Galar as a good way of garnering chip vs Scizor (Takes a knock but the good thing about Slowking-Galar is that it can afford to lose its item), scaring out Buzzwole with Future-Sight, completely destroying Skarmory with Flamethrower and decently beats most Tapu Fini's that stand in Weavile's way. Now, I needed a breaker, and since I am hazard stack I thought 4a Mega-Mawile was the perfect fit for this. It's just a solid mon, does well versus a plethora of stuff, and makes Weavile's job a little lighter. I added Tapu Fini on here because y naut honestly, I needed a water and I didn't particularly need it to be the utility set so I just went cm, not much to note here honestly. SKARMORY, without Skarm this team is kind of Chomp food tbh so having an instant out in the form of Skarmory is nice, plus, it sets spikes really well and allows Weavile to clean more efficiently, Mawile to be really annoying to switchin to for any grounded pokes and makes offensive Ground-Z Lando extremely threatening. Speaking of Lando, that is the final addition to this team and probably the funniest part, I added it because, well, no fogger beats it (* because well Fini does take a massive chunk off of it but you still SD on its face and click Ground-Z anyway sooo) besides like Kartana so, between that and Slowking-Galar, hazards are mostly staying up.

Here is a replay of the team:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1383074234-si4gfkceehbrq9t1ualyo8cvdig7ggipw
Votes are due by 8/9 at 11:59 PM GMT

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
gm
:latios-mega: :greninja: :melmetal: :gliscor: :toxapex: :clefable:

3a thunder mtios is an amazing partner with spikes z gren, with gren spike stacking in order to wear down mtios‘s checks as well as luring in bliss/chans for mtios to break. thunder mtios + twave melm forms an effective paraspam core, wearing down steels such as corv, skarm msciz, and heatran as well as waters such as pex and the slowtwins, and with the combined spike stack support from gren, this turns into a deadly core, quickly dismantling opposing teams. beam lati + melm is also extremely threatening as lati checks grounds extremely well, and melm deals with the fairys that psychic-less lati struggles to deal with. sd glisc was added as tran check as well as secondary wincon that benefits greatly from the hazard stacking and para spam, easing its way through teams. pex clef was added to round of the core, checking the likes of agren, volc, lop and sciz for the team, as well as providing hefty knock off support, removing boots to make grens spikes much more efficient.

:sm/magnezone: :sm/latios-mega: :sm/tapu fini: :ss/corviknight: :sm/landorus-therian: :sm/weavile:
Double Trapper + Sub Latios BO (<- paste in tittle)

:Latios-Mega: Sub Latios is the best set rn, no cap. As explained in Kyotoshi's post in the VRs, Sub Latios is able to take advantage of his common soft checks by abusing their passivity, and common maneuvers made to outplay Latios like pivoting into a slowtwin and into a pursuit trapper or a faster mon;

:Magnezone: immediately came into mind, trapping both Corv and Mega Sciz, which otherwise wouldnt let Latios make meaningful progress;

:Tapu Fini: serves as the teams stall breaker, Ash Gren and Heatran check, and a powerful set up win con that appreciates Zone getting rid of Ferro and Mega Sciz;

:Corviknight: Spdef set is chosen to better check the likes of Kyurem and Lele (which can decimate the team otherwise). Corv is the team's defogger, Rillaboom and offensive grounds check, and another slow pivot that Latios appreciates greatly.

:Weavile: Rounding up the double trap core. Getting rid of opposing psychics (and Aegislash), heavily pressures the likes of Chansey and Blissey, and together with Corv, serve as tried-n-true ground checks;

:Landorus-Therian: the team's rocker, secondary offensive grounds check, and volt blocker. Flynium is to better check Rillaboom.

:Tapu Koko: Utterly and absolutely decimates and shits on the team :(. Lando + Zone can theoretically be enough to deal with it, as u can always midground into zone and go from there ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

:Diancie-Mega: Its not that bad since Fini, Corv and defensive Lando have good matchups vs it, and nothing realistically gives it free entry (l2p tbh).
(shoutouts to Adam and The Pokémen server for helping!)

MEGA LATIOS + SD WEAVILE BULKY OFFENSE

:sm/latios-mega: :sm/weavile: :sm/Zapdos: :sm/landorus-therian: :sm/ferrothorn: :sm/tapu-fini:
https://pokepast.es/5f21dec5ff2742e2

Meant to post this sooner but got busy and whatnot

:latios-mega: :weavile:

So for this week's comp, I decided to build around the core of Mystical Fire Mtios and HDB Swords Dance Weavile. Basically Mtios uses its stellar Psychic/Fire/Fighting coverage to break through Weavile's checks and counters like Toxapex, Corviknight, Mega Scizor, etc. while also luring in the bulky Psychics that Weavile can use as setup fodder.

:latios-mega: :weavile: :zapdos:

Next up in the team is 3 Attacks Zapdos, who helps apply pressure on mons like Tapu Fini that neither Lati nor Weavile want to deal with while also giving a more sturdy check to stuff like Kart, Rilla. Lop, Sciz, etc. Paralysis support is also really nice for crippling stuff for Weav to more easily sweep in the late game.

:latios-mega: :weavile: :zapdos: :landorus-therian:

With Weavile and Zapdos handling threats like Mega Garchomp and Mega Lopunny I can afford to run offensive Landorus-Therian which in this case is running a set of Earthquake, Smack Down, and Z-Fly while providing Stealth Rock support. This set is nigh unwallable while still providing decent defensive utility in a ground-immunity, Volt blocker, etc. The EVs allow Lando-T to always OHKO RH Tangrowth with Z-Fly while outspeeding Modest Heatran.

:latios-mega: :weavile: :zapdos: :landorus-therian: :ferrothorn: :tapu-fini:

For my last 2 slots I went with Ferrothorn and Tapu Fini. Ferro provides Spikes support, which goes well with Lando's SR support to form a hazard stacking core that Weavile especially appreciates since it wears down stuff like Toxapex to be within range for its boosted attacks. Ferro also checks Psychics and Fairies, as well as Ash-Gren (albeit a bit poorly in the case of Gren), with Iron Head + Twave dealing with them rather well while also handling Kyurem and crippling otherwise annoying threats to the team such as CM Clef and QD Volcarona. Last, but certainly not least, Scarf Tapu Fini brings some crucial role compression to the team, notably providing a secondary check to both Heatran and Ash-Greninja, speed control, Misty Terrain, as well as Defog.

Shoutouts to MudkipBeans and Adem in the Discord for helping build this!​

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader
Voting is upon us

Team A by adem
gm
:latios-mega: :greninja: :melmetal: :gliscor: :toxapex: :clefable:

3a thunder mtios is an amazing partner with spikes z gren, with gren spike stacking in order to wear down mtios‘s checks as well as luring in bliss/chans for mtios to break. thunder mtios + twave melm forms an effective paraspam core, wearing down steels such as corv, skarm msciz, and heatran as well as waters such as pex and the slowtwins, and with the combined spike stack support from gren, this turns into a deadly core, quickly dismantling opposing teams. beam lati + melm is also extremely threatening as lati checks grounds extremely well, and melm deals with the fairys that psychic-less lati struggles to deal with. sd glisc was added as tran check as well as secondary wincon that benefits greatly from the hazard stacking and para spam, easing its way through teams. pex clef was added to round of the core, checking the likes of agren, volc, lop and sciz for the team, as well as providing hefty knock off support, removing boots to make grens spikes much more efficient.

Team B by 7thisslugismart7
:sm/magnezone: :sm/latios-mega: :sm/tapu fini: :ss/corviknight: :sm/landorus-therian: :sm/weavile:
Double Trapper + Sub Latios BO (<- paste in tittle)

:Latios-Mega: Sub Latios is the best set rn, no cap. As explained in Kyotoshi's post in the VRs, Sub Latios is able to take advantage of his common soft checks by abusing their passivity, and common maneuvers made to outplay Latios like pivoting into a slowtwin and into a pursuit trapper or a faster mon;

:Magnezone: immediately came into mind, trapping both Corv and Mega Sciz, which otherwise wouldnt let Latios make meaningful progress;

:Tapu Fini: serves as the teams stall breaker, Ash Gren and Heatran check, and a powerful set up win con that appreciates Zone getting rid of Ferro and Mega Sciz;

:Corviknight: Spdef set is chosen to better check the likes of Kyurem and Lele (which can decimate the team otherwise). Corv is the team's defogger, Rillaboom and offensive grounds check, and another slow pivot that Latios appreciates greatly.

:Weavile: Rounding up the double trap core. Getting rid of opposing psychics (and Aegislash), heavily pressures the likes of Chansey and Blissey, and together with Corv, serve as tried-n-true ground checks;

:Landorus-Therian: the team's rocker, secondary offensive grounds check, and volt blocker. Flynium is to better check Rillaboom.

:Tapu Koko: Utterly and absolutely decimates and shits on the team :(. Lando + Zone can theoretically be enough to deal with it, as u can always midground into zone and go from there ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

:Diancie-Mega: Its not that bad since Fini, Corv and defensive Lando have good matchups vs it, and nothing realistically gives it free entry (l2p tbh).
(shoutouts to Adam and The Pokémen server for helping!)

Team C by KirbCena
MEGA LATIOS + SD WEAVILE BULKY OFFENSE

:sm/latios-mega: :sm/weavile: :sm/Zapdos: :sm/landorus-therian: :sm/ferrothorn: :sm/tapu-fini:
https://pokepast.es/5f21dec5ff2742e2

Meant to post this sooner but got busy and whatnot

:latios-mega: :weavile:

So for this week's comp, I decided to build around the core of Mystical Fire Mtios and HDB Swords Dance Weavile. Basically Mtios uses its stellar Psychic/Fire/Fighting coverage to break through Weavile's checks and counters like Toxapex, Corviknight, Mega Scizor, etc. while also luring in the bulky Psychics that Weavile can use as setup fodder.

:latios-mega: :weavile: :zapdos:

Next up in the team is 3 Attacks Zapdos, who helps apply pressure on mons like Tapu Fini that neither Lati nor Weavile want to deal with while also giving a more sturdy check to stuff like Kart, Rilla. Lop, Sciz, etc. Paralysis support is also really nice for crippling stuff for Weav to more easily sweep in the late game.

:latios-mega: :weavile: :zapdos: :landorus-therian:

With Weavile and Zapdos handling threats like Mega Garchomp and Mega Lopunny I can afford to run offensive Landorus-Therian which in this case is running a set of Earthquake, Smack Down, and Z-Fly while providing Stealth Rock support. This set is nigh unwallable while still providing decent defensive utility in a ground-immunity, Volt blocker, etc. The EVs allow Lando-T to always OHKO RH Tangrowth with Z-Fly while outspeeding Modest Heatran.

:latios-mega: :weavile: :zapdos: :landorus-therian: :ferrothorn: :tapu-fini:

For my last 2 slots I went with Ferrothorn and Tapu Fini. Ferro provides Spikes support, which goes well with Lando's SR support to form a hazard stacking core that Weavile especially appreciates since it wears down stuff like Toxapex to be within range for its boosted attacks. Ferro also checks Psychics and Fairies, as well as Ash-Gren (albeit a bit poorly in the case of Gren), with Iron Head + Twave dealing with them rather well while also handling Kyurem and crippling otherwise annoying threats to the team such as CM Clef and QD Volcarona. Last, but certainly not least, Scarf Tapu Fini brings some crucial role compression to the team, notably providing a secondary check to both Heatran and Ash-Greninja, speed control, Misty Terrain, as well as Defog.

Shoutouts to MudkipBeans and Adem in the Discord for helping build this!​
Voting deadline will be Monday 16th at 11:59pm GMT.

adem

her
editing this because im stupid and have been fooled all my life, psa STEELIUM TRAN DOES NOT KO MEGA LATIAS, IT IS A LIE

anyways, i made a better version

:ss/mawile-mega: :ss/heatran: :ss/greninja-ash: :ss/landorus-therian: :ss/tapu-fini: :ss/tangrowth:

steelium tran deletes chomp, drei, lando, glisc weakened mega latias, and most importantly, fini (252+ SpA Heatran Corkscrew Crash (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 64+ SpD Tapu Fini: 246-291 (71.5 - 84.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery) anyways, i paired it with mmaw because maw abuses glisc and chomp gone, as well as easing the mtias mu. supdef lando + fog fini is the defensive core, covers grasses, agren, opposing tran, asw as provide rocks and fog, av tang is there for cm fini, grasses again and koko. team is overall quite slow but offense mu isnt hard just outplay tbh

Last edited:
:sm/weavile: :sm/tapu fini: :ss/corviknight: :sm/slowbro-mega: :sm/landorus-therian: :sm/heatran:
Mega Bro + Z Tran BO (<- paste)

:Heatran: your standard firium tran, nothing much going on here. serves as the teams rocker and stallbreaker.

:Slowbro-Mega: haven't seen this mon since the ace ban, so I thought it would be cool to at least give it a try. it appreciates trans ability to check the grasses, mmaw, and msciz, while in return, base bro can serve as a s/i to most of the things that force tran out.

:Corviknight: + :Weavile: tran and bro appreciate a tried and true way to get rid of the latitwins and the grounds. the 19 speed evs on corv is so it can underspeed opposing corvs while being faster than clef.

:Tapu Fini: gives me a secondary set up win con, a second stall breaker, and an ashgren s/i, while providing misty terrain which mega bro and tran heavily appreciate, since they are both status prone, and the evs are an optimized version by adam of the stndrd spread offered.

:Landorus-Therian: gluing the team together, and serving as the teams much needed speed control and volt blocker. hp fire was chosen as its 4th slot to reliably rk kart.

:Charizard-Mega-Y: eats the team alive for sure, but rocks + aggressive doubles can keep it at bay.

:Diancie Mega: worse than yard, but still outplayable through very aggressive plays.

:Tapu Koko: lando die, team go bye bye!

:Pelipper: + :Swampert: + :Manaphy: (rain in general) literally unplayable, srry :(.

(this team is a mess but i wanted to post smth for this week so srryyy.)
(thanks R8, nvk and lupla for helping out.)
(also <3 erti and weaselfie for decimating me w/ rain and arctozolt)

Last edited:

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader
Voting up!

Team A by adem
editing this because im stupid and have been fooled all my life, psa STEELIUM TRAN DOES NOT KO MEGA LATIAS, IT IS A LIE

anyways, i made a better version

:ss/mawile-mega: :ss/heatran: :ss/greninja-ash: :ss/landorus-therian: :ss/tapu-fini: :ss/tangrowth:

steelium tran deletes chomp, drei, lando, glisc weakened mega latias, and most importantly, fini (252+ SpA Heatran Corkscrew Crash (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 64+ SpD Tapu Fini: 246-291 (71.5 - 84.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery) anyways, i paired it with mmaw because maw abuses glisc and chomp gone, as well as easing the mtias mu. supdef lando + fog fini is the defensive core, covers grasses, agren, opposing tran, asw as provide rocks and fog, av tang is there for cm fini, grasses again and koko. team is overall quite slow but offense mu isnt hard just outplay tbh

Team B by 7thisslugismart7
:sm/weavile: :sm/tapu fini: :ss/corviknight: :sm/slowbro-mega: :sm/landorus-therian: :sm/heatran:
Mega Bro + Z Tran BO (<- paste)

:Heatran: your standard firium tran, nothing much going on here. serves as the teams rocker and stallbreaker.

:Slowbro-Mega: haven't seen this mon since the ace ban, so I thought it would be cool to at least give it a try. it appreciates trans ability to check the grasses, mmaw, and msciz, while in return, base bro can serve as a s/i to most of the things that force tran out.

:Corviknight: + :Weavile: tran and bro appreciate a tried and true way to get rid of the latitwins and the grounds. the 19 speed evs on corv is so it can underspeed opposing corvs while being faster than clef.

:Tapu Fini: gives me a secondary set up win con, a second stall breaker, and an ashgren s/i, while providing misty terrain which mega bro and tran heavily appreciate, since they are both status prone, and the evs are an optimized version by adam of the stndrd spread offered.

:Landorus-Therian: gluing the team together, and serving as the teams much needed speed control and volt blocker. hp fire was chosen as its 4th slot to reliably rk kart.

:Charizard-Mega-Y: eats the team alive for sure, but rocks + aggressive doubles can keep it at bay.

:Diancie Mega: worse than yard, but still outplayable through very aggressive plays.

:Tapu Koko: lando die, team go bye bye!

:Pelipper: + :Swampert: + :Manaphy: (rain in general) literally unplayable, srry :(.

(this team is a mess but i wanted to post smth for this week so srryyy.)
(thanks R8, nvk and lupla for helping out.)
(also <3 erti and weaselfie for decimating me w/ rain and arctozolt)

Voting deadline will be Monday 23rd at 11:59pm GMT+0.

:ss/Medicham-Mega: :ss/Weavile: :ss/Amoonguss: :ss/clefable: :ss/Garchomp: :ss/corviknight:
Medicham + Vile BO.
The common core with
:Medicham-mega: and :Weavile: is a very strong core to be reckon with.
Medicham breaking :ferrothorn: , :corviknight: and bulky steels for :weavile:
and Weavile breaking bulky psychics like :jirachi: , :slowbro: and more for :Medicham-mega:.
I paired :amoonguss: with this team because of him being able to spread spores around and help our bad :tapu_koko: and :rillaboom: + :magnezone: match ups.
I also paired :clefable: to help the greninja match up with :amoonguss: and another breaker for the team.
Next was :Garchomp:, another great breaker for the team with rockium z to help weavile and just spread chaos with stealth rocks and that amazing damage output after a swords dance.
Lastly was :Corviknight:, a great defogger to help amoonguss win that rain match up with the support of corviknight, also a great check to :weavile: and etc.
ty for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)