NBA Season 2009-2010

Lakers, while I am willing to admit maybe I was a little wrong on some aspects (like Durant actually being shut down or not - another incredibly bad game gives you more credence), I still think you said some blatantly wrong stuff. The referees can always be the ones to swing games by giving free throws to the home boys/home stars, and the dirty little secret is that it may be what swung game 2 to the Lakers (with Durant being denied). In this game, it sure as hell swung it to the Thunder like I predicted :(

It will be interesting to see what kind of adjustments Mike Brown uses to counteract the the speed of the Bulls, but the Cavs are finally back down to Earth once again just like last season.
I'd like to see Hickson get some minutes. He's freakishly athletic and allows the Cavs to better match the pace of the bulls on either end. I for one am glad they lost last night. A little adversity will help them down the stretch, and I still think they'll take the series.

The Bulls/Cavs was a great game to watch, except Chicago should def be worried about giving up a 21 point lead. I think the Bulls have a chance in Game 4, but I think the Cavs will win games 4 and 5.

I haven't really had a chance to catch any of the other series but I am routing for.

Orlando (Favorite East Team)
Atlanta
Miami
OK City
San Antonio
PHX (Favorite Overall Team)
Denver

Lakers, while I am willing to admit maybe I was a little wrong on some aspects (like Durant actually being shut down or not - another incredibly bad game gives you more credence), I still think you said some blatantly wrong stuff. The referees can always be the ones to swing games by giving free throws to the home boys/home stars, and the dirty little secret is that it may be what swung game 2 to the Lakers (with Durant being denied). In this game, it sure as hell swung it to the Thunder like I predicted :(
Well yes, the refs can change the game, but it wasnt exactly one-sided when the Lakers played at home. Also, I realize the refs can miss many calls and may have inflated the FT stats to make it close, but look at the free throw counts for all 3 games so far.

Game 1: Thunder 24 ATT's, Lakers 22 ATT's

Game 2: Thunder 33 ATT's, Lakers 32 ATT's

Game 3: Thunder: 34 ATT's, Lakers 12 ATT's

Now, maybe this just has to do with the Thunder being a more phyiscal team since they seem to be one of the worst in the league at the 3, but it seemed quite close in the first 2 games. As for the Artest debate, I mean if you discount his fast break dunk and the shot he hit over Kobe in the 4th Durant shoots 6-22 with Artest guarding him. Game 1 couldve been a fluke, but its pretty good to hold a scorer like Durant under 33% when hes at home.

It was one sided - Gasol and Kobe had all but like two of the Lakers' free throws, and Durant had like 6. There is a reason I keep saying it was one sided! It is not coincidental he suddenly jumped to 13 at home.

I dunno about you guys. I think the refs have been mostly okay in that series. Durant's play changed at home than it was in the beginning of the series. Why is it always the refs that account for that and not the players? Try seeing each individual foul. Numbers aren't going to tell you everything you know.

Some of the fouls they called were ridiculous, but I cant blame that completely on the Lakers' losing. The Lakers shot what, maybe 50% from the line if thye were lucky yesterday? That game was an embarrassment for them, and theyre basically doing what they did with the Rockets last year. They're taking the Thunder as a joke on the road hoping that theyll come out like killers at home. I hope they do, because if they lose game 5 somehow then they're pretty much done. I cant see them losing that game because Kobe for sure wont let them lose at home, but when Fisher cant D up anyone the Thunder actually have a legitimate shot

I was very impressed with the Thunder last night. I actually like the Suns, but I wish I would have been at that game last night, the roof was going to come off it was so awesome.

In regards to the Lakers, I don't really care one way or the other (I dislike SA, DAL, and CLE much more), but any team that plays around with their opinion should be dealt with, and with the way the LAL are playing they will win this series in 7 at best.

I think the Thunder will give them much more trouble than UTAH/DEN will.

very nice win, though I will admit the Thunder fascinate me a lot. They really are the ultimate traditional rebuilding team, and so since we're taking an oddball approach ( ie. Moneyball) in contrast, seeing whom will do better over the long term will be interesting to see for the NBA as a whole.

For now, rooting for San Antonio, though if the Thunder actually win Game 5, I'll pay a lot more attention than I have been giving them.

The Lakers made stupid fouls and the Thunder were aggressive. Can't get any simpler than that. No "corrupt" reffing was involved.
Some of those fouls werent stupid. Just to use one I remember fully off the top of my head, I believe it was the second quarter Durant was going up for a lay up. Shannon Brown so cleanly stripped the ball from him and they called a shooting foul on Brown...Even the one in the third Q when Kobe went up for a shot, Kristic got a hand on the ball and they called a travel until they came to their senses and changed the call. Again, I wont blame this game on reffing because the Lakers played terrible, but I think every NBA game I watch the refs tend to get worse

Lakers, I literally told you that this would happen. The home team is the one that gets the nice calls; first the Lakers did at home, and now the Thunder did at home. The call that got changed was absurd - no superstar should be able to bitch at the referees and make them review/change a play (especially not in a game they play like a dog).

Lakers, I literally told you that this would happen. The home team is the one that gets the nice calls; first the Lakers did at home, and now the Thunder did at home. The call that got changed was absurd - no superstar should be able to bitch at the referees and make them review/change a play (especially not in a game they play like a dog).

I'm assuming we are talking about the Kobe traveling? call. Well, I agree that it should NOT have been overturn because I was trying my hardest to make sense of the replay and I did not see any Thunder hands near that ball. I watched a couple of times and if I missed it, well my bad, but I thought they needed conclusive evidence.

and as CaptKirby says, NO superstar should be able to bitch at the refs. EVER.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Instead of complaining about all the calls and trying to prove that, "home teams and superstars get calls," maybe it would just be better if you admit the Thunder were more aggressive. They took the basketball to the hoop almost every drive to draw contact. The Lakers were very passive on offense (Kobe not taking a shot in the first quarter).

No it's easier to just blame the refs and stare at numbers. The possibility of the other team being aggressive and my favorite team doing stupid fouls is 0%.

No it's easier to just blame the refs and stare at numbers. The possibility of the other team being aggressive and my favorite team doing stupid fouls is 0%.
Not really, when I named instances of when the call was absolutely terrible. I even said earlier, that maybe the foul calls were even in LA because the Thunder are a more aggressive team since they cant shoot the 3 for shit. But I guess that one flew right over your head

i hate women commentators. like during the lakers game "man i do not remember when kobe hasn't taken more than 2 shots in a playoff series" hello fucking retard how about vs the suns 5 years ago when kobe took 3 in the second half god i hate women commentators

i hate women commentators. like during the lakers game "man i do not remember when kobe hasn't taken more than 2 shots in a playoff series" hello fucking retard how about vs the suns 5 years ago when kobe took 3 in the second half god i hate women commentators
lmao, you know I was thinking the same thing yesterday when I was watching the game. She was saying something when they were down by 20 and I kept thinking get this woman off or stfu

Instead of complaining about all the calls and trying to prove that, "home teams and superstars get calls," maybe it would just be better if you admit the Thunder were more aggressive. They took the basketball to the hoop almost every drive to draw contact. The Lakers were very passive on offense (Kobe not taking a shot in the first quarter).
If you mean me, it is not bitching about the teams, but rather the NBA as a whole. I highly doubt the Thunder just suddenly became more aggressive than the Lakers to the point a free throw disparity sprung out of nowhere. Home teams get advantageous calls much more often than not, and it ruins basketball games.

Now what does not ruin basketball games? Noah just pulled down 9 rebounds in 9 minutes in the first quarter. Wheeeeeeeeee.

I highly doubt the Thunder just suddenly became more aggressive than the Lakers to the point a free throw disparity sprung out of nowhere.
Rewatch both games and then make that statement again. Their aggression is a serious difference.

If you mean me, it is not bitching about the teams, but rather the NBA as a whole. I highly doubt the Thunder just suddenly became more aggressive than the Lakers to the point a free throw disparity sprung out of nowhere. Home teams get advantageous calls much more often than not, and it ruins basketball games.

Now what does not ruin basketball games? Noah just pulled down 9 rebounds in 9 minutes in the first quarter. Wheeeeeeeeee.
Now as for this series, I'll admit I was wrong on the fouls. I put a tad too much stock into the numbers in LA without seeing how they would turn out in OKC. On that note, I still think it refers back to what I said earlier. the Thunder havent increased their aggressiveness, rather that they played at home these last two games. I mean they really couldnt breath on Durant without it being a foul, but its understandable. I just hope Phil actually comes to his senses in game 5 and plays Farmar over Fisher. Id rather have a pg who cant run the triangle as well but can actually stick with Westbrook and not get blown by everytime like Westbrook was doing to Fisher yesterday

pookar

Banned deucer.
dude quit being a homer and complaining

home teams get calls. superstars get a few more calls.

on the last fucking page you argued that the lakers dont get more calls at home and that it's balanced. sometimes its not getting MORE calls but the other team getting LESS called in their favor. The lakers are a league average defensive team, and if artest and bynum are not on the floor at the same time, that league average defense goes below average. the lakers have zero answer to russell westbrook's energy and everyone else on the team just complements eachother. sefolosha is a great defender, and their big men are pure rebounders. their team gameplan is extremely simple and it works more often than not.

now i wish dwight howard was more fairly officiated. they need to give him a bit more offensive freedom but quite a few of his blocks are borderline goaltending. they are good plays, but you have to draw the line sometimes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)