Project National Dex Teambuilding Lab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hello there!
I was interested in a team with Mawile-Mega and Tapu Fini.
This core had me curious since USUM. Never really tried it out, but I think that now is a good time to give it a chance.

Mawile Mega:
View attachment 315630
Provides wallbreak through a lot of mons, including Slowbro if we are using a Knock Off set.

Tapu Fini:

Gives the ground control with its ability, helping with status protection to Mawile. Also can stop some Ace attacks and pivot into other mon, and change into Sableye-Mega as well.
:mawile-mega: :tapu-fini: :garchomp: :tangrowth: :victini: :greninja:
https://pokepast.es/66155c3cd86da006

Aurodian and I also built this around the concept of the Mega Mawile + Garchomp core, designed to bust open defensive cores for Ash-Greninja to clean up. Tangrowth and Tapu Fini provide a solid defensive core, checking anything and everything that wants to threaten Mawile. They also love Garchomp being a solid backbone against Fire-types and Victini to defend against Tapu Lele, Mega Medicham, and Magearna. Victini also adds speed control and an easy way to draw in Ground and Fire types for Ash-Greninja, while Final Gambiting Heatran and Landorus-T for Mega Mawile to go ham. Lastly, Ash-Greninja gives the team more speed and a way to manage offensive Landorus-T and Gliscor, as well as more pivoting. The team struggles with Fire-types, particularly Cinderace, as it lacks defensive switch-ins to them. However, theres enough offensive counterplay to deal with them naturally. Hope you enjoy the team.

Last edited:
Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Taunt

nobodys probably gonna make a team since its not ranked however this mon beats normaliumZ ace reliably while also checking other mons

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Taunt

nobodys probably gonna make a team since its not ranked however this mon beats normaliumZ ace reliably while also checking other mons

So, I decided to make a team around Jellicent. Jellicent has an interesting; albeit very minor niche in the NatDex metagame - that is, being able to check Heatran and Cinderace in one slot without being too heavily impacted by one or the other, AND being able to outright counter Normalium Cinderace. That being said, it does suffer a lot of competition with Slowbro imo - utilizing Slowbro to check Cinderace & other threats generally tends to be more reliable in the current metagame.

:jellicent: Jellicent lies as the star of the show, being able to counter Cinderace in most situations, and being capable of counteracting setup sweepers that may try to mess with it.
:ferrothorn: To help with Jellicent's various disadvantages, I picked up a Ferrothorn. Ferrothorn is capable of checking Greninja and various other Water types Jellicent is unable to handle, such as Tapu Fini. The particular Ferrothorn on this team is Gyro Ball to damage Magearna and Clefable more so that they have less chance to set-up.
:landorus-therian: Landorus-Therian helps give Jellicent a bit of breathing room as it helps check Ground-types as well as helps Jellicent stave off some hits from Cinderace if it is required to check Heatran. The last slot is Defog as fitting it elsewhere on this team would be a tall order.
:magearna: As I realized that I was more and more in need of a stallbreaker and a Mega Latias check, Calm Mind + Pain Split Magearna started coming to mind. It's also convenient that Magearna is capable of checking Psychics in a single slot, which helps Ferrothorn survive throughout the game in a Greninja matchup.
:latios-mega: Landorus-Therian does not suffice as the lone Ground check, and Jellicent, to be quite frank, straight up isn't a Ground check, so I decided to use Mega Latios to help out. The last slot is Aura Sphere as I needed something to be able to pressure Ferrothorn and Heatran in a single slot.
:cinderace: Finally, I needed something to pressure the growing Steel weakness my team had, and thus employed Cinderace as a way of taking care of this weakness. Cinderace also helps the team make progress vs BlissBro archetypes, which would otherwise give the team some difficulty in taking care of.

:garchomp-mega: Playing around Mega Garchomp is a little difficult with this team. Landorus-Therian is incapable of preventing Mega Garchomp from getting off two Scale Shots, and +1 Scale Shot can OHKO if the opposing Garchomp is a little lucky. The best way to play around this is to utilize the offensive pressure the team has and make sure it cannot set up an SD without major punish.

:lopunny-mega: Mega Lopunny is even harder to play around as Close Combat is capable of 2HKOing Jellicent, and some members of the team can let it in, like Ferrothorn. Likewise with Mega Garchomp, playing around this Lopunny is a matter of playing offensively so that Mega Lopunny makes the least damage possible.

Hello. I don't think Toxapex is necessarily a core poke, so if this request gets rejected that's alright. I was thinking of running a Pex build as follows
Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Recover
I'd like to make a balance team with her as one of the tanks, but I find it hard to build around a tank rather than an offensive core. Before, I had a team with reuniclus, gliscor, beefy zapdos, pex, ferrothorn, and mega lopunny. The team was very flawed, so I'm trying to take it in another direction. I'm not fond of full stall teams so that's why I'd like to build a balance team with pex as one of the stars.

Pubo

bom dia
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
requesting a team with mega charizard x and lele
Charizard (Charizard-Mega-X) (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Mystical Fire

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Hidden Power: Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Mega diance is a great special breaker with rock and fairy coverage to pressure mons such as blissey, tyranitar, zapdos, mega latias and latios, heatran, kommo-o, and more. It also provides some nice utility with magic bounce being "immune" to status since it reflects them back. Tapu lele is another very strong breaker which provides mega diancie and itself with immunity to priority such as scizor's bullet punch, greninja's water shuriken, and fake out from loppuny. Diancie also has very high defences prior to mega evolution and could be used as a last ditch effort against cinderace

Hello!
I'd like to request a stall team using chansey. Said like this, it seems like almost any stall could do it, but there are some more requierements:
- No need to take any Cinderace check/counter, consider it as banned
- Avoid taking legendaries, except Moltres, Articuno and Zapdos
That's it! Thanks in advance!

This is awesome!

If possible, something revolving around these two. BUT... With a special catch.. Only room for 1 Legendary or Ultra Beast (But it must also be something that can be 1:1 or close enough switched out with a non-legendary / ub) - Allternatively, can use no legendaries / ubs.

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog
- Bulk Up

Hello there! I was wondering if you could do a team around Amoonguss. Now that Cinderace is gone, this mon may be able to make a better work against physical attackers, specially walling Rillaboom.
1616426290604.png

Tyranitar, by the other hand, can help with Heatran, specially if T-Tar is running Earthquake and provide a dark resist, which helps Amoonguss to check Greninja
1616426240142.png

1616425606553.png
/
1616425618681.png
+
1616425579781.png

Hello! I am requesting a team built around z victini
da set:
Victini @ Normalium Z
Ability: Victory Star
Timid Nature
- Celebrate
- Focus Blast
- Searing Shot
- Stored Power
I want the team to be very offensive and Victni to be the only sweeper or one other sweeper that destroys what Z-Victni can't or the rest of the team does. Thank you!

build around mmaw + gren

:mawile-mega:
Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

:greninja-ash:
Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

mega mawile and ash greninja form a powerful wallbreaking core. mega mawile is able to break open bulky teams easily with its absurd power gained from huge power and swords dance, alongside powerful priority. however it struggles vs offense, where faster pokemon such as garchomp can constantly put it under fire. even with sucker punch, some pokemon can survive an unboosted or even a boosted sucker punch before ohkoing mawile, and it also doesnt have opportunities to set up. conversely, ash greninja is a powerful tool against offense due to its high speed, power, and access to priority allowing it to revenge kill many of offense's premier threats like kartana and lando-t. however it's not so good against bulky teams due to the fact that special walls like blissey can just hard wall it and being locked into spikes isn't always great. because of these traits, mega mawile and ash gren can form a powerful core, with ash greninja beating offense teams while mega mawile takes on bulky teams. this could lead to some interesting and fun builds!

Solaros & Lunaris

is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Requesting a team built around CM Clefable and SD Mega Scizor.
:clefable: :scizor-mega: :greninja-ash: :garchomp: :zapdos: :amoonguss:
https://pokepast.es/fb8f2662bae5d530

When Sputnik and I started this team, we immediately wanted to throw on Spikes because that’s pretty much the best way to abuse CM Clefable. Ash-Greninja was chosen for its amazing synergy alongside Clefable and Mega Scizor, as it eviscerates the Fire-types that they can’t deal with, while Clefable and Mega Scizor can deal with Water- and Grass-types that handle Ash-Greninja. Adding on to the synergy is Rockium Z Garchomp, who gives the team Stealth Rock, an Electric immunity, and a Heatran switch-in. Its +2 Continental Crush also cleaves through Zapdos, which Mega Scizor adores. Lastly, Zapdos and Amoonguss finish out the team to provide a ton of defensive roles, notably handling Kartana and Flyinium Z Landorus-T. Curse + U-turn Mega Scizor is an option on this team to strengthen the Gliscor MU, but that’s ultimately your choice. We hope you enjoy the team!

Hello. I don't think Toxapex is necessarily a core poke, so if this request gets rejected that's alright. I was thinking of running a Pex build as follows
Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Recover
I'd like to make a balance team with her as one of the tanks, but I find it hard to build around a tank rather than an offensive core. Before, I had a team with reuniclus, gliscor, beefy zapdos, pex, ferrothorn, and mega lopunny. The team was very flawed, so I'm trying to take it in another direction. I'm not fond of full stall teams so that's why I'd like to build a balance team with pex as one of the stars.
:corviknight: :toxapex: :tyranitar-mega: :excadrill: :greninja-ash: :reuniclus:
https://pokepast.es/2c46e9bad2275e0d

This Sand build was started by me and finished with advice from MudkipBeans and Ainzcrad. SubBU Corviknight is an incredible Pressure staller alongside Toxic Spikes, and alongside Reuniclus, they can basically outlast any offensive Pokemon. Chipping them down further with sand and Stealth Rock is Mega Tyranitar, who also acts as a great way to pressure Mega Latias and Zapdos. Toxic Excadrill acts as a fast utility Pokemon, keeping its side of the field clear of hazards and whittling down Grass- and Flying-types with Toxic while acting as alternative Speed control to Ash-Greninja. Speaking of, Ash-Greninja provides more residual damage with Spikes and appreciates Corviknight using Grass-types and Reuniclus using Water-types as setup fodder. Lastly, Reuni is the tertiary wincon on this team, using Z-Thunder for a solid stall and Manaphy matchup. It’s also a great MMedi check. Hope you enjoy the team!

Hello, i would like to request a team around :slowking:
:slowking: :ferrothorn: :diancie-mega: :zapdos: :gliscor: :jirachi:
https://pokepast.es/b3a2b790c16263e0

This team was based on a skeleton handed to me by MudkipBeans, pairing Mega Diancie with two powerful forms of offensive pressure; Spikes and Future Sight. Slowking and Ferrothorn can pivot in on a variety of threats to set up Spikes or Future Sight, then pivot into Mega Diancie to start throwing out big damage. Diancie is also the team’s Stealth Rocker and Dark resist, so keep it healthy if Ash-Greninja is on the other side. Zapdos is the Defogger, and I felt more comfortable going with it because Mega Diancie threatens the Stealth Rockers it can’t deal with. It’s also the team’s Kartana answer. SD Gliscor loves the Spikes the team provides as well as its ability to pressure Corviknight from all angles. Thus, it is a suitable wincon here. Lastly, Jirachi provides Speed control and a way to freely bring in Mega Diancie and Gliscor, while also giving any mon a 2nd chance to do their thing thanks to Healing Wish. The team is quite solid, but it needs to be wary about Ash-Greninja in the long run. Hope you enjoy the squad!

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
This team was based on a skeleton handed to me by MudkipBeans, pairing Mega Diancie with two powerful forms of offensive pressure; Spikes and Future Sight. Slowking and Ferrothorn can pivot in on a variety of threats to set up Spikes or Future Sight, then pivot into Mega Diancie to start throwing out big damage. Diancie is also the team’s Stealth Rocker and Dark resist, so keep it healthy if Ash-Greninja is on the other side. Zapdos is the Defogger, and I felt more comfortable going with it because Mega Diancie threatens the Stealth Rockers it can’t deal with. It’s also the team’s Kartana answer. SD Gliscor loves the Spikes the team provides as well as its ability to pressure Corviknight from all angles. Thus, it is a suitable wincon here. Lastly, Jirachi provides Speed control and a way to freely bring in Mega Diancie and Gliscor, while also giving any mon a 2nd chance to do their thing thanks to Healing Wish. The team is quite solid, but it needs to be wary about Ash-Greninja in the long run. Hope you enjoy the squad!
Awesome team!, thank you, you did a great job with the team.
(Srry the delay btw)

Hey y'all! I'd like to request a bulky offense team around
charizard-mega-x.png
+
jirachi.png
:

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Roost

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Trick
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

The request was inspired by adsam's recent post over at the VRs. Jirachi's main appeal as a MZX partner is giving it the longevity it needs to sweep, while doubling as speed control, and a lure that's able to cripple the bulky waters MZX struggles against. Thank you in advance!

Solaros & Lunaris

Hey y'all! I'd like to request a bulky offense team around View attachment 332062 +View attachment 332063:

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Roost

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Trick
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

The request was inspired by adsam's recent post over at the VRs. Jirachi's main appeal as a MZX partner is giving it the longevity it needs to sweep, while doubling as speed control, and a lure that's able to cripple the bulky waters MZX struggles against. Thank you in advance!

:charizard-mega-x: :gastrodon: :tapu-koko: :kartana: :jirachi: :clefable:
https://pokepast.es/24563b8aa0ece0f3

This team was built by Optify and myself, and centers around getting Dragon Dance Mega Charizard X to sweep. Gastrodon has unique defensive synergy with Mega Charizard X, as it handles Water-types (namely Ash-Greninja) while Zard X uses Grass-types as setup fodder. Choice Specs Tapu Koko is a remarkable early-game wallbreaker that happens to nbait in Grass-types as well as Gastrodon, while also catching some Ground-types with Hidden Power Ice so Zard X doesn’t sacrifice itself to take them down. Speaking of beating Ground-types, bulky Kartana is the Garchomp answer on this team, as well as the Defogger. Because its not the sturdiest Tapu Lele check, though, we decided to add Choice Scarf Jirachi as a Psychic resist and effective method of speed control. In addition, Healing Wish is loved by both Tapu Koko and Mega Charizard X. Lastly, Clefable was chosen as the Stealth Rock setter because it handled many of the team’s current issues, namely Mega Lopunny, Hydreigon, Kyurem, and with Ice Beam, Gliscor. As Hydreigon has become a little less common, you can move the Special Defense EVs into Defense to handle Mega Lopunny, Mega Medicham, anf Hawlucha better, but that’s your choice. Hope both of you enjoy the team!
Hello there! I was wondering if you could do a team around Amoonguss. Now that Cinderace is gone, this mon may be able to make a better work against physical attackers, specially walling Rillaboom.
View attachment 324993
Tyranitar, by the other hand, can help with Heatran, specially if T-Tar is running Earthquake and provide a dark resist, which helps Amoonguss to check Greninja
View attachment 324992

View attachment 324987/View attachment 324988 + View attachment 324986
:tyranitar: :excadrill: :amoonguss: :clefable: :latias-mega: :seismitoad:
https://pokepast.es/8a12ad76ddf126cb

This team is a take on one of Optify’s favorite playstyles, CM Spam Sand. The idea is to utilize sand chip and the absurd bulk of both Clefable and Mega Latias to wear down the opponent to the point where they can’t stop a sweep. Tyranitar is the team’s sand setter and main wallbreaker, using nuclear Stone Edges and Crunches to wear the opposing team while Pursuitting anything attempting to flee. Superpower is also nice to remove pesky Chansey and Ferrothorn. Excadrill is the team’s speed and hazard control, using Toxic to limit Zapdos and Moltres’ ability to switch-in and Defog hazards away. Amoonguss is the team’s main Ash-Greninja and Calm Mind Tapu Fini check, as well as a secondary Kartana check. Clefable is CM Fairium Z, a tech that lets it nuke Pokemon neutral to Fairy but who could end a sweep quickly. Thunder allows it to hanfle CorvPex cores way easier, as this core is a thorn in the team’s side. Mega Latias is the other CM sweeper and Kartana check, as well as a Garchomp answer. Lastly, to give Stealth Rock and some more buffer against Zapdos and Heatran, and another Ash-Greninja answer, we elected to go with Seismitoad in the last slot. The team can struggle a bit with Corviknight, but between Clefable and Tyranitar it shouldn’t be too difficult to handle. Hope you enjoy the team!

Last edited:
Hi! I have recently been getting back into Showdown and National Dex interests me most. However, I haven't really found or been able to build something I like. I am looking for a balanced team on the bulkier side with a defensive backbone and some strong hitters that can break and clean up. More specifically, I am looking for a team centered around making everything possible for the following Lele set to shine:

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast/HP Fire

For the rest I don't have any other requests. I also don't mind using creative mons or sets, so feel free to get crazy. Thanks in advance if someone picks this up!

agslash23

Banned deucer.
Wanted to build an offensive team around Ash Gren, Garchomp and Mega Scizor

:greninja-ash: :garchomp: :scizor-mega:

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Garchomp @ Rockium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

This trio is very good. As we all know Ash-Gren + Garchomp is a fantastic core that can beat each others' checks as well as shared checks. Both also set Hazards very effectively as Garchomp pressures defoggers like Zapdos and Fini very well, and Greninja can help with Defoggers that can trouble Garchomp like Corviknight and Gliscor.

Mega Scizor complements this core very well. It can use U-turn to bring them in safely early-game. Later on, once Greninja and Garchomp create holes in opponent's team through wallbreaking and spamming hazards, Scizor can use SD to start sweeping the opponent's team. Moreover, Scizor can switch into Rillaboom, Kyurem and Fairies like Clefable, Fini etc., pokemon that Greninja and Garchomp could struggle with at times.

Last edited:
so i want to really get into national dex for the only reason being i can use serperior (my favorite pokemon)
so i want to request a team with serperior+mega latias (also one of my favourite pokemon)
something like:
:Serperior:
Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare
- Substitute

:Latias-Mega:
Latias-Mega (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Aura Sphere

(i hope these work good enough together, and if you want to change the set thats also fine
)

Last edited:

might dragon 1.2

Banned deucer.
can i pls ask from the gods a team around shuckle (if you want ribombee) and mega medacham/hoopa u (which ever one is easier to build for you) and also pls no clef

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Toxic

Hoopa-Unbound @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Magician
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast

-------------------------------------

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch/ Thunder punch

the web slows down so either of the offensive mons can break walls and this team should have a cleaner

can't decide weather ip or tp so pick which ever one you want if you pick medicham over hoopa-u

Last edited:

Solaros & Lunaris

requesting a team with mega charizard x and lele
Charizard (Charizard-Mega-X) (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
Hi! I have recently been getting back into Showdown and National Dex interests me most. However, I haven't really found or been able to build something I like. I am looking for a balanced team on the bulkier side with a defensive backbone and some strong hitters that can break and clean up. More specifically, I am looking for a team centered around making everything possible for the following Lele set to shine:

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast/HP Fire

For the rest I don't have any other requests. I also don't mind using creative mons or sets, so feel free to get crazy. Thanks in advance if someone picks this up!
:charizard-mega-x: :tapu-lele: :ferrothorn: :clefable: :landorus-therian: :corviknight:
https://pokepast.es/b65c70681a3b8bdb

This team was built by adsam and myself, and is a more balanced take on Mega Charizard X. Tapu Lele and the big blue dragon have great offensive synergy; the former scares the daylights out of physical walls and Toxapex that ZardX can’t quite handle, and the latter is adept at shredding Steel-types and special walls very easily. To complement the duo, we added Ferrothorn, who provides a check to the Slowtwins and the incredibly potent Spikes. Icium Z Clef was mostly added for lack of a Z-Move user and Stealth Rock setter, but its ability to directly threaten Gliscor and Garchomp and certainly appreciated by a slower team like this. Landorus-T is designed to manage Kartana and Mega Latias with Hidden Power Fire and Punishment, while acting as basically the best emergency check and pivot available on the team. Speaking of pivots, Corviknight rounds the team out, providing checks to Pokemon like Kyurem, Kartana, and Mega Scizor that the team otherwise falters to. The team is a bit Magnezone prone, but it‘s nothing you can’t handle in the long run. Hope you enjoy the team!
Wanted to build an offensive team around Ash Gren, Garchomp and Mega Scizor

:greninja-ash: :garchomp: :scizor-mega:

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Garchomp @ Rockium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

This trio is very good. As we all know Ash-Gren + Garchomp is a fantastic core that can beat each others' checks as well as shared checks. Both also set Hazards very effectively as Garchomp pressures defoggers like Zapdos and Fini very well, and Greninja can help with Defoggers that can trouble Garchomp like Corviknight and Gliscor.

Mega Scizor complements this core very well. It can use U-turn to bring them in safely early-game. Later on, once Greninja and Garchomp create holes in opponent's team through wallbreaking and spamming hazards, Scizor can use SD to start sweeping the opponent's team. Moreover, Scizor can switch into Rillaboom, Kyurem and Fairies like Clefable, Fini etc., pokemon that Greninja and Garchomp could struggle with at times.
:scizor-mega: :garchomp: :greninja-ash: :zapdos: :tapu-fini: :tangrowth:
https://pokepast.es/fccce082441a8779

Once again, this team was built by adsam and myself. It‘s a bulky offense designed to let Ash-Greninja clean up by ripping through its defensive answers with Mega Scizor and Garchomp. The latter two also provide the Tapu Lele, Khurem, Kartana, and Heatran checks, while Mega Scizor’s Bullet Punch and Ash-Greninja’s Water Shuriken make up for the relative lack of speed on the team. Zapdos was added for its great defensive synergy with Mega Scizor and Garchomp, while also adding Defog support and a Ground immunity. We were forced into a wall with these last two teammates, as se couldn’t make the team fast enough and sturdy enough, so we decided on Scarf Tapu Fini and AV Tangrowth. The former provides a decent check to Ash-Greninja, Heatran, Garchomp, and Mega Gyarados, while Tricking its Scarf away against defensive teams. The latter is a decent rain answer, as well as a backup Tapu Koko check should Garchomp be removed. Hope you enjoy the team!

so i want to really get into national dex for the only reason being i can use serperior (my favorite pokemon)
so i want to request a team with serperior+mega latias (also one of my favourite pokemon)
something like:
:Serperior:
Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare
- Substitute

:Latias-Mega:
Latias-Mega (F) @ Latiasite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Aura Sphere

(i hope these work good enough together, and if you want to change the set thats also fine
)
:latias-mega: :tapu-bulu: :serperior: :heatran: :landorus-therian: :corviknight:
https://pokepast.es/b360f498c8708eea

Another team built by adsam and myself, this team was probably the most heat of the three builds. Our initial thought with this team was to use Grass spaam, but we struggled to check Ash-Greninja properly with Rillaboom, so we went with the next best option: Tapu Bulu. The bull also provided a solid immediate offensive presence, trashing the likes of Corviknight and Zapdos so Mega Latias and Corviknight had more breathing room to setup. Heatran was a natural partner, mopping up 12% recovery in Grassy Terrain while Toxicing Mega Latias and beating Corviknight and Mega Scizor, two of the team’s current issues. Knock Off Choice Scarf Landorus-T was mostly used because we wanted extra Mega Latias and Zapdos insurance, while giving the team more speed. Once more, Corviknight is a nice glue for the team, providing it with the usual utilities as a pivt, defogger, and Psychic- and Fairy- check. Hope you enjoy the team!

Last edited:
Hello there, I'd love to request for a team to be built around the following mons:
The idea is volt-turn + banded Victini
Feel free to change anything from the EVs to the move sets, as long as the mons are there.
:ss/victini:

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike

:ss/landorus-therian:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

:ss/rotom-wash:
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)